Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474184 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB
« Reply #2200 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:11:20 »
Went through and sorted all the keys to ensure that none were missing and I'm happy to report that none were. Perfect group buy Elton, thank you!

Fun fun, I took a crack at making a Handerbeit replica:

Show Image

Well done sir, very well done indeed!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2201 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:45:53 »
International is by surface (freight). For airmail, it'd have been double that price. :|

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #2202 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:50:08 »
International is by surface (freight). For airmail, it'd have been double that price. :|

I thought it would probably be freight, just wanted to check. No point in paying double for a few days/weeks faster delivery  :)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #2203 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:56:58 »
I'm surprised that no one has done a rainbow wave yet. :P

Waiting for your pictures of that rainbow wave ;)

lol noooo my g/f already took 2 of my sets I no longer have the power of rainbow.  I'm counting on the rest of you guys now.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2204 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:00:40 »
I got both of my sets, thank you Elton sir! Didn't take out the yellow yet.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2205 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 13:13:57 »
I got both of my sets, thank you Elton sir! Didn't take out the yellow yet.

Show Image

A nice assortment of keycaps you have there :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #2206 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 20:37:28 »
My set came in. Looks great! I love how radiant the colors came out. Slightly regretting not ordering all of the colors. Especially the green.

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #2207 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 20:42:57 »
My two creations:
First two with Tai Hao, thinking of adding some TH color to my third one.

Offline legodt

« Reply #2208 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 21:45:56 »
Just got mine. These red caps are absolutely gorgeous.

Huge grats to Elton, this **** is off the hook.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2209 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 23:42:30 »
still waiting on mine, wonder if i should be worried the mail lost it lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2210 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 23:50:14 »

I'm still waiting on mine, but there again I expect to continue waiting for another couple of weeks.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #2211 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:55:13 »

I'm still waiting on mine, but there again I expect to continue waiting for another couple of weeks.

Too bad there is no tracking number available, I expect to wait for another couple of weeks as well :(
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline meeekus

« Reply #2212 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:26:20 »
Just got mine in California. Was from the last batch he sent.

Offline Bencze

« Reply #2213 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 11:06:55 »
Europe as well, still waiting for the canoe to reach the UK or the grunt to run with it from there to Hungary.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2214 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 11:15:03 »

i was just making comment as mine was marked shipped i think oct 28th.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2215 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:12:02 »
Europe as well, still waiting for the canoe to reach the UK or the grunt to run with it from there to Hungary.

Canoe?  You're lucky!

Sometimes I wonder whether stuff is carried to Australia by a couple of blokes that took a wrong turn during the milk carton regatta ;)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2216 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:11:35 »

Yours was shipped on Nov 1st.  Surprised you haven't received yours yet since you're in NY and people in Cali received theirs before you from the last batch on Nov 7.. :O

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2217 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:14:40 »

Yours was shipped on Nov 1st.  Surprised you haven't received yours yet since you're in NY and people in Cali received theirs before you from the last batch on Nov 7.. :O

yeah...*worries*

Offline babychoy

« Reply #2218 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:27:47 »
According to tracking, mine seems stuck in an international mail sorting facility in Chicago. It's been there since Nov 9th; it's supposed to head for New York. They're over 50 sets, therefore, the possibility of the box not being noticed is far out. I've read stories about missing or lost mail/packages as they land in the Chicago ISC though there have been positive ones, as well. I hope it's a case of their tracking system not being updated and that the caps are actually on the road to its final destination.

Offline Artichoke

« Reply #2219 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 23:06:28 »
My two creations:

That first picture is making me kind of want to buy some red on white vortex caps now. How well does the profile match on those?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2220 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:37:56 »
My two creations:

That first picture is making me kind of want to buy some red on white vortex caps now. How well does the profile match on those?

They are both OEM profile, so they should match up.

Offline peterjschroeder

« Reply #2221 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:39:23 »
Finally recieved mine, although I don't really like the yellow keys. If anyone wants to purchase them, I'd sell them for what I paid plus shipping.

Note: My camera sucks.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2222 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:10:41 »
Received mine today! All the greens measure out well and look great! Despite the low price this is a very nice set of doubleshots. I'll be dremelling the spacebars later.

Wish I'd have got blue as well, but very very happy with the quality and colour of the sets I do have. (Red, green, black)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2223 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:35:15 »
At the price, I'm slightly (only slightly) surprised that people didn't get at least one of each colour.

Offline mapple

« Reply #2224 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 01:06:44 »
any1 from australia/new zeland/ europe got it? cause i know that guys in asia had local pick up, canada same and us post was fast?
In God We Trust

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2225 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 01:10:37 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2013, 19:21:30 by kenmai9 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2226 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 03:20:13 »
any1 from australia/new zeland/ europe got it? cause i know that guys in asia had local pick up, canada same and us post was fast?

Nothing for me yet.

Offline mkaito

« Reply #2227 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 23:37:59 »

Europe reporting. No package here yet.

Offline madderoftime

« Reply #2228 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 23:58:34 »
Got mine Elton. Didn't count them all out or put on a card yet. Will do so in the next day or so here and report just in case you are tracking. :) TYVM
GH60 Nevermore

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2229 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 00:00:02 »
Internationals will probably take at least 3 weeks.  It's only been a little over a week now.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2230 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 00:07:04 »
Internationals will probably take at least 3 weeks.  It's only been a little over a week now.

I am having patience.

Offline mkaito

« Reply #2231 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 11:49:30 »

I wasn't expecting things to arrive yet. Just answering that guy's question up there  :)

Offline idunnosoSTFU

« Reply #2232 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 10:45:09 »
At the price, I'm slightly (only slightly) surprised that people didn't get at least one of each colour.

Exactly!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2233 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:16:13 »
Still haven't picked mine up yet... the laziness...
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2234 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:18:30 »
Still haven't received mine yet ... the postal system ...

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2235 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 05:30:34 »

We're in the same boat.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2236 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 12:55:36 »

We're in the same boat.

Never really though of Australia as a boat :))

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #2237 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 09:28:23 »
I'm still waiting for my sets too guys, so Poland is not much better than Australia in this regard. And no we're definitely not a boat, sea only on one side :)
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #2238 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 09:58:57 »
(Probably) the same regarding the German ordersm still nothing :-(
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #2239 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:01:05 »
Keycaps are a tad bit tight on my clear's

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline dante

« Reply #2240 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 23:08:54 »

Isn't this more to do with the clear switch than keycaps themselves?  I've heard of this complaint with other keycap types as well.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2241 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 23:15:18 »

Isn't this more to do with the clear switch than keycaps themselves?  I've heard of this complaint with other keycap types as well.

I've put almost every set I got on my keyboards and all of them feel tighter than usual. To be honest though....I kind of like them that way. Mays the blues feel better.

Offline xpistalpetex

« Reply #2242 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 01:52:35 »
on my QFR the stock caps are looser then tai hao since i can pull the arrow keys with my fingers and the tai hao is on there.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 06:00:23 »
C'mon guys - tight is better than loose... Unless you're a girl :D
As for keycaps, that was one of turn off from SP DSA's I've got recently, stabilizers were not holding them tight and it was just crappy experience to use them - I had to put bits of paper to keep them tight, then ended up breaking a white stab under one of my shifts when removing it. Not cool...
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 16:34:15 »
Got mine today.  :)

Unfortunately I am not as impressed as I was hoping to be.  Don't get me wrong, the colors are awesome, but there is more variance in the thickness of the keycap walls than I would like.

Edit: After further inspection, it is not as bad as I thought.  They are not all perfectly uniform, but once they are on a keyboard I doubt I will notice...

Here is a potato...
46135-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2013, 17:02:58 by swill »

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #2245 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 17:19:04 »
Got mine today.  :)

Unfortunately I am not as impressed as I was hoping to be.  Don't get me wrong, the colors are awesome, but there is more variance in the thickness of the keycap walls than I would like.

But, for the price, I'd say the quality is there.

I mean, if you want really nicely made keycaps, you can get some GMK, but it'll cost you.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2246 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 17:19:18 »
Is there a correlation between the difference in thickness of the caps and the feel when it's being typed on?

The space bars however I have a problem with. It's too thin and there are no support on the underside like they have on the 7x. You can easily bend them with a slight touch. I'm afraid they will break during shipping...that's why I'm trying to pack these in a single file in the bubble envelopes.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2247 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 19:28:24 »
I agree that for the price, you can't get better keycaps than this...

Here are some better quality pictures of all of the sets:
46140-0 46142-1 46144-2 46146-3 46148-4
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2013, 19:46:48 by swill »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2248 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 19:48:19 »
Is there a correlation between the difference in thickness of the caps and the feel when it's being typed on?

The space bars however I have a problem with. It's too thin and there are no support on the underside like they have on the 7x. You can easily bend them with a slight touch. I'm afraid they will break during shipping...that's why I'm trying to pack these in a single file in the bubble envelopes.

I am used to typing on thick pbt keycaps, so I am spoiled.  Yes, I feel that there is a difference when typing on high quality thick keycaps.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #2249 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 23:20:10 »
Here are some better quality pictures of all of the sets:

Whoah, how did you get "normal" spacebars! All mine have the crazy alps stab inserts.