Author Topic: [IC] GREEN SCREEN SA Keycaps == Your Computer in the 1980s  (Read 128445 times)

Offline Data

Re: [IC] GREEN SCREEN SA Keycaps == Your Computer in the 1980s
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 14:52:44 »
Still loving this.  WANT TO BUY.

Offline Liocer

[IC] GREEN SCREEN SA Keycaps == Your Computer in the 1980s
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 13:33:23 »
Any love for Planck mods?  It's like someone made a set just for me!

Edit: was looking on my phone. I see the Planck stuff now. Maybe it's just me but do you think we could include " in the darker shade. Otherwise I could just dub a blank but I think it's a shame more plank sets don't include a " in the same colours as the modifiers.

Wish I could have more votes on the poll. Want to buy green, Amber, 2 mod sets and the ortho set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 March 2016, 15:26:56 by Liocer »

Offline admgc

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:25:32 »
Still loving this.  WANT TO BUY.

:thumb:

Offline admgc

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:28:08 »
Maybe it's just me but do you think we could include " in the darker shade

Yeah, seems reasonable. Everything I'm seeing shows the ' key is in that right edge position alongside the mods. That what you mean?

Offline Liocer

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 00:12:14 »

Maybe it's just me but do you think we could include " in the darker shade

Yeah, seems reasonable. Everything I'm seeing shows the ' key is in that right edge position alongside the mods. That what you mean?

Yep exactly

Offline Data

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:09:42 »
Quote key is a character-producing key.  Seems odd to have it in the same color as the mods.  Are you using it on the extreme edge of your Planck?  (hence the color match w/ mods)

Offline Liocer

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:29:40 »
Quote key is a character-producing key.  Seems odd to have it in the same color as the mods.  Are you using it on the extreme edge of your Planck?  (hence the color match w/ mods)

Yep it's part of the default layout in that position. Note the missing key in the ortho group for this keyset.

Edit: with example:

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 March 2016, 04:36:50 by Liocer »

Offline b0f0

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 07:49:17 »
I really realy like this keycap set ! :)
already voted, also it support ergodox ! yes !
If this comes to massdrop as a drop I want to buy it.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:22:49 »
Trying to not take part in too many SA sets (skipped out on 1976, didn't really like the asymmetry), but this one looks intriguing

Offline Data

« Reply #309 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 18:36:56 »
Buying this or the Yuri set.  Whichever comes on sale first.   :cool:

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 03:54:32 »
Buying this or the Yuri set.  Whichever comes on sale first.   :cool:

Getting both...they are must haves!! ;)

Offline harlw

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 09:06:18 »
Is it done yet  :p
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 05:51:20 »

Any type of update? 200 votes has been reached on MD but there doesn't seem to be any quotes towards contacting SP or PMK ?

What is there to be done?
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO
Soon: LeandreN GB 4 60% - Sentraq 78%

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 13:03:24 »
Since when do they run another set when 200 requests are made? I've been waiting on 3 different MDs that all have over 1000 requests. Very frustrating.  It's almost like the demand is greater than the supply to drive prices up. .... 

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:04:58 »

Any type of update? 200 votes has been reached on MD but there doesn't seem to be any quotes towards contacting SP or PMK ?

Since when do they run another set when 200 requests are made? I've been waiting on 3 different MDs that all have over 1000 requests. Very frustrating.  It's almost like the demand is greater than the supply to drive prices up. .... 

200 votes doesn't guarantee that it will drop, it's just the minimum to be considered. There are a few other sets that are inline first, Jukebox is one of them which should drop next month. Also, they won't run multiple SA sets at a time, iirc.

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:18:18 »
Is it done yet 

200 votes doesn't guarantee that it will drop, it's just the minimum to be considered. There are a few other sets that are inline first, Jukebox is one of them which should drop next month. Also, they won't run multiple SA sets at a time, iirc.
Thanks,  do you know this from experience, or is there a list somewhere? How do we know jukebox is next? Those guys at signature plastics must only have like two injection molds machines.  How could this possibly take so long?  An no one else in the entire world is willing to make custom SA keycaps ?

** flabbergasted **

Offline Data

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:59:08 »
Signature Plastics is the only manufacturer who produces key caps in SA profile.  I don't know that they hold any patents but they're the only ones with the molds so interpret that as you will.  Nobody else seems interested in investing in the molds to produce SA for a sub-niche market.  Can you blame them?  And it takes months to produce a set in the quantities we've seen recently, so get used to waiting or start liking other profiles.  Those are your options... for now.

I'm honestly not sure why Jukebox needs to run again so soon, but I'm not the one calling the shots at Massdrop.  There must be a ridiculous demand for it.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:02:07 »
Is it done yet 

Thanks,  do you know this from experience, or is there a list somewhere? How do we know jukebox is next? Those guys at signature plastics must only have like two injection molds machines.  How could this possibly take so long?  An no one else in the entire world is willing to make custom SA keycaps ?

** flabbergasted **

Custom sets for the enthusiast market are only a very small portion of Signature Plastic's business.

Here is the Jukebox thread, there was an update from livingspeedbump on the last page. Tentatively in May

Also, Jukebox was listed on the status page over on PMK at one point. But they do have a bit of a backlog with sets that have already been sold on MD.

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:43:21 »
Signature Plastics is the only manufacturer who produces key caps in SA profile.  I don't know that they hold any patents but they're the only ones with the molds so interpret that as you will.  Nobody else seems interested in investing in the molds to produce SA for a sub-niche market.  Can you blame them?  And it takes months to produce a set in the quantities we've seen recently, so get used to waiting or start liking other profiles.  Those are your options... for now.

I'm honestly not sure why Jukebox needs to run again so soon, but I'm not the one calling the shots at Massdrop.  There must be a ridiculous demand for it.

Well as of this date,  massdrop jukebox page says:
 " 1183 users have requested this product."

I feel like the market has recently graduated from sub-niche to niche but maybe that's just wishful thinking.  Regardless, SA has significantly underestimated the demand. It's time for another option , we need another plastics company to step up.  I've experimented with 3D printing and mold making, and neither of these options are efficient for producing thousands of keycaps.

I spoke with a plastics company in Brooklyn last week and he told me the start up costs are exceeding $50,000 buying plastics mixing colors, make all the molds, so I understand the reluctance.    it's the New Yorker in me that says " I want it, so it must be available"

As for the possible patent,   seriously doubt it, but would love to know if it has any merit,  as my schemes will then have to include redesigning the whole keyset!

I think this is new thread.  Where should i post to get some interest in starting an alternative SA keycap manufacturer?  I can't be the only one scratching his head

Offline Data

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 13:38:19 »

Well as of this date,  massdrop jukebox page says:
 " 1183 users have requested this product."

I feel like the market has recently graduated from sub-niche to niche but maybe that's just wishful thinking.  Regardless, SA has significantly underestimated the demand. It's time for another option , we need another plastics company to step up.  I've experimented with 3D printing and mold making, and neither of these options are efficient for producing thousands of keycaps.

I spoke with a plastics company in Brooklyn last week and he told me the start up costs are exceeding $50,000 buying plastics mixing colors, make all the molds, so I understand the reluctance.    it's the New Yorker in me that says " I want it, so it must be available"

As for the possible patent,   seriously doubt it, but would love to know if it has any merit,  as my schemes will then have to include redesigning the whole keyset!

I think this is new thread.  Where should i post to get some interest in starting an alternative SA keycap manufacturer?  I can't be the only one scratching his head

The general Keyboards or Keycaps forums would be a good place to start.

We got a new plastics partner recently: JT Keycaps.  They're working with Bunnylake and CtrlAlt exclusively right now, and only in the Cherry profile.  But it's a start.  Perhaps down the road (years not months) they might be willing to expand into other profiles.  These things take time.

I'll give you that the timing seems ideal for some additional competition, at least from the consumer perspective.

Offline hoeppy

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:52:11 »

I love this set.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:57:43 »

The votes don't mean MD will contact SP for reproduction; they're just there for cap designers to tentatively gauge interest when deciding to rerun sets.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 18:33:10 »

MassDrop don't rerun sets based on those rerun requests.  That feature may work for other things but for these sets.  MassDrop wait until the set creator gets new pricing information from SP and works with MassDrop to set up a new run.  Sets like Pulse round 2 and the last Granite run are such examples.

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 19:44:38 »
Bump!!!! How come people can forget this incredible work :mad:

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 19:49:58 »
Bump!!!! How come people can forget this incredible work :mad:

I haven't forgotten. Just waiting patiently until interest gets fired up again. ;)

Offline gutsack

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 19:51:04 »
As per usual, registering a super late interest.

Offline Dadrophenia

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 20:10:11 »
Wow this a seriously one of the nicest sets I've ever seen, would definitely buy.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 20:49:52 »
Voted. Another epic SA set  :thumb:
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 00:08:25 »
vote for green ,i love this colorway.

Offline Data

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 06:18:16 »
OP hasn't even signed in since March.  Unless he already has an arrangement with Massdrop it doesn't seem like this set will happen this year.

Remember to vote in the Massdrop poll.  Keeping the spotlight on this set is the only way it will get made.

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 07:23:52 »
OP hasn't even signed in since March.  Unless he already has an arrangement with Massdrop it doesn't seem like this set will happen this year.

Remember to vote in the Massdrop poll.  Keeping the spotlight on this set is the only way it will get made.

He answered atleast comments on the MD poll a month ago, but yeah.. doubt it will drop this year since SP's schedule looks pretty full!
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 07:32:04 »
Answered the MD poll.
This looks like it's simple enough to fit on a few of my boards. Very interested. :thumb:

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 10:34:42 »
voted

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 11:27:14 »
I'm still interested
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline glyakk

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:59:33 »
I need this set in my life, voted green!

Offline duhhey

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 19:01:24 »
Very nice

Offline maximm

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 11:47:19 »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but i am sure us Swedes has the € on the letter E, not the 5/% symbol.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #337 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 18:04:30 »
This set is gorgeous, and I would definitely buy.

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 04:16:19 »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but i am sure us Swedes has the € on the letter E, not the 5/% symbol.

it's actually in both places - so to be able to get more compatible layouts it's often not printed on the E cap - since SA caps also has pretty big font which would maybe make it impossible to fit the € symbol on it.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO

Offline Parzival

« Reply #339 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 20:04:32 »
I really like this set and would be interested in a buy

Offline sinetwo

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 07:29:28 »
I'm very interested in this SA keycap set with ISO mods for UK.  :thumb:

Offline admgc

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 17:56:40 »
OP here. Just letting everyone know I'm still around. Thanks for all the MD poll votes, it's almost up to 700.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 18:04:56 »
OP here. Just letting everyone know I'm still around. Thanks for all the MD poll votes, it's almost up to 700.

Necro your own thread... :thumb: Let's wake this sucker up!!

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 19:24:28 »

I'm sure there's a lot of renewed interest with people wanting to match up with the most recent Bro sale.  It's a cool set on its own too.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 19:56:19 »
I'm sure there's a lot of renewed interest with people wanting to match up with the most recent Bro sale.  It's a cool set on its own too.

True. It is a cool set on its own also yes.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 20:46:17 »
It's looking like VCM legends are the most literal, but some of the others look good too. Thoughts?

Show Image

VCM is perfect. First thought with the initial post was that the green there is too yellow. I remember these as green-green!

Offline Jumie

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 04:59:49 »
this need to launch soon before any others that come in the IC later..

Offline PCG

• keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 06:14:06 »
Looks great!

<- all hail the new vegas strip!

Offline Data

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 06:17:00 »

Nice.  Welcome back.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 07:32:52 »
This really looks nice. +1 for the JD40/45 support.