Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 936046 times)

Offline chron

Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #1800 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 20:16:46 »
Hey metalliqaz, first off thank you for your firmware/keymapper! I just got the QuickFire XT with the Ghost Squid and your firmware made it really easy to dive into.

One issue I am having unfortunately is the keyboard isn't waking the computer from sleep when I press a button like space bar. Not the biggest deal as I can use my mouse, but when I left my computer in sleep mode overnight and woke it up (with my mouse), none of the USB devices (including my mouse) were working afterwards and I was unable to login.

I tried putting my computer asleep just now and woke it up shortly after using the mouse and it worked fine. Hoping this was just some weird anomaly and won't be an everyday occurrence after my pc has been in sleep for extended periods of time.

If there's a way to enable wake from keyboard that would be great too. Thanks again!

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #1801 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 10:14:22 »
I have a GH60 and the default backlight setting works fine, but the LEDs are straight on the pins whereas I guess the Satan has a transistor - not too sure what difference that makes, will have to have a look at the config and a pic to check.

If you download the .zip from github in firmware/source there are two files called led.c and .h, having opened both it's pretty obvious how to remove the modes you don't want so I'll let you work that out.

Changing it to glow when a key is pressed (will be whole board not just that key) rather than get dimmer shouldn't be too hard, the function names are clear so have a look and try and work it out.

I opened up the two LED files and I can see some lines of code with the backlight modes but I haven't got a clue what to do with it!

Is it really so hard to cycle through 5 modes?

No it's not hard but it would be nice to be able to select which modes you want, instead of all or nothing. But I figured if I only set BL Enable and BL Dimmer but no BL Mode, this will let me turn backlight on/off and change the brightness with BL Dimmer.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1802 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 14:50:39 »
The "All keys" layout is confirmed as all working, the only strangeness is that if you use a 1u-1.75u right shift split the keys are swapped compared to their matrix positions, so by default FN is inside shift.  It's a hardware issue but worth noting if anyone queries it.
What did you do to make the right shift work with the FN key on the extreme right? Did you just swap them inside EasyAVR?
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1803 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 15:11:54 »
The "All keys" layout is confirmed as all working, the only strangeness is that if you use a 1u-1.75u right shift split the keys are swapped compared to their matrix positions, so by default FN is inside shift.  It's a hardware issue but worth noting if anyone queries it.
What did you do to make the right shift work with the FN key on the extreme right? Did you just swap them inside EasyAVR?

Yeah I just know to swap them, you could copy the config file to your boards directory and swap it in there if it bothers you.  It's good to find a fellow jumbo sized FN fan :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1804 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 16:52:57 »

Yeah I just know to swap them, you could copy the config file to your boards directory and swap it in there if it bothers you.  It's good to find a fellow jumbo sized FN fan :))
Haha yeah, I'm just planning ahead (I haven't started soldering yet). I uploaded the firmware, tested with a pin and it registered as right shift so I came searching here ;D
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1805 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 08:38:31 »

Haha yeah, I'm just planning ahead (I haven't started soldering yet). I uploaded the firmware, tested with a pin and it registered as right shift so I came searching here ;D
Thank you, it works!
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1806 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 05:31:52 »
Hey, I'm having an odd issue with the numpad scancodes.

I have set some keys to represent a numpad on my 60% and they are set to the HID_KEYBOARD_SC_KEYPAD_3_AND_PAGE_DOWN for example, yet in Windows they act as if they are the number keys. I tried Aquakeytest and it doesn't recognize the keys as the numpad keys. Num lock does change those keys to arrows, page dn and whatnot but they are still not recognized as actual numpad keys but the regular arrows, page up etc.

This prevents me from writing the Alt+scancode special characters.

Offline TheGlow

« Reply #1807 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 09:12:57 »
hey metalliqaz, slight update.
I was trying to tweak my debounce and matrix wait times.
So debounce 20, matrix wait 60 still had the doubles and delayed hits.
Worked matrix up to 80, now I'm at 100 and the typos have dropped drastically.
It's been over a week now I believe and Im getting 0-3 typos a day.
Also the letter H and spaces would be the most typoed. I haven't had a single H yet. Space is a bit random still.

Again I am a bit puzzled as it must be tied into the way I type somehow.
At home on my razer blackwidow cherry mx blues I get some of the typos as well. But if so I think its only rare cases like letter a coming one more time later.
Hey guys, are settings supposed to reset if its disconnected for a while?
I brought my Keyboard home on Wednesday for the weekend and cleaned the keycaps.
I connected it back yesterday after it being offline 5 and say my typos increase, lots of double h's again.
I just checked and my debounce and matrix wait were back to default settings.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1808 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 12:45:36 »

I have set some keys to represent a numpad on my 60% and they are set to the HID_KEYBOARD_SC_KEYPAD_3_AND_PAGE_DOWN for example, yet in Windows they act as if they are the number keys. I tried Aquakeytest and it doesn't recognize the keys as the numpad keys. Num lock does change those keys to arrows, page dn and whatnot but they are still not recognized as actual numpad keys but the regular arrows, page up etc.

What board is this on? Sounds like it's something to do with the virtual numberpad setting which is on by default on 60% boards.  Try assigning a key to CONFIG and press it in a text editor to turn it off.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1809 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 04:41:28 »

What board is this on? Sounds like it's something to do with the virtual numberpad setting which is on by default on 60% boards.  Try assigning a key to CONFIG and press it in a text editor to turn it off.

It's the Satan GH60. I was able to fix the issue by changing the unlink num lock option from the config menu. Otherwise it will always output just regular number keys which is a bit confusing.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1810 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 09:30:11 »
I loved this application, but sadly I cannot get it to run anymore. I had to do a fresh install of windows on my machine, and since then it will not run.

I have the most recent DirectX.

I was getting an issue where my system was missing the msvcr100.dll file.
I tried to dl and replace the file and now I just get a "0xc000007b" unable to start issue.

I know this is an issue with my system, and not the software. Just thought id throw it up there for you guys to take a look at.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1811 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:24:48 »
I loved this application, but sadly I cannot get it to run anymore. I had to do a fresh install of windows on my machine, and since then it will not run.

I tried to dl and replace the file and now I just get a "0xc000007b" unable to start issue.

I know this is an issue with my system, and not the software. Just thought id throw it up there for you guys to take a look at.

While it's good to know you're ready to game EasyAVR is not written in DirectX, so that won't help :))

First suggestion would be to (re)install the VCC 2010 runtime which contains the previously missing dll.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1812 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:37:37 »

While it's good to know you're ready to game EasyAVR is not written in DirectX, so that won't help :))

First suggestion would be to (re)install the VCC 2010 runtime which contains the previously missing dll.

Lol, when I looked up the error code, it said that directx could be an issue, and it wasnt in a gaming forum!

thanks naranja.
Im gonna look into it when i have a few minutes.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1813 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 10:51:29 »

didnt seem to do the trick.

maybe its because I attempted to drop in the missing file manually.
sigh.

Offline Wazazaby

« Reply #1814 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 05:19:06 »
Thanks for the firware, super easy to use for a noob like me, helped me program my JD40 like I wanted, perfect!!

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1815 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 09:11:44 »
Anyone got the caps lock LED working on the GH60 rev. C?
Tested the LED on the PCB directly and it works. The switch works too but the LED doesn't light up.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1816 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 11:14:11 »
Anyone got the caps lock LED working on the GH60 rev. C?
Tested the LED on the PCB directly and it works. The switch works too but the LED doesn't light up.
Forgot to solder in the resistor. Now it works.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline vincentalpha

« Reply #1817 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 11:20:29 »
Guys, please help, I need to find driver for the Kitten Paw controller.
I ordered a Kitten Paw for my Filco, and installed the board. After installing and plugging in, the keyboard works fine like a normal keyboard. I downloaded the program and created the hex file. Before opening up FLIP, the software doesn't recognise the controller. I try do some Google Seach and recognised that the driver has not yet been installed properly. I tried windows update and do everything in the device manager to make sure Windows trying to find the latest driver, but windows doesnt find any update whatsoever.
Can you please direct me to the driver for these custom controller?
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Thanks.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1818 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 12:46:22 »
I ordered a Kitten Paw for my Filco, and installed the board. After installing and plugging in, the keyboard works fine like a normal keyboard. I downloaded the program and created the hex file. Before opening up FLIP, the software doesn't recognise the controller. I try do some Google Seach and recognised that the driver has not yet been installed properly. I tried windows update and do everything in the device manager to make sure Windows trying to find the latest driver, but windows doesnt find any update whatsoever.
Thanks.
Follow the instructions given for using Amtel Flip from this PDF; http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc7769.pdf This should help you get it working.

Offline vincentalpha

« Reply #1819 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 07:56:41 »
Thanks.
Follow the instructions given for using Amtel Flip from this PDF; http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc7769.pdf This should help you get it working.

Thanks Im able to install the driver and chose the right controler but FLIP can't access my controller via usb yet. Here's the screen shot, can you please help me to trouble shoot?
Thanks.
139245-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 June 2016, 07:59:31 by vincentalpha »

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1820 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 10:32:07 »
Thanks.

Thanks Im able to install the driver and chose the right controler but FLIP can't access my controller via usb yet. Here's the screen shot, can you please help me to trouble shoot?
Thanks.
(Attachment Link)
Verify that your in the bootloader mode and try again. I have had to quit and restart Flip a time or two to open the USB port. I usually put my keyboard in bootloader mode before I open Flip and have no problem with it. 

Offline vincentalpha

« Reply #1821 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 12:18:37 »
Verify that your in the bootloader mode and try again. I have had to quit and restart Flip a time or two to open the USB port. I usually put my keyboard in bootloader mode before I open Flip and have no problem with it.
Thanks, it's what I am missing. I haven't put the keyboard into bootloader mode yet.
So my problem is not on how to flash the firmware.
Sorry for many stupid questions, I am new into this programable keyboard and bought this controller as a tryout.

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #1822 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 06:34:04 »
I looked through this thread and couldn't find any updates on RGB support. I've got the GH60 Satan with an RGB strip on the bottom. I believe it's soldered to PE2 on the atmega32u4 and the VCC and GND on the PCB itself. I really want to use this to set everything up but I want that RGB strip to work too

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #1823 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 08:05:43 »
I have a request to make the firmware compatible with the techKeys 6keyboard. Its an ATmega16U2 as far as I can tell. Anything I can do to help make this happen?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1824 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:05:20 »
I have a request to make the firmware compatible with the techKeys 6keyboard. Its an ATmega16U2 as far as I can tell. Anything I can do to help make this happen?

Should be easy, can you post some nice pics of both sides with the light and angle setup so the traces on the board are visible in the shine?  Would be easier if there were no switches but I guess it's too late for that...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #1825 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:38:39 »

Should be easy, can you post some nice pics of both sides with the light and angle setup so the traces on the board are visible in the shine?  Would be easier if there were no switches but I guess it's too late for that...

Thanks suicidal. It's hard to see the traces in the stock photo from techkeys, but maybe that's better than with switches. I will shoot the back side when I get off work.

PCB

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1826 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:50:11 »
Wow that looks busy, and very double sided - I guess with so few switches it has no diodes and individually addressable LEDs... Not so easy but hopefully the back is helpful.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ArchieTect

« Reply #1827 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:40:26 »
Wow that looks busy, and very double sided - I guess with so few switches it has no diodes and individually addressable LEDs... Not so easy but hopefully the back is helpful.

I made a mistake. That's the side opposite the keys. Here's the side facing the keys:

Indeed it is very double sided. I can't even tell where the traces for the keys go. This might be more involved than its worth. It doesn't have a Teensy style push-button so I'm not sure how to even get it into boot mode probably have to short some of the pads, but I'm not experienced enough to know which.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:43:55 by ArchieTect »

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #1828 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 07:24:11 »
Help! my keyboard moves the mouse up and to the left and it cant type
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2016, 08:20:12 by dragonpower2000 »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #1829 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:14:52 »
Awesome, You are quite the hero in my book.
So after all my trials and tribulations with the Moist60 AEK board, I took the rest and turned it to a cool little compact pad for work and data entry.

Show Image

Show Image

I took the info you just gave me and my learned knowledge from flailing around in EasyAVR to make this up

Show Image

Success on my first try!
Thanks for being so attentive ans helpful!

Now to switch the slash and asterisk caps, and make some macros.

neat project. did you ever finish the case? or was this just a prototype test sort of project?
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1830 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:44:00 »
So after all my trials and tribulations with the Moist60 AEK board, I took the rest and turned it to a cool little compact pad for work and data entry.

Show Image

Show Image

I took the info you just gave me and my learned knowledge from flailing around in EasyAVR to make this up

Show Image

Success on my first try!

neat project. did you ever finish the case? or was this just a prototype test sort of project?
Never did get around to a case.  It's bolted at a high angle to a piece of sanded plywood.  Completely stable, just shows off the guts =)

Sent from my local payphone

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #1831 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:45:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Success on my first try!

Never did get around to a case.  It's bolted at a high angle to a piece of sanded plywood.  Completely stable, just shows off the guts =)

nice! is it hand wired? pic?
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1832 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:46:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Success on my first try!

Yep hardwired with some cable I had lying around.  I'll see if I have anything on my phone.  I'm in the car heading to vacation.  So if not I'll post it when I get back

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #1833 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:47:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Success on my first try!

Yep hardwired with some cable I had lying around.  I'll see if I have anything on my phone.  I'm in the car heading to vacation.  So if not I'll post it when I get back

nice. have a good va ca Bro  :thumb:
Projects

Offline a-c

« Reply #1834 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:00:42 »
Pinout here: https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboard/sixkeyboard

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1835 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 05:01:20 »
Pinout here: https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboard/sixkeyboard

Thanks, that's a lot easier than following traces in the darkness!

I'll PM ArchieTect but if anyone else sees this first feel free to test the attached - you need to put the files in /home/username/.EasyAVR on Linux or c:\users\username\.EasyAVR on Windows then they will show up next time you run EasyAVR.  I think one of them will spam all the keys so you probably want to close your music player before testing :))
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 05:43:24 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1836 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 22:12:17 »
Hey guys I've been on a bit of a "Vacation" from Geekhack.  Doom and summer fun and all that.  I'm trying to get back to it now.  I'll read through the thread and answer what I missed.  Looks like there have been questions about the 6keyboard.  I actually bought one with the intention of porting the firmware, but I didn't get to it yet and it looks like it may already be done.  I recently finished off my second Sigma board.  Not sure how much longer I'll stay around before my "retirement", but for the time being I'm still around.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1837 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 10:09:49 »
Will you finish implementing the KC60?

Offline Data

« Reply #1838 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:28:25 »
Thank you for including the Atomic layout recently.  It was a huge help for me, as I was NOT looking forward to compiling my own QMK.

Offline tedk

« Reply #1839 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 15:06:04 »
Can i help to revive hope for the Nerd60? Just finished my build and im... uuhh... not happy with the original GUI ;)
My satan, pegasus hoof and frosty flake running are running very well with the easyavr tool

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1840 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:15:47 »
Can i help to revive hope for the Nerd60? Just finished my build and im... uuhh... not happy with the original GUI ;)
My satan, pegasus hoof and frosty flake running are running very well with the easyavr tool

If you want EasyAVR on your gon you'll need to replace the bootloader as detailed in DanielT's guide - still interested?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tedk

« Reply #1841 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:40:50 »

If you want EasyAVR on your gon you'll need to replace the bootloader as detailed in DanielT's guide - still interested?

read through the articles and just bought the controller, so yeah, sure!

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1842 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 16:16:20 »
Having trouble with media keys (prev/next track, vol down, vol up, mute), they just don't seem to do anything in Windows 10. Tried them in various programs from Windows Media Player to foobar2k and Spotify. No response and even tried reflashing the firmware.

Any ideas how I could get these to work? They would allow decent volume control for my active monitors without having to buy some expensive volume control device for them as my audio interface has no physical knobs for that.

Offline Data

« Reply #1843 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 06:52:54 »
The scan codes haven't changed for Win10.  If the keyboard is still sending the right scan codes then the OS should be processing them.  Have you tested it on another system?  Microsoft also has a test applet specifically for media keys here:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124717(v=vs.85).aspx

Offline kasakka

« Reply #1844 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 06:56:56 »
The scan codes haven't changed for Win10.  If the keyboard is still sending the right scan codes then the OS should be processing them.  Have you tested it on another system?  Microsoft also has a test applet specifically for media keys here:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124717(v=vs.85).aspx

Got it solved by going to keyboard config and changing the basic keyboard setting.

Offline tedk

« Reply #1845 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 06:10:39 »

Controller is here, i can successfully read data from the controller

Code: [Select]
avrdude -p m32u4  -c usbasp -U flash:r:/tmp/dump1.hex:i -P /dev/USBasp
vrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading |                                                    | 0% 0.00s
Reading | #################                                  | 33% 0.01s
Reading | #################################                  | 66% 0.02s
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9587
avrdude: reading flash memory:

Reading |                                                    | 0% 0.00s
Reading | #                                                  | 1% 1.87s
Reading | #                                                  | 2% 3.72s
Reading | ##                                                 | 3% 4.95s
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 158.28s

avrdude: writing output file "/tmp/dump1.hex"

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (E:C3, H:D8, L:DF)

avrdude done.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2016, 06:12:45 by tedk »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1846 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 06:18:54 »
Ooh nice!  I made the config but it wouldn't compile (syntax error so I a missed , somewhere or something equally stupid and hard to spot) - will have another look now with fresh eyes.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1847 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 06:55:25 »
OK, it compiles.  You should know that this may not work first time but if you're willing to have a non/partially functioning board try the attached - should be standard ANSI, but I see you're in Germany so that's probably not a good start :))

I'll be around on and off all afternoon so hopefully we can get it working by then.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 July 2016, 18:20:01 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tedk

« Reply #1848 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 10:45:27 »
OK, it compiles.  You should know that this may not work first time but if you're willing to have a non/partially functioning board try the attached - should be standard ANSI, but I see you're in Germany so that's probably not a good start :))

I'll be around on and off all afternoon so hopefully we can get it working by then.

as long as i dont end up with a bricked (final) keyboard, i dont care :) i start flashing the bootloader and your hexfile (yeah, i know, some keys may not work bc of iso<>ansi) in about an hour.

FYI: my version of the iso nerd60 has a 1.25 left shift and a hhkb style right shift (1.75+1), as well as 2*1 instead of 1*2 backspace. bottom row is 1.25*3 -  6.25 - 1.25*4
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2016, 12:00:40 by tedk »

Offline tedk

« Reply #1849 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 12:25:30 »

ok, "bad" news: flashed the atmel bootloader, worked. after connecting the the keyboard to the debian machine via usb, it was recognised in DFU mode:

[260693.055358] usb 4-1: new full-speed USB device number 8 using ohci-pci
[260693.238327] usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=03eb, idProduct=2ff4
[260693.245165] usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[260693.252473] usb 4-1: Product: ATm32U4DFU
[260693.256513] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: ATMEL
[260693.260548] usb 4-1: SerialNumber: 1.0.0

After connecting the nerd60 to the windows machine, it got recognised as ATmega32U4 ... (DFU...).
Then i used FLIP on my windows 7 machine to flash nerd.hex to the controller. I unchecked the button "reset" (fuses...) next to the "start application" button. after hitting the button, the nerd became a "unknown device" :-)