Author Topic: WHY is the HHKB superior?  (Read 50334 times)

Offline Hypersphere

Re: WHY is the HHKB superior?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:30:37 »
Of course the HHKB is what it is. If they tried to make it 75% or TKL, for example, it would no longer be the HHKB. The HHKB is 60%, but the typing area is standard -- the same size and key spacing as found on a full-size board. Naturally not everyone will like the HHKB, although those who do appreciate its form factor, design, and layout, which is intuitive and efficient for those who like it. It is good that there are so many good choices of keyboards available for all tastes and budgets!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 11:02:32 »
The layout is superior. It's probably the definitive keyboard layout for me. Just perfect for a 60% keyboard.

Here's a Rev.B GH60 in a Titan colored Hammer alu case, with Nostalgia keycaps...

I even built a Phantom with a HHKB layout for the 60% portion...

I prefer MX switches to Topre, though. Except at work, when I want to type quietly. Then I use an actual HHKB. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline osi

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 11:19:41 »
I also don't really like how symmetrical it is.

Madness

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 01:44:05 »
I also don't really like how symmetrical it is.

Madness

Exactly, Madness!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 02:49:45 »
Small form factor, desk space is REAL estate for me. /pic of my desk/
And that location of control is gold.

jdcape, nice GH60.
Oh, no palm keys? Ill try PALM KEY as Fn when I get mine :D

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 19:41:21 »
its not
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 19:42:22 »
It is.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 12:15:53 »
hello, im thinking of getting HHKB Pro 2, sometime next month, and i have question that bothered me (but i think it's not necessary to create a new thread), i use linux and mainly use my keyboard to write code (mostly with Sublime text and vim), so i usually remap the esc key with caps lock key on my filco TKL. well, in HHKB layout the caps lock key is replaced with control key! how do i get around with this? if i remap the esc key with control key, that would be unconfortable for me to use ctrl+[some key].

and how the DIP switch do?

thanks.

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 13:08:37 »
hello, im thinking of getting HHKB Pro 2, sometime next month, and i have question that bothered me (but i think it's not necessary to create a new thread), i use linux and mainly use my keyboard to write code (mostly with Sublime text and vim), so i usually remap the esc key with caps lock key on my filco TKL. well, in HHKB layout the caps lock key is replaced with control key! how do i get around with this? if i remap the esc key with control key, that would be unconfortable for me to use ctrl+[some key].

thanks.

Well.. I'm defo not qualified to answer your question properly, but it's worth noting (unless you alrdy know) that the ESC is already placed in such a way that it's easier to reach than "normal" (it's one row lower). So mby it wont be necessary to move it? Bear in mind I got no clue how those programs work though.. :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 20:37:35 »
The layout is superior. It's probably the definitive keyboard layout for me. Just perfect for a 60% keyboard.

Here's a Rev.B GH60 in a Titan colored Hammer alu case, with Nostalgia keycaps...

Show Image

Show Image

I prefer MX switches to Topre, though. Except at work, when I want to type quietly. Then I use an actual HHKB. :)

It is clear you like the HH layout, but it is a little hard to understand what is the justification to waste the two keys that are already available in the PCB.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:04:09 »
HHKB layout sucks

I could never get used to it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:17:57 »
The leopold is definitely an interesting board.. the thing is that the asymmetry bothers me a lot :))
I've had the chance to buy the HHKBPro 2 for about 280$ as of right now.. I decided not to buy it just yet though!
Asymmetry is in vogue. Maximum feng shui.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 09:15:20 »

thanks.

You can use xcape or custom firmware to make the control key act as escape when tapped - Best of both worlds!

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 11:37:48 »

thanks.

You can use xcape or custom firmware to make the control key act as escape when tapped - Best of both worlds!

well i obviously didnt think about that! interesting idea! might want to try it on my keyboard right now! thanks for the suggestion!

thanks.

Well.. I'm defo not qualified to answer your question properly, but it's worth noting (unless you alrdy know) that the ESC is already placed in such a way that it's easier to reach than "normal" (it's one row lower). So mby it wont be necessary to move it? Bear in mind I got no clue how those programs work though.. :))

yep although it's already near enough to comfortably press the esc key, but i find it really fast to press ESC when its on the caps lock key. and i use the esc key a lot.

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 17:58:03 »
Try gaming on it.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 18:00:09 »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 18:02:11 »
Try gaming on it.

Already have. It's wonderful.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sagii

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 18:12:01 »
An update guys: I have now officially bought my first mech (I KNOW not everyone agrees HHKB is mechanical, but w/e), a black HHKB Pro 2 :D:D

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 18:13:31 »
An update guys: I have now officially bought my first mech (I KNOW not everyone agrees HHKB is mechanical, but w/e), a black HHKB Pro 2 :D:D

Nice. Hope it'll please you. I really recommend silencing it.

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 00:19:01 »
Okey, I know there are some threads floating around here, but I wanted to ask a pretty specific question: What about the HHKB's layout is it that makes it superior to all other layouts? Is it only for programmers using specific programs it is so damn good, or is it for all everyday users? I'm extremely intruiged by the keyboard, and I'm really considering jumping straight to it.. after my next paycheck.
However, I'm defo not a programmer, and all I'll be using my KB for is gaming, browsing, typing (I'm a psychology student, AKA I will be writing lots of essay like papers), and just general use.
As always, I know everything is personal preference, but I want to hear your opinions! :)

I wouldn't call it superior to all over boards, but it's definitely the best Topre board out there for sure. I want one really badly, but I couldn't use one it's just too small for me, 60% boards don't cut it for me, I need a 75% board or nothing at-all :(.

If they made a 75% HHKB, then I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

I still don't understand why people say this, esp when the above hasn't purchased one. HHKB is my oldest keybard atm, and I've owned realforce 87 as well, but I would never say one is significantly better than the other to warrant any discussion on actual superior differences.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 00:31:01 »
Okey, I know there are some threads floating around here, but I wanted to ask a pretty specific question: What about the HHKB's layout is it that makes it superior to all other layouts? Is it only for programmers using specific programs it is so damn good, or is it for all everyday users? I'm extremely intruiged by the keyboard, and I'm really considering jumping straight to it.. after my next paycheck.
However, I'm defo not a programmer, and all I'll be using my KB for is gaming, browsing, typing (I'm a psychology student, AKA I will be writing lots of essay like papers), and just general use.
As always, I know everything is personal preference, but I want to hear your opinions! :)

I wouldn't call it superior to all over boards, but it's definitely the best Topre board out there for sure. I want one really badly, but I couldn't use one it's just too small for me, 60% boards don't cut it for me, I need a 75% board or nothing at-all :(.

I still don't understand why people say this, esp when the above hasn't purchased one. HHKB is my oldest keybard atm, and I've owned realforce 87 as well, but I would never say one is significantly better than the other to warrant any discussion on actual superior differences.

Because people like to talk out of their ass.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 00:34:16 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 00:47:43 »
Try gaming on it.

Already have. It's wonderful.

Same here - no worries (apart from games requiring heavy use of F1..F12).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sagii

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 03:30:26 »

Well.. when I wrote "superior" in the title it was more of a way to get your attention, rather than me actually believing it's superior. There's so much personal preference involved in these things that it's almost impossible to say that one's better than the other :))

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 03:56:23 »

Congratulations!!

It's been a journey, hasn't it. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. It's very nice to get that first really special board. For me it was my Pure. I love that thing.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Sagii

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 04:01:59 »

Congratulations!!

It's been a journey, hasn't it. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. It's very nice to get that first really special board. For me it was my Pure. I love that thing.

Thank you! Well, it's been one hell of a journey! But jeez, it's been fun as well!! I just got some money for my vacation from work so I thought "What the heck, just buy it". I may have payed slightly over what I should've, but oh well! I wanted the board, and I went for it ^_^

Offline Coreda

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 04:06:21 »
Remember to post some impressions when it arrives  ;D

Offline Sagii

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 04:09:01 »
Remember to post some impressions when it arrives  ;D

Will do ! ^^

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 04:18:03 »
Congratulations on joining the Superiority  :cool:

Offline Sagii

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 07:18:04 »

Haha, we'll see.. maybe I think it's crap! I'm open for both loving and hating it :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 11:05:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

It is clear you like the HH layout, but it is a little hard to understand what is the justification to waste the two keys that are already available in the PCB.

Cool, you just need a viper like case for your board.

Offline tribade

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:08:15 »

Haha, we'll see.. maybe I think it's crap! I'm open for both loving and hating it :))

Gratz on the new board!  HHKB was my second mech and I still love it.  And the damn things hold their value really well for a keyboard. 
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline blackbox

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:01:26 »
Congrats! Hope I could see it irl sometime.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Sagii

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 06:25:19 »
Ahhhh!!! Update: keyboard is now in the customs here in Norway. Can't wait!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 06:50:31 »
I'm recieving mine on monday! Can't wait! :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 06:55:05 »

Nice to see some fellow Scandinavians stepping up their keyboard game no matter the cost  :thumb:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 06:59:38 »

Nice to see some fellow Scandinavians stepping up their keyboard game no matter the cost  :thumb:
We gotta Viking up!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline mauri

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 07:02:32 »
When God in his infinite wisdom created the earth, the sky and the stars, in some religions is believed to have also created the hhkb, for mankind to feel oneness with the cup rubber.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 07:55:11 »

We gotta Viking up!
DAMN RIGHT!

Offline Sagii

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 08:48:35 »
VIKING's UNITE!
No, but seriously.. I can't wait for my HHKB. I'm really scared I WON'T like it though! :)) Won't know till I try it

Offline ckar

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 09:55:51 »
The Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 is one of the best looking keyboards ever designed:

« Last Edit: Wed, 02 July 2014, 11:17:33 by ckar »

Offline Sagii

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 10:26:54 »
The Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 is one of the best looking keyboards ever designed:

Show Image

Sure as hell is... that and the layout are the two main reasons I bought it (y)

Offline noway

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 11:39:11 »
Haven't got one (yet). 

I like my MX Blue Quickfire Rapid but my preferred keycap color is white keys/black legends + grey modifiers/black legends in a small keyboard.  So that really limits me with stock keyboards, although I can order some aftermarket caps for the Rapid.  Otherwise for new stock stuff, I have found Topre TKL and HHKB.  Why more stock keyboards with white keys/black legends + grey modifiers/black legends aren't available is beyond me! 

So I would choose mostly for the keycap colors.  I find other keys hard to read quickly. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 11:40:38 »
A white keyboard is a lot harder to clean, so most corporate buyers want a black keyboard.

But then again, look at old cherry boards...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sagii

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 11:50:42 »
Well, I just simply don't like the "classic" keyboard look (let the lynching begin). That's why I chose a black HHKB instead of a white one, and I honestly overpayed. Coulda gotten a white one for way less ^^'

Offline noway

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:14:06 »
I am old school and most of the books I've read over the years are white with black lettering and I think that has influenced my choice of keycap color.   Plus my eyes are getting old and I have used an IBM Type M for many years so I am stuck in my ways.  I never minded cleaning the Type M keys but then again I was the only one using it so a bit of grub inbetween cleanings was no big deal.  But now I find the Type M takes up too much desk space.

Offline Sagii

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 12:27:49 »
I am old school and most of the books I've read over the years are white with black lettering and I think that has influenced my choice of keycap color.   Plus my eyes are getting old and I have used an IBM Type M for many years so I am stuck in my ways.  I never minded cleaning the Type M keys but then again I was the only one using it so a bit of grub inbetween cleanings was no big deal.  But now I find the Type M takes up too much desk space.
That might be it :)) personally, I've always had the "gaming keyboardzz" with fancy shizzles on 'em, so I guess classic is too "plain" for me. I'm also a touchtypist, aka legends don't really bother me much!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 18:29:44 »
VIKING's UNITE!
No, but seriously.. I can't wait for my HHKB. I'm really scared I WON'T like it though! :)) Won't know till I try it

If Vikings had HHKBs instead of Ulfberhts, I wonder if history would have worked out differently ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 19:40:08 »
VIKING's UNITE!

If Vikings had HHKBs instead of Ulfberhts, I wonder if history would have worked out differently ...
Who knows, maybe they did.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:02:42 »
Let’s sum up the arguments here, for why the HHKB is said to be better than other keyboards:
pros
• 60% form factor => this argument isn’t HHKB specific
• Ctrl key in place of Caps Lock => You can do that with any other programmable keyboard
• Backspace/Delete placement => what’s so special about it, that a 60% keyboard can’t do?
• aesthetics => de gustibus non est disputandum
• Topre switches => ok, but again not HHKB specific
cons
• overpriced
• controller not programmable
• Topre switches are not compatible with MX keycaps
• arrow keys aren’t easily accessable