Author Topic: Left-Side USB vs Right-Side USB on Keyboards  (Read 1508 times)

Offline KHAANNN

Left-Side USB vs Right-Side USB on Keyboards
« on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:25:12 »
Since the world is dominantly right-handed, I think Left-Side USB should be the norm - as the cable is away from the mouse + less clutter

Just checked the Satisfaction 75, up until I noticed it has a Right-Side USB, I was going to anxiously wait for R2

It's not really a big detail, yet, for me, it really makes the desk heaps more clean, as the right side of my desk is empty
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline diazel

Re: Left-Side USB vs Right-Side USB on Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:32:46 »
Considering I have a KVM directly behind my keyboard a foot, my preference is center!

That said, if you keep your tower on the right, mouse on the right, yeah, it makes most sense to have left hand USB if you're going to do fancy coil cord. Beyond that, all I know is I will never have one of those minimal aesthetically pleasing setups that I constantly see so it ultimately doesn't matter to me.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:39:12 »
Honestly center would make a lot of sense too, in between both options - you could coil to left or right with a cable too
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:09:31 »
I know that some of the older Apple boards had an ADB port on both side of the keyboard, and either could connect the keyboard to the computer, and the other would connect a mouse to the computer through the keyboard. A modern take on this with 3 USB ports (left center and right) would be neat, but I'm not sure USB supports a connector being either an input to a hub or the output of that hub.