geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Black Friday GPU deals

(1/4) > >>

phinix:
Do you guys think there will be some good gpu deals this Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
I have RTX3070 and play 4K, was thinking to upgrade to 7900XT, but price is too high for me now (£779 in UK).
If it would drop 10-15% I may be pick one...

Never hunted gpu during this period - do deals go down a lot or no?

Maybe wait for 4070 Super to come out?

tp4tissue:
I think America will hit $800-900 on the 79xtx.

Leslieann:
There will be some and I expect most of them will be for AMD.

For Nvidia, don't plan on anything too radical, the margins, especially on later gens is dismal at best which is why EVGA bowed out. You can't really mark down Nvidia cards without losing money so I would expect clearing of old stock and those deals where you buy a GPU and get a "free" motherboard or shady PSU.

phinix:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sun, 29 October 2023, 21:54:55 ---I think America will hit $800-900 on the 79xtx.

--- End quote ---

I wish to have similar drops here i UK. If XTX would be £800, then XT should be £600.

phinix:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sun, 29 October 2023, 22:02:18 ---There will be some and I expect most of them will be for AMD.

For Nvidia, don't plan on anything too radical, the margins, especially on later gens is dismal at best which is why EVGA bowed out. You can't really mark down Nvidia cards without losing money so I would expect clearing of old stock and those deals where you buy a GPU and get a "free" motherboard or shady PSU.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I've been always on green side, but now, when ATI/AMD caught up with things and are on same level as greens in terms of performance, I could jump over the fence.
If I can get more frames per dollar from red card, I'm fine with that.

In terms of performance and technology - are they on same level?
I mean all those DLSS, RT, IQ, temperatures, loudness, drivers stability etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version