Author Topic: Alps Matias Removal tool  (Read 82464 times)

Offline IjonTichy

Re: Alps Matias Removal tool
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 14:01:33 »
That link again is only png and f3d.

dxf is the other one.

A file ending in STL is the one that I am looking for. And that was never posted before. Thank you again for your help!

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 14:08:12 »
That link again is only png and f3d.

dxf is the other one.

A file ending in STL is the one that I am looking for. And that was never posted before. Thank you again for your help!

i just checked the grabcad file and i was under the impression that was the STL so my mistake. I will try and export the STL when i get home in afew hours.

sorry again for the misunderstanding on my end.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 14:57:53 »
Is this more complicated than I thought?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 18:19:42 »
Is this more complicated than I thought?

please let me know if this works for you

« Last Edit: Tue, 07 June 2016, 21:49:06 by mrbishop »
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 13:09:15 »
Can someone who has the tool tell me the measurements please? I am interested in depth, length and width in their largest part.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 20:55:22 »
Can someone who has the tool tell me the measurements please? I am interested in depth, length and width in their largest part.

i got most of my information from this.
Projects

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:00:16 »
@mrbishop: I've had the Alps Trident tool for some time now, but I had occasion to use it for the first time today to open a seemingly dead green Alps switch on a Zenith Z-150 board.

The tool worked beautifully to open the switch. I cleaned the interior of the switch, put it back together, and now it works just fine.

Questions:

1. Do you have a recommended technique for putting Alps switches back together when the lower half is still soldered into the keyboard? The main issue I had today was keeping the spring in place. I've seen the Alps switch cleaning video from Chyros -- just wondering if you had anything to add to this.

2. Are you still selling the plexiglass trident tools?

Thanks.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:40:53 »
@mrbishop: I've had the Alps Trident tool for some time now, but I had occasion to use it for the first time today to open a seemingly dead green Alps switch on a Zenith Z-150 board.

The tool worked beautifully to open the switch. I cleaned the interior of the switch, put it back together, and now it works just fine.

Questions:

1. Do you have a recommended technique for putting Alps switches back together when the lower half is still soldered into the keyboard? The main issue I had today was keeping the spring in place. I've seen the Alps switch cleaning video from Chyros -- just wondering if you had anything to add to this.

Thanks.

What I tend to do is to place the spring in place with tweezers, then place the stem slider on top of the spring (make sure the stem is facing the appropriate direction, then place a small flathead screwdriver through the hole in the switch top, use it to hold the slider in place while I push the switch top down onto the switch body.

I hope that was clear, it made sense in my head but it seems a bit convoluted when typed out.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:49:45 »
@duynguyenle: Thanks! Your description is fairly clear. I think I've got it, and I will give your procedure a try the next time I take apart an Alps switch in situ.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 17:31:14 »

Questions:

Thanks.

looks like you got your question answered. and i'm glad the tool is working out well for you. as for the acrylic tools i haven't made any in awhile. or the aluminum ones for that matter.
Projects

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 17:45:26 »
@mrbishop: Always looking for new tips, so I would welcome anything you might care to add about working on Alps switches. The plexiglass Alps Trident works beautifully. I would probably favor it over a metal one in order to prevent scratching the switches. Please let us know if you decide to make and sell more of these tools -- it would be good to have spares of something this useful.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 17:52:14 »
@mrbishop: Always looking for new tips, so I would welcome anything you might care to add about working on Alps switches. The plexiglass Alps Trident works beautifully. I would probably favor it over a metal one in order to prevent scratching the switches. Please let us know if you decide to make and sell more of these tools -- it would be good to have spares of something this useful.

i'm always up for taking orders however i'm about to start a group buy among other projects so if i was to make any it would likely be after all that. perhaps October when my schedule clears up more. i do have some tools that didn't quite make the cut so to speak that still work fine i'd sell at a discount if not just give away. PM me
Projects

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 18:40:12 »

i'm always up for taking orders however i'm about to start a group buy among other projects so if i was to make any it would likely be after all that. perhaps October when my schedule clears up more. i do have some tools that didn't quite make the cut so to speak that still work fine i'd sell at a discount if not just give away. PM me

I would be interested, maybe I can finally stop using guitar picks to pry open these switches!

What is your upcoming GB? Any information you could share with us?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 18:56:01 »

I would be interested, maybe I can finally stop using guitar picks to pry open these switches!

its for my Pawn 35% mobile keyboard 
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83967.0
Projects

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 19:27:51 »

Oh of course! I saw the thread on DT. Unfortunately it's too small for me but I think it's a great idea for mobile users, congrats!  :thumb:

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 19:39:27 »

Oh of course! I saw the thread on DT. Unfortunately it's too small for me but I think it's a great idea for mobile users, congrats!  :thumb:

thanks. its a cool little board for sure :)
Projects