Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474212 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Tai Hao 104 Coloured DS Key Caps Set Group Buy - $8/set
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 15:06:15 »
Seems like this group buy has slowed down.  How much time left till we hit the 1 month mark?

Do we have to do operation "Everyone-Double-Your-Order" soon?  :P

I thought some people said that the people from keypop or whatever would probably bump us up to the MOQ near the end, as they would turn around and sell them to people who missed the GB.  I could be mistaken.
Elton would have to confirm, but I would definitely believe that even a small business would want to turn these around for a quick buck, given the cost.  If I didn't know the GB rate, I would buy one of these sets on eBay at $40 in a heartbeat.

They're gonna have to stay price-competitive, though, considering there's gonna be a large number of people with 2-3 keyboards and 6-7 sets that are going to have plenty of inverse color schemes to trade / get rid of.

The biggest problem with ideas like this is the lack of 6.25x space bars, which somewhat limits the target audience for a reseller.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #551 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 15:27:38 »
Seems like this group buy has slowed down.  How much time left till we hit the 1 month mark?

I thought some people said that the people from keypop or whatever would probably bump us up to the MOQ near the end, as they would turn around and sell them to people who missed the GB.  I could be mistaken.
Elton would have to confirm, but I would definitely believe that even a small business would want to turn these around for a quick buck, given the cost.  If I didn't know the GB rate, I would buy one of these sets on eBay at $40 in a heartbeat.

They're gonna have to stay price-competitive, though, considering there's gonna be a large number of people with 2-3 keyboards and 6-7 sets that are going to have plenty of inverse color schemes to trade / get rid of.

The numbers you see are the numbers with our order included.
10% of the order numbers are from us.
We might increase our order soon but we'd like to wait out until the price finalizes $8 vs $9, spacebar options, etc.

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #552 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 15:59:27 »
The biggest problem with ideas like this this GB is the lack of 6.25x space bars. , which somewhat limits the target audience for a reseller.
Yep.  Supplementing with aftermarket White 6.25 space bars could be a pretty reasonable solution, given the match to the legends and the bright tones.  I plan on ordering a couple White & a few Black 6.25 units from WASD for my own sets.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 07:46:29 by raspiguy »

Offline Exoverture

« Reply #553 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 19:42:50 »
About to submit an order, but what is the profile for these keycaps?

Like the SP doubleshots were? shorter? or like the Filco stock keys?

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 21:06:40 »
They're closer to OEM profile (Filco Stock Keys).  But yeah it kinda sucks with the situation with the spacebar, otherwise would've been perfect  :(

Though like people said, WASD Keyboard will be the best choice for profile match and SP will best for colour match.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline genericsauce

« Reply #555 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 21:58:48 »
Think you can add 1x Green to my order thanks.

Offline muad

« Reply #556 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:29:06 »
Hey guys,

I started a thread to drum up some interest over on Reddit. You guys wanna upvote it give it some publicity? I really want this GB to go through...

http://redd.it/1g62dh

thanks
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2013, 22:31:04 by muad »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #557 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 01:04:01 »
Think you can add 1x Green to my order thanks.

Done

Hey guys,

I started a thread to drum up some interest over on Reddit. You guys wanna upvote it give it some publicity? I really want this GB to go through...

http://redd.it/1g62dh

thanks

Thanks. I noticed in your order you only put down your street name and number..I need your full address. Please PM me it

Example:
3647 Greenspace Street
Toronto(city), Ontario(state/province)
H3L 7H7 (postal code/zip code)
Canada (country)

Or whatever format your country usually does it
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 01:11:21 by elton5354 »

Offline tgujay

« Reply #558 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 08:09:37 »

We might increase our order soon but we'd like to wait out until the price finalizes $8 vs $9, spacebar options, etc.

Didn't mean to call you out, sorry if I put you on the spot :/
Gotta collect them all

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:55:17 »

Didn't mean to call you out, sorry if I put you on the spot :/
No worries! We didn't take any offense to your message. :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 10:57:16 »
Gogo RED!

Offline tgujay

« Reply #561 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:20:33 »
Gogo RED!

Go all of them, but Red has really made a dash recently.  I still want 2 sets of each.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:30:54 »
Gogo RED!

Go all of them, but Red has really made a dash recently.  I still want 2 sets of each.

Two sets of each sounds like the right way to go.  If I submit a new order, does that just over-write my earlier order, or is it tracked as a new order? 

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:32:23 »
I can't remember which non-black color I didn't get. Could you add that as a 4th set for me?
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #564 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:33:21 »
It'll be a new order and I'll have to delete your previous order manually.  You can PM me the change or post here.

Or submit a new order and leave a comment that this is your new order

I can't remember which non-black color I didn't get. Could you add that as a 4th set for me?

It's red. I'll add that to your order.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:35:38 by elton5354 »

Offline tgujay

« Reply #565 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:36:06 »

Why the hate for Blacks?  Haven't they suffered enough?
Gotta collect them all

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #566 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 13:40:43 »

Why the hate for Blacks?  Haven't they suffered enough?

I'm sorry - I meant which non African American set I ordered.
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #567 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 14:48:11 »
@Elton -- Are the pics in the OP ones you took yourself?  And if not, did you ever get samples / your own sets of each of these? 

Offline elton5354

« Reply #568 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 15:08:10 »
@Elton -- Are the pics in the OP ones you took yourself?  And if not, did you ever get samples / your own sets of each of these? 

They're pictures Tai Hao took for me.  They're sending me sample of each colour.  I don't think they're sending me a whole set..

Offline AcidFire

• Axios - The Open Source Modular Ergonomic Keyboard
« Reply #569 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 18:31:18 »
This is fantastic, I was just digging around looking for DSA in blue. Also, unless it's already decided, count me in for the $1 extra for the extra keys please!

Offline genericsauce

« Reply #570 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 22:54:31 »
You know what add 1x red and 2x Black to my order, that should be 6 sets right?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 01:20:26 »
Not sure, but I'll add them to your order tomorrow. Going to wake up in 2.5 hours to go fishing all day. I'll update the orders when I get home on the computer. I can't use "find" on my google drive on mobile, so it's hard to search a name through 280ish people.

Oh here is the fishing gears I ordered and arrived earlier today :P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 02:01:53 »
Not sure, but I'll add them to your order tomorrow. Going to wake up in 2.5 hours to go fishing all day. I'll update the orders when I get home on the computer. I can't use "find" on my google drive on mobile, so it's hard to search a name through 280ish people.

Oh here is the fishing gears I ordered and arrived earlier today :P

Show Image

I'm expecting a nice fishing tale once you're back! Good luck!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 04:02:13 »
I hope this GB won't be the one that got away.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 05:52:29 »
Is there any chance those caps are also available as blanks? I'd revise my order then and order both versions, and I'd even pay extra for the blanks  :rolleyes:
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline tgujay

« Reply #575 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:27:19 »
Is there any chance those caps are also available as blanks? I'd revise my order then and order both versions, and I'd even pay extra for the blanks  :rolleyes:

Wat.
Gotta collect them all

Offline heissler

« Reply #576 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:35:52 »
I tried to express my excitement towards those keycaps as a blank version, e.g. not double shots, but in the same color, since it looks appealing to me, plus the price would allow me stock a lot of them without hurting my wallet like crazy.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:40:36 »
I tried to express my excitement towards those keycaps as a blank version, e.g. not double shots, but in the same color, since it looks appealing to me, plus the price would allow me stock a lot of them without hurting my wallet like crazy.

We already have 5 varieties we have to reach 500 MOQ for, adding more variants is the last thing we need at this point.
Gotta collect them all

Offline heissler

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 07:48:40 »
This is why I was asking if there was any chance they might get produced in the first place.

Offline TD22057

« Reply #579 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 10:39:34 »
It would be interesting to see a plot of the number of orders for each color vs time to see if things are progressing or slowing down.  I'm still hopeful that black and blue are going to make it...

Offline BobThompkins

« Reply #580 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 14:20:35 »
Just put in an order for 1 red, 1 black, 1 green.
My first group buy, oh my!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #581 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 19:36:47 »
I sure hope so that even the colors that wont reach MOQ they will be willing to produce them at slight price increase, wonder if the x7 space bar has the same placement for stabs as the Cherry one, if that's the case I will build the Trix with center stemmed capslock and 1.5-1-1.5, this way I can take advantage of all the sets from this GB. That's why we need the extra 1.5 , 1  modifiers especially since they are only at $1 extra cost.... $1 more in this GB takes you long ways!!!

ORDER COUNTER: 1749 sets total
•Red - 456
•Blue - 409
•Green - 298
•Yellow - 301
•Black - 285
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:01:05 »
The lack of a 6.25x space bar probably kills the GB for a lot of people.

Can KeyPop comment on what they are going to do with the sets?  Sell for 7x space bar keyboard only?  Or source 6.25x space bars somewhere?  I understand if you don't want to answer this :)

What about asking SP (or WASD) for a GB on space bars to match?  Even if it adds another $1 to each set, it might attract enough extra people to make up the numbers.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #583 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:07:34 »

Can KeyPop comment on what they are going to do with the sets?  Sell for 7x space bar keyboard only?  Or source 6.25x space bars somewhere?  I understand if you don't want to answer this :)

What about asking SP (or WASD) for a GB on space bars to match?  Even if it adds another $1 to each set, it might attract enough extra people to make up the numbers.

either him or someone else is planning to do the space bar GB trough SP, WASD don't have the matching color.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #584 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:24:44 »

either him or someone else is planning to do the space bar GB trough SP, WASD don't have the matching color.

But the SP space bar is a different profile?

So WASD = same profile but different colour, SP = same (similar?) colour but different profile.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #585 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 21:26:21 »
I would rather take color match over different height and sloap

Offline Hyde

« Reply #586 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 22:39:24 »
I'm guessing keypop will sell it as 37 key set (only alphas).  Unless someone will start a group buy on spacebar later.

Though I guess we can wait till Elton gets the same set to make the verdict.  :P

EDIT:  I meant sample set, somehow I typed "same" lol fail.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:42:16 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline elton5354

« Reply #587 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:10:50 »
What set am I getting? I'm only getting sample of each colour.

I hope they're sending me whole sets though haha...

Offline Topre

« Reply #588 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:26:19 »
Is there any chance of getting these keycaps with red/green/yellow printed on white? It would be much easier to match using a white spacebar. I'm sure a good amount of people will also order at least one color printed one white just for the spacebar itself.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #589 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 00:43:08 »
lol yeah my bad I meant sample set.  Also no there isn't other colour options I've asked them before.  :(

Offline elton5354

« Reply #590 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 02:10:07 »
You know what add 1x red and 2x Black to my order, that should be 6 sets right?

Yup, that's 6 sets after your order update.

Offline xpistalpetex

« Reply #591 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 00:01:15 »
nooo yellow is behind green, come on yellow!

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #592 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 00:20:59 »
Sorry if I missed it, but is anyone in us by chance having tons of sets shipped to them? It's okay if not, because I can order through someone in particular, but I was still curious. Thanks :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #593 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 00:50:29 »
nooo yellow is behind green, come on yellow!

Well done, that man!  Come on yellows!!1!!111

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #594 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 00:54:12 »
If there's anyone in the U.S. who wants to order some, but is scared off by shipping costs, I can add three or four to my order.  We can then split the shipping based on the number you order (assuming 7, it would be ~$2.50 per set, assuming 6, it would be $3 a set) and reshipping cost should be ~$2.50 (probably a little less) for one set in a bubble mailer or small box via USPS First Class. 

So, shipping cost should be $5-6 for a set and $7.50-8 for two.  If you're intested, shoot me off a PM and I'll add some to my order.  More established users and people with great heatware can do it on credit, but I'd prefer others to send me the money when invoicing takes place so I'm not paying for your caps out of pocket.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 June 2013, 00:56:25 by nubbinator »

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #595 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:09:34 »
If only we could get someone in U.S. to distribute U.S. orders since most people are ordering more than 2 sets which should make shipping much cheaper.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #596 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 01:21:25 »
If only we could get someone in U.S. to distribute U.S. orders since most people are ordering more than 2 sets which should make shipping much cheaper.

If we can get some shipping estimate for larger orders, I'd consider doing reshipping to 50 or so people in the U.S.  I don't imagine it would get all that much cheaper than the rates I mentioned though.

Offline keybob

« Reply #597 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 20:38:30 »
Hi!

Can I use these in Ducky 2108 Zero?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #598 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 21:14:59 »
Hi!

Can I use these in Ducky 2108 Zero?

Yep.  All but the spacebar.