Author Topic: [IC] Sanctuary Doubleshot Keyset.  (Read 118389 times)

Offline Zwi

• hi.
[IC] Sanctuary Doubleshot Keyset.
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 16:11:49 »
Interested in a 104 set

Offline royalsego

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 16:27:55 »
Quote from: Jigo;557486
I was nearly ecstatic when I saw the initial image. I've loved the Exocet font since my Diablo 2 addiction waaaaay back during my middle school days. Then the sad reminder of the legend limitations in shape. Until I see the prototypes, I'm gonna have to remain on the fence for whether I'll be in for a set. I absolutely love the idea, but I'm just afraid of the elegance of this font being lost with all-rounded serifs. Also, whoever came up with the roman numerals row, I wanna buy them a beer :P

Ultimately, I would be in for a 104 set if the prototypes turn out nice. Maybe 2 if the gf likes it too ^^

no kidding, that is genius
FILCOmj287REDmx █ LEOPOLD104v1.0REDmx █ FILCOmj2CAMO87BRNmx █ DUCKY87GRNalps

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 16:35:25 »
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Diablo III and I think I should play The Game with this set on my keyboard but main problem is that right now I only have a Japanese Filco with reds and don't have any plan to buy an ANSI Tenkeyless.

I guess I could fit them in the Poker  but blue alu case doesn't match the colour scheme of the keycaps :mmph:

If only this was possible for Topre :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 16:38:31 by guilleguillaume »

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 17:02:13 »
Quote from: Jigo;557486
Also, whoever came up with the roman numerals row, I wanna buy them a beer :P

You want to buy Jung (ahoocom) a beer then.

Quote from: guilleguillaume;557546
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Diablo III and I think I should play The Game with this set on my keyboard but main problem is that right now I only have a Japanese Filco with reds and don't have any plan to buy an ANSI Tenkeyless.

I guess I could fit them in the Poker  but blue alu case doesn't match the colour scheme of the keycaps :mmph:

If only this was possible for Topre :eyebrows:

What do you need to make it compatible?
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 17:13:26 »
In love with this set, but currently only have 104 board >.< But in for either or! Would gladly find a tenkeyless if thats the only set available for this set!

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 17:18:06 »
I would be really interested in a 104 set!!

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 17:53:07 »
Quote from: hazeluff;557559
You want to buy Jung (ahoocom) a beer then.

What do you need to make it compatible?

I will explain the best I can:

Numbers 1-2-4 are single keys so I can use this but will miss one:

To fit on numbers 9-10 I can use a mix of Extra number row and the normal number row so there should be no problem here. Blanks could be possible with red colour or Grey.

I will miss numbers 3-5-6-7-8:

3 - Spacebar with different size that I think is not made by Signature Plastics. Here is a problem.

5 - Single key that could be blank.

6 - Single key that could be blank.

7 - ISO Enter.

8 - Shift that have the size of Caps Lock key, the same used on Noppo Choc Mini and Dox keyboard.

I will miss some keys that SP can make and I can afford the price even if it's high but the spacebar is the main problem that I think can't be fixed. It's quite a mess and don't know if it's worth the effort. Do you know if over at KBDmania people have japanese keyboards? Maybe someone could be interested. It will need 6 extra keys apart from your sets but the spacebar is not possible I think.

I've never talked with SP but the size of a japanese filco spacebar is like in this pic made by Ripster:

Total lenght: 85mm
Length between stabilizers: 70mm

The central stem is at 35mm from the stabilizer stems so it is in the middle.

I will get the set even if it doesn't fit the japanese keyboard but would be cool.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:12:57 by guilleguillaume »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 17:58:44 »
Guys, the 104 set is going to happen for sure, so don't say only interested in 104 if it'll happen :)

Be more confident in this set, I'm pretty sure everyone wants in.

We're at seven x 104 sets.

Jung was the one that had the idea I believe.  Hazeluff did most/all of the artwork though, and they're both coming up with ideas together.  I think everyone should give both of them credit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:02:03 by sherryton »

Offline 1337llama

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:15:07 »
It looks really cool, I might be in for a 104 set.

I was wondering what the 10 key cluster would look like, and if the navigation cluster will definitely use the standard font. As cool as the set looks, keeping the cluster with a normal font makes it look a bit off.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:15:31 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;557584
I will explain the best I can:

Show Image

Numbers 1-2-4 are single keys so I can use this but will miss one:

Show Image

To fit on numbers 9-10 I can use a mix of Extra number row and the normal number row so there should be no problem here. Blanks could be possible with red colour or Grey.

I will miss numbers 3-5-6-7-8:

3 - Spacebar with different size that I think is not made by Signature Plastics. Here is a problem.

5 - Single key that could be blank.

6 - Single key that could be blank.

7 - ISO Enter.

8 - Shift that have the size of Caps Lock key, the same used on Noppo Choc Mini and Dox keyboard.

I will miss some keys that SP can make and I can afford the price even if it's high but the spacebar is the main problem that I think can't be fixed. It's quite a mess and don't know if it's worth the effort. Do you know if over at KBDmania people have japanese keyboards? Maybe someone could be interested. It will need 6 extra keys apart from your sets but the spacebar is not possible I think.

I will get the set even if it doesn't fit the japanese keyboard but would be cool.

We can fix 5,6,7 easily with the ISO key. The problem is the Shift key. If we made an "ISO" kit, we could make it the "Compatiblility" kit that will have keys to fit a choc mini as well? I think I'm pushing too far for this. Can't please everyone... = /

I'll have a ponder to a sollution for this. Tsangan did it so it was 87 base + compatibility (winkeyless + other keys) that made it fit a ton of other boards.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:50:43 »
Quote from: hazeluff;557593
We can fix 5,6,7 easily with the ISO key. The problem is the Shift key. If we made an "ISO" kit, we could make it the "Compatiblility" kit that will have keys to fit a choc mini as well? I think I'm pushing too far for this. Can't please everyone... = /

I'll have a ponder to a sollution for this. Tsangan did it so it was 87 base + compatibility (winkeyless + other keys) that made it fit a ton of other boards.

I thought about that when I was writing my post so please don't push too far because a unique layout like mine exists, we don't need a R4 here. I will get the set as it is right now, don't worry as the spacebar can't be done by SP for me it doesn't make sense to have all compatible keycaps but the spacebar, I'm too perfectionist when it comes to aesthetics in keyboards and would never use it with an unmatching spacebar.

Dismiss the idea because it doesn't make sense at all. I knew what would happen when I bought that keyboard and knew that my only choice was KBC 108 sets :party:

Anyway I would gladly buy ISO set too help the cause.

I forgot yo say that your work is simple amazing :whoo:

Do you mind if I post the info and Layout picture in a spanish forum to recruit buyers?
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:54:10 by guilleguillaume »

Offline biszarerabbit

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 18:56:02 »
So with how many people have signed up, do you have an estimate for how much a set will cost?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 19:10:54 »
The beginning average was around $80.  We can assume it is at a maximum of $64 right now.  The best we can do is try to bring it down to $56.  I think that will be the lowest possible.

Offline kraise

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 19:11:40 »
I'm interested in a 87 key set pending the price... Although price has never really been an issue before. Damn group buys.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch Linear R TKL | Matias Tactile Pro 3 LE Silver & Black | Matias Quiet Pro

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 19:12:45 »
I'm in for 2 sets atleast possibly more if some of my other mates come to the party..
Poker
QFR

Offline Ar3s

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:46:54 »
3 sets for me so far.
Keyboard Collection:
Topre Realforce 86U | Filco Majestouch 2 Limited Edition R | Filco Majestouch 2 Yellow Keycap Version | Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja White | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent

Offline 500_pts

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:49:55 »
Quote from: Ar3s;557713
3 sets for me so far.

Big Diablo fan? :P
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:53:43 »
In for one depending on final price

Offline Tempy

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:53:58 »
could go for one, if the price is right
Proud owner of a Filco TKL with Blues, Noppoo Choc Pro with Blues, Leopold 104 with Browns and a CoolerMaster QF with reds

Sc2 stats

Offline mark0331

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:57:45 »
Interested in a 104 set.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 20:57:55 »
The price may drop if it reaches 500 sets.  We are currently standing around 300+.  It will probably just drop to around $50, but this is not guaranteed.  It is just an assumption.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 21:09:59 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;557619
I thought about that when I was writing my post so please don't push too far because a unique layout like mine exists, we don't need a R4 here. I will get the set as it is right now, don't worry as the spacebar can't be done by SP for me it doesn't make sense to have all compatible keycaps but the spacebar, I'm too perfectionist when it comes to aesthetics in keyboards and would never use it with an unmatching spacebar.

Dismiss the idea because it doesn't make sense at all. I knew what would happen when I bought that keyboard and knew that my only choice was KBC 108 sets :party:

Anyway I would gladly buy ISO set too help the cause.

I forgot yo say that your work is simple amazing :whoo:

Do you mind if I post the info and Layout picture in a spanish forum to recruit buyers?

I WANT to make it possible for everyone, since we have so many orders a larger amount of people would be interested in these keys. I have learned from R4 and definitely wouldn't forcefully do it. But it won't stop me from trying.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 21:39:30 »
I'm in for a 104  key set with roman ten-key like the cool number row keys.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 21:50:24 »
When will the order thread go up?  Are you going to go old school with private messaging for ordering, or will you use Google Forms like hashbaz has done with his moogle kit group buy?

Offline Thisbe

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 22:00:39 »
Hello GH, this is my first post and please count me in for one set :smile:

Offline keevo

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 22:01:25 »
Quote from: litster;557769
When will the order thread go up?  Are you going to go old school with private messaging for ordering, or will you use Google Forms like hashbaz has done with his moogle kit group buy?

Right now, we're waiting to check the Diablo 3 developing process.  We want to make it the best possible by perfection.  

PM'ing will be too difficult.  I do not know how ClickClack handles it, but I'm going to say that guy is amazing for doing it through PMs.  The google form will be the best way.  The form is ready, but will wait awhile to post the link.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 22:03:53 »
Quote from: litster;557769

Right now, we're waiting to check the Diablo 3 developing process.  We want to make it the best possible by perfection.  

PM'ing will be too difficult.  I do not know how ClickClack handles it, but I'm going to say that guy is amazing for doing it through PMs.  The google form will be the best way.  The form is ready, but will wait awhile to post the link.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:29:28 »
I gathered some interest from Singapore. Looking at about 5 sets now.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline ntdung_89

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:41:17 »
Do you have Red on White? My key is white so if i use dark grey caps it's ugly :(.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:45:43 »
Quote from: ntdung_89;557836
Do you have Red on White? My key is white so if i use dark grey caps it's ugly :(.

We will be only doing the set in the colors we posted. Replace all your keys with this set, the white case would still look very nice. Or better yet, get a black keyboard too!

As always: Welcome to GeekHack. Your money now belongs to us.

Offline ntdung_89

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:48:39 »
Thank you for fast reply. I have another question, my keyboard is choc mini (84 key) so could i use your 104 set without any problem ?
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:52:11 by ntdung_89 »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:50:32 »
Quote from: ntdung_89;557836

Dark keys on a white keyboard look awesome, actually (though this is a lousy picture):

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 45894[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:53:34 by hashbaz »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:51:05 »
Quote from: ntdung_89;557844
Thank you for fast reply. I have another question, my keyboard is choc mini (84 key) so could i use your 87 set without any problem ?

you'll need a special right shift, not sure the unit size tho
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 23:55:15 »
I'm pondering with sherryton about the 1.75x right shift.

So far with the current keys you can cover most of the keys. The ones that will be weird are the 3 top right keys (they will either have wrong legends/profile) and the pgup and pgdwn keys down the side. Depending on your tolerance for wrong profiles you should be ok apart from the 1.75x shift. I'm discussing the possibility of adding it somehow.

Offline ntdung_89

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 00:04:06 »
Thank you. You're awesome.

Please send me a message via forum account when we start order. I would buy 2 set XD.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:36:54 by ntdung_89 »

Offline Josh Nath

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 00:13:19 »
I'm in for one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leopold FC200RT

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 00:33:56 »
Just out of curiosity, any chance for other designs on keys?

Offline Wraul

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 00:52:16 »
Quote from: hazeluff;557732
I WANT to make it possible for everyone, since we have so many orders a larger amount of people would be interested in these keys. I have learned from R4 and definitely wouldn't forcefully do it. But it won't stop me from trying.

That's awesome. I also have one of those Japanese Filcos. Would love to have some keys to put on it.
I would also like to show my interest in ISO keys.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 01:08:14 »
Quote from: Wraul;557892
That's awesome. I also have one of those Japanese Filcos. Would love to have some keys to put on it.
I would also like to show my interest in ISO keys.

Progress so far is we can accommodate a lot, but Choc mini users will just have to whine about the missing few keys for the top right corner.

Offline Deepfish

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 01:46:29 »
I'm in for one set. The upcoming Pure keyboard has a 1.75 right shift I believe, it would be great to have it included in this set.

Offline litster

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:00:32 »
Quote from: ntdung_89;557855
Please send me a message via forum account or my email: thai.luongbinh@gmail.com when we start order. I would buy 2 set XD.

Quote from: captain;556948
I'm in for at least one set.  PM me when it's time.

Really?  Since when group buy organizers email and PM people to tell them a group buy is ready for order?  

Sure, I will email you and PM you.  No need to check back to this thread, you busy people.  Your time is so much more important than others'.

Oh, BTW, your email address has been harvested by spammers.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:12:03 »
:rofl:

Offline Tarkoon

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:13:42 »
Nice, but the t of Alt sucks!!!

Offline litster

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:14:10 »
So, this will be the second red on black keycap set, after Ragnorock's.  Next time we need a black on red set.  Hum, would it be possible to make add-on kits with black on red mods (and F5-F8, etc)?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:19:23 »
this is red on dark grey, no?

Offline litster

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:21:15 »
Quote from: demik;557925
this is red on dark grey, no?

Oh right.  I missed that.  My bad.  Dark grey, black.  The contrast!  :-)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:25:09 »
I do agree with a black on red or even white on red for a future set!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:26:29 »
Quote from: ntdung_89;557855
Thank you. You're awesome.

Please send me a message via forum account or my email: thai.luongbinh@gmail.com when we start order. I would buy 2 set XD.

Sorry, chances are you probably will miss this.  As much as I want to get everyone on this wagon, we need you to fill out the form.

Offline litster

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:29:50 »
Quote from: sherryton;557932
Sorry, chances are you probably will miss this.  As much as I want to get everyone on this wagon, we need you to fill out the form.

Don't worry, I will PM them to let them know.  After the group is closed.  My notification service is free.

Offline ntdung_89

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:32:41 »
Quote from: hazeluff;557896
Progress so far is we can accommodate a lot, but Choc mini users will just have to whine about the missing few keys for the top right corner.

Would you mind to specific more details please. I don' get it. Thanks.

Sorry, chances are you probably will miss this. As much as I want to get everyone on this wagon, we need you to fill out the form.

What form ?