geekhack Community > Keyboards

Zealios V2 - opinions

(1/7) > >>

killyou:
Hello. I would like to start a thread on Zealio v2 since it started shipping and some people already received it. Post your thoughts, experiments with different housings, springs etc.

Here is my experience so far with stock Zealio V2 67g:

Positives:

- Almost no wobble, great enhancement versus Zealio v1. I don't think this can get any better
- The sound is a little bit deeper
- Due to the above they feel and sound snappier
- This is subjective but they feel a little bit smoother
- They are a lot more tactile and not everyone might like that. I think version 1 should be revamped (get rid of the wobble, make it smoother) and should remain an option for medium tactility.

Negatives:
- Two switches were dead on arrival (tested 63 out of 70 on my 61 key Pok3r). One of them had a shorter leg and the other one had a shorter, crooked leg and shifted leaf inside
- Tactile bump was moved removing pre-travel but the actuation point unfortunately remained the same. That means you can overcome the tactile bump without activating the switch and you can deactivate the switch while pressed down without going back over the tactile bump.
- Not sure whether that can be categorized as negative, not for everyone perhaps, but the force to overcome the tactile bump has increased significally and that essentially negated the ability to not bottom out the switch.

Other changes:
- No pre-travel in comparison to version 1

All in all it feels premium and the experience is great but very different. Perhaps it should be named differently as this might not be the replacement for Zealio v1 for some people. I for one would welcome R12 of Zealio v1 with the aforementioned less wobble, deeper sound and better smoothness we get with Zealio v2. If you are ordering Zealio v2 consider getting a lighter version than the one you are used to since it feels heavier due to bigger bump.

MonsterZero:
Is there a force graph for these yet?

killyou:

--- Quote from: MonsterZero on Fri, 21 December 2018, 10:42:16 ---Is there a force graph for these yet?

--- End quote ---
I don't think so. Considering there was no official force graph for any of the v1 switches we probably will have to wait for Haata to step up and do it.

MonsterZero:

--- Quote from: killyou on Fri, 21 December 2018, 10:59:04 ---
--- Quote from: MonsterZero on Fri, 21 December 2018, 10:42:16 ---Is there a force graph for these yet?

--- End quote ---
I don't think so. Considering there was no official force graph for any of the v1 switches we probably will have to wait for Haata to step up and do it.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure Manofinterests will make one some day too!

Hypersphere:
I agree it would be good to see force-displacement curves for both v.1 and v.2 switches. I am especially interested in the Zilent switches. I have v.1 67g Zilents in my Tokyo60. I like the switches, but they feel somewhat too light. However, I would be reluctant to go with the next higher value of 78g even in v.1 without more information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version