Author Topic: [GB] ELEMENTO X zFrontier. Fr87 GB ended.  (Read 107021 times)

Offline plus_one

Re: [GB] ELEMENTO X zFrontier. Fr87 GB ended.
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 10:26:45 »
The pokemon kid kept in fairly good contact with them, but it sounds like he lost his patience and invoked his buyer protection (which I don't blame him for)

I reached out to the support team and they said that the manufacturer still hasn't made the PCB

I would be happy to take the torch on getting updates from them. But I can't get them to respond to me. How are you getting in contact with them?

I sent an email to support@zfrontier.com and got a response in less than 24 hours.  It sounds like other people are not having the same luck though, so YMMV

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 22:10:05 »
I sent an email to support@zfrontier.com and got a response in less than 24 hours.  It sounds like other people are not having the same luck though, so YMMV

Gotcha, thanks! Yeah, I've emailed them a couple times at that address.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 11:51:46 »
The cases are all made, it's not like they are just going to disappear.. you guys had PayPal protection, an invincible suit of armor. You can be mad, I'm mad, but you can only wait patiently or get fed up and refund. Easy options

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Except for that Buyer protection only lasts for 6 months and that time passed nearly 7 months ago...

Gotcha, thanks! Yeah, I've emailed them a couple times at that address.

I have been emailing Alex each time. He sent out an update on that email a while ago.

However I do email both at the same time.
I reached out to the support team and they said that the manufacturer still hasn't made the PCB

This is getting a little silly now. They have been working on those PCB's since the middle of last year. Something fishy is going on... I suspect that that the design on the PCB's isn't working and they haven't got it fixed yet.

Offline plus_one

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 00:28:11 »
This is getting a little silly now. They have been working on those PCB's since the middle of last year. Something fishy is going on... I suspect that that the design on the PCB's isn't working and they haven't got it fixed yet.

Agreed, PCB's don't take this many months to manufacture.  I wish they'd just say it.  Communication would have changed my perception of this group buy entirely, but it's still lacking (even after they acknowledged it was bad...)

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 23:33:41 »

I have been emailing Alex each time. He sent out an update on that email a while ago.

However I do email both at the same time.

I've been solely emailing Alex, except once to support back when the GB was still open, and I think I might have emailed the once a few months back. Still not having good luck though.

Offline tusing

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 06:18:04 »
Entire projects much more complex than this have finished in a fraction of the time. If they can’t get this PCB manufacturer working, they need to drop the manufacturer, eat the loss, and apologize for the delay. It is not this hard to create and design a PCB and all we have been getting for the past year+ have been trite excuse after excuse with no accountability or transparency.

The communication and handling of this GB has been atrocious. I don’t care how many projects ZFrontier has taken on, or how it’s difficult for them to handle so much on their plate. That’s a problem of their own creation. Is it really so hard to provide even a basic (read: existent) level of accountability, responsibility, and communication?

It has been months since I have received any email or update about this project. The website is updated once every few months with a random PCB-related excuse. Come on, guys. Get it together.

It’s not the first time the community has pointed this out to them. It’s not the first time they’ve apologized. Apologies are completely and utterly meaningless if you don’t actually do anything about them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 03:34:09 by tusing »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 09:32:37 »
I am going to be brutally honest. I feel super scammed. I feel lied to. I will never buy from this vendor again.

Entire projects much more complex than this have finished in a fraction of the time. If they can’t get this PCB manufacturer working, they need to drop the manufacturer, eat the loss, and apologize for the delay. It is not this hard to create and design a PCB and all we have been getting for the past year+ have been trite excuse after excuse with no accountability or transparency.

The communication and handling of this GB has been atrocious. I don’t care how many projects ZFrontier has taken on, or how it’s difficult for them to handle so much on their plate. That’s a problem of their own creation. Is it really so hard to provide even a basic (read: existent) level of accountability, responsibility, and communication?

It has been months since I have received any email or update about this project. The website is updated once every few months with a random PCB-related excuse. Come on, guys. Get it together.

It’s not the first time the community has pointed this out to them. It’s not the first time they’ve apologized. Apologies are completely and utterly meaningless if you don’t actually do anything about them.

At this point ask for a refund from zfrontier for this board is probably the best advice.

Offline tusing

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 03:52:57 »

At this point ask for a refund from zfrontier for this board is probably the best advice.

Unfortunately I have asked them before with no response. My emails have gone entirely ignored.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 03:34:37 by tusing »

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 22:07:41 »

Unfortunately I have asked them before with no response. My emails have gone entirely ignored.

In my case, I haven't even wanted to take that step yet. I've simply asked for them to extend my buyer protection... With no response. You'd think they'd at least want to 'hang on' to a customer that way, seeing as it's someone still displaying some faith in them.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 22:28:01 »

In my case, I haven't even wanted to take that step yet. I've simply asked for them to extend my buyer protection... With no response. You'd think they'd at least want to 'hang on' to a customer that way, seeing as it's someone still displaying some faith in them.

I think Zfrontier is legit (just a bit disorganized in their international department), so they will refund you at least. Have you reached out to Alex (check spam email box too)?

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 22:12:55 »
I think Zfrontier is legit (just a bit disorganized in their international department), so they will refund you at least. Have you reached out to Alex (check spam email box too)?

Yeah, I've lost count of the number of emails I've sent out between support and direct to Alex. Probably around 11 or 12?

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 05:40:17 »
Guys!! Check your emails! Pcb’s are in!!

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 06:59:46 »

I just saw! Hype!

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 21:24:38 »
Excite! Glad they included the pictures too, the PCBs look fantastic!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 22:00:05 »
Now get ready for another 3 months with no update lol.

Offline aszyd

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 10:45:57 »
No email for me, great... I don't even want the thing any more, but I already burnt my PP case.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 00:16:11 »
If this actually ships I might be interested in taking someone’s spot. Preferably silver.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 00:21:55 »
If this actually ships I might be interested in taking someone’s spot. Preferably silver.
Buy the board, not the spot homie. This is literally the worst GB you could possibly buy a spot in heh.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 22:39:23 »
Buy the board, not the spot homie. This is literally the worst GB you could possibly buy a spot in heh.
Yeah whoops that’s what I meant.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 18:50:41 »

Offline plus_one

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 15:52:32 »
According to their most recent project updates page, this should be shipping internationally within two weeks.  It looks like we may get these after all!

Offline mkarlsson

[GB] ELEMENTO X zFrontier. Fr87 GB ended.
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 18:50:10 »
According to their most recent project updates page, this should be shipping internationally within two weeks.  It looks like we may get these after all!

Great news! Just saw it.

Fr87 by Elemento

Chinese orders fulfilled. International order shipping will begin within 2 weeks.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 22:03:58 »
Saw some shipped ones in China Groups!

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 23:54:34 »
Saw some shipped ones in China Groups!

Mind copying some of the pics over for us?

Also, has anyone had any contact recently? I'm still trying to get ahold of ZF because there's a change to my order that I was told, back when the GB was still open, to wait until before the boards were ready.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 10:51:57 »
I just got my shipping notification!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 12:38:00 »
So I have a WK version coming in and was wondering if there might be anyone here who is interested in trading for their WKL version.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 13:08:21 »
I don’t remember what I got

Offline bball2

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 14:53:23 »

Reading a project update on zFrontier:

Offline plus_one

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:24:01 »
I'd really like to see pictures if anyone has received them (so that I can feel more relaxed about the lack of shipping notice for myself).  I don't even care if they are fully built, just seeing the case would be enough

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 11:49:45 »
I'd really like to see pictures if anyone has received them (so that I can feel more relaxed about the lack of shipping notice for myself).  I don't even care if they are fully built, just seeing the case would be enough

I'll try and post some photos once I receive them

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:08:05 »
Of course they remembered the Walnut weight I added, but forgot the Brass Weight on my original order. Contacted them just now. Will let you guys know in a year or so when I hear back.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:08:58 »
Of course they remembered the Walnut weight I added, but forgot the Brass Weight on my original order. Contacted them just now. Will let you guys know in a year or so when I hear back.

Show Image

well, it looks great!

Offline plus_one

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:21:07 »

Show Image

Thank you for posting it!  It does look nice, and I'm hoping the quality holds up too

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:25:15 »
Seems great so far and it came with an instruction printout for pairing the bluetooth and setup and lighting effects. Only complaint.. the case screws are under the feet :/ Guess I wont be switching pcbs very often.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 00:29:17 »
It exists!

220928-0

Offline wildcat

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 01:12:53 »
Finally... :'(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 14:56:10 »
I hope this turns out to be a stinker of a board, b/c these picks are making it look so nice and I'm upset that I don't have one.  HA!

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 23:52:41 »
Have once again sent multiple emails since the beginning of the month regarding my order. No shipping confirmation, and I'm still waiting for an email response to an order change I placed within a week of submitting my order. I believe it was even a few hours later, in fact.

Though I'm excited to see that it's real. Good to see positive comments about it as well. How well does it seem to have been packed? Has anyone tested to make sure things work yet?

Offline wildcat

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 00:51:33 »
Anyone built it with 84 or 86 layout?
I was building and just stopped before soldering cuz I want to use 86 layout and don’t know how to remap the keys. As zFrontier mentioned, no qmk but a window-based app for mapping and led setting. Can’t find it anywhere.. If someone knows, plz help me.
Emailed Alex and he already read but no response yet.

Offline blighty

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 01:14:23 »
Looks like they never got around to putting the LEDs on the south side like they said they would. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 11:11:24 »
Looks like they never got around to putting the LEDs on the south side like they said they would.

They look south to me. If not you can Pick up some of the washers from novelkeys.  Perfect solution if you need to use cherry profile caps on upside down switches. 

Offline plus_one

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 15:16:57 »
I was building and just stopped before soldering cuz I want to use 86 layout and don’t know how to remap the keys. As zFrontier mentioned, no qmk but a window-based app for mapping and led setting. Can’t find it anywhere.. If someone knows, plz help me.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.  Does the board come with instructions on how to get the app to remap keys and change the LED's? 

Offline wildcat

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 17:42:44 »
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.  Does the board come with instructions on how to get the app to remap keys and change the LED's?

Nothing about remapping :(
And number 3 is missing. lol

Offline wildcat

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 18:07:12 »

They look south to me. If not you can Pick up some of the washers from novelkeys.  Perfect solution if you need to use cherry profile caps on upside down switches.

The LEDs are south-facing.
I gave up to build it with 86-key layout.. Alex, zFron support, Elemento all ignored my emails.
Assuming there is no app for mapping, I made it 87 keys.. ;(
I found that I can’t turn on the LEDs on bluetooth mode not like zfrontier said.
The design of this board is pretty much satisfying but except that, very disappointing in many aspects.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 18:51:10 »
I gave up to build it with 86-key layout.. Alex, zFron support, Elemento all ignored my emails.
I found that I can’t turn on the LEDs on bluetooth mode not like zfrontier said.
The design of this board is pretty much satisfying but except that, very disappointing in many aspects.

Disappointed to hear this  :( Would you mind sharing what contact info you have on Elemento? I've been unable to track anything down, though I haven't looked since early on in the buy.

Offline blighty

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 20:12:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Well, that's great!  I hope these are worth the wait!
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline wildcat

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:48:51 »

Disappointed to hear this  :( Would you mind sharing what contact info you have on Elemento? I've been unable to track anything down, though I haven't looked since early on in the buy.
I was rushing. I just noticed that I sent it to the same named wrong company. My bad. Anyway, I don’t know why zFrontier keeps ignoring us. It’s frustrating. I confirmed that he read my email on that day, but no response yet.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 22:49:32 »
I was rushing. I just noticed that I sent it to the same named wrong company. My bad. Anyway, I don’t know why zFrontier keeps ignoring us. It’s frustrating. I confirmed that he read my email on that day, but no response yet.

Darn. How do you know it was read? That's honestly even more upsetting to me. It's not that they don't have time to read emails, it's that they're purposefully choosing not to acknowledge them.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 00:34:23 »

Darn. How do you know it was read? That's honestly even more upsetting to me. It's not that they don't have time to read emails, it's that they're purposefully choosing not to acknowledge them.

Honestly, with non-Asian orders, zFrontier probably has the worst correspondence of any vendor I've ever dealt with. It's pretty much enough to make me never purchase anything from them ever again. I've heard only good things for people in Asia though so I guess we know where their priorities lie.

Offline wildcat

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 05:18:59 »

Honestly, with non-Asian orders, zFrontier probably has the worst correspondence of any vendor I've ever dealt with. It's pretty much enough to make me never purchase anything from them ever again. I've heard only good things for people in Asia though so I guess we know where their priorities lie.

My email account has that function. See the attachment below :(
I don’t want to purchase anymore either even I live in Korea next to China. People in my community also blame them.