Author Topic: [GB] GMK Monochrome  (Read 51482 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [GB] GMK Monochrome
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 07:41:43 »
Definitely grabbing a base set on payday! Thanks for the update on numbers.

I already bought a set. This set is dope.

I picked up 2 sets as this kit is awesome

Thinking about picking up 2 as well. It's just so good!

Bought in for two sets... Hopefully can help to MOQ :thumb:

Fuuuuuuck, my pockets are empty.

If I scrap the bottom of my drawers, I might be able to find some money to throw at this  :-\

Thanks a lot for the support guys! It is very much appreciated!

Any update on MOQ? :'(

Hopefully the figures I have gone up as a few more weeks have passed. Really hoping this one goes through as it’s one of the best sets I have seen!

yeah would be nice to see the current sales figures since there's only 11 days left.

cheers!

I would love to give them to you, I unfortunately don't have them, we are still waiting on Kono's updated numbers. I am hoping to get them in before the end of the day and post an update here, on KT and on Reddit. I can already confirm you guys that every vendors plans on buying extra sets :)

Would you be able to post on other platforms (Reddit, Instagram, ECT.) to spread the word on the set? Let's reach MOQ!
I'm doing what I can on IG (@jonathanservranckx), although I don't have many followers there haha. I know KONO and Mykeyboard.eu are doing the same :) I am planning an update for Reddit tonight :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:18:32 »

What's up everyone!

Here is a quick update as we are at the 2/3 mark:
  • Base Kit - 79/150
  • Extras Kit - 26/150100 (I'm currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ even more)
  • Rama - 71/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

So, yes, we still need a big push on the core kit MOQ; that said, every vendor confirmed they would buy extras to help us reach MOQ. We will extend the GB period if need be to make sure this gets made but if you want a kit, don't wait until the end, show your support and hop in! We are committed to make it happen.

Offline lucar

• BIT SPLITS
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 06:02:59 »
Hello,

I'm interested in this set  that I would take through MyKeyboard   , I have some questions:

What kind of keycap profile is that?

Double shot, dyesub.. abs, pbt what?

Does the extras kit include one 2.25u spacebar and one 2.75u spacebar (I'm in for a split keyboard) ?

Thank You
Regards
Luca

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 07:08:15 »
Hello,

I'm interested in this set  that I would take through MyKeyboard   , I have some questions:

Does the extras kit include one 2.25u spacebar and one 2.75u spacebar (I'm in for a split keyboard) ?

Thank You
Regards
Luca

Like all GMK sets, this is doubleshot ABS.  The extras kit does appear to have spacebars for split - I can't say for sure they're 2.25 and 2.75 but it's highly likely - they look the correct size in the render.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 08:40:50 »
Hello,

Thank You
Regards
Luca

Like all GMK sets, this is doubleshot ABS.  The extras kit does appear to have spacebars for split - I can't say for sure they're 2.25 and 2.75 but it's highly likely - they look the correct size in the render.

Everything here is correct and the split spacebars in the extras kit are 2.00u, 2.25u, and 2.75u. Also, It is cherry profile.  :thumb:
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline lucar

• BIT SPLITS
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:59:41 »
Hello,

Thank You
Regards
Luca

Everything here is correct and the split spacebars in the extras kit are 2.00u, 2.25u, and 2.75u. Also, It is cherry profile.  :thumb:

Thank You guys! I'm in!! I'll place my order tomorrow.

Cheers
Luca

Offline Champalan

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 23:59:44 »
Getting close to the end. Hopefully we can make it!

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 02:07:50 »
Getting close to the end. Hopefully we can make it!

They're extending it.. see a few posts up.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 20:54:16 »
Hi everyone,

We're extending this buy to run until October the 15th. Hopefully this can help get us to MoQ.

Offline leece3

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 07:55:59 »
Just ordered mine! As I got one of the last GMK Pristine sets on zfrontier's site, and it is sold out now, I am sure they would sell any remaining Monochrome sets sooner than later - easily.

Despite having already ordered, and having seen the single WS2 key on a photo, still is there any keyset out there, that used that color code already? Would be still nice to have some other comparison, otherwise still a little bit risky.. Lots of WS1 kits out there, which already looks gorgous.

Besides, just got the ePBT BoW set, and actually not very happy with it. Hoping the GMK set will look much more high class, as they do normally. Love my Pristine set in comparison, but not really white, thought that is not the point of that set.. Seems most of the writing here, I should have put to the GMK Paper IC, which I certainly plan to join later on as well..

In case you forgot the question, any existing sets ever used WS2 before? Haven't seen anything in this thread or anywhere else.. I am willing to be the guinea pick, but it would reduce the suspension a lot...

Offline online

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 09:31:10 »
What is the expected shippment date for RAMA X/O cap?

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:53:26 »
Hi everyone,

We're extending this buy to run until October the 15th. Hopefully this can help get us to MoQ.

Really good to hear! I'm really counting on this kit running.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:59:20 »
In case you forgot the question, any existing sets ever used WS2 before?

No, GMK Monochrome is the first set to actually use the color.

Offline umalip

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 07:28:39 »
So, has this GB been extended?  It wasn't officially announced that it was extended, it stated, "...if need be".  Did we hit MOQ?

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 08:08:39 »
Hi everyone,

it has been extended and said here.
TGR Jane V2

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 10:39:29 »
So, has this GB been extended?  It wasn't officially announced that it was extended, it stated, "...if need be".  Did we hit MOQ?

jeez...  5 posts above yours man

Offline umalip

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 10:56:33 »

you're absolutely right, my bad, wasn't looking...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 11:46:48 »

you're absolutely right, my bad, wasn't looking...

This was indeed said but you are right in the sense that I should have had updated the OP; I just have had so much to do at work and didn't find the time to do so.

Now, as an official statement and as some of you may have seen, we are extending the GB period for a couple of weeks to try and hit MOQ. I would love to give you an updated sale number but... we are still waiting on Kono's numbers (I should make a meme out of that)

Here are the last updated numbers (10/01) - Might not be the exact final numbers as Kono might need to update us once more, but I assume this is pretty close:

• Base Kit - 92/150
  • Extras Kit - 32/150100 (I'm currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ even more)
  • Rama - 92/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

Alright, with that out of the way, I wanted to thank everyone that joined the GB and thanks to all of those who will join the GB and make this happen!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2018, 11:53:57 by JSaintS »

Offline duckboi

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 20:40:47 »
Hi, just a quick update to the most recent numbers:

Base Kit: 102/150
Extras Kit: 35/100

We have 2 more weeks so let's try to continue this all the way through to hit MoQ!

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 07:10:41 »
Already joined for one, but will the set go through still if we are shy of MOQ?

Hate to see this set fail
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline leece3

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 10:09:43 »
In case you forgot the question, any existing sets ever used WS2 before?

No, GMK Monochrome is the first set to actually use the color.

Oki.. This will be the last set with brand new (untested) colors I join (renders are great for selling, terrible for buying - single example keys don't count either), but in this case no problem, IMHO there is only minimal risk with white..:

a) The mods should be fine anyway, and the alphas could be taken from any WS1 set.. like GMK Olivia (which has the unproven rose), GMK Paper..
b) GMK ABS is said to be yellowing anyway, not:)))... so worst case we put the set a little bit into the sun or in the oven if it turns out to be TOO bleaching shiny white..

So bring it on...!

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 04:09:47 »
How are we doing on this? Are we gonna hit MOQ on the base kit?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 04:16:10 »

All jokes aside, I will be able to give you an exact update on base kits sold BUT we are talking to GMK to get this set in production no matter how "far" we are from the MOQ (those discussions are going well, as far as I'm concerned, the set will be produced).

That said, the closer we get to the 150 mark, the better it is, so please guys, if you were holding off by fear of not seing the set hitting MOQ, please join. The set will be produced ;)

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 05:58:24 »

Show Image

All jokes aside, I will be able to give you an exact update on base kits sold BUT we are talking to GMK to get this set in production no matter how "far" we are from the MOQ (those discussions are going well, as far as I'm concerned, the set will be produced).

That said, the closer we get to the 150 mark, the better it is, so please guys, if you were holding off by fear of not seing the set hitting MOQ, please join. The set will be produced ;)

Just out of curiousity ... what's in it for GMK to produce this anyway? I get that vendors might want to make sets happen anyway but GMK's reason I'm struggling with. Why have a MOQ if it is debatable?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 06:04:57 »

Show Image

Just out of curiousity ... what's in it for GMK to produce this anyway? I get that vendors might want to make sets happen anyway but GMK's reason I'm struggling with. Why have a MOQ if it is debatable?

That is a question for GMK unfortunately, I can't answer for them. I would have said advertising but it's not like they need it anyway. Those are pretty basic colors though, which is maybe why they would still produce it if we didn't hit the150 MOQ.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time GMK lowered they MOQ to produce a set that didn't hit it, so who knows :-)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 07:05:50 »

Show Image

From a business aspect, GMK stand to make more money if they "bend" the MOQ slightly to run a set than they do if they deny it for being shy. Additionally, it looks pretty good on them when a set is successful rather than it failing. And with those vendors/designers that frequently run sets through them, they know that more sets that succeed mean more sets that continue to be run through them.

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 13:26:35 »

Show Image

From a business aspect, GMK stand to make more money if they "bend" the MOQ slightly to run a set than they do if they deny it for being shy. Additionally, it looks pretty good on them when a set is successful rather than it failing. And with those vendors/designers that frequently run sets through them, they know that more sets that succeed mean more sets that continue to be run through them.

tnx for clearing that up!

Offline duckboi

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 09:12:32 »
Hey everyone!

Wanted to give you all an update as we are closing in on the end of the group buy.

Core kit 114/150 (BASE KIT GOING THROUGH!)
Extra kit 40/100
Rama 121/50

Despite being a bit behind on MoQ, GMK said that they would make this our base kit happen! We will still need to see about the extras, those are not confirmed to go through yet.

Thanks everyone for sticking with us, I hope that soon enough we will have our hands on sets of GMK Monochrome!  ;D ;D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 02:41:08 »
Hey everyone!

Wanted to give you all an update as we are closing in on the end of the group buy.

Extra kit 40/100
Rama 121/50

Despite being a bit behind on MoQ, GMK said that they would make this our base kit happen! We will still need to see about the extras, those are not confirmed to go through yet.

Thanks everyone for sticking with us, I hope that soon enough we will have our hands on sets of GMK Monochrome!  ;D ;D
nice

That's great

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 13:22:28 »
Why is this so much more expensive for US?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 14:03:08 »
Why is this so much more expensive for US?

It isn't "much more expensive, is it? Europeans pay the exact same price, and if you order off of zFrontier, it will set you back $155 shipping included; same goes for Kono with the first shipping option. What are you refering to?

Offline lucar

• BIT SPLITS
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 09:51:17 »
Hey everyone!

Extra kit 40/100
Rama 121/50

I hope You guys make the right calculations because I ordered one base kit and one extra kit. Without the extra kit I can't build my keyboard so no extra kit = no base kit ...

Luca

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 09:59:09 »
Our calculation are correct, after the latest update and counting the extra vendors will get, we are around or passed 150 on the core kit. For the extra kit though, that's another story. After discussing it with GMK this morning, we needed 30-ish orders for the extra kit to be produced, and truth be told, that's a lot. Vendors are getting some, but I can't make any promises on that one (doing my best though!).

Also, thanks for your support! This means the world to us!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 15:07:54 »
Update

Here are the updated numbers:

• Base Kit - 150+
  • Extras Kit - We need to reach at least 75 orders, we are not far but a little more help would be appreciated!
  • Rama - 104/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

Raffle and Giveaway

The original plan was to raffle the Alpha Keycaps Jedi Blink between GB participants, unfortunately this proves to be a bit tricky due to the personal data protection laws. So, here is what is going to happen:

• Kono is going to organize a giveaway in which you can win 1 Core kit, 1 Extra Kit and 1 Jedi Blinker. If you want to learn more, head over to https://kono.store/pages/giveaways]Kono's giveaway page!! The Giveaway will be opened for 2 weeks!
  • We are holding a raffle (form will open in roughly 2 hours) for the monochrome Jedi Blinker. The form will stay open for 24h to give everyone the opportunity to join. Invoice will go out on as soon as possible, but I work full time so this might take up to 12h before the 10 invoices go out (all invoices will go out at once). After that, you will have 24h to pay. If there is a problem, please let me know as soon as possible. Should your invoice not be paid after those 24h, I will cancel it and the artisan will be reraffled. Head over to the Google form for a chance to win :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 07:45:35 »
It's happening!!! I just got confirmation from GMK, both the Core kit (171/150) and the Extra kit (76/100) will be produced!

Thank you to everyone who joined the GB, trusted in the set and us and that helped us reach MOQ!

Offline duckboi

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 08:56:50 »
It's happening!!! I just got confirmation from GMK, both the Core kit (171/150) and the Extra kit (76/100) will be produced!

Thank you to everyone who joined the GB, trusted in the set and us and that helped us reach MOQ!

Thank you everyone who helped us make this happen!  ;D ;D

Offline online

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 05:44:36 »
what's the estimated shipment date for RAMA caps?

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 05:55:13 »

Great news!

Offline catamscott

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 17:28:06 »
i feel so spoiled, got invoices for both the modern dolch shishi and now the monochrome jedi blinker ;D can't wait to finally get this set!

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 15:21:34 »
Did the price go up?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 15:37:35 »
Did the price go up?

It did not, why?

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 16:04:09 »
Did the price go up?

It did not, why?

$144.99   it shows that on the front page and 160 on the kono

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 16:08:24 »
Ah, i see what you are talking about. The GB has ended, what kono is now selling is the extras they bought. Those are indeed more expensive than the GB Price.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 16:17:34 »
Ah, i see what you are talking about. The GB has ended, what kono is now selling is the extras they bought. Those are indeed more expensive than the GB Price.

can you ask GMK to order 1 more it only ended two days ago?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 16:24:58 »

can you ask GMK to order 1 more it only ended two days ago?

I wish I could help but even my order had to go trough oke of the vendors; I'm afraid I can't help you :(

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 01:31:24 »
Ah, the "You Missed the GB" tax.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 01:43:34 »
what's the estimated shipment date for RAMA caps?
This.

Offline tronix_41

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 06:21:35 »
just arrived, thank u!

Offline duckboi

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 14:48:53 »
Hey everyone,

Just a little update as to whats going on - GMK has been paid so we are just waiting for it to be made. Estimated to be done sometime in February.

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 08:37:22 »
Nice !

Thanks for the update :)