Author Topic: PBT Graydient [feedback]  (Read 31359 times)

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
PBT Graydient [feedback]
« on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 10:05:33 »
A keycap set design featuring a monochrome ombre, we’d like to gather some feedback prior to posting an official interest check thread

Theme(s)
"Defining the gray area between black and white"
Graydient(tm) is loosely inspired by the design language of contemporary streetwear; a style intersecting at the crossroads of hip hop, skate, and sneakers. We attempt to pay homage to this fashion movement, which has its rebellious roots in 80s and 90s counterculture, that has now swept into the forefront of millennial clothing trends.  A bold monochrome gradient reflects the increasingly gray area between art and commerce, in a time where streetwear is crossing over into luxury brands, with frequent collabs and hyped drops. It's an area not without controversy, including the disputed originality of certain aesthetics; however fashion is inherently grounded in appropriation and inspiration, much like many keycap sets. Fashion is art, and art is controversial. Taking the classic monochrome theme to a fresh direction, we still wanted to cover black and white, but in a creative way.  Like hypebeast streetwear, we hope this set evokes the experimental edge and spirit of playfulness of modern youth, yet simultaneously acknowledges the incongruence of finding one's authenticity in branded fashion, especially in a scene with a heritage in customizability.
Mirrored community commentary and flowery language aside, this set was simply born out of a pun, and we wanted an excuse to have sub-legends, because we simply like its aesthetic. After all language is art in itself

渋谷 - Shibuya
For those not into streetwear culture, we are consider offering an alternative theme/additional novelty kit/desk mat based around Shibuya crossing - the world's busiest pedestrian crossing located in the heart of Tokyo. Here thousands of pedestrians scramble across five major crosswalks in a modern canyon of neon-colored buildings and eye-bleeding video screens. Claustrophobic pulse of masses of people from all walks of life, students to office workers, all intersect for brief moments within the rhythm of city life. Such a mundane activity being magnified makes for a memorable experience to watch and partake in, and thus it’s not hard to see why this iconic streetscape has even featured in films such as Lost in Translation and Tokyo Drift.
The controlled chaos of Shibuya's "scramble" epitomizes the efficient madness of the cutting-edge city, and this crosswalk has been described as a “great example of what Tokyo does best when it's not trying.” Furthermore it is a famed meeting spot epitomized by a legendary statue of the dog Hachikō. In the 1920s, Hachikō would meet his owner at the Shibuya Station after work every day; however when the owner died unexpectedly, Hachikō still continued to visit the station every day for almost a decade, loyally waiting for his return <3.

Having two themes within one set is a bit experimental, and might not work, but we're going to give it a go!

Kits
EDIT: Note that this section is out of date as we're currently restructuring our kitting to ideally have Alphas and Modifiers separate - Alphas with sublegends and no sublegends, and Modifiers with standard Icon/Text legends and non hypebeast terms, for people to choose whichever preference/combination they like

Core - Shibuya Edition

Core - Street Edition
Note - under construction! Render colour calibration and kitting incomplete

Add-on

Novelties

?Alternative Alphas/Mods

Desk Mats
Note: All designs are preliminary/WIP. Orange fragile label will also be an actual removable sticker
Insane in the Membrane

Other ideas included: Anti Social Keyboard Club & Anti RGB RGB Club, on an RGB desk mat

Off-Limits

Super Desk

Patented

The Grayed Wave

Note: this one might not be possible...

Off-Brand

Renders

E8.5 By Exclusive
Kindly visit http://graydient.myportfolio.com/ for older renders on other keyboards too!

Design

※Cherry profile + PBT + Dye subbed legends
Why? A combination of Designers’ personal hipster preference, lead-in manufacturing times, and ability to get prototype samples for QC. Dyesub will also let us utilise a custom typeface with sharper edges.[/size]

※Colors: Cool Gray Pantone codes
Disclaimer: We’re working on refining the lighting in our renders to better reflect the shades as well as possible. Some renders are out of date in terms of colors, fonts and legends,  but we’ll rectify these as soon as we can.

※Modifiers/Novelty Design
Terminology by streetwear enthusiasts is incorporated throughout as a tongue-in-cheek nod to a parallel community, where style similarly intersects with comfort and quality; and hype also exaggerates market forces. Novelties also reference oft-featured industrial iconography alongside deconstructed elements, underlined with the iconic ironic self-awareness. So expect simple statement elements, like arrows, diagonal stripes,  terms like グレー (gray), and subtle homages to other brands (i.e. Penrose triangle for Palace; Checkers for Vans).
Hiragana sub-legends also underline the undeniable cross-cultural influence that the Japanese have also had on global streetwear trends too.

※Disclaimer: Graydient's signature logo was initially designed as a reference to the Taiwanese Recycling symbol; satirising how a certain signature fashion symbol for casual clothing derives direct inspiration from Glasgow Airport's signage (albeit unlike us, they did not acknowledge their source)

EDIT: It has just been brought to our attention, the logo could potentially remind those of the swastika, which was not intended. Given this unfortunate coincidence, and sensitivities, we are revising that design element, whilst retaining the negative space of the 4 arrows

※We are aware of the existence of MDA Plastic, but despite having similar inspiration, our execution of it is clearly quite different

To Do List

※Gather Feedback - current
※Kitting
※Novelties
※Consolidate Desk Mats
※Post IC
※More Renders on other board/layouts
※Announce Collabs
※Appoint Vendors
※Announce Pricing
※Announce Group Buy Date

Please let us know what you think!
Cheers! BobaSweatandTears#4616 x Dylan Chung (illpercieved#6212) [/size]

Signature
※  You can support the project by adding this banner to your signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108996.0][img width=350 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/4YUBh1r.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 March 2021, 01:15:25 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline frostykoala

• consider Nightlight
    • Check out some Renders :)
Re: PBT Graydient [feedback]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 10:32:45 »
finna cop

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 11:35:45 »
As far as gradient keycap sets go, someone form someone who doesn't like them, this one looks pretty good. I would keep the numpad white tho. Great deskmats.

Offline fropsie

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 12:53:37 »
So ignoring the fact that your logo looks a bit like a swastika, the off-white artwork copying is just a bad idea my dude. I suggest canning that one right now.
Additionally, this seems a bit too on the nose on hypebeast stuff. Additionally, the whole "grayscale" gradient thing just doesn't really feel much related to that of the whole streetwear/hypebeast scene. A nice 2-tone set with gray and white with some touches of grey as accents could maybe fit this aesthetic.
I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and maybe redoing that logo. GLWIC.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 13:22:08 »
So ignoring the fact that your logo looks a bit like a swastika, the off-white artwork copying is just a bad idea my dude. I suggest canning that one right now.
Additionally, this seems a bit too on the nose on hypebeast stuff. Additionally, the whole "grayscale" gradient thing just doesn't really feel much related to that of the whole streetwear/hypebeast scene. A nice 2-tone set with gray and white with some touches of grey as accents could maybe fit this aesthetic.
I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and maybe redoing that logo. GLWIC.
Appreciate the honest feedback. We'll be changing the logo design.

I can see how it may be a bit too on the nose on the hypebeast theme, hence why in the feedback form we're considering the option of just standard mods as alternative core kit.

The whole streetwear hypebeast scene is mainly BoW, but if we did that, we'd be accused of going into Gok kuro/shiro territory, with only differentiators being novelties and accent keys. It would also look less interesting too because there's a few other gray themed keycap sets in standard patterns. Off-White btw means 'gray' which is what our set represents, so I think the colourway still fits thematically.
We're just going to be 'loosely inspired' by some of its design language, which distilled at its core quite simple. Simple geometric shapes are ineligible for copyright and therefore in the public domain. We're also referencing other known street brands too where there is some overlap in aesthetic language too, so it's not going to be specific to OW.

Note that an alternative theme I did consider twisting this greyscale pattern too was Shibuya Crossing, which might have broader appeal.  (At initial conceptualisation, Gothic statues was an idea we had).
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2020, 19:26:07 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 13:23:27 »
finna cop
:thumb:
As far as gradient keycap sets go, someone form someone who doesn't like them, this one looks pretty good. I would keep the numpad white tho. Great deskmats.
Thanks. Understand that Gradient keycap sets aren't for everyone, so that's high praise.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:53:31 »
Do you know what Cherry PBT manu you're aiming for? (Infinikey, ePBT, CannonCaps?)

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 16:22:06 »
Do you know what Cherry PBT manu you're aiming for? (Infinikey, ePBT, CannonCaps?)
We're likely aiming for IFK at this stage, partially because we'd like to get prototypes if possible before GB.
Manu has not been locked in, so I would be interested to see what people's opinions are, as we're not clear on the exact differing points between all three, with CannonCaps being relatively newer (I heard they were still missing some compatibility molds for kits beyond core).

ADDIT:
ePBT doesn't do reverse dye sub at this stage, but they would an option on the table too if they did
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2020, 19:27:15 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:11:09 »
 :blank:

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:16:21 »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:24:41 »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 07:35:40 »
Given potential sensitives with the logo design we chose, we will being updating all renders and relevant desk mats. We're aware there are consistency and legend alignments issues, thus will take the opportunity to try and improve images. We're aiming to iron out issues as much as we can prior to IC.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2020, 19:27:58 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Ja3_420

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 12:21:02 »

Offline llKanull

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 11:56:41 »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:21:58 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline ken

• kenn#3000 // ISO >>>
    • Monkeytype
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:10:35 »
I've been wanting a hypebeast set since I missed MDA PLASTIC. Will hop on this, as well as the Membrane and Grayed Wave desk mats.

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 10:08:00 »
I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw this set I didn't like the gradient effect but after looking at it a couple more times it started to grow on me. Idk if you are already working on it or not but I would like to see an alphanumeric kit without the sub legends. I like the design a lot and wish the best for your project. def a +1 from me. (just realized that there is alternate alphas in the works)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2020, 10:28:43 by Baka Bot »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 19:38:41 »

Good first post bro
Nothing wrong with being a first poster. Although I don't really understand the blank emoji and would prefer constructive feedback, thanks for bumping the thread up regardless  :thumb:

I've been wanting a hypebeast set since I missed MDA PLASTIC. Will hop on this, as well as the Membrane and Grayed Wave desk mats.
Excellent to hear! I conceptualised a hypebeast set before MDA Plastic came out for GB on Drop, and although I really really like some of the elements of that design, I thought we could cover the same theme with a different interpretation.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw this set I didn't like the gradient effect but after looking at it a couple more times it started to grow on me. Idk if you are already working on it or not but I would like to see an alphanumeric kit without the sub legends. I like the design a lot and wish the best for your project. def a +1 from me. (just realized that there is alternate alphas in the works)
Thank you heaps! Gradients tend to be divisive, but I think Graydient being monochrome helps balance it a bit more compared to other louder gradient colourways.
I honestly would love to release variations of this set with and without sublegends, so consumers can choose their own preference, but it ultimately depends on manufacturer-related kitting/MOQ and interest we get.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 00:09:00 »
Standard mods base kit

Novelties on the way

Offline The Cat Whisperer

• meowdy
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 12:47:28 »
some more excellent deskmats to add to my collection  ;D

Offline Havattack

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 15:19:35 »
LOL I thought that "Under construction" Place holder pic was supposed to be a Desk mat for a sec there.. And i kind of liked it.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 16:29:15 »
some more excellent deskmats to add to my collection  ;D
;D Glad to help as a fellow deskmat collector too!

LOL I thought that "Under construction" Place holder pic was supposed to be a Desk mat for a sec there.. And i kind of liked it.
Not gonna lie. I actually had the same thought a few weeks ago when I set this IC up.
Your comment has helped pushed me to reconsider it as an idea. I'll either run it with this keycap groupbuy, or separately in its own GB (and offer a Japanese variant). It would be really cool to have an under construction deskmat given how many ppl are building their own keebs.

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 04:17:37 »
This? This one here? I like it. I will throw all the monies at it hoping it will someday appear at my door.

Offline donny_pete

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:18:57 »
Yeah I'm digging this set. I would for sure keep the numpad all white to let it follow the gradient

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 03:22:19 »
This? This one here? I like it. I will throw all the monies at it hoping it will someday appear at my door.
Hi, it will appear one day! We're currently on a break as my co-designer has really important commitments, but when holidays start, we'll be able to make significantly more progress on updating kits, novelties and desk mats.

Yeah I'm digging this set. I would for sure keep the numpad all white to let it follow the gradient
Hi. That's a fair suggestion. Depending on further feedback in IC, we will consider what's most popular. If kitting permits, we might just offer both, as an option for those who have numpad macropads to also have their gradient fun.

Offline sky!

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 12:33:16 »
Idea for the pad: Anti Cherry Cherry Club, which I think makes more sense than the membrane one, and looks more similar to antisocial
My feedback on the keycaps: I think the gradient would look nicer if there were more phases of gradient, also it would be nice to see the gradient also cut into the spacebar instead of it being all white, if that's possible. I think the street edition looks better than the shibuya edition as well, the shibuya gradient almost looks blue.
Nice keycaps and pad designs!

I hope I'm doing this right and haven't posted this reply in the wrong place or something, I'm new here

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:31:09 »
Idea for the pad: Anti Cherry Cherry Club, which I think makes more sense than the membrane one, and looks more similar to antisocial
My feedback on the keycaps: I think the gradient would look nicer if there were more phases of gradient, also it would be nice to see the gradient also cut into the spacebar instead of it being all white, if that's possible. I think the street edition looks better than the shibuya edition as well, the shibuya gradient almost looks blue.
Nice keycaps and pad designs!

I hope I'm doing this right and haven't posted this reply in the wrong place or something, I'm new here

You're posting a reply in the right place! I'll take that suggestion back and discuss it with my design partner. It does sort of make more sense. We were also considering changing to Anti Deskmat Deskmat Club (Avrocado who designed has given us permission to use the term they phrased for that deskmat GB, for our keycap set GB).
In terms of phases of gradients, we're already using 6 shades of gray... thus somewhat reluctant to add more.
The spacebar having a small hint of the subtle gradient might be a nice idea; being PBT it's possible, but will have to think of the best way to implement this, if people do like it.
Yeah the renders aren't exactly colour calibrated well. The shibuya render is using different pantones of gray that definitely don't appear as blue IRL as in the renders. Still a WIP

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 04:07:56 »
You have something here.  I am not a fan of gradient sets but I have to admit that I like this so far. UK ISO would be perfect for me if that is possible.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 23:36:40 »
Very interesting concept; I assume the plan is IFK?

Offline pocketfresh

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 10:29:36 »
Honestly really like the design of the set.  It's super clean.  The Off-Limits and Super Desk pads are pretty dope too.  They remind me of an insta account @typosters

My problems come with the association with streetwear.  To me, streetwear is not just predominantly black/white but often comes with very bright colors as well.  To play off of that I would want some strong accent color mod options but there has to be a lot of choice because I think grassroots streetwear has a lot of personal choices.  I'll admit I'm only tangent to the scene and my gf isn't in design school anymore so it's frequency as a topic has faded.  The greyscale combined with hiragana(I think?) gives me more techwear vibes, which I more strongly associate with the asian streetwear scene.  Reading some of your other comments, the greyscale definitely feels like hypebeast to me, and your description of co-opting and appropriating feels like it appropriately acknowledges the irony in hypebeast.  If you reframe the kit as a hypebeast kit or techwear kit I think it would jive better with me than just streetwear.

If I'm buying the kit its the Shibuya kit as I like the cooler greys and I'm keeping standard mods.

Offline Maximyss

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 21:08:03 »
You've definitely filled the gradient set sized hole in my heart. Have you thought about making the gradient longer(? if that's the right word) so that there are more of the darker colors before the set becomes totally white?

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 23:18:24 »
Have you thought about making the gradient longer(? if that's the right word) so that there are more of the darker colors before the set becomes totally white?

That's touched on a few posts up - it would require running the graydient through the spacebar. 

Offline MrGuccu

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 23:32:02 »
That gradient is really well done!

Offline Churr0s

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 05:12:00 »
I feel like the keycaps are too cluttered right now, maybe adjust the size on the letters to make it look less cluttered?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 16:25:15 »
I feel like the keycaps are too cluttered right now, maybe adjust the size on the letters to make it look less cluttered?
Looks perfect as is to me.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 18:05:44 »
We're going to be aiming to offer if possible 2 types of alphas, one with hiragana sublegend and one without.
Hopefully we can break break the mods apart in their own kit (I'm a fan of offering options for people to pick and chose)

Offline GrahamCrackers

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 21:03:55 »
This looks sick definitely copping, you got any ideas on the price yet?

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 21:11:20 »
Not yet, sorry, we've just switched manus and going for a different kitting structure (sorta finalised, but I'm speaking to manu directly on a few elements).

Offline GrahamCrackers

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 21:44:09 »
Not yet, sorry, we've just switched manus and going for a different kitting structure (sorta finalised, but I'm speaking to manu directly on a few elements).
Thats cool, can we know who is manufacturing this? Also, I like the idea of having an orange highlight on the deskmats as it fits with the Off-White aesthetic, but are you set on that "fragile" packing sticker, to me the design of it looks out of place with the rest of the deskmat, but that's just me if youre decided on that design then id prolly still get it lol

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 00:44:38 »
Thats cool, can we know who is manufacturing this? Also, I like the idea of having an orange highlight on the deskmats as it fits with the Off-White aesthetic, but are you set on that "fragile" packing sticker, to me the design of it looks out of place with the rest of the deskmat, but that's just me if youre decided on that design then id prolly still get it lol
We're likely pivoting to ePBT. The sticker, will be an actual sticker in real life, you can choose to use it or not. We'll take a relook at our deskmats and see if there's areas we can incorporate the orange in a cohesive manner

Offline Volny

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 02:15:07 »
The logo is fantastic. If you ever did a backlit version, I can imagine you could get a cool optical illusion effect by cycling RGB brightness so that the different arrows take turns fading in and out.

Pretty stylish look all round.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 20:37:18 »
Hi all,
We're slowly resuming work on this keycap set after finally getting KAT Space Dust and KAT Great Wave to Groupbuy. Illpercieved has been super busy with exams, hence the lack of activity.

There's been a few kitting changes that's been planned and mapped out.
We're currently re-starting discussion with our current PBT manufacturer (ePBT) of choice around kitting possibilities.
In an ideal world we can split both alphas and modifier kits, that way we can have 2 alpha options of sublegends and no sublegends, and 2-3 modifier options of standard legends, street terminology, and JP modifiers.
This way ppl can pick and choose what they like.
However the set may still insist on having a 'base kit' as such, and this will come with standard modifier legends (icon legends, with bot row modifier legends being text) and likely hiragana sublegends.
The street terminology modifiers will then be available as an add-on (almost Novelty) kit.

Although the hypebeast theme is the 'flavour' of the kit, we understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and they may just like the colour pattern scheme.
As such, mentioned above, we will offer another small novelty kit that others might choose to opt into, and it will be based on Shibuya crossing. We'll try to also have an associated deskmat too (though we're veering on too many).

The logo is fantastic. If you ever did a backlit version, I can imagine you could get a cool optical illusion effect by cycling RGB brightness so that the different arrows take turns fading in and out.

Pretty stylish look all round.
Thanks! We'll probably be horizontally reflecting the logo due to some vague unfortunate associations to the symbol the Nazis corrupted. Unfortunately I don't think we'd be able to do a backlit version as part of the keycap set (Many of the manus don't have this option - I'm not clear on the details, but it would have to doubleshot and require a mold being made)

Offline ThomasLT

• ThomasLT Studio
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 11:34:18 »
not bad

Offline samyfusion

• Begone Thocc
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 03:07:22 »
Is there any chance, this might have KAT profile as well?

Offline vnflynn

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 08:20:43 »
Any updates on this? Especially for the Street variant one.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 16:32:26 »
Any updates on this? Especially for the Street variant one.

There's a little bit of activity on their Discord now and then, so they're still working on it.

Offline kavunchick

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 10:24:59 »
Where can i find a link to discord server?

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 16:08:39 »
There are discussion areas for Graydient on the same Discord servers involved in KAT Space Dust and KAT Great Wave group buys.