Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474176 times)

Offline mkaito

Re: [INVOICING - DEADLINE JULY 31] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB - $9/set
« Reply #1300 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:02:03 »
A gentle little reminder to everyone asking to rush and pay:

I asked to cancel my order because my pay check won't arrive until a few days after the deadline and I didn't think I should make anyone wait for their caps. OP suggested I was making **** up and trying to weasel out via cheap excuses, so I guess everyone's going to have to wait for my bank to process my pay check.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1301 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:05:16 »
Well, you can pay after the deadline.  No need to be dramatic..:)

I will pay Tai Hao regardless of late payments if I get enough orders in on time.  Just that if people don't pay, they don't get the caps! :)

P.S.: Updated the OP with the breakdown.  Check it out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2013, 00:07:48 by elton5354 »

Offline mexilew

« Reply #1302 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 03:01:48 »
paid.

Offline Poom

« Reply #1303 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 03:10:39 »
Elton!! you are awesome!

marry me  :)) :D ;D :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1304 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:17:03 »
Elton!! you are awesome!

Uh, overreaction to a GB?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Poom

« Reply #1305 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:31:13 »
Elton!! you are awesome!

Uh, overreaction to a GB?

nope, thats the least I could do. :-*

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1306 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:34:57 »
IIRC Poom, you are a gorgeous lady, so I'll gladly say yes! :P

Offline Poom

« Reply #1307 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:43:21 »
IIRC Poom, you are a gorgeous lady, so I'll gladly say yes! :P

please dont say yes, just dont, im a dude.  :)) :p

but thanks for accepting, lol ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1308 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:26:13 »
THis is becoming an interesting GB ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Poom

« Reply #1309 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:13:45 »

just think of it as an European way of showing appreciation!  :))

Offline mkaito

« Reply #1310 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 07:35:49 »

I will pay Tai Hao regardless of late payments if I get enough orders in on time.  Just that if people don't pay, they don't get the caps! :)

I'm not being dramatic, and I'm sorry if it came over that way. I just thought I'd put a reminder out there with all the "please pay quickly" thing going on.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1311 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:13:12 »

I'm not being dramatic, and I'm sorry if it came over that way. I just thought I'd put a reminder out there with all the "please pay quickly" thing going on.

I haven't asked anyone to pay quickly, but I think I can comment on it.  We're just excited!  I'm sure no harm is meant, and you're right we all have our own situations where we perhaps cannot pay right away, but please don't take it personally.  I realize that it might seem stressful that people want you to pay quickly and you cannot, but that's not the intent at all.  Again, excitement is in the air!  :)

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #1312 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:47:16 »

just think of it as an European way of showing appreciation!  :))

well... more like French way I would dare say :)
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline iXypher

« Reply #1313 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 14:58:54 »
Paid :)

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1314 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 15:06:43 »
Not to scare you... but elton this group buy is for 283,360 key caps, holy sheeeeeeeeet.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #1315 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 15:45:43 »
Not to scare you... but elton this group buy is for 283,360 key caps, holy sheeeeeeeeet.

That RULES! Biggest group buy ever?

Offline oaklandishh

« Reply #1316 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 19:58:33 »

You should take a photo of the box this comes in. Or take a picture of yourself swimming in key-caps. That would be an awesome photoe

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1317 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 20:02:17 »

You should take a photo of the box this comes in. Or take a picture of yourself swimming in key-caps. That would be an awesome photoe

Box? You mean fleet of trucks that deliver it!

And we have already passed the "swimming in key caps" phase - no thanks! ;)

Offline kzinc

« Reply #1318 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 00:35:57 »
Paid.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1319 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 00:46:08 »
I want to be transparent as much as I can with the time frame of getting these key caps.  I don't want anyone to screw me with PayPal and do a chargeback or whatever because they feel it's taking too long (it happens).  So if some people that never reads the OP, here it is.  I may post this in every last page.  These are just estimates, I'll update as much as possible as I get them.

The Schedule:
  • Invoicing: Deadline will be July 31st, 2013 (May extend few more days for people with monthly paycheques)
  • Payment Submission to Tai Hao: 1-3 days after payment deadline after I sort everything out
  • Production Lead Time: Around 6 weeks for them to produce and pack each set into individual bags
  • Shipping to me: After production, shipping to me will take around 4 weeks. Some may get it sooner because I'm sending some directly to some people with large orders (>100 sets)
  • Shipping to you: After I received the key cap sets, I will start packing and shipping them out. May take a week to ship them all.
  • So all in all, I'll get the caps maybe end of September or early October.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1320 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 02:16:09 »
F u for disrespectin' eltons' efforts!!11   :D
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1321 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 07:11:54 »
I want to be transparent as much as I can with the time frame of getting these key caps.  I don't want anyone to screw me with PayPal and do a chargeback or whatever because they feel it's taking too long (it happens).  So if some people that never reads the OP, here it is.  I may post this in every last page.  These are just estimates, I'll update as much as possible as I get them.

The Schedule:
  • Invoicing: Deadline will be July 31st, 2013 (May extend few more days for people with monthly paycheques)
  • Payment Submission to Tai Hao: 1-3 days after payment deadline after I sort everything out
  • Production Lead Time: Around 6 weeks for them to produce and pack each set into individual bags
  • Shipping to me: After production, shipping to me will take around 4 weeks. Some may get it sooner because I'm sending some directly to some people with large orders (>100 sets)
  • Shipping to you: After I received the key cap sets, I will start packing and shipping them out. May take a week to ship them all.

As long I get mine by Halloween, I'm good.   :cool:

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #1322 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 08:01:20 »
Thanks for the update, Eloton. I'd mentally calculated end of September based on earlier estimates. We'll all be waiting on pins and needles. :p

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #1323 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 08:19:11 »
Thanks for the info.  I expected "a while", but it's nice to have a better idea of what that means.  Really appreciate all the hard work you've put in (and will be) for this GB.  Can't wait to have a bunch of caps to figure out what to do with. :)

Offline Poom

« Reply #1324 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 09:33:26 »
so that means I have until october to think about which boards would these caps go to....

or rather have until october to think about where to store these caps, doesnt seem like ill have any boards to use these with... with other GB caps also incoming.

or another option, i have until october to think about who to sell these caps to! :eek:

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #1325 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 10:18:44 »
so that means I have until october to think about which boards would these caps go to....

or rather have until october to think about where to store these caps, doesnt seem like ill have any boards to use these with... with other GB caps also incoming.

or another option, i have until october to think about who to sell these caps to! :eek:

Better think north, think Oktoberfest. You know they have those huge beer tankards. Excellent for keycaps storage.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1326 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 11:42:02 »
You've got to calculate the time from Canada to EU, too.  :cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x161jo_wyclef-jean-gone-till-november_music#.UfACi20YN1k

Plenty of time to source enough ANSI keyboards...  ;D

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #1327 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 12:09:13 »

Better think north, think Oktoberfest. You know they have those huge beer tankards. Excellent for keycaps storage.

Lol nice idea  :D
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1328 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:09:27 »
Seriously, Elton, do you actually own enough real estate to temporarily warehouse all those thousands of keycap sets you are buying for us?

Not intending to pour cold water or sound disrespectful, but if you haven't thought through the logistics, now is the time to do so. You have hundreds of people to handle and hundreds of different shipping labels and shipping formats. Even if you only need 100 boxes and can ship the rest in envelopes, 100 boxes take up a heck lot of space.

Box? You mean fleet of trucks that deliver it!

And we have already passed the "swimming in key caps" phase - no thanks! ;)
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1329 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:47:15 »
I'm pretty sure I have enough space to store these at my house.  Luckily, not all are coming my way as I have few hundred sets going directly to others.  If I don't, I have other places to store them until I need them though it is a bit of a hassle.

I'm shipping all these in boxes, so no envelopes.  I'm not going to box everything at once then ship it.  The way I'm doing it is pack a certain number of orders and ship them out, one batch at a time so I don't have packed boxes laying around.  Even if I packed 100 at a time, I'm not able to fit them in the car anyways. 

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1330 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:56:05 »
Oh, it's only about two cubic metres of keycaps (60 cubic feet) if my rough estimation is right ...  ;D

Weight: roughly 300 kg (660 pounds) ...  ^-^

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #1331 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 18:04:20 »
Heh, that'll pretty much fill a small closet to near the ceiling, at least.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #1332 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 21:12:57 »
lol man Elton I thought this is your first group buy.  You're doing it like a pro now good job !!!

:P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #1333 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 21:17:21 »
Paid!!!!! :cool: :p :eek: :)) Can't wait to get these
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1334 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:28:48 »

The Schedule:

i'm waiting for the update, as someone who just got into gb, doing a calculation on this is quite a shock.---not  only is the payment delayed again and again till maybe August, the production time+shipping time ends up being more than 3 months by themselves, far from my wildest imagination

i came back to this thread expecting to find no time frame info, so i should have been calm when i do see some, but I am not--I'm used to 2 day shipping at Amazon and the most I had to wait was a month and a week from a seller in Hongkong, and he refunded me after the shipment never showed up, Amazon rule. Cultural shock, but still shocked.

and by the way, are you sure your calculation is right at the end? it's at least october, the 6 month production time already drags you to mid september, then the shipping to you drags you to end of October..everyone is getting it from you Mid November that was my calculation
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:32:30 by lyrill »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1335 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:32:16 »
When was the payment delayed again and again?  This isn't a store where I have the product in hand that I can ship everyone's order right after I receive payment..

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1336 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:32:56 »
When was the payment delayed again and again?  This isn't a store where I have the product in hand that I can ship everyone's order right after I receive payment..

I remember the deadline not being somewhere August

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1337 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:36:25 »
My first deadline is July 31st and still is.  I said I may allow late payments few days after August for people with monthly pay cheques.  I will go ahead and place the order with Tai Hao either way.

Yeah, my calculation is a little optimistic.

NOTE: I will place an order with Tai Hao after deadline as long as I have enough orders paid.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:39:08 by elton5354 »

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1338 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:21:04 »
My first deadline is July 31st and still is.  I said I may allow late payments few days after August for people with monthly pay cheques.  I will go ahead and place the order with Tai Hao either way.

NOTE: I will place an order with Tai Hao after deadline as long as I have enough orders paid.

well i don't remember when you said first so i can't quote..either way i am still shocked as i said it take so long to get a groupbuy done. especially these aren't highly special stuff, they are just highly cheap

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1339 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:28:40 »

The Schedule:

i'm waiting for the update, as someone who just got into gb, doing a calculation on this is quite a shock.---not  only is the payment delayed again and again till maybe August, the production time+shipping time ends up being more than 3 months by themselves, far from my wildest imagination

i came back to this thread expecting to find no time frame info, so i should have been calm when i do see some, but I am not--I'm used to 2 day shipping at Amazon and the most I had to wait was a month and a week from a seller in Hongkong, and he refunded me after the shipment never showed up, Amazon rule. Cultural shock, but still shocked.

and by the way, are you sure your calculation is right at the end? it's at least october, the 6 month production time already drags you to mid september, then the shipping to you drags you to end of October..everyone is getting it from you Mid November that was my calculation

Most group buys do take some time, usually 2 - 3 months.

If it is just you buying something online from a retailer that has items in stock, then yes, 2 day delivery end to end transaction all done thank you very much.

But a GB has to coordinate so many different people in different time zones and cater for everyone's ordering requirements, order separately with the manufacturer, ship here, ship there, sorting and everything else.

The quickest GB would take about a month.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1340 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:37:41 »

well i don't remember when you said first so i can't quote..either way i am still shocked as i said it take so long to get a groupbuy done. especially these aren't highly special stuff, they are just highly cheap

Sorry if you feel this way, but there is nothing I can do about that.  The only thing I can do is ship everyone's order as quick as I can.

Offline Poom

« Reply #1341 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 02:13:32 »

This is already one of the quickest GB there is, considering the amount of orders and so many people Elton needed to issue invoices to and the time everyone pays... which I think elton has done an absolutely wonderful job here, def one of the people I would go down on my knees and propose, but i wont.  :p

plus I dont get what is not highly special stuff about these caps, double shots are double shots, whatever color, they are still double shots so still highly special on my book.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1342 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 02:14:48 »
Why are people even complaining? If you don't want to participate in the GB for whatever reason you dislike, don't join or drop out. This is a deal that probably won't be surpassed for a long time, so enjoy your dirt-cheap double-shots.
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline dave23

« Reply #1343 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 02:57:53 »
Just paid my invoice, thank you Elton for all your hard work in this group buy I am very appreciative of your efforts, for someone like me that has a very limited budget for keycaps you have made it possible for me to have a nice selection to play with (and double shots no less), I tip my hat to you sir!

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1344 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 03:23:24 »
Why are people even complaining? If you don't want to participate in the GB for whatever reason you dislike, don't join or drop out. This is a deal that probably won't be surpassed for a long time, so enjoy your dirt-cheap double-shots.
if you know better then good for you, I don't know as much about what I am getting into, I would be an idiot to not ask questions

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1345 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 03:24:25 »

Sorry if you feel this way, but there is nothing I can do about that.  The only thing I can do is ship everyone's order as quick as I can.

it's all good, just need to  know how it is

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1346 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 03:55:49 »
if you know better then good for you, I don't know as much about what I am getting into, I would be an idiot to not ask questions

The only reason people are having a go at you is because you came across very rude, by all means ask questions, everyone was new at some point but there is no need to be aggressive about it.

Good luck elton!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
« Reply #1347 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 07:40:52 »
Yeah, really when you think about it, it's pretty amazing how these groupbuys work here.  It's not like buying a product off Amazon because we don't just buy off-the-shelf stuff in bulk.  We're essentially acting like most of the brands you buy from.

The product is specified and the manufacturing is sourced.  We do our market research by gathering orders, and establishing pricing levels. Then we gather the capital, and place the order.  The products are manufactured and shipped to the organizers who then distribute them often times to a 2nd level of distribution.

All things considered, it's pretty amazing for a company to bring a new product to market for someone to buy on Amazon in 6 months, and they don't do this on the side. 

So don't feel irritated.  Feel proud to be a part of it!

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1348 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:42:00 »

Sorry I can't seem to find  why I came  across rude, maybe it's just different perspective, I was expressing how shocked i was, I don't see myself doing anything other than that, I only see people furiously defending how things are supposed to be just how it is, aka me being stupid for expressing my shock.

Maybe you forgot when you never heard of group buys you no longer can see it from my perspective truly?
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:44:33 by lyrill »

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1349 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:45:19 »
Yeah, really when you think about it, it's pretty amazing how these groupbuys work here.  It's not like buying a product off Amazon because we don't just buy off-the-shelf stuff in bulk.  We're essentially acting like most of the brands you buy from.

The product is specified and the manufacturing is sourced.  We do our market research by gathering orders, and establishing pricing levels. Then we gather the capital, and place the order.  The products are manufactured and shipped to the organizers who then distribute them often times to a 2nd level of distribution.

All things considered, it's pretty amazing for a company to bring a new product to market for someone to buy on Amazon in 6 months, and they don't do this on the side. 

So don't feel irritated.  Feel proud to be a part of it!

I understood the first part, but What do you mean by "All things considered, it's pretty amazing for a company to bring a new product to market for someone to buy on Amazon in 6 months, and they don't do this on the side.  "?