Author Topic: [IC] GMK Galaxy - NEW Hibi Collab! *GB now til Mar 4th*  (Read 65298 times)

Offline edwyn

• I create stuff for CONCEPT & IDEA
    • CONCEPT & IDEA
[IC] GMK Galaxy - NEW Hibi Collab! *GB now til Mar 4th*
« on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:47:42 »

Discord       

* What's New?
02/11
Hibi artisan announced

02/04
GB starts. New mouse collab announced

More

9/11
Color voting results are in: White on Frankreichblau wins by a decisive 74%! 

9/6
Geekhack Community, got a lot of criticism on the alpha contrast for the first version
 and after digesting everyone's valuable comments and getting direct feedbackfrom some of the
 people here I have updated the colors and kits. Grateful for the feedback and the IC process
to iterate and improve my design I hope these new colors  better meet people's tastes.

* GMK Galaxy - Another space set ?

More
There are a few space sets that have been made before on GMK or KAT but I believe Galaxy is different enough to not be mistaken for those.
As this is my second attempt I wanted to try something different so I wanted to find a way to incorporate translucent keycaps to a set in a way
 that made sense (at least as option aesthetics kit). I am also a fan of dark sets and wanted to make a set that would be easy to match different
board colors.

GMK Galaxy is a set that tries to capture the blue/teal/grey/black spectrum of colors that we see in pictures of galaxies and adds a milky
translucent color to represents the clouds of gases and dust that you see in pictures of galaxies.

Based off feedback, I understand that translucent caps might not be for everyone and I will therefore have them as an optional based aesthetics kit.

I would like to thank Taylorisg of GMK Calcium for doing the hard work of reaching out to GMK to confirm that translucent caps are in the
realm of possibility. Without his work I probably would not have tried doing this.

* GMK Galaxy Colors *UPDATED*

Black: GMK CR
Dark Blue Grey: RAL 260 30 20 Frankreichblau 
White: GMK WS1

More
* GMK Galaxy Kits 

Base that should support the overwhelming majority of popular boards. 60-75%, TKL, full size + general ISO support

Novelties 
Novelties are in GMK CR and WS1 so they will match all WoB bases!

Spacebars 
Regular spacebar support for most keyboards

Based off feedback, translucent is now an optional separate kit. This makes better sense as now people who just
want translucent without getting the base can do so too

* GMK Galaxy Renders

Iron165 by Smith and Rune                                                                                                                              

Paragon                                                                                                                              

Iron180 by Smith and Rune                                                                                                                              

M65                                                                                                                              

Maja                                                                                                                              

* GMK Galaxy Desk Mats

Galazy                                                                                                                              

Blackhole                                                                                                                              

Stars And Planets                                                                                                                              

* GMK Galaxy Vendors + US pricing

├── US: Vala Supply                   ├── CA: DeskHero                  ├── SEA: ILUMKB
    ├── EU: Mykeyboard.eu              ├── OCE: DailyClack                   ├── CN: Zfrontier
    ├── KR: SWAGKEYS                   ├── UK: Prototypist                  ├── LATAM: Fancy Customs

GMK Galaxy US Pricing

Base - $135
Novelties - $49
Spacebars - $34
Aesthetics - $34

* GMK Galaxy Collaborations   

Here is the triple sleeved cable concept we have been working on the capture the colorful side of galaxy
pictures. We plan to offer this in a minimalistic straight cable (no coils) and paired with a dark blue cerakoted Lemo adapter

Render of the Brass Enter key with a dark rainbow PVD and Glow in the dark resin. I am personally very excited about this
keycap and Keebee really delivered finding supposedly the only vendor in the US that does this coating. Maybe this a first?

Render of the R1 artisan by Thok. 3D cap with Glow in the dark resin

Render of the R1 - 1U Anodised Aluminium with 4 Enamel fill

Upgraded with Kailh GM8.0 Switches and Tiger Ice Skates

* GMK Galaxy To Do
More renders
Desk Mats
Finalize kits
Annouce Vendors
Get Quotes from GMK
Announce Collaborations
Collab Designs

* GMK Galaxy Thank You

Credits:
Photo: Bryan Goff https://unsplash.com/photos/RF4p4rTM-2s
Translucent Renders + Iron boards: Nathan (you are amazing!)
Endless Feedback: nvh2092

Add This to Your Signature to Help Support GMK Galaxy!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114207.0][img width=320 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/lHLa1uP.png[/img][/url]

* Contact
http://concepidea.com
/u/edwyn on Reddit
wyn#6723 on Discord
Join my new discord server for updates on GMK Galaxy, other keycap sets I am working on and other design/art projects I am working on (art/toy is next)
http://discord.conceptidea.com/

Changelog   
08/15/21
First publish
08/20/21
Color Overhaul
09/06/21
New Kits/Renders
09/08/21
Re-did Kits/Renders more accurate lighting
09/09/21
Alpha color poll conducted
09/11/21
Alpha color finalised and renders updated
10/07/21
cable prototype
10/21/21
wrist rest prototype
12/25/21
GB date, Vendors and New renders
01/17/22
US pricing and Keebee collab

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 February 2022, 23:59:23 by edwyn »

Offline ZavaZ86

Re: [IC] GMK Galaxy - black/blue/translucent
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:52:54 »
So which nike shoe are we doing copy right **** on this time?

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:54:37 »
Take a few more months

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:55:18 »
Wow I hate how the transparent looks,
also your kitting is very not good, if you don't mind me saying so.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:56:50 »
What's the point of the accent kits if you're already offering 2 base kits with different accents?

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:07:57 »
Nope. This ain’t it chief.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:11:01 »
This feels like you took WoB, dropped some awful, highly saturated blue onto the alpha legends, and thought "well this isn't very creative, what's an easy way to make this technically different from other sets? Oh, I'll just add some polycarb accents."

Maybe others will like it and you can be successful running this - in which case more power to you. For me it's a no dawg.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:13:56 »
Is there supposed to be a reason for 2 base kits, the only difference is the accent keys... That really doesn't seem to be necessary. Don't you think it would have been smarter to offer the white accents as their own accent kit and just cut the other base kit? You are already offering accent kits too.

Also your legends are ultra hard to see in the renders, the contrast between the base alpha color and the legend color is not going to turn out well IRL.

If you want this for yourself I suggest buying GMK WoB and GMK Signal, then combine the alphas from Signal with the mods from WoB.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:39:21 »
As it has been said, why offer 2 base kits and also 2 accent kits?

Also leyend color doesn't look good in my opinion.

Offline FullCryoPsychochomp

• Will fight for keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:47:40 »
I don't really think the clear caps work well with the theme your going for here but that might just be me. IMO make the blue a lighter color because it's really hard to see. GLWIC I guess.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:49:48 »
5002 on CR you could sell to those of us that love low contrast (I’m one of em), but you aren’t gonna sell double base kits worth of numbers.

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 17:14:57 »
Looks nice but you need to figure out ur kitting. Go with one base kit and one accent kit!

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 17:37:19 »
Kitting is super wonky, accents kits and 2 bases also dont always hit moq.

Not a fan of the clear keys and I think the set needs something else to get that "galaxy" theme across. Whether it be more novelties or a change in colors. (black n blue and current novelties could be better/changed to show galaxy imo)

Best of luck with IC!

Edit: English is hard.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 August 2021, 17:39:08 by LittleAad »

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 17:59:49 »
Will there be a change in cost for the transparent caps? As with everyone else, kitting needs a lil work

Offline Beegstation

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 18:40:58 »
This ain't it chief.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 18:43:50 »
Astroids?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 19:03:06 »
Can legends not be printed on those clear caps?
If you really want to keep those  colorless-clear accent keys, i would reverse the black and white colors- it'll still look at best like "militaristic" space aesthetic (Like The Empire from starwars or maybe The Imperium) but more on the "space" side then the other.

Offline tngpq

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 19:58:17 »
Please tell me this isn't inspired by foamposite galaxies. And what is the point of redundant kitting.

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 21:24:19 »
So which nike shoe are we doing copy right **** on this time?

gmk galaxy... space jams

color way checks out, icy soles -> clear accents

Offline Joe Mama

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 21:25:01 »
Looks pretty good! Just an idea what I think would make it better is to have a translucent keycap for the caps lock? Maybe for those who have a caps lock light feature.

Offline YXXX

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 22:20:28 »
Out of the box for sure but I kind of like the idea

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 01:12:47 »
Kitting isn't good, color combo is questionable, translucent keys look weird and out of place. I recommend taking this back to the drawing board and trying it again, the concept doesn't seem too bad.

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 01:49:53 »

Sorry if the wording above was not clear. I have added an extra line.  Only one base and accent kit option will be offered. The voting will be done via the IC (either translucent base + white accents or white base + translucent accents). I was not sure how maybe people would like the translucent so wanted to use the IC to verify.

For the contrast - I've added a RAL color guide with the GMK caps for reference on color

Can legends not be printed on those clear caps?
If you really want to keep those  colorless-clear accent keys, i would reverse the black and white colors- it'll still look at best like "militaristic" space aesthetic (Like The Empire from starwars or maybe The Imperium) but more on the "space" side then the other.

I asked more experienced keycap designers and they told me I can't do UV printing on the clear caps. thanks for the suggestion though

Kitting is super wonky, accents kits and 2 bases also dont always hit moq.

Not a fan of the clear keys and I think the set needs something else to get that "galaxy" theme across. Whether it be more novelties or a change in colors. (black n blue and current novelties could be better/changed to show galaxy imo)

Best of luck with IC!

Edit: English is hard.

What's the point of the accent kits if you're already offering 2 base kits with different accents?

Will there be a change in cost for the transparent caps? As with everyone else, kitting needs a lil work

5002 on CR you could sell to those of us that love low contrast (I’m one of em), but you aren’t gonna sell double base kits worth of numbers.

As it has been said, why offer 2 base kits and also 2 accent kits?

Also leyend color doesn't look good in my opinion.

I don't really think the clear caps work well with the theme your going for here but that might just be me. IMO make the blue a lighter color because it's really hard to see. GLWIC I guess.

Is there supposed to be a reason for 2 base kits, the only difference is the accent keys... That really doesn't seem to be necessary. Don't you think it would have been smarter to offer the white accents as their own accent kit and just cut the other base kit? You are already offering accent kits too.

Also your legends are ultra hard to see in the renders, the contrast between the base alpha color and the legend color is not going to turn out well IRL.

If you want this for yourself I suggest buying GMK WoB and GMK Signal, then combine the alphas from Signal with the mods from WoB.

Looks nice but you need to figure out ur kitting. Go with one base kit and one accent kit!

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 02:07:21 »
wtf is this???

Offline ad4m

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 02:40:49 »
-I dont normally hate on colorways, but damn. This just looks straight up unreadable on the alphas and ugly when matched with CR and White. Also this is basically a Nike shoe set (again). Please get your kitting together, have only one base kit. I think a major revamp is in place. The colors don't really do it for me and it comes off as low effort considering how wanky it is.

+UK ISO in a GMK base is nice

Offline gleneston

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 08:23:56 »
It’s obvious you put a lot of work into this but the colorway on the alphas just don’t work in my opinion. The translucent adds seem out of place and the kitting is half baked.

Hard pass for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 08:47:18 »
I want the translucent accent keys (and a few more, like caps lock for example) but nothing else.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 17:19:11 »
Looks like olivia, 2/10

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 17:19:45 »
This feels extremely underwhelming and uninspiring given the theme and name of the set.

I would love to help improve this, please pm me.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 19:14:16 »
Clear caps are an interesting touch, but didn't quite land. The way that you're using them makes it look like the base set didn't cover "alternate" layouts, and someone had to use clear caps to fill the gaps... I appreciate the bold choice regardless. Play around with the idea some more -- don't just ditch it

Overall, I think the colorway could use some tuning; the legends are hard to see. Could just be the renders though.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Havattack

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 22:29:47 »
"The black and blue everyone relates to space" This is simply not true. Maybe black, but not blue. When i think of "space" other then black, i think of nebulous purple colors..

And why did you bother to quote me and everyone else, yet not respond to anything we had to say? That is hella annoying. I rather just be ignored..
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 August 2021, 22:32:18 by Havattack »

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 23:46:00 »
I'm sorry you put in all this work and made/commissioned all the nice looking renders, but I have to agree with everyone here that the color choices really aren't so appealing. This WoB with blue legends on alphas look isn't so hot.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 10:44:53 »
And why did you bother to quote me and everyone else, yet not respond to anything we had to say? That is hella annoying. I rather just be ignored..

"I maybe read your response, but wont take the time to respond directly" sigh
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 11:46:09 »
Havattack: Sorry about that. Yours was the one I replied to directly as it wasn't asking about the double base. Just realised I made a mistake in the quote format. it was blended into your  quote instead of showing separately (you can see if it you look closely - sorry again) .

Here it is:
- I asked more experienced keycap designers and they told me I can't do UV printing on the clear caps. thanks for the suggestion though

Adding: regarding your other suggestions: I haven't replied because I'm still taking everyone's valuable feedback and still processing what changes I should make.

"The black and blue everyone relates to space" This is simply not true. Maybe black, but not blue. When i think of "space" other then black, i think of nebulous purple colors..

« Last Edit: Tue, 17 August 2021, 12:22:21 by edwyn »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 13:35:02 »
_ Base kit:
     1/ Please remove the first base kit, keep the second one.
     2/ I suggest replace uk iso keys with basic iso (or terminal iso or usa iso: 1 R3 "\|" key and 1 R4 "<>" key) to lower the cost for all iso users since there are more than 1 iso layout.
     3/ If you want to keep blue, I get it but you have to make it lighter, I suggest using teal or blue-green (or whichever shines the most) for alpha legends to display a more accurate space color.
_ Translucent kit: I think you should keep it and add space bars and some R1 keys perhaps. This is an interesting kit  :thumb:
_ Accent kit: please remove this since it's in base now.
_ Novelty: Please add the 1u R4 pair of UFO (black-white) to R1 since there are more use of R1 1u key than R4, you can keep them as R4 too but please also have them in R1. Please also design novelties for iso enters. Since you're using WS1 and CR, this novelty kit will pair well with every WOB or BOW set. Please see the attachment for better visualization.
_ Space bar kit: Need accent bars (standard and mini) here, I suggest you move all translucent keys to the translucent kit. That kit is a new implementation, let's buyer decide if they want new experience.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:00:28 by nvh2092 »

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:12:35 »
Made sure all replies are formatted correctly:

_ Base kit:
     2/ I suggest replace uk iso keys with basic iso (or terminal iso or usa iso: 1 R3 "\|" key and 1 R4 "<>" key) to lower the cost for all iso users since there are more than 1 iso layout.
     3/ If you want to keep blue, I get it but you have to make it lighter, I suggest using teal or blue-green (or whichever shines the most) for alpha legends to display a more accurate space color.
_ Translucent kit: I think you should keep it and possible add space bar and 4 R1 keys perhaps. This is an interesting kit  :thumb:
_ Novelty: Please add the 1u R4 pair of UFO (black-white) to R1 since there are more use of R1 1u key than R4, you can keep them as R4 too but please also have them in R1. Please also design novelties for iso enters. Since you're using WS1 and CR, this novelty kit will pair well with every WOB or BOW sets. Please see the attachment for better visualization.
_ Space bar kit: Need accent bars (standard and mini) here, I suggest you move all translucent keys to the translucent kit. This kit is a new implementation, let's buyer decide if they want new experience.

Grateful beyond words for the clear and actionable suggestions!  Will be basing my revisions on this. 
What do you think about further lowering the cost and taking out numpad since most boards are 65-75% 

Didn't reply your first question: Will have to get back to you on this. Too early in the process for me to talk to GMK but they do produce these translucent sets for their switch testers so I don't think it should be extra?  (also they are doing less work with no double shot legends)
https://uniqey.net/en/mx-switch-tester?c=11

Kitting isn't good, color combo is questionable, translucent keys look weird and out of place. I recommend taking this back to the drawing board and trying it again, the concept doesn't seem too bad.

Thanks for the encouragement. Working on a overhaul

I want the translucent accent keys (and a few more, like caps lock for example) but nothing else.

You mean you just want a separate translucent kit ?

This feels extremely underwhelming and uninspiring given the theme and name of the set.

Thanks for offering. PM sent

Clear caps are an interesting touch, but didn't quite land. The way that you're using them makes it look like the base set didn't cover "alternate" layouts, and someone had to use clear caps to fill the gaps... I appreciate the bold choice regardless. Play around with the idea some more -- don't just ditch it

Overall, I think the colorway could use some tuning; the legends are hard to see. Could just be the renders though.

Thanks for the encouragement. Renders probably are some issues but I think I will update the legend colors to increase contrast as well.  I think I will make the clear caps an option and not part of base

Thanks for the encouragement. clear will most probably not be in base.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Looks pretty good! Just an idea what I think would make it better is to have a translucent keycap for the caps lock? Maybe for those who have a caps lock light feature.

Thanks for the encouragement!  will consider this in the re-design

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:22:56 »
Made sure all replies are formatted correctly:

_ Base kit:
_ Translucent kit: I think you should keep it and possible add space bar and 4 R1 keys perhaps. This is an interesting kit  :thumb:
_ Novelty: Please add the 1u R4 pair of UFO (black-white) to R1 since there are more use of R1 1u key than R4, you can keep them as R4 too but please also have them in R1. Please also design novelties for iso enters. Since you're using WS1 and CR, this novelty kit will pair well with every WOB or BOW sets. Please see the attachment for better visualization.
_ Space bar kit: Need accent bars (standard and mini) here, I suggest you move all translucent keys to the translucent kit. This kit is a new implementation, let's buyer decide if they want new experience.

Grateful beyond words for the clear and actionable suggestions!  Will be basing my revisions on this. 
What do you think about further lowering the cost and taking out numpad since most boards are 65-75% 

Didn't reply your first question: Will have to get back to you on this. Too early in the process for me to talk to GMK but they do produce these translucent sets for their switch testers so I don't think it should be extra?  (also they are doing less work with no double shot legends)
https://uniqey.net/en/mx-switch-tester?c=11

Thanks for the encouragement. Working on a overhaul

You mean you just want a separate translucent kit ?

Thanks for offering. PM sent

Thanks for the encouragement. Renders probably are some issues but I think I will update the legend colors to increase contrast as well.  I think I will make the clear caps an option and not part of base

Thanks for the encouragement. clear will most probably not be in base.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks for the encouragement!  will consider this in the re-design
I personally don't use numpad so I have no problem with TKL base kit. If you want to go with tkl base, I think you can add full alice support to it. The IC needs revising first. About the alpha legend color, I suggest you also look for purple since it represents space well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 04:50:36 by nvh2092 »

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
Re: [IC] GMK Galaxy - *COLOR OVERHAUL* after feedback
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 17:54:09 »
Based on the valuable feedback from this IC, I have iterated on the colors (increasing contrast) and made some new kitting choices.  Hope this has a better fit.

Thank you everyone that gave feedback.  Especially nvh2092!

Offline Kruster

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 18:08:25 »
Im not going to lie, this looks helps better. Glad you have the ability to accept and listen constructive criticism.  :thumb:

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 18:24:09 »
This looks way better than before but it also looks very similar to WS Kraken
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 19:55:31 by Zetina »

Offline Therien

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 18:43:16 »
Whoa! I think I'm gonna want this.. Alot... This is just what I am looking for.. Please add a nordic kit.. Please.. Please.. 🙏
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 18:47:25 by Therien »

Offline Hans_Luber

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 19:06:02 »
I like the novelties quite a bit. Not a big fan of the translucent caps but that is just my opinion. Overall I think it is quite neat.

Offline linell

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 19:34:37 »
sorry but it kinda looks like WS Kraken now
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 19:37:54 by linell »
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline Hakatype

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 22:07:08 »
I know most people do use a non-number pad layout but was there a cost savings that will be passed on because of it's removal? I will say, glad you took a lot of the other feedback though in the meantime.

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 01:56:41 »
I know most people do use a non-number pad layout but was there a cost savings that will be passed on because of it's removal? I will say, glad you took a lot of the other feedback though in the meantime.

Thanks! Yes there is a cost saving. GMK's kitting cost is based on number of keys and colors used

sorry but it kinda looks like WS Kraken now

Added WS Kraken to the comparison. WS Kraken is also PBT which historically has its issues with color intensity it seems? But some people will probably get the in stock soon and we'll find out if that is still the case

I like the novelties quite a bit. Not a big fan of the translucent caps but that is just my opinion. Overall I think it is quite neat.

Thanks, I will be adding some more novelties. I have moved translucent to a separate kit so buys can make their own choice on it.

This looks way better than before but it also looks very similar to WS Kraken

As mentioned above: Added WS Kraken to the comparison. WS Kraken is also PBT which historically has its issues with color intensity it seems? But some people will probably get the in stock soon and we'll find out if that is still the case

Im not going to lie, this looks helps better. Glad you have the ability to accept and listen constructive criticism.  :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Whoa! I think I'm gonna want this.. Alot... This is just what I am looking for.. Please add a nordic kit.. Please.. Please.. 🙏

Thanks.  I will add the kit to the IC survey

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 14:39:50 »
second b in spacebar for alice support?  ;D

Offline tarokeebs

• TMOv2r2 || Kikuichimonji
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 14:43:51 »
still a bit underwhelmed by this set, but your novelties are very nice!
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 August 2021, 14:46:26 by tarokeebs »

collection: tmov2 | kikuichimonji

Offline edwyn

• CONCEPT & IDEA
Re: [IC] GMK Galaxy - *ALL NEW KITS/RENDERS* after feedback
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 13:38:40 »
Based off feedback I have redone the colors and made new kits and renders (also some new novelties).  Hope this is something people will like

second b in spacebar for alice support?  ;D

Added in base!

still a bit underwhelmed by this set, but your novelties are very nice!

Thanks. Check out the new ones!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 13:52:08 »
Nice rework  :thumb:

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 14:41:50 »
Hi,

The colors mentioned in the RAL book does not really correspond to the renders. The renders are
1. too bright.
2. too noisy.

Hence even stock colors likes the black look way way different in the renders.

Please take your time to set up some good custom studio lightings and try to match the colors as close to the book as possible.
I know not everyone has a color calibrated screen, but try using different screens (desktop and mobile) to figure out differences.

Play with the some denoiser settings and do try to composite in photoshop.

I dont know how much you know but just putting it out there. If you feel that I am saying redundant things, I am sorry. Good luck!