Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474219 times)

Offline xpistalpetex

Re: Tai Hao 104 Coloured DS Key Caps Set Group Buy - $9/set
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 04:41:17 »
To show my support for yellow, please add two (2) more yellow sets to my order :)

Thank you.

go team yellow

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #701 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 04:49:54 »
To show my support for yellow, please add two (2) more yellow sets to my order :)

Thank you.

go team yellow

:)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 06:01:43 »

Thank you.

go team yellow

Go yellow!! I ordered through someone else, but there's a yellow in my order :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 06:09:39 »

Thank you.

go team yellow

Go yellow!! I ordered through someone else, but there's a yellow in my order :)

Thank you :D

All we need now is another 170 or so orders for yellow to meet MOQ sign.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

« Reply #704 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 10:55:15 »

Thank you.
Can you change my order to:
Red x 2
Blue x 2
Black x 1
Yellow x 1
Green x 1

Let's hit those minimum buys!

Done! :D

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #705 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 16:27:14 »
I'd like to withdraw all my orders, thanks very much!
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline elton5354

« Reply #706 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 20:38:59 »
Someone asked whether the bottom mods can be used vertically on ergo dox. Does anyone know?

Edit: I meant the 2.0x mods (backspace)
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2013, 20:43:03 by elton5354 »

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #707 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:48:30 »
I've been lurking geek hack for a while but I finally registered to get in on this group buy.

Now hopefully I can buy someones spare GH60 PCB once they start rolling out :)
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline elton5354

« Reply #708 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 23:29:34 »
I've been lurking geek hack for a while but I finally registered to get in on this group buy.

Glad to have you in! :D

I have 4 GH60 PCB and plates.  I may get rid of one..probably the Pure plate with the PCB together

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #709 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 00:56:49 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Hope you ordered some yellow ;)

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 00:57:28 »
Come on, guys, let's step up these orders. It's nine freaking dollars a set. Isn't that just about the same price as the venti super macchiado latte cappuccino you buy at your favorite overpriced coffee joint every morning? Buy a bunch of sets--think of the customization possibilities for your current and future keyboards. And do not forget to go back and order that set of black that you neglected to order your first time through. You may think you can mix and match another color in with your existing black keys, but think about the font mismatches, people... Think. About. The. Fonts!

So many possibilities! And using the keyboard color chooser, I couldn't even make the Esc or arrow keys a different color.

ORDER MOAR DS KEYS TODAY!

26196-0
26198-1

Cheeseheads, show your team spirit!  :p
26200-2

Offline ___q

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:26:42 »
Come on, guys, let's step up these orders. It's nine freaking dollars a set. Isn't that just about the same price as the venti super macchiado latte cappuccino you buy at your favorite overpriced coffee joint every morning? Buy a bunch of sets--think of the customization possibilities for your current and future keyboards. And do not forget to go back and order that set of black that you neglected to order your first time through. You may think you can mix and match another color in with your existing black keys, but think about the font mismatches, people... Think. About. The. Fonts!

So many possibilities! And using the keyboard color chooser, I couldn't even make the Esc or arrow keys a different color.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Haha, he convinced me.

Can you add a black set to my order? (I _think_ that makes it one of each, but I honestly forget)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:29:45 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Excellent!

And a green and red combination for that special Christmas look ;)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:42:10 »
Yeah those mockups look awesome. They should be copied to the OP to attract new buyers.

But it must be made clear again that these sets won't come with blank 1.25 modifiers and a 6.25 spacebar.

EDIT:

yeah you guys are right ofc :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:56:19 by LechnerDE »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #714 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:52:20 »
Yeah those mockups look awesome. They should be copied to the OP to attract new buyers.

But it must be made clear again that these sets won't come with 1.25 modifiers and a 6.25 spacebar.

They do have 1.25x modifiers - blank, according to the OP.

But yes, they have a 7x space bar.

Offline ___q

« Reply #715 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:52:58 »

But it must be made clear again that these sets won't come with 1.25 modifiers and a 6.25 spacebar.

Clearly people just need to buy some winkeyless korean boards to use their $9 keycaps on.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 03:06:49 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Hope you ordered some yellow ;)

Hey Thanks! And yeah I got one of each set :D
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline smokescreen

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 07:52:29 »
Could you please add a black set to my order kind sir?

Regards,

Jon

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 10:27:08 »

Santa Claus is coming to town!  :p

26207-0

Someone asked me how I generated these mockups. I used the online keyboard color chooser: http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/. I found this link in the OP of the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0.

Also, it's a great point to mention that these mockups are not 100% accurate since we aren't getting the correct sized space bar. But it's mostly right.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #719 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 11:00:15 »
Could you please add a black set to my order kind sir?

Regards,

Jon

No problem!

Santa Claus is coming to town!  :p

(Attachment Link)

Someone asked me how I generated these mockups. I used the online keyboard color chooser: http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/. I found this link in the OP of the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0.

Also, it's a great point to mention that these mockups are not 100% accurate since we aren't getting the correct sized space bar. But it's mostly right.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Haha, he convinced me.

Can you add a black set to my order? (I _think_ that makes it one of each, but I honestly forget)

Done!

Thanks for the mock ups techno! I appreciate everybody's help :D

EDIT: Also updated 2nd post with the mock ups :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 11:10:52 by elton5354 »

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #720 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 11:43:59 »
Keycap configuration pictures ---->
More

« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 11:55:59 by Thechemist »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #721 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:14:02 »
(Attachment Link)

GO PACK GO!

But yes, I'm looking forward to that one.  :D

Offline elton5354

« Reply #722 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 14:46:43 »
Keycap configuration pictures ---->
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks! Adding to first page

Offline BobThompkins

« Reply #723 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 23:57:17 »
Hey Elton, can you switch my green set for a yellow set? Thanks!

It's a really nice yellow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 00:08:28 »

Excellent!

:) :blank: :)

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 00:33:26 »

Why not get both? It's only 9 bucks. I need to encourage the purchase of all colors equally, so I can get my full order!

Offline Topre

« Reply #726 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 03:12:11 »

Why not get both? It's only 9 bucks. I need to encourage the purchase of all colors equally, so I can get my full order!

It's probably because the green looks really cheap. You can see the stem and everything on the green keycaps.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 07:32:21 »
Where can I buy a cheap abs white blank alpha / base set? I think it would compliment these keycaps.

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 08:08:35 »
Where can I buy a cheap abs white blank alpha / base set?

WASD has some on eBay for only $19.99.  (Television has conditioned me to not be able to say that price without the prefix of 'only'.)  They'll match in material and profile to these.

Forgot the link
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2013, 08:11:31 by salmo »

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 08:30:09 »

WASD has some on eBay for only $19.99.  (Television has conditioned me to not be able to say that price without the prefix of 'only'.)  They'll match in material and profile to these.

Forgot the link

I have seen those but i would be missing lots of r4 1x1's and the 87 set on ebay is $40

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #730 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 15:11:37 »
Where can I buy a cheap abs white blank alpha / base set? I think it would compliment these keycaps.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those mockups look sweet!

People are starting to get creative, and the GB is still running :)

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #731 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 17:05:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those mockups look sweet!

People are starting to get creative, and the GB is still running :)

I have many more but i would like to keep some for myself.  :p Hopefully all of these picturers will entice others to purchase sets they never thought of buying in the first place and new buyers to buy one of each.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 17:07:26 »

Forgot the link

But will the profiles match up between the two different sets of keycaps?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 17:15:58 »

Forgot the link

But will the profiles match up between the two different sets of keycaps?

Apparently yes, as someone said earlier, but the colours will be different.

Or you can go SP which will have a (much) closer match for the colour, but the profile will be different.

Offline eviltobz

« Reply #734 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 05:39:15 »
Would it be correct to assume that this is only for a standard U.S. qwerty layout, hence not much use to someone who wants colemak letters and a U.K. number row, and would only be able to find a home for a couple of the other mod keys as it's for an ergodox?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #735 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:33:57 »
Yes, that would probably be correct to assume. Unless the usable mod keys can't be sourced for any better price anywhere else.

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #736 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:04:38 »
Would it be correct to assume that this is only for a standard U.S. qwerty layout, hence not much use to someone who wants colemak letters and a U.K. number row, and would only be able to find a home for a couple of the other mod keys as it's for an ergodox?

Worth noting that with the extra included keys (now the price was changed to $9 to incorporate more keys), the two bottom rows will be fine on an ISO layout (as far as I'm aware?). Only things we'll be missing are #~ and proper legends for 2, 3 and @.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #737 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:16:21 »
@ Elton

Looking at the real life pics you posted of the greens they look kinda "cheap" (not fully green, seems like white shines trough)

The other colors look better in that regard  (at least on the pics). Can you confirm this?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #738 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:34:26 »
Yes, the green looks a bit "washed out".  Looks like the top part is very thin and is showing small spots of the white shots underneath.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #739 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:17:44 »
The white legend on yellow looks quite readable in that picture.

The RGB are all nice dark colours too :)

Offline actionbastard

« Reply #740 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:21:07 »
I think blue is going to be my favorite  :D
XArmor U9BL-S | Ducky DK9008G2 PRO | ErgoDox (soon)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #741 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:42:27 »
Green shows a little but its not bad at all, still looking good!
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #742 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 18:48:38 »
They're aight. I like the blue.

The 1.5s are going to be SP's awful off-profile bottom row, to "match" with OEM profile keycaps, aren't they?
I love Elzy

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #743 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 19:40:36 »
I think the 1.5 and 1 mods with the x7 space bar are made by Tao Hao not SP, at least in this GB
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #744 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:34:44 »
All keys included are made by Tai Hao..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #745 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:35:50 »
OH ssssshhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit awesome
I love Elzy

Offline BobThompkins

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 23:01:27 »

I'd like to order more sets but shipping is the limiting factor here :( Plus, my initial reservation about yellow was the legibility of white-on-yellow, which seems not to be an issue at all.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #747 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 01:23:10 »
Seems like orders have slowed down quite a bit.

Green, Black and Yellow seem to stagnate at ~320 orders. Maybe we should drop one of them by voting.

I have ordered 7 sets. If one color is dropped I'd fill up my order to 7 sets again with one of the "unpopular" colors to help them reach MOQ.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #748 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 01:55:48 »
Blue is nearly there!

Yellow is trailing a bit :(

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #749 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 02:04:14 »
Seems like orders have slowed down quite a bit.

Green, Black and Yellow seem to stagnate at ~320 orders. Maybe we should drop one of them by voting.

I have ordered 7 sets. If one color is dropped I'd fill up my order to 7 sets again with one of the "unpopular" colors to help them reach MOQ.

Before dropping a colour I would perhaps ask Tai Hao if they can reduce the MOQ on the other colours, and let them know we'll do 500 on some colours as it is currently anyway. I reckon we could push for 400 orders on the others, that's still worth it for Tai Hao to manufacture.

EDIT: If that fails, I would also be happy to fill up my order of 7 sets if we drop a colour. Unless it is black which is dropped as I really only want coloured modifiers / highlights with the other colours. If black is dropped I'd have to bail on the whole GB which would be a shame.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2013, 02:11:17 by sonic_the_hedgehog »
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)