geekhack Community > Input Devices

Check out my new Alps toy

<< < (5/6) > >>

iMav:
The problem with this:

and even this:

...is the fact that they are two-fingered pointing devices.  Notice that the original Trackman Marble and Trackman Marble Wheel are three-fingered devices (not counting the thumb, of course).

I right click with my ring finger, middle click (and scroll wheel) with my middle finger, and left click with my pointer finger.

iMav:

--- Quote from: bhtooefr;12546 ---But that's just a TP2, IIRC. ;)

TP3 added the negative inertia feature that makes the tracking more accurate, and TP4 added a third button. :)
--- End quote ---

Well, you take what you can get.  It's not perfect (love the 3-button trackpoints), but still is "mighty" fine.

zwmalone:
The MS Trackball Optical is a four button mouse, so I really don't miss a middle-click.  The MS Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 (1000 DPI!!!) that I'm using now is five button + a scroll wheel, which I enjoy more than a middle click.

iMav:

--- Quote from: zwmalone;12606 ---The MS Trackball Optical is a four button mouse, so I really don't miss a middle-click.  The MS Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 (1000 DPI!!!) that I'm using now is five button + a scroll wheel, which I enjoy more than a middle click.
--- End quote ---

It's not the functionality of the middle click (which both those above-references trackballs have), it's the ergonomics of my finger placement.

D-EJ915:

--- Quote from: iMav;12620 ---It's not the functionality of the middle click (which both those above-references trackballs have), it's the ergonomics of my finger placement.
--- End quote ---
yep, Logitech really knew what they were doing back in the day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version