Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336815 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 00:22:15 »
CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING. SKYRIM REMASTERED. TOO. MANY. FUN. MODS.

Samezies. I wanted to restart a game after discovering I had the special edition, got me some mods, started a full mage character so I don't have to rely on sneak, because that's just boring.

I really like the house mods, the amount of effort some people put into them is amazing. The Elysium Estate just outside Whiterun is my favourite.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 00:50:34 »

Samezies. I wanted to restart a game after discovering I had the special edition, got me some mods, started a full mage character so I don't have to rely on sneak, because that's just boring.

I really like the house mods, the amount of effort some people put into them is amazing. The Elysium Estate just outside Whiterun is my favourite.

I have been downloading every extra house mod possible. I have spent HOURS organizing.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 01:57:34 »
Playing Diablo 3 after 1 season break,and Overwatch.
Will start playing BF1 multiplayer tmr,the campaign is really fun.
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 21:31:53 »
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
DOA Xtreme 3
Street fighter V
KoF XIV

And watching JP streamers play FF15 because I don't care to pay $60 for it.

Dota 2
LOL
CSGO
Overwatch
Diablo 3

How do you all balance so many games? Every time I play more than two games at once I stop playing them altogether and they go unplayed for months.

This is my time table :))
OW:3-6 hrs everyday
Dota: few matches/week
LOL + CSGO: few matches/month

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 16:58:14 »
I played SUPERHOT in VR at my bud's house the other night. I was in there for about 15 minutes and literally felt a fleeting second or two of slight depression after taking off the headgear. I can totally relate to the Lawnmower Man now. :cool: He has HTC brand running under Steam. I was impressed by how responsive and light-weight it was compared to the last time I tried VR (in 1998!).
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 17:01:34 »
Battlefield 1 PC, Star Wars Battlefront PC (until it stopped launching), Fallout 4 PC, Lego Dimensions Xbox360 (with kid), I may start Rocket League in a bit.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:01:03 »
I played SUPERHOT in VR at my bud's house the other night. I was in there for about 15 minutes and literally felt a fleeting second or two of slight depression after taking off the headgear. I can totally relate to the Lawnmower Man now. :cool: He has HTC brand running under Steam. I was impressed by how responsive and light-weight it was compared to the last time I tried VR (in 1998!).

Don't buy one before you play for 2 hours...

I got serious eye strain.. and vergence/accomodation reflex problems after only 30 minutes..

Offline swangful

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:39:01 »
DOTA 2, I've been playing over 10 years and the game never gets old. It's like chess on steroids. If you want something a little quicker and without such a steep learning curve, I would recommend Overwatch/HOTS.

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:41:37 »
Overwatch and I hate myself for it.
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:51:35 »
Currently working to catch a legendary big zubat in pokemon moon.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline sems

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 02:00:59 »
Transistor, started this after finishing Bastion. Such a beautiful game this is. The studio manages well to create an artistic aspect in every game.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 17:01:33 »

Don't buy one before you play for 2 hours...

I got serious eye strain.. and vergence/accomodation reflex problems after only 30 minutes..
Yikes! You got problems during or after being in VR? You need to do Speed Reader's eye exercises! Check 'em out:
Skip to 18:24. I do them every day!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 19:17:46 »
Yikes! You got problems during or after being in VR? You need to do Speed Reader's eye exercises! Check 'em out:

I do them every day!

I had discomfort after about 15 minutes..

Ignored it,  then after about 30 minutes.. I just couldn't take it no more,  it was this dull pain in the back of my eyes..

This is actually a major problem they're trying to solve with current VR hardware.. Vergence / Accommodation reflex

There is a certain Reflex to your eyes,  correlating the inward rotation and the focus of the lens in your eye.

These things are used to moving together in conjunction..   

You develop this reflex beginning the day you began to see...

With current vr technology..  it's a fixed focus system..   Which means no matter the perceived distance to object,  the lens in your eye has to stay in the same focus distance..

So the problem is,  now with vr,  you're breaking the reflex,  which can have mild to severe consequences..

They're especially worried about this problem for Children,  because children are still in the development stage of their ocular circuits and pathways...

Offline mousouchop

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 05:56:09 »
My coworker has a Vive and doesn't report any issues with him or his girlfriend. He keeps teasing us with the possibility of a VR party so the rest of us can try it out...

Anyway-- he and I also keep lusting after FFXV. I am an FF fan, while he is just interesting in testing the waters... I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I will be waiting a while before I commit to actually playing this game unfortunately... I never considered watching Japanese streamers play! That is a good idea... if not slightly creepy. :P

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 08:55:46 »

I really want to play this but I'm waiting for SKSE64. I've still been playing the original Skyrim because I have >200 mods installed. Can't live without SKSE!

I had discomfort after about 15 minutes..

Ignored it,  then after about 30 minutes.. I just couldn't take it no more,  it was this dull pain in the back of my eyes..

This is actually a major problem they're trying to solve with current VR hardware.. Vergence / Accommodation reflex

There is a certain Reflex to your eyes,  correlating the inward rotation and the focus of the lens in your eye.

These things are used to moving together in conjunction..   

You develop this reflex beginning the day you began to see...

With current vr technology..  it's a fixed focus system..   Which means no matter the perceived distance to object,  the lens in your eye has to stay in the same focus distance..

So the problem is,  now with vr,  you're breaking the reflex,  which can have mild to severe consequences..

They're especially worried about this problem for Children,  because children are still in the development stage of their ocular circuits and pathways...

I preordered the Rift and I've had it for about eight months now. I've used it upwards of 12 hours in a single day, sometimes four to five hours at time and I've never had any issues other than some discomfort around the facial interface.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:30:27 »
Playing some Diablo 3 again after 3 year hiatus. They really just added one more class? Couldn't come up with a second? And the cheap way the cutscenes are done in still images like the Street Fighter V "story" mode pisses me off, Blizzard is supposed to be all about production quality.

The game itself is good, a lot of rebalancing since I last played which is nice. I really like Adventure Mode.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:20:27 »
Has anyone here played the newest Hitman? Just got the full game for half price on sale and I've seen mixed reviews. Guess I'm just wondering if I should be rushing to play it since I already own it lol. Unlike a lot of people, I didn't absolutely hate Absolution. I understand that the stealth mechanics were kinda ****, but it was still plenty of fun. Unfortunately, I've been out of my room so much, my computer hasn't even been turned on in two or so months, much easier when school gives you a laptop I guess. I have still been playing a ton of 2k11 though (one of the only games I really want to play that this Thinkpad can run and that doesn't require a mouse and keyboard).
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 23:40:28 »
A friend of mine recently got me into Ragnarok Online. I'm weirded out by the click-to-move control scheme, but it's fun enough to hold my attention atm.

I've been on-and-off with gaming recently, mostly sticking to f2p mmos or browsing the good old steam library for something quick and easy. Looking forward to Star Citizen's more complete builds, but haven't checked it out since early 2.4.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 23:18:28 »
Got a beta invite to Mu Legends.
Quite a good game actually. Lots to do and it's enjoyable.
Little grindy but what MMO isn't?

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 17:46:22 »
A friend of mine recently got me into Ragnarok Online. I'm weirded out by the click-to-move control scheme, but it's fun enough to hold my attention atm.

I've been on-and-off with gaming recently, mostly sticking to f2p mmos or browsing the good old steam library for something quick and easy. Looking forward to Star Citizen's more complete builds, but haven't checked it out since early 2.4.
Ragnarok is one of the best MMO I have played.I had played it for 3 years since launch.
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:12:55 »
Why does this thread exist and the other that has nearly the same exact title?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=6874.3925

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:16:04 »

Because not all video games are computer games.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 05:01:35 »

About every relevant console has been a computer in the last 20+ years.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 07:11:03 »

About every relevant console has been a computer in the last 20+ years.

Clearly, but it'd be weird writing Pokemon in the computer game thread.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 09:36:25 »
Actually, I played the early Pokémon games on a desktop, when they came out.

Offline gallowgeek

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 10:07:29 »
I am more of a casual gamer now so I am playing Diablo 3. Yes, it takes time to get the right gear, but once you do, it is going to be smooth sailing. Back when I was a competitive gamer (i.e before I got a job), I was playing competitive Counter-Strike. But, well, adult problems.xD

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 10:33:37 »

the origi MU was a bad diablo clone..   the new one is way betters..

Also,  if you're like 20+ though,  probably too busy to do any mmo grinding..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:40:36 »

the origi MU was a bad diablo clone.. the new one is way betters..

Also, if you're like 20+ though, probably too busy to do any mmo grinding..
You know it really sucks growing up.
My friends are still playing video games all day even though they have jobs. I just don't have the time for it anymore and I don't know what allows them to do it. Probably very little sleep.
They all made it to 65 during the beta I hit around level 19.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:42:55 »

My friends are still playing video games all day even though they have jobs. I just don't have the time for it anymore and I don't know what allows them to do it. Probably very little sleep.

I hear you there, same thing happened to me through FFXIV Alpha/Beta. Part of it was due to keeping up with story while everyone else just blew through it, "pfft, story is for release!".

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:46:11 »
Horizon Zero Dawn and thus far it is god damned fantastic!
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 19:04:08 »
Finally have some free time after finishing winter classes, jumping back into Fire Emblem Revelations!

So I just found out I accidentally killed off someone I could've recruited like...15 chapters ago. I wanted to have a complete team, but the adult part of me is saying I don't have enough time to spend doing this entire game all over again. Should I restart, or just move on?

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 05:20:19 »
World of Warcraft and ARK: Survival Evolved. I'm really hyped about Rend coming out soon.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 17:02:18 »
I've been playing a ton of Path of Exile lately, once you get a character viable in the end game it becomes very fun.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 18:24:30 »
I'm so addicted to Persona 5 at the moment. My first Atlus game, can't believe I haven't tried anything else before now!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 19:27:32 »
Started BotW finally a few days ago. Played only an hour. Been itching to play again despite by hectic schedule.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 19:40:19 »
Been playing Leisure Suit Larry..

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 14:49:00 »
Been playing Leisure Suit Larry..

Are you playing it on the Wii or on The switch?  I'm curious to see how the Wii version turned out.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Jaymanlp

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:35:31 »
Am working on FFXV when I have time between work and school. Also been playing a lot of CSGO recently and a bit of Rock Band 4.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:36:28 »

Offline smarmar

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:18:57 »
I recently completed INSIDE and now working on a second run-through with alternate ending. What a game! Highly recommend!  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:22:52 »
I recently completed INSIDE and now working on a second run-through with alternate ending. What a game! Highly recommend!  :thumb:

Inside is probably the best quick indie game I've ever played. Especially after playing through Limbo. I really hope Playdead makes more games, they're brilliant.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:34:16 »

Inside is probably the best quick indie game I've ever played. Especially after playing through Limbo. I really hope Playdead makes more games, they're brilliant.
I loved LIMBO and I was ecstatic when I found out Playdead had a similar game in the works but, man, I didn't expect to be blown away with INSIDE. I kept having to pause the game at certain "milestone" moments to literally keep from laughing and/or crying with excitement and awe (moments like meeting the Mermaid and becoming part of the Huddle)! I can't even imagine what they come up with next.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:57:10 »
While I still need to finish RE7, right now I am playing Nier: Automata & ME: Andromeda. All 3 are excellent games IMO, Nier especially! :thumb:

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 19:18:27 »
Everything and Anything on the Nintendo switch...

And Persona 5 on PS4.

PC Wise not much atm.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline R1N3

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 19:26:41 »
holler at your boi for PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS duo or squad queue leh go

Offline dante

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 20:58:25 »
brogue:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 02:05:09 »

I hear you there, same thing happened to me through FFXIV Alpha/Beta. Part of it was due to keeping up with story while everyone else just blew through it, "pfft, story is for release!".
Haha I know, it sucks being the adult amongst your friends.
It's happening right now in Black Desert as well. They are blowing through content and I just level a little when I have time.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 02:10:29 »

It's happening right now in Black Desert as well. They are blowing through content and I just level a little when I have time.
I feel you.I love Black Desert ,it has a pretty fun combat system,but just too much grinding so I had to quit  :-[

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 02:12:10 »

I feel you.I love Black Desert ,it has a pretty fun combat system,but just too much grinding so I had to quit  :-[
I've heard such good things from my friends. They did say that after 20 it's a grind though so not looking forward to that. Getting max level will take me some time. :D