Author Topic: TrulyErgonomic vs Kinesis Advantage Pro  (Read 96073 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
TrulyErgonomic vs Kinesis Advantage Pro
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 05 February 2011, 02:45:05 »
Quote from: Lanx;290093
LoL, TE really should ship out a protype to iMav at least, at least then someone could prove that it actually exists.

I offered them a vendor forum, but they never responded.  :)

Offline noctua

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 05 February 2011, 03:15:02 »
strange to say, but the only post from V21 are these myth lines.., without any prehistory or future comments.. hmm
Selfmade Keyboard I (done)
DT225 CH Trackball

Selfmade Keyboard II (95% completed)
L-Trac CST2545W-RC Trackball

both use Cherry MX Blue switches, an Teensy++ controller and have an Colemak layout

Offline V21

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 07 February 2011, 18:12:57 »
Quote from: noctua;290175
strange to say, but the only post from V21 are these myth lines.., without any prehistory or future comments.. hmm

sheesh.

I was posting partly to THANK geekhack for prompting me to get my refund.

enjoy your paranoia!

Offline noctua

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 01:46:03 »
Yeah, paranoid is to order an TE and after some time to insisting on a refund..
DT225 CH Trackball

both use Cherry MX Blue switches, an Teensy++ controller and have an Colemak layout

Offline noctua

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 02:10:50 »
Quote from: V21;291467
sheesh.

I was posting partly to THANK geekhack for prompting me to get my refund.

enjoy your paranoia!

Yeah, paranoid is to order an TE and after some time to insisting on a refund..
DT225 CH Trackball

Offline V21

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 23:56:02 »
In the USA, credit card companies will intervene on behalf of a cardholder who experiences fraud -- but if reported within 30 days of purchase.  TE's own "100% satisfaction guarantee" spells out rather liberal terms for refunds.

Look, I am simply offering a data point which neither proves nor disproves the legitimacy of TE.  If you believe TE is not legitimate, you will point out that Bernie Madoff gave refunds to his early clients so as to project an appearance of legitimacy.  If you believe TE is legitimate, then giving a refund to a customer who changes their mind 2 months before the stated ship date, as happened in my case, is something that would be expected of any honorable business.

Offline V21

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 08 February 2011, 23:56:41 »
In the USA, credit card companies will intervene on behalf of a cardholder who experiences fraud -- but only if reported within 30 days of purchase.  TE's own "100% satisfaction guarantee" spells out rather liberal terms for refunds.

Look, I am simply offering a data point which neither proves nor disproves the legitimacy of TE.  If you believe TE is not legitimate, you will point out that Bernie Madoff gave refunds to his early clients so as to project an appearance of legitimacy.  If you believe TE is legitimate, then giving a refund to a customer who changes their mind 2 months before the stated ship date, as happened in my case, is something that would be expected of any honorable business.

Offline appie747

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 09 February 2011, 16:32:57 »
Who has a TrulyErgonomic? No youtube-clip to be seen... no review of someone who actually got one... I'm still curious!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline noctua

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 01:56:37 »
As flipper  uhmm  ripper  uhmm..damn  ah ripster would say, pics or it isn't real.. (LOL)

DT225 CH Trackball

Offline appie747

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 04:28:22 »
Well, it would be something...
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline appie747

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 04:25:03 »
Just got an e-mail from TrulyErgonomic saying they have trouble with production but the first keyboard will be ready in a couple of weeks. At that time they will share pictures and video's. Patience people! The quick reply to e-mail reassures me that it's not fake anyway.
I asked my employer if they would pay for a Kinesis Advantage but they find it too expensive... they offered a MS natural 4000 instead... don't really like that because of the staggered layout. I still think the TE would be a good alternative

Offline Lanx

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 06:48:42 »
if the max your emplorer will spring for is a ms ergo 4k then your not gonna be getting a mech ergro from them heh.

Offline redpill

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 11:27:39 »
Quote from: Lanx;293312
if the max your emplorer will spring for is a ms ergo 4k then your not gonna be getting a mech ergro from them heh.

They just have to make sure the HR person overhears them casually talking to a co-worker about the potential for a workers' compensation claim from RSI due to the refusal to provide more ergonomic computer peripherals and they should get a sign off from management in a heartbeat ;)

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline appie747

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 13:50:44 »
I'll will start a discussion on monday! Thanks for the input. Actually I'm a teacher so I'm not typing all day long but still. Even teacher spend a lot of time behind computers these days.
Actually the response was: for the price of a Kineses we can buy 30 dell keyboards! Stangely we get decent office chairs to sit in, why not cheap folding chairs?

Offline kps

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 14:11:34 »
Quote from: appie747;293481
Actually the response was: for the price of a Kineses we can buy 30 dell keyboards!

Wow, those Dell keyboards sure are overpriced!

Offline Lanx

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 14:23:18 »
imo i think the reason why ppl notice the need for chairs > keyboards is that their @$$ is in the chair 8hrs a day, versus the 2/3 hours of hard typing anyone is doing so that ergonomic impact is not felt as quickly. Also I suspect many people who have a computer are hunt and peckers, because as we know, while hunt and peckers look silly and downright stupid, they will never suffer RSI tho!

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 09:14:15 »
Wow, the thread that didn't die ...

I happened to come across this thread again (haven't been on the bored for a long time) I closed the thread as it seemed to want to turn into a bash fest, looks like a mod opened it up again or something. Anyhow ... while I haven't read more than a few posts it looks like some think I'm a troll.

FWIW I'm not a troll. Some people are quite excited about the amount of my preorder, but I'm wealthy enough that it wouldn't overly bother me if the company turned out to be fake - OK? I'm always surprised at the degree to which people are willing to invent conspiracy theories.

As probably discussed the company delayed the order again until late March with a $50 coupon to make up for it. I still expect they'll come through and am patiently waiting until they can ship out a keyboard.
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.

Offline iMav

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 09:22:58 »
I'd love to see TrulyErgonomic take me up on my offer of a vendor forum here.  It would certainly lend credibility to them and also give them additional exposure.  At the very least, it would be nice to see them pop in here.  :)

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 10:14:12 »
Quote from: iMav;294390
I'd love to see TrulyErgonomic take me up on my offer of a vendor forum here.  It would certainly lend credibility to them and also give them additional exposure.  At the very least, it would be nice to see them pop in here.  :)

I expect they're too busy at the moment. I started a similar business once, just keeping a website up to date was difficult enough, never mind customer emails.

By the way, what did happen with this thread, did you unlock it? Why? Apologies if its buried in there somewhere.

Offline j_r

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 11:52:06 »
Really, why would you be shocked this thread has persisted?  This forum has if anything given several people adequate pause before committing to a product that may not come to fruition.  Also, there have been several valid arguments about working prototypes, etc. - TE is just shooting themselves in the foot for not posting a video even of a rough working model.  A product such as this needs hype, but more prudently, demonstrative hype.

As per your questions regarding the life of the thread while you were away:  

4 Jan 2011, 21:39      #28
iMav
Site Admin

No need to close the thread. It has not been significantly derailed. It is valid to be skeptical of a keyboard that is, up to this point, vaporware. Several of the members here (myself included) have pre-ordered and certainly want the keyboard to be everything it is billed to be.

You, as a long-time Kinesis user should know that it is one thing to claim ergonomic bliss...it is quite another to deliver!

I think we should all, at best, be cautiously optimistic. They have obviously fabricated some PR for themselves. All start ups do it. Why would you take offense at us calling a spade a spade? As someone who has pre-ordered as well, I would think you are going into this with eyes wide open just like the rest of us.

Or do you have some additional information that we are not privy to??

(BTW, TE has received an invitation to join our vendor forums...we'll see how serious they are about customer service and open communication)

6 Jan 2011, 11:58      #44
Lanx

I guess i'll make it official, after a day of not posting and trying close his own thread (a behavior of trolls, the only ppl who have closed threads on GH are butthurt or trolls) so I dub thee, Architect Sir Troll-a-lot. Thank you fellow GH'ers for your fine work.

HID
Keyboard: Leopold FC200RC/AB; horrible ASUS rubber dome keyboard; (3) vintage AT keyboards: Tandy 2000 with horrible switches (Fujitsu), NMB RT2257TW, Fujitsu FKB 4800 (need drivers...)
Mouse: RAT5 mouse

Offline noctua

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 12:50:07 »
The neutrality issue may rage, this thread is certainly justified - it is an tribute to
the state of affairs concerning the TE predicaments..

Thus we cannot express a purchase recommendation for this offer without real facts..
DT225 CH Trackball

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 18:21:52 »
OK, well, I think it's a little rude for a mod to reopen a thread that a member desired to close, but whatever, the energy being put into this is pretty silly in my estimation. It's just a stupid keyboard.

By the way my wife laughed her ass off at the idea that TE was a scam. Sure, a scam in ergonomic keyboards, I'm sure Bernie Madoff will be proud when the evil TE is unmasked!

Offline iMav

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 19:13:31 »
Quote from: Architect;294549
OK, well, I think it's a little rude for a mod to reopen a thread that a member desired to close, but whatever, the energy being put into this is pretty silly in my estimation. It's just a stupid keyboard.
This thread is in a keyboard enthusiasts forum.  The discussion of a keyboard's merits is simply what we do here.  NOT discussing the Truly Ergonomic keyboard here would be silly.

By the way my wife laughed her ass off at the idea that TE was a scam. Sure, a scam in ergonomic keyboards, I'm sure Bernie Madoff will be proud when the evil TE is unmasked!
Questioning the validity of a start up that we know little about seems prudent to me.  The same skepticism is levied against other keyboard announcements here all the time (as well as brokers, eBay sellers, etc).  

I admit I am a bit dumbfounded by your blind loyalty to a company that has yet to produce anything.  I HAVE pre-ordered...so I have a stake in their success.  I feel they are, likely, legit (but, perhaps, in a bit over their heads).  They, however, don't get a pass from me until I see an actual product.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 19:20:38 »
Quote from: Architect
It's just a stupid keyboard.

REAL GeekHackers know that Keyboards are Serious Business!

Offline Lanx

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 21:05:57 »
OK, well, I think it's a little rude for a mod to reopen a thread that a member desired to close, but whatever,

Are you so oblivious to the fact that your playing in iMav's house? is it so difficult to use "back" and read the reasons why he decided to re-open this thread.
I mean your really talking like a blind whatever, but is it so difficult to look at iMav and see the title under his name? I mean some might not be able to get past the avatar but pretty much no one is that blind to see "Site Admin". It really seems like you have selective reading, or are just that stupid, I'm really hoping your just a picky reader.

Offline j_r

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 13 February 2011, 22:48:00 »
See... if this thread were closed then all of this discourse would not have happened - just because you start something does not mean you can control its outcome.... and yes optimism is a nice fiction but just maybe...

Buckling Spring Mini shipping

HID
Keyboard: Leopold FC200RC/AB; horrible ASUS rubber dome keyboard; (3) vintage AT keyboards: Tandy 2000 with horrible switches (Fujitsu), NMB RT2257TW, Fujitsu FKB 4800 (need drivers...)
Mouse: RAT5 mouse

Offline Keymonger

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 14 February 2011, 09:47:06 »
Well, if they pull if it off and the quality is good enough, I hope they do a white version. It's nice they offer a blank layout (key labels are pretty much useless IMO), but blank white keyboards are to die for. I'd never look back.

Offline notlofty

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 03:11:47 »
I'm reminded of the Notion Ink Adam. Small start up company, too good to be true looking product, loads of delays... but there are key differences. Notion Ink had a working prototype from the beginning and didn't take anyones money until they had a shipping product.
That said, I don't think TE will ever ship this keyboard...

Offline namitt

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 02:43:49 »
The uTron board is like that but it costs an arm and leg I'm afraid.thank you

Offline appie747

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 09:00:28 »
The uTron, still staggered but in a better way I suppose, but still it makes no sense to me to even have the keys staggered... and with the uTron, were do you rest your hands? And it's difficult to buy and expensive. I would like the Kinesis Advantage (also expensive) or the TrulyErgonomic, hope it comes out of the factory soon, if it ever does. if it doesn't maybe I'll go for the TypeMatrix 2030.

Offline Forsaken

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 19:03:58 »
Quote from: appie747;297195
The uTron, still staggered but in a better way I suppose, but still it makes no sense to me to even have the keys staggered... and with the uTron, were do you rest your hands? And it's difficult to buy and expensive. I would like the Kinesis Advantage (also expensive) or the TrulyErgonomic, hope it comes out of the factory soon, if it ever does. if it doesn't maybe I'll go for the TypeMatrix 2030.

Kinesis Advantage may be expensive, but it will last a LONG time, it's not a MS Natural 4000 that you have to replace once or twice every year.

Offline iMav

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 19:29:25 »
I've started feeling quite comfortable with my Kinesis Adv.  It has taken a few weeks...but I am really starting to dig it now.  And I don't seem to have any issues going back and forth between it and a more "standard" layout...which is a plus.

Offline noctua

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 03:01:45 »
iMav's post gives me hope and shows me that we are on the right track. But
contrary to the Kinesis i'm trying the Maltron way.. surely i have a little bit
more to do before i can use the beyboard, ..i like the Cherry MX Blue..
(standard are the black ones) ..i like the colemak layout (standard is qwerty)
.. yes time for the next project - Selfmade Keyboard round II..
:attention:
DT225 CH Trackball

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 04:46:54 »
Quote from: appie747;297195
The uTron, still staggered but in a better way I suppose, but still it makes no sense to me to even have the keys staggered...
I disagree.

I have not tried the µTron keyboard, but I believe it's staggering to be more natural than a flat matrix layout (like the TypeMatrix has). It has to do with the different length of the fingers. The ring finger and pinky are shorter than the middle finger (in that order) but on the other hand (no pun intended) the index finger is more dexterous and therefore it can have get more reach than the longer middle finger.
The most natural orientation of your hand on the keyboard is angled slightly inwards. Then you can rest, and really relax, all four fingers on four keys in a row. With a mirrored uniform staggering - like the µTron's, where both hand are equal, you can do this on all four rows of the keyboard and you can switch rows just by moving your fingers. With a matrix layout, you will have to either twist your wrist or move your hand to make the pinky reach the top row.

The TrulyErgonomic is also staggered!
If we see only the alphanumeric keys, then the layout of the µTron and TrulyErgonomic are more similar to each other than any of them is to the traditional QWERTY layout.
Imagine that each key on the µTron is rotated slightly so that they are laid out in columns instead of rows. Then the largest difference between the two layouts that you can see are that the index finger columns are a little bit lower on the TrulyErgonomic. The remaining differences are only very small shifts up and down.

The staggering on a classic QWERTY keyboard works for the right hand, but is all fouled up for the left hand, especially if you (try to) touch-type. Most people have keyboards with cursor keys and numpad on the left, with the alphanumeric typing area shifted to the left from how they sit. For them, the angle of the left hand is smaller than for the right hand. With a smaller angle, it becomes more natural to rest the left pinky on the Left Shift key than on A .. and that is, I think, why people use predominantly the left Shift key over the right. I think that people who don't touch-type, but have evolved their own typing style, they tend not to use the same fingers for the columns Q-Z,W-X,E-C,.. but for W-Z, E-X, R-C,.. with either fingers for the the home row.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 February 2011, 05:03:19 by Findecanor »

Offline Bruce

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 06:55:26 »
Hi Guys.
Just making a foray out of our vendor forum and reading this thread to keep up to date - a few things spring to mind, if you want my ten penneth worth.

I have read the 10 pages of posts quickly so please excuse if I missed anything.

It is not totally unreasonable to assume that a couple of young engineering students have been aware of Geekhack, have picked up on the need for a good switched ergo keyboard and have thought - hey, we'll sketch out a design, take pre-orders and then take the cash off to Asia and get the things made.
This could prove to be a viable way to start up but it is fraught with danger, and I would prefer someone else not gamble with my money.

Looking at the $150 price tag I would say they haven't guessed well at tooling and production costs either.

This is also a great way to pump Google hits in preparation for a later product launch, this thread alone probably increased the ranking for TE tenfold, but then why turn down a vendor forum? That is worrying as any legit business would love the publicity.

So then we get paranoia fuel. To say spam on email and snail is a reason not to have genuine addresses stretches credulity too far for me. No legit business wants to miss out on communications and these things are annoyances, not deal breakers. Even a student start up could handle that.

So I have no answers but I see no harm in getting a refund and waiting until they have some keyboards to sell. The 50 bucks store credit is as good as useless until there is something in the store.
There has to be some onus on a trader to come up with the goods, if he can't, he should lose, not his customers. I hope these guys come good, and it is reasonable to say they might do - just not on my bank role. I would want to wait until the water is less muddy.

If anyone wants Maltrons with Blues or Browns I would be happy to pass on requests, just post to Keyboard Company forum.

Offline Keymonger

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 07:50:00 »
Quote from: Findecanor;297642
I disagree.

I have not tried the µTron keyboard, but I believe it's staggering to be more natural than a flat matrix layout (like the TypeMatrix has). It has to do with the different length of the fingers. The ring finger and pinky are shorter than the middle finger (in that order) but on the other hand (no pun intended) the index finger is more dexterous and therefore it can have get more reach than the longer middle finger.
The most natural orientation of your hand on the keyboard is angled slightly inwards. Then you can rest, and really relax, all four fingers on four keys in a row. With a mirrored uniform staggering - like the µTron's, where both hand are equal, you can do this on all four rows of the keyboard and you can switch rows just by moving your fingers. With a matrix layout, you will have to either twist your wrist or move your hand to make the pinky reach the top row.

The TrulyErgonomic is also staggered!
If we see only the alphanumeric keys, then the layout of the µTron and TrulyErgonomic are more similar to each other than any of them is to the traditional QWERTY layout.
Imagine that each key on the µTron is rotated slightly so that they are laid out in columns instead of rows. Then the largest difference between the two layouts that you can see are that the index finger columns are a little bit lower on the TrulyErgonomic. The remaining differences are only very small shifts up and down.

The staggering on a classic QWERTY keyboard works for the right hand, but is all fouled up for the left hand, especially if you (try to) touch-type. Most people have keyboards with cursor keys and numpad on the left, with the alphanumeric typing area shifted to the left from how they sit. For them, the angle of the left hand is smaller than for the right hand. With a smaller angle, it becomes more natural to rest the left pinky on the Left Shift key than on A .. and that is, I think, why people use predominantly the left Shift key over the right. I think that people who don't touch-type, but have evolved their own typing style, they tend not to use the same fingers for the columns Q-Z,W-X,E-C,.. but for W-Z, E-X, R-C,.. with either fingers for the the home row.
The staggering on TrulyErgonomic's design and on the µTron board are at least sensible. On regular keyboards, it's asymmetrical, but if you look closely there are no lines. On the home row, you can see the row above it moves ~25% to the left, but then the row above that one moves 50% to the left. It's a total mess. This means your fingers have to deal with a zig-zag while moving up and down.

Offline appie747

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 08:09:39 »
@finedcanor: "staggered" is a word I just recently started using, but I think the meaning is the keys are in a straight column. Not shifted. So in my understandig the TE is not staggered, M, J and U are in a straight line, for instance. Same for the TypeMatrix. The uTron is staggered, the keys from top to bottom are slightly shifted.
The lenght of the fingers is taken in to account on the TE, also on the Kinesis advantage where the column for the pinky is "lowered" a bit.

Offline Bruce

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 10:30:05 »
Hey Ripster
You got my address, write me about it! :-)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 13:24:39 »
Found the TrulyErgonomic on Taobao. $441. Wow.

Offline neo

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 20:31:03 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;297797
Found the TrulyErgonomic on Taobao. $441. Wow.

But these are still the same computer renderings, not a single real picture in sight (besides the same picture of switches which could easily be from a different keyboard).

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 20:52:04 »
I bet it's the actual keyboard, but can't afford putting my money where my mouth is. You first :D

Offline Lanx

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 21:07:33 »
Quote from: appie747;297676
@finedcanor: "staggered" is a word I just recently started using, but I think the meaning is the keys are in a straight column. Not shifted. So in my understandig the TE is not staggered, M, J and U are in a straight line, for instance. Same for the TypeMatrix. The uTron is staggered, the keys from top to bottom are slightly shifted.
The lenght of the fingers is taken in to account on the TE, also on the Kinesis advantage where the column for the pinky is "lowered" a bit.

please try our thread on ergo terms!

imo i like the matrix styling.

Offline appie747

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 04:38:18 »
Quote from: Lanx;298052
please try our thread on ergo terms!

Where can I find that thread?

Offline neo

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 14:44:57 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;298045
I bet it's the actual keyboard, but can't afford putting my money where my mouth is. You first :D

I would love that keyboard to become reality, but the fact that there is not a SINGLE real picture of even a prototype ANYWHERE on the web, while the owner promises delivery next month leads me to conclude that this is a sham.

Offline milh_cbt

waiting and waiting
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 21:41:08 »
Quote from: ripster;298926
I'm still on the side of entrepreneurs.  Although I didn't know Canada had any.
Show Image

here is TE's response to my email, when I asked about product delivery.

from
Truly Ergonomic - Customer Service
to
Iman Lukmanul
date
Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
subject
Truly Ergonomic - autoreply
mailed-by
europa.linksky90.com

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard. We believe our product is an excellent investment in your personal health and comfort, and can serve to increase your typing efficiency.

We have received your e-mail and are grateful that you have contacted us; however, due to the amount of inquiries and the level of detail of such inquiries we are currently receiving, it will take us some time to respond to you personally.

In the meantime, you can visit our website to learn more and to read answers to frequently asked questions http://www.trulyergonomic.com/faq.html

Regards,
Customer Service
Truly Ergonomic Ltd.

how long should we wait for canadian entrepreneur?

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 23:25:02 »
One of my rare visits to this forum.

I'll admit my patience is wearing thin, but I don't have a lot of choice as my Kinesis Advantage Pro's just don't play nice with OS X. I've used them for 20 years, I'm on a Apple wired keyboard now and hate it.

I got this response back from the company recently, which I contacted as they missed the end of March date.
-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------

We understand your frustrations regarding our delivery delays, and we have no choice but to ask for your continued patience. Nobody is more frustrated than we are about the hurdles we have encountered, but we recognize the inconvenience you and all our other pre-order customers have incurred on account of those delays.

We are a young company, but it is imperative to us that we deliver quality above all else in our first production runs. It should be understood that pre-orders are not going to come with an exact delivery date under these circumstances. That being said, we realize that initial delivery dates we gave you arrived prematurely given third-party hurdles which we failed to anticipate, and that this has caused some inconvenience to yourself and those other customers who have put your faith in us by pre-ordering. We recognize that we are solely responsible for that inconvenience, but again, we can only ask for your continued patience. Rest assured that we are 100% dedicated to this product.

We are expecting delivery of pre-production models very soon. Once we receive them, we will capture a complete set of images, which we will upload to our website for your review at your leisure. We will contact you again when we have uploaded the images, or when we have a more accurate delivery date.

Our primary goal is to bring our line of products to market as soon as possible. We have put far too much effort and a very large investment into our Corporation to allow it to vanish into thin air. We know that customers like yourself and other pre-order customers appreciate this.

Regards,
Michelle
Customer Service
Truly Ergonomic Ltd.

Offline nesiax

• key64 libre keyboard
That keyboard will never be shipped.
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 07:52:05 »
The company behind the TE put all his effort into marketing efforts, as those that sell products through television, is the same scheme, like the ones who sell weight loss products but with the difference that the latter have something real to sell (except that does not work), I have to accept that I originally bought the keyboard based on the initial comment published by the architect but sooner I realized it was a hoax when i finished reading the whole thread and then i asked for my money back, later i decided to bought a choc mini because i wanted to test a mechanical keyboard and finally learned the lesson: never buy illusions .
p.d. nice 3d rendering mr. architect but there is more work to do instead of scamming people online excusing himself to be a new company like if you own a charitable institution.
now: key64.org with cherry blue keys and dsa keys |  before: noppoo choc mini with cherry brown keys
Check out the key64.org project , A Libre * Design, Minimalist, Ergonomic, Splittable, Symmetric, Compact 64 Keys, Eco-Friendly, Durable, Native Colemak Keyboard, Embedded Mouse and Firmware Programmable USB Keyboard.  * Free as in Freedom.
The key64 need a case, if you want to design it please contact us

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 07:56:17 »
Quote from: nesiax;325508
The company behind the TE put all his effort into marketing efforts ...

I'm reminded of why I don't frequent these forums.

Offline neo

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 13:01:06 »
Quote from: Architect;325509
I'm reminded of why I don't frequent these forums.

In case anyone missed it, Architect most likely is the guy behind TE scam.