Author Topic: [IC] Milkyway Velvet GB starts 1/27!  (Read 21328 times)

Offline tsoiab10

• Howdy :^]
[IC] Milkyway Velvet GB starts 1/27!
« on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:39:25 »
Milkyway Velvet
Hey everyone! After ePBT dreamscapes amazing run I wanted to do another PBT set, this time with Milkyway instead. I'm sure many of you guys have already heard about them but they have great quality keycaps, low lead times, and good pricing as well! This time I will be finally putting into interest check a set that I made back in early 2020 inspired from the album cover Russian Roulette by Red Velvet. This set will be all have the main alphas with dye=sub and reverse dye sub mods with the following colors for reference (Please note everything is still a work in progress and colors/kitting may change slightly down the line.):

The version of white I will be referencing will be GMK’s WS1 (Think about EPBT Kuro Shiro kind of white).
Renders:
Base

Latin Alphas

Accent Kit

40’s/Ortho

Nordeuk

Novelties

Deskmat

Board Renders:

Frog by Geon

Unnamed 75% cat board by my friend

Nemui By Bachoo

BO60 by my friend

Jiu

Fuji75 By CMM Studio

this render was inspired by Rifens Fuji75 render c:
Fuji65 By CMM Studio

Pricing:
Base: $95 USD
Latin Alphas: $20 USD
Accent Kit: $23 USD
40s: $25 USD
NORDEUK: $25 USD
Novelties: $20 USD
Vendors:
US: KeysPensory
CAN: KanataKeys
CN: Milkyway
SEA: ZionStudio
OCE: CustomKBD
EU: Keygem
Collaborations:
Asero Foundry:

Kiko.caps
meof.caps
yu.keys
Ellyarty.keys
IC Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OgPyc2mzXISW-O3eoHc5SuA54FkoK-ZsH6tasZVTtls/edit
Ending Statement:
If you want to follow this set more closely, feel free to follow my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/tsoiab10/) or join my discord server (https://discord.gg/CAaSZfEG7y); I'm there often so feel free to ask me questions. Also big thanks to the folks over at Milkyway (Join their discord here:https://discord.com/invite/ecxzfnue5P) for letting me work with them and JohnYYZ for dealing with my BS. Lastly, I wanted to make it clear with you guys that I made this set with novelties and a deskmat back in 2020, however I will not be going forward with those so please do not expect those to be made.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 January 2022, 19:10:23 by tsoiab10 »

Offline tsoiab10

Re: [IC] Milkyway Velvet (Inspired by the Russian Roulette album cover)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:40:12 »
Update 1- So far I reworked the kitting across all kits I wont list them all since there has been quite a number of changes but you can see what I originally had here: https://imgur.com/a/cQP7bsu . So far the biggest changes are the Latin alpha kit and the addition of a deskmat (the design might get changed slightly). I've also redone most of the board renders that had inconsistency issues and most of them should be ironed out by now except for the Candybar. Additionally an EU and SEA vendor have been added being Keygem and Zionstudios. Lastly I should be able to get quotes soon regarding the kits and color samples as well but so far that is the current progress I've made.
Update 2- Changed lighting in the kits to help show colors better, as well as reworking around some of the kits. Added some additionally board renders
Update 3- Small changes on Novelties NORDEUK kit and Deskmat, prices revealed as well as GB Date
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 January 2022, 11:14:34 by tsoiab10 »

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• PBT keycap manufacturer
    • MilkywayKeys
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:42:38 »
Looks great!!!  :D

Can't wait to make these!
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:45:17 by MILKYWAY KEYS »

Offline noxtace

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:44:38 »
Congrats on dreamscape. Looking forward to this one as well.

Offline ITZY!? MIDZY!?

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 23:02:06 »
I'm in!

Offline seulgom

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 23:09:20 »
As a fellow reveluv, this is auto buy for me

Offline seulgom

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 23:10:16 »
Excited for the novelties. Hope it can represent the cake girls as well

Offline leelooxxx

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 03:14:51 »
oh these are an insta buy for sure. GLWIC

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Offline stotle.caps

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 06:40:39 »
kitting looks good,color looks good,red velvet good,glwic

Offline kameron

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 07:22:24 »
consider adding mod colored esc and glwic

Offline tsoiab10

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 16:11:11 »
kitting looks good,color looks good,red velvet good,glwic
I will be adding another kit that will have Latin legends as well since that seems to be the most requested suggestion.
Congrats on dreamscape. Looking forward to this one as well.
Thanks!
Excited for the novelties. Hope it can represent the cake girls as well
As much as I’d like to create novelties regarding red velvet this is a set much more themed around the album artwork itself than anything else.
consider adding mod colored esc and glwic
Will do, this will be in an updated render coming soon.

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
Re: [IC] Milkyway Velvet CAN and US vendors announced
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 17:59:29 »
Flashbang.

Offline eg0t1st1k4l

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 18:26:59 »
ne saturation avail

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 18:32:54 »
Add a non-accented ISO enter in the base kit.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 19:11:04 »
As much as I want to echo all the positive feedback in this thread, I really believe some major improvements can be made. Most notably kitting and consistency, but everything in between should not be overlooked.

Some kitting errors I noticed ~ (with R1 at the top and R4 at the bottom for simplicity)
- The Base kit has alternate ANSI and Numpad Enters but not ISO Enter or Esc. kameron and Fran already mentioned this and it was stated to be fixed, but I guess there was a vendor update midway
- The Hangul sublegends are missing top-right aligned tertiary legends, as shown here
Edit: I was informed that these legends are sometimes omitted for aesthetics as they don't provide much legend value
- F13 should be mod coloured
- There's an extra unnecessary R1 Pg Up key (with a lowercase u) and R2 Pg Dn key to the right of the Numpad
- An R1 Pg Dn key is missing for 1800 support
- Despite off-center stem 6u spacebar not being in any kit, the base kit has an extra 1u Ctrl - keep in mind that supporting off-center 6u and the one layout that has dedicated support for it is optional
- The extra 1u Alt key also requires support from OG Winkey 1800 bottom row mods and/or 2x1.5u Super keys for Mac and true HHKB support - again, both optional
- Although not technically an issue, R3 Pg Up and R4 Pg Dn are missing - refer to this study by konstantin to see why they should be included
- The Accents kit includes 2x2.25u spacebars in white and 2x2.25u spacebars in yellow. Currently, only prkns' Whimsy can make use of both 2.25u spacebars - it makes some sense to include the accent coloured versions, not so much with alpha
- 1u and 1.25u spacebars are also missing from the kit; they could be included alongside dual 3u spacebars for better split space support
- The R3 Super keys in the 40s/Ortho kit should be a legend other than the one used as your OS key in the set
- If the above change is made, then the R3 Fn key can be cut
- 1.25u Shift isn't needed in this kit
- If both previously mentioned 1800 and Mac/HHKB layouts go unsupported in Base, then a 1u Ctrl and 1u Alt should be added for Ortho support
- Planck and Preonic bottom rows also require a 1u bottom row key (usually a generic legend) for support without arrow keys
- 1.75u Lock key is mislabeled as 2u
- Whimsy-exclusive 1.25u Lower and Raise keys are in this kit, but no second 2.25u space for its split space layout
- Another 3u spacebar should be added for increasingly common 2x3u spacebars
- This NordeUK kit is a mess, it's quite literally copy-pasted from Dreamscape with no regard to how it would work with forced Hangul sublegends
- I would try to help out more here (ex. removal of keys such as that single comma key) but it would likely end up misleading more than anything

Everyone loves consistency, right?
- Frog render has a Scroll key instead of the Scroll Lock key in the Base kit
- cat board render has a 1.25u Control and 1u Del key, relative to the 1.25u Ctrl and 1u Delete keys the set offers
- Candybar render has a text-only R2 Back key (inconsistent with icon version in 40s/Ortho), Numpad mods that aren't in the correct row profile, and accented keys that aren't offered
- The NordeUK kit also isn't featured in any renders but I can guess why

Anyways, if all of this gets confusing, then feel free to contact me on Discord @hali#4045
stay rad
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 October 2021, 21:25:50 by hali »

Offline Wolfarick

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 20:49:24 »
- The Hangul sublegends are missing top-right aligned tertiary legends, as shown here

From what I heard, some prefer the sublegends this way because having the tertiary ones are redundant and unnecessary for people who actually type Hangul. I don't type in Hangul a lot, but I agree.

Offline jeimuzu22

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 22:14:58 »
I'd be lying if I said the colour scheme was my thing, but I wanted to say thank you thank you thank you for doing a hangeul set! there's not enough of them out there and as a keeb nerd learning korean it's agony trying to find them

Offline kukkurovaca

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 23:42:05 »
I would be interested if the numpad operator keys on the Candybar were actually included (in those rows).

Offline Amoto

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 03:56:08 »
Looks good Tsoiboi :thumb:

Offline TimeToGetBroke

Re: [IC] Milkyway Velvet EU and SEA announced
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 17:33:18 »
first MW kit without alice support in the basekit, was really considering  this but that is kinda a no go especially if all other MW kits have it

Offline TimeToGetBroke

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 17:35:04 »
first MW kit without alice support in the basekit, was really considering  this but that is kinda a no go especially if all other MW kits have it
Edit : just saw this kit has numpad instead, id rather sees numpad as kit, and alice support in base :(

Offline nabi

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 08:47:54 »
nice

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 21:35:24 »
honestly the kitting isnt the best and the lighting in the kitting renders is throwing me off. The 40s kit is lacking a lot of keys, and theres not really any limitations from moq or anything so I think improvements can be made there, (look at mw fright night 40s mods or something) Also, you can make the latin alphas a full alpha kit so then 40s users are able to get just the alphas and 40s mods and cover a 40s board while saving money. set and colorway looks great tho, glwic! :thumb:

Offline hali

• hali.studio
Re: [IC] Milkyway Velvet waiting for Kitting quotes
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 10:52:56 »
hi, your norde kit is still broken af