Author Topic: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests 3  (Read 120072 times)

Offline luke2fr

Re: [IC] grid 650, updated with GB info, plate options, and colorway.
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 09:01:09 »
Hey Grid team, are you able to provide me with the top images of all the cases and modules in their various colours? The reasoning being is I want to put together a website/simulator to help people decide/visualise the different combinations of case and modules (in their various colours) according to however they want. It would be great if you can provide because I have quite a few people wanting the same thing. Or if you cannot provide are you able to setup a simulator yourselves so people can visually swap and choose what combinations they like?

Thank you!

that would be great.
I am waiting january to order, but I'm struggling to choose the color of the module I want because of the lack of renders/photos

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 10:41:19 »
Hey Grid team, are you able to provide me with the top images of all the cases and modules in their various colours? The reasoning being is I want to put together a website/simulator to help people decide/visualise the different combinations of case and modules (in their various colours) according to however they want. It would be great if you can provide because I have quite a few people wanting the same thing. Or if you cannot provide are you able to setup a simulator yourselves so people can visually swap and choose what combinations they like?

Thank you!

that would be great.
I am waiting january to order, but I'm struggling to choose the color of the module I want because of the lack of renders/photos

Agreed, I have changed my mind on colours of modules about 5 times now. Was thinking of doing a janky photoshop job to see, but would love something more official to help guide me.

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 14:06:44 »

Thank you!

that would be great.

Agreed, I have changed my mind on colours of modules about 5 times now. Was thinking of doing a janky photoshop job to see, but would love something more official to help guide me.

I too started an attempt to do some basic cutting/pasting/layering from the existing images to try to check the various combos I’d consider. An interactive tool would be fantastic!

Offline emiledu

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 16:04:59 »
Do you know the amount of tritium used in O2NEON?

Offline aiwa501

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 19:36:03 »
If ordering a hot swap PCB must one get the 4mm plate or will the 1.5mm work okay and vice versa for the solder PCB?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 04:23:17 »
I would love to know more about the Type 07 Array.  What exactly can be displayed and how is the display changed or sent information to?  Is there a dedicated APP for the PC?  Is there a limit to what it can be used for in terms of information or will it be able to be programmed?

I also would like to be able to compare colour options across the entire range, I would like to order multiple combos but I am finding it difficult to work them all out.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 14:16:25 »
If ordering a hot swap PCB must one get the 4mm plate or will the 1.5mm work okay and vice versa for the solder PCB?

This question has been asked 4 times now I think...still waiting for a definitive answer. The descriptions in the listing imply that you can only use the 4mm plate with hotswap, but would like confirmation if that's correct.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 17:26:25 »
Hi, I think this question has been missed a few times, can you please confirm whether the hotswap version pcb can be used with the 1.5mm plate option? Thanks.

It totally can.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 17:32:56 »

Thank you!

Wow, many thanks on that! I saw one reply on Instagram said very similar thing, is that you? Honestly we really want to do that but we are fully occupied at this moment. We will create the media for you. Thanks again!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 18:06:11 »
Do you know the amount of tritium used in O2NEON?

There are three 2x12mm tritium tubes. One single tube has roughly 0.01ml tritium.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 18:19:09 »
I would love to know more about the Type 07 Array.  What exactly can be displayed and how is the display changed or sent information to?  Is there a dedicated APP for the PC?  Is there a limit to what it can be used for in terms of information or will it be able to be programmed?

I also would like to be able to compare colour options across the entire range, I would like to order multiple combos but I am finding it difficult to work them all out.
Thanks for your interest, ARRAY can display current time, your PC hardware info, and custom texts.
A PC software is required for hardware info readout. You can program ARRAY using Arduino. We will provide the original code.

We reckon it could be difficult to pick the best colors at. It also largely depend on the key caps of your choice.

Offline mechs

• www.mechs.io
    • The Mechanical Keyboard Directory
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 05:20:08 »

Thank you!

Wow, many thanks on that! I saw one reply on Instagram said very similar thing, is that you? Honestly we really want to do that but we are fully occupied at this moment. We will create the media for you. Thanks again!

Yes that was me! Awesome that sounds great. I'd be happy to make it :) I will DM you on Instagram on how you can proceed with transferring the media files across to me.
I'm pretty sure the community is going to love this.

Thanks!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #262 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 05:27:02 »
Absolutely in love with the modular design on the forehead. Stunning geometry you've added there. GLWIC. This is gonna be a big one.

Would you be interested in a render collaboration with us by any chance?

Excited to generate some creative sparks with you soon.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2020, 05:35:51 by esclab »

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 16:11:54 »
So is there any particular reason why none of the modules are offered in e-white? Very surprising given that all modules come in navy and black as options so you can color match that, but none for the white? Not even the Classic penholder?

Love the product, and will definitely be picking it up, but it feels like that was an easy miss on the design of the overall offering.

I wanted in white, but it seems like the dumb move to make since I can't properly match it with any modules for a clean all-white look.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2020, 16:17:42 by i luv chuletas »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 19:49:43 »
So is there any particular reason why none of the modules are offered in e-white? Very surprising given that all modules come in navy and black as options so you can color match that, but none for the white? Not even the Classic penholder?

Love the product, and will definitely be picking it up, but it feels like that was an easy miss on the design of the overall offering.

I wanted in white, but it seems like the dumb move to make since I can't properly match it with any modules for a clean all-white look.

In the end, it's up to the designer to release colors or designs that satisfies their creative direction. I think it's completely fair that he may not release colors that satisfies everyone.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #265 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 20:07:39 »
I also find the decision to not offer white modules a bit strange considering white is one of the 3 board color options, and having 7 accent colors but not one being a direct match feels like a miss.

I guess silver is fairly neutral, but what I like about white is that it goes with everything.
Right now I kinda have to have a set in mind that would go with the right colored module.

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 20:09:36 »
Since modules are swappable and since other ones are coming down the line. I'm sure it's probably possible to do another run with white as an option.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 21:50:37 »

In the end, it's up to the designer to release colors or designs that satisfies their creative direction. I think it's completely fair that he may not release colors that satisfies everyone.
I mean sure, but then that's just common-GB-sense.

Everything regarding this product is C L E A R L Y put together with the utmost attention to detail; to that effect, obviating one of the base color options altogether as an option for the modules is just... odd, and unfortunate.

Maybe it was cost prohibitive, and they would've had to upcharge customers for the e-white options on the modules given it's the only color that requires a different process than anno?

If that's the case, please charge us and give us the option!

And If it's not, I'd love learn where that decision came from :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2020, 00:39:25 by i luv chuletas »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 17:27:32 »

I mean sure, but then that's just common-GB-sense.

Everything regarding this product is C L E A R L Y put together with the utmost attention to detail; to that effect, obviating one of the base color options altogether as an option for the modules is just... odd, and unfortunate.

Maybe it was cost prohibitive, and they would've had to upcharge customers for the e-white options on the modules given it's the only color that requires a different process than anno?

If that's the case, please charge us and give us the option!

And If it's not, I'd love learn where that decision came from :)
Fair enough! Making your thoughts and opinions heard is definitely the point of an IC, that's for sure.

Offline RogueArchitect

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 15:01:43 »
Absolutely in love with the modular design on the forehead. Stunning geometry you've added there. GLWIC. This is gonna be a big one.

Would you be interested in a render collaboration with us by any chance?

Excited to generate some creative sparks with you soon.  :thumb:
What is a render collaboration?

Offline gridishere

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 22:09:45 »

E-white is a finish kind of like coating, which adds a small amount of thickness to the chassis or parts.
We are concerned if both the module or the keyboard is e-white, the fit between them could be too tight.

Sorry that we can't provide this option and we hope you can understand.

Offline Rfinity

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 22:32:06 »
Hoping you could answer more specific clarifying questions which don't seem to have been answered yet:
  • Is Module 5 PRESS hotswap?
  • Is the 18650 battery holder affixed to the case? Specifically, when you say that "the FLASH module takes the space for the 18650 battery holder", does this mean that before module 4 is put in (without the DIY battery setup), the entire holder must be removed, or just the 18650 battery itself must be removed from the holder?
  • Does the DIY battery setup replace the 18650 battery entirely, or does the 18650 battery and/or its holder need to be reinstalled when the FLASH module is swapped out for a different module?
  • Are the buttons on Module 4 able to turn off the LED strip entirely, such that it could remain installed while using BLE without the DIY battery setup?

Essentially, I'd like to know if I can purchase the wired + BLE configuration and then easily swap between Module 4 FLASH in just wired mode and any other module in either mode. Would greatly appreciate answers to the above ASAP. The keyboard looks great and I hope to purchase it. Thanks in advance!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 03:33:47 »
Hoping you could answer more specific clarifying questions which don't seem to have been answered yet:
  • Is the 18650 battery holder affixed to the case? Specifically, when you say that "the FLASH module takes the space for the 18650 battery holder", does this mean that before module 4 is put in (without the DIY battery setup), the entire holder must be removed, or just the 18650 battery itself must be removed from the holder?
  • Does the DIY battery setup replace the 18650 battery entirely, or does the 18650 battery and/or its holder need to be reinstalled when the FLASH module is swapped out for a different module?
  • Are the buttons on Module 4 able to turn off the LED strip entirely, such that it could remain installed while using BLE without the DIY battery setup?

Essentially, I'd like to know if I can purchase the wired + BLE configuration and then easily swap between Module 4 FLASH in just wired mode and any other module in either mode. Would greatly appreciate answers to the above ASAP. The keyboard looks great and I hope to purchase it. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your interest,

1. Module 5 PRESS is indeed hotswap
2. The battery holder is secured to the chassis by 2 screws. The battery holder needs to be removed before installing module 4 FLASH.
3. The DIY batter setup should replace the 18650 battery holder entirely. Still, it is recommended to use FLASH in the wired mode.
4. YES, but it will still consume some energy.

Hope it helps!

Offline s9ofhearts

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 23:53:26 »

2. The battery holder is secured to the chassis by 2 screws. The battery holder needs to be removed before installing module 4 FLASH.
3. The DIY batter setup should replace the 18650 battery holder entirely. Still, it is recommended to use FLASH in the wired mode.

Hope it helps!

Hi, thanks for providing us with more insight into the flash module.

In relation to question 4, can you please clarify this - so even though the lighting is off, the battery will still be drained? Will this affect standby time by a lot?

I've got a few more question to add below if you don't mind responding:

A) with the bluetooth PCB option, how many devices can the pcb remember? And if more than one, can you please briefly describe the process to change the device the keyboard is connected to?

B) on the zfrontier page, it states that using the BATTERY PROTECTION BYPASS will void your warranty. Can you please explain what this means? Is this required to install the DIY battery to use the flash module wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 03:40:54 »

Hope it helps!

Hi, thanks for providing us with more insight into the flash module.

In relation to question 4, can you please clarify this - so even though the lighting is off, the battery will still be drained? Will this affect standby time by a lot?

I've got a few more question to add below if you don't mind responding:

A) with the bluetooth PCB option, how many devices can the pcb remember? And if more than one, can you please briefly describe the process to change the device the keyboard is connected to?

B) on the zfrontier page, it states that using the BATTERY PROTECTION BYPASS will void your warranty. Can you please explain what this means? Is this required to install the DIY battery to use the flash module wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.

This is because the MCU won't go into sleep mode when it is off, and the IC inside those addressable RGB LEDs can't be turned off. We can potentially make the MCU sleep when the lights are off. We assume this setup will take half the battery life.

A. It can remember many devices and will try to connect to the last connected device. For example, if you have paired grid 650 BLE with both your phone and computer. The keyboard is now connected to your phone. Disconnect it from your phone, and the keyboard will connect to your computer.

B. Using BATTERY PROTECTION BYPASS means you are connecting the battery directly to the voltage step-up circuit inside the HUB. Most lithium batteries should work just fine. However, we can't guarantee the quality of the third-party battery, and there is a meager chance it may fry the step-up circuit. For example, if one connects a 7.4V battery into our system, the voltage step-up chip will be damaged.

Hope it helps!

Offline s9ofhearts

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 07:11:51 »
This is because the MCU won't go into sleep mode when it is off, and the IC inside those addressable RGB LEDs can't be turned off. We can potentially make the MCU sleep when the lights are off. We assume this setup will take half the battery life.

Thanks for the info. Does that mean that if you are able to implement the sleep mode for the MCU when the lights are off, it would solve the battery drain issue? Or is the IC unable to be turned off either way?

If you are able to solve this battery drain issue when the lights are off, I would get this module for sure!

B. Using BATTERY PROTECTION BYPASS means you are connecting the battery directly to the voltage step-up circuit inside the HUB. Most lithium batteries should work just fine. However, we can't guarantee the quality of the third-party battery, and there is a meager chance it may fry the step-up circuit. For example, if one connects a 7.4V battery into our system, the voltage step-up chip will be damaged.

If a battery does fry the hub, would replacing the usb hub pcb fix the keyboard, or would the main pcb have to be replaced as well?

Thanks again!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 08:56:45 »

Thanks for the info. Does that mean that if you are able to implement the sleep mode for the MCU when the lights are off, it would solve the battery drain issue? Or is the IC unable to be turned off either way?

If you are able to solve this battery drain issue when the lights are off, I would get this module for sure!

If a battery does fry the hub, would replacing the usb hub pcb fix the keyboard, or would the main pcb have to be replaced as well?

Thanks again!

Should be just the HUB board. Main PCB only take 3.3V generate on the HUB.

Offline s9ofhearts

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 09:21:54 »

Thanks again!

Thanks for that. Can you please also comment on the other question regarding the battery drain too? Cheers.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 08:39:51 »

Thanks again!

Thanks for that. Can you please also comment on the other question regarding the battery drain too? Cheers.

We will test that in the weekend. Will let you know.

Offline Rfinity

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 15:12:24 »

Thanks again!

Got an update?

Offline gridishere

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 01:45:42 »

Thanks again!

Got an update?

Yes. Sorry for coming late.

We did some thorough tests (power, stability, and thermal ) and figured out that FLASH's power consumption was pretty high even when all lights were off. It was designed for wired use.

The actual number was 70mA@5V, 6 times more than our BLE PCB.

It was pretty bad and we were not happy with it.

We started to solve that problem immediately.

A PCB was created and software was improved.

The new version consumes about 3mA @5V when all lights are off.

Still, it affects battery life a little. We hope it is good enough for most people.

Thanks very much for asking us this question.

Best,
grid

Offline CookieFlow

Re: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 16:20:23 »
Hi Grid,

So I will place my order in the coming days, but I still have a few questions.

-You said on the 3rd of December that a video explaining the 1.5 vs 4mm plate was coming. Any update on this?
-I need the hotswap version, but that also means I can only get the WK version. The grid 600 came with blockers I believe, will the 650 also come with blockers? If not, any chance I could find the grid 600 blockers somewhere?
-Is the rose color for the 650, the same as the grid 600 rose gold color?
-Is the module 10 Circle 100% coming? (so that I can plan which modules I need to buy)
-I will try to get an extra plate, PCB and USB-HUB PCB, but getting those extras gets pretty expensive and my cart is already at over 800$ with the different modules (which means over 1000$ after import taxes sadly).
Will it be possible to get USBHUB/PCB/plates later on? If not, the grid 600 I believe supported other PCB like some KBD ones, will it be the same with the 650? It's just in case something goes wrong in the future, it would be a nice peace of mind to know I can still find parts.

This is the most I ever spent on a keyboard, so I want to make sure I get everything right.
Thanks for your time.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2021, 16:34:07 by CookieFlow »

Offline gridishere

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 09:54:59 »
Hi Grid,

So I will place my order in the coming days, but I still have a few questions.

-You said on the 3rd of December that a video explaining the 1.5 vs 4mm plate was coming. Any update on this?
-I need the hotswap version, but that also means I can only get the WK version. The grid 600 came with blockers I believe, will the 650 also come with blockers? If not, any chance I could find the grid 600 blockers somewhere?
-Is the rose color for the 650, the same as the grid 600 rose gold color?
-Is the module 10 Circle 100% coming? (so that I can plan which modules I need to buy)
-I will try to get an extra plate, PCB and USB-HUB PCB, but getting those extras gets pretty expensive and my cart is already at over 800$ with the different modules (which means over 1000$ after import taxes sadly).
Will it be possible to get USBHUB/PCB/plates later on? If not, the grid 600 I believe supported other PCB like some KBD ones, will it be the same with the 650? It's just in case something goes wrong in the future, it would be a nice peace of mind to know I can still find parts.

This is the most I ever spent on a keyboard, so I want to make sure I get everything right.
Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your interest.

-We have uploaded a sound test video comparing 1.5 and 4mm plates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygA5pyuFf4
-Unfortunately, we don't have win key blocks for grid 650 right now. 600's block is not compatible with 650's. We will consider designing one.
-It will be 100% coming.
-grid 650 features our in-house designed BLE PCB so I assume it wouldn't be available elsewhere. We will share the PCB design guideline with those who are capable of designing PCBs. We provide long support for our product for a least 5 years and hopefully more. So don't worry about the spare parts. The listing is mainly for price reference.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
grid

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 10:27:21 »
@gridishere: I mentioned before about doing a Boardwalk PCB for this.  Is there any chance the original PCB would be open-sourced so that I can use the measurements for making a custom PCB to fit this case?  Double kudos if you're able to share your bluetooth implementation so I can match your feature set  :)

I picked up two of these boards for myself for this project, so you know I'm taking it seriously!

Edit:  BTW if I pick up the wire only PCB, will I still get the HUB PCB with the battery holder?  My second grid is a barebones unit, since a Boardwalk will be going into it.  I want to make sure I could still make a wireless Boardwalk PCB work in it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2021, 10:54:19 by shensmobile »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 16:29:47 »
Awesome news and thanks for the information.

-Just to clarify where will I be able to get PCB/plates in the future since you mention 5 years of support?
-You missed my question about the "rose" color, is it the same as the "rose gold" from Grid 600 or a different shade?
-The video seems to work perfectly fine with the 1.5mm plate, why was it not recommended for hotswaps? I am still not really sure which one I prefer, to me the 4mm sounds more muted, while the 1.5 I feel you hear the switches more.

Blockers would be incredible, it really is my only gripe with the board, I really like a blocker before my arrows keys.

Offline RogueArchitect

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 02:41:11 »
A blocker would be amazing!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:21:17 »
@gridishere: I mentioned before about doing a Boardwalk PCB for this.  Is there any chance the original PCB would be open-sourced so that I can use the measurements for making a custom PCB to fit this case?  Double kudos if you're able to share your bluetooth implementation so I can match your feature set  :)

I picked up two of these boards for myself for this project, so you know I'm taking it seriously!

Edit:  BTW if I pick up the wire only PCB, will I still get the HUB PCB with the battery holder?  My second grid is a barebones unit, since a Boardwalk will be going into it.  I want to make sure I could still make a wireless Boardwalk PCB work in it.
We will share a PCB design guideline at the end of our GB, including Pin definition and a CAD file for layouts. QMK codes will be available as well. It might take some time to update.

Thanks very much for your support!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:26:24 »
Awesome news and thanks for the information.

-Just to clarify where will I be able to get PCB/plates in the future since you mention 5 years of support?
-You missed my question about the "rose" color, is it the same as the "rose gold" from Grid 600 or a different shade?
-The video seems to work perfectly fine with the 1.5mm plate, why was it not recommended for hotswaps? I am still not really sure which one I prefer, to me the 4mm sounds more muted, while the 1.5 I feel you hear the switches more.

Blockers would be incredible, it really is my only gripe with the board, I really like a blocker before my arrows keys.

We can't guarantee the supply on plates (will do our best). But electronics, absolutely.
The rose color will be very close.
The reason is mostly that the 1.5mm univseral plate doesn't hold the switches as nicely as the 4mm ANSI ones. Also, the 1.5mm plate doesn't support the Enter key as steady as the 4mm plate.

Best,
grid

Offline Havattack

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 10:25:18 »
Awww Yeah! Just put my order in. I usually prefer the look of wkl, but it's doesn't work for me on this one. I also went with the Flash module, and I'm thinking about getting the array too.. Ideally, i'd like to try and "mod" the mods, and combine both into one..

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 04:16:44 »
OK I give up.  I have filed and emptied my basket a dozen times now and I simply can not choose between black or white case colour.  Once you choose that it changes all my module choices.  How are you guys making decisions on buying this?  I need help.  Black or white base to start with?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline geewiz

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 05:56:39 »
OK I give up.  I have filed and emptied my basket a dozen times now and I simply can not choose between black or white case colour.  Once you choose that it changes all my module choices.  How are you guys making decisions on buying this?  I need help.  Black or white base to start with?

I came to the conclusion that a white case with black modules would come out looking a refined Rams-y retro style, and still being a neutral canvas to any kind of keycap.

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 07:28:57 »

I came to the conclusion that a white case with black modules would come out looking a refined Rams-y retro style, and still being a neutral canvas to any kind of keycap.

That's pretty much where I landed too. I'm doing White chassis with black PRESS, and teal Peaks in case I want a splash of color for awhile. Also the white chassis will probably look good alongside my white Apple Magic Trackpad.

Offline NarniaEve

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:10:15 »
as i can't get any replies from the vendor, asking here: can't order the board cause in checkout i get message that it's not possible to ship to destination country. i live in EU- how can i order?

Offline geewiz

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 11:31:30 »
as i can't get any replies from the vendor, asking here: can't order the board cause in checkout i get message that it's not possible to ship to destination country. i live in EU- how can i order?

That's probably because some shipping routes are temporarily affected by COVID restrictions. Maybe you can use a relative or friend living in an unaffected country as your "personal proxy"?

Offline kraize

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:09:47 »
Quick question, can I do the plate option with the keyboard and still go plate-less? Or do I need to buy it plate-less and then add on a plate if I wanted to later use a plate? Wasn't clear on the GB page.

Offline nickorrnah

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:59:02 »
Are there any plans on having brass plates sold separately in the future?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 17:57:44 »

I'm just going to paint my purple.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:25:29 »
Zfrontier is really not friendly for EU.

Really want to hop on this board but the import duties will be horrendous.

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 08:43:16 »
OK, got my for-real order in this time. I went with BLE/Hotswap in White and 4mm plate, with PRESS in Black, plus a teal PEAKS.

Offline nickorrnah

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 15:29:15 »
If I wanted to paint my case should I get the white for better color stick or would black be fine to paint over later as well?