Author Topic: [IC] JUKEBOX | Round 2 | Ordering Complete  (Read 159294 times)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: [IC] JUKEBOX | Gearing up for round 2 | Updated 1-20-16
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:22:12 »
I'm completely new to the mech game, but I'm in for a set.

Now I just need a board to put it on...

yay, now getting a board will be the exciting part!
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline ixtopolis

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:53:36 »

What sort of board did you have in mind? Size? Backlighting? Switch type? Bezel? Custom? There are so many options.  :D

I stumbled down this rabbit-hole purely by accident last week just looking for an external to my Macbook Air/replace my Razer Anansi and have spent all my downtime flipping through here and deskthority. I'm looking at a 60% or 68% or so board. IDEALLY The White Fox that I missed on Massdrop (also new to massdrop...).  I have been leaning to the Pok3r or the KBP60, but also eyeing the Varmilo 68 that's on Massdrop now. I'm a writer so I'm not sure if the functionality of the Pok3r would be lost on me.  I do like that it comes with an aluminum base. I'm meh about backlighting. I kind of like it but it's not important. No idea on switches so I just ordered a tester. Also Colemak compatibility (which I'm also new to).

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:54:53 »

What sort of board did you have in mind? Size? Backlighting? Switch type? Bezel? Custom? There are so many options.  :D

I do have a colemak+dvorak set so you should be good there :)

I stumbled down this rabbit-hole purely by accident last week just looking for an external to my Macbook Air/replace my Razer Anansi and have spent all my downtime flipping through here and deskthority. I'm looking at a 60% or 68% or so board. IDEALLY The White Fox that I missed on Massdrop (also new to massdrop...).  I have been leaning to the Pok3r or the KBP60, but also eyeing the Varmilo 68 that's on Massdrop now. I'm a writer so I'm not sure if the functionality of the Pok3r would be lost on me.  I do like that it comes with an aluminum base. I'm meh about backlighting. I kind of like it but it's not important. No idea on switches so I just ordered a tester. Also Colemak compatibility (which I'm also new to).

Offline skaloola

« Reply #403 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 05:11:31 »
I kinda lost track of what was happening with the icon mods.  As far as ownership, I'm quite sure a lot of it is already open domain (I found a bunch of cool stuff browsing through charmap).  I bet the modern selectric leader would let you use some of his molds (to save on cost).. but iirc they're only $40 each (I realize that can quickly addup though)

Oh and on another note I'd  personally rather have a full set of Carbon than my White Fox order.... *cough*pm me*cough*

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:42:24 »
Few updates:

Inquired about using someones Icon Mods for the run, will give more info on that as it develops as a possibility.

For the Non-Standard Adapter kit, I added a few keys to support 75% and 65% layouts. The 1U keys on the left on each row are really to give some layout options for those layouts mentioned. Instead of making specific keys, having these more "generic" terms will allow the keyboards to at least use something in those slots instead of a wrong key entirely.

Also, i forgot to mention that the "ENTER" key has been changed to "RETURN" as I felt it suited the set better.

Please shoot any suggestions you may have my way.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:12:54 »
Updated the kit with a good request from Engicoder to include a Green "\ |" key as well.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:21:37 »
Lookin good mate!

Offline E3E

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:22:43 »
Updated the kit with a good request from Engicoder to include a Green "\ |" key as well.

Show Image

LSB, I'm kissing my monitor right now.  :-*

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:29:51 »
Few updates:

Inquired about using someones Icon Mods for the run, will give more info on that as it develops as a possibility.

For the Non-Standard Adapter kit, I added a few keys to support 75% and 65% layouts. The 1U keys on the left on each row are really to give some layout options for those layouts mentioned. Instead of making specific keys, having these more "generic" terms will allow the keyboards to at least use something in those slots instead of a wrong key entirely.

Also, i forgot to mention that the "ENTER" key has been changed to "RETURN" as I felt it suited the set better.

Please shoot any suggestions you may have my way.

Show Image

Just my small suggestion: make 7u spacebar as stand alone child deal like all other spacebars in available sizes and Jukebox colors (RED and i guess TM). Not sure but this kit has some keys which could be used by other layouts but with standard spacebar size.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #409 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:29:58 »

And updated DT key. Still a work in progress.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #410 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:31:51 »
Also working on some novelties for the ErgoDox thumb cluster.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:43:14 »
Show Image

Love how that DT key is looking, but maybe a slightly different font. Idk, it just looks a little plain for some reason.

If they're the 2u (tall) keys, they'll also be able to be used on the += keys on the number pad. Just wanted to point that out.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:45:02 »
Show Image

Love how that DT key is looking, but maybe a slightly different font. Idk, it just looks a little plain for some reason.

If they're the 2u (tall) keys, they'll also be able to be used on the += keys on the number pad. Just wanted to point that out.

Yeah going to work on ways to make it a little more detailed somehow.

https://deskthority.net/resources/image/24693
Finally, going to make child deals to fit these boards, could take me a while  :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:54:16 »
Show Image

Finally, going to make child deals to fit these boards, could take me a while  :p

But who on earth except like, a tiny handful of people have those even? Hahaha. Dear god. Good luck, man!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #414 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 18:04:12 »
Show Image

Interested in those child deals ;) please send a board with it too!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #415 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 18:33:40 »
Show Image

But who on earth except like, a tiny handful of people have those even? Hahaha. Dear god. Good luck, man!

haha definitely kidding, dont need a $500 child deal =P

Offline WSweg

« Reply #416 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 23:29:36 »
Are the sets going to be the same price as the first round? Also, what would that be? Definitely plan on buying a set, just need to know how much money to put aside for when the time comes around.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #417 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 23:33:12 »
Are the sets going to be the same price as the first round? Also, what would that be? Definitely plan on buying a set, just need to know how much money to put aside for when the time comes around.
More or less, adapter kit has a few extra keys, a few have less. Aiming for more buyers this time around though, so hopefully cheaper all around! 80 or less for tkl base I'd imagine

Offline Revilos

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:00:17 »
Could there please be an alternate colour pack for the function row?

Blue F1, F2, F3, F4, F9, F10, F11, F12
White F5, F6, F7, F8

That would be amazing! Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:09:25 by Revilos »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 18:47:03 »
Ok, some changes that are going to show up in the renders soon.

No Atomic support. This really raises the price of the 40% kit, and I feel like very few will actually buy this for the atomic, so unfortunately for the good of the majority I will be scaling back that set. A Cream space bar for the planck will be added though.

Novelties will be finalized soon. The DT key is getting a bit of an overhaul, and the ErgoDox 2u thumb cluster will have all new novelties.

Looking at adding a 4th color, probably blue, somewhere in the kit as an extra set. This was something I had toyed with the first time around, though it just never came to fruition.

#thesiscamperhype

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 20:31:39 »
Render looks great!

At first thought, adding blue as a 4th color seems like a bit too much, but then as I visualize it, I think it could be really really awesome! I'd love to see some renders with a mix of all 4 colors in the way that you envision it.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 20:53:11 »

No Atomic support. This really raises the price of the 40% kit, and I feel like very few will actually buy this for the atomic, so unfortunately for the good of the majority I will be scaling back that set. A Cream space bar for the planck will be added though.

Novelties will be finalized soon. The DT key is getting a bit of an overhaul, and the ErgoDox 2u thumb cluster will have all new novelties.

Looking at adding a 4th color, probably blue, somewhere in the kit as an extra set. This was something I had toyed with the first time around, though it just never came to fruition.

#thesiscamperhype
Show Image

Maybe a blue gamer/esc kit?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 21:20:54 »

#thesiscamperhype
Show Image

Maybe a blue gamer/esc kit?

Yeah, i like that idea. Ill post up a few ideas later, but if you want to add ideas as well feel free!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 02:58:37 »
Hmm... REALLY depends on the shade of blue. Fortunately, shades of blue is something SP is not sparse with.

That Planck pic is timely though, built my Massdrop w/browns yesterday. DSA blanks is soooo 2015.

Offline ShadyQubit

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 10:48:22 »
Would it be possible to provide the colours inverted for the function row, so that somebody can make the function keys all blue or all white?

So the new keys would be:
and White F5, F6, F7, F8

EDIT: Yeah I've already posted this request on a different account (sorry! Forgot I'd posted already, and forgot the other account's password and lost its email)
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 January 2016, 14:22:57 by ShadyQubit »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 20:58:32 »
Would it be possible to provide the colours inverted for the function row, so that somebody can make the function keys all blue or all white?

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

EDIT: Yeah I've already posted this request on a different account (sorry! Forgot I'd posted already, and forgot the other account's password and lost its email)

Yeah I can make a mockup of this. Is anyone else interesting in a "Flex Pack" (See Carbon's drop for visual example until i get renders)? Basically the ability to have all 1 color on both the F row and Number Row?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #426 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:00:12 »

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

Yeah I can make a mockup of this. Is anyone else interesting in a "Flex Pack" (See Carbon's drop for visual example until i get renders)? Basically the ability to have all 1 color on both the F row and Number Row?

Personally not interested in a flex pack, but I can see this to be a desirable option. (Can't remember how many of these actually sold during the Carbon drop though.)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #427 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:01:31 »

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

Personally not interested in a flex pack, but I can see this to be a desirable option. (Can't remember how many of these actually sold during the Carbon drop though.)

I can ask the MD guys the numbers. Yeah, personally not my thing either, but if there is interest I can throw one together. A lot of the more obscure kits that may not tip, I will present to SP and let them run them eventually as well.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #428 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:03:20 »

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

I can ask the MD guys the numbers. Yeah, personally not my thing either, but if there is interest I can throw one together. A lot of the more obscure kits that may not tip, I will present to SP and let them run them eventually as well.

That'd be awesome! I can't wait to get this set, and I'm sure after that, I'd probably load up on some of the other options down the road. Helps to break up the spending a bit =P

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #429 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:04:55 »

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

That'd be awesome! I can't wait to get this set, and I'm sure after that, I'd probably load up on some of the other options down the road. Helps to break up the spending a bit =P

Yeah i need to see if PMK still has any of the nordic kits. Those were abysmal in sales last time, and if they still have some in the store I probably won't run that kit this time. That ends up just making it more expensive for everyone else.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 21:18:47 »

and White F5, F6, F7, F8

Yeah i need to see if PMK still has any of the nordic kits. Those were abysmal in sales last time, and if they still have some in the store I probably won't run that kit this time. That ends up just making it more expensive for everyone else.

PMK still has everything available other than the base set. I just have no idea how many they actually have of each.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #431 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 08:47:08 »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:05:11 »
Speaking of, who is wanting the Atomic keys in the planck kit? Definitely going to have a kit for the Planck and 40%'s in general, but not sure how many atomic users are really out there.

Offline sarang

« Reply #433 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:02:07 »
Will there be Ergodox set with legends? Pretty please? At least different colours for the the ergodox mods so that they are easy to recognize?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 16:12:32 »
I get the Planck kit, Jack is breaking out, but is the Atomic PCB even finalized yet?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:18:23 »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:18:53 »
Show Image

Trying to build up a lot of hype before Round 2? It's working.  :))

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:26:44 »
Show Image

Trying to build up a lot of hype before Round 2? It's working.  :))

Just showing the board I put my set on. Would love a Viper to go full HHKB style on :(

Offline Glenmael

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 20:22:27 »
Show Image

Uughh. I need round 2 to start already!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #440 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 22:17:02 »
Show Image

Uughh. I need round 2 to start already!

YES, Round Two should start ............ soon.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 22:27:53 »
trust me, it will  :thumb:

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #442 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 22:40:19 »
Passed on this the first round, don't think I'll be able to pass it up again.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 04:07:32 »
Will there be Ergodox set with legends? Pretty please? At least different colours for the the ergodox mods so that they are easy to recognize?

Something along the lines of Granite's Ergodox addon would be nice.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 06:52:06 »
I want this but some good things are constantly popping up.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 06:57:45 »
I think I'm going to be passing on Pulse to save money for this set. This and Carbon, best 2 SA sets IMO!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 09:22:03 »
Yeah, I fell in the Pulse hole, so I might not be able to afford this set.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 11:02:44 »

Here's the problem with that. Granite was uniform profile (DSA) and dye subbed. Not only would the cost of the set rise to pay for new any new molds, I would literally have to have the set be 3-4 times larger than any other ergodox set so far because everyone uses such a different layout on the ergodox. I am putting some novelties into the set still, but legends on a sculpted set for a keyboard like the Dox just doesn't seem to be a good idea. I can see people just wanting this key or that key added indefinitely.

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:13:03 »
Curious how this would blend together with Nantucket...

Also, seeing the change to a 'return' key interests me greatly. I really dislike 'enter', that key will forever be return in my mind.

Offline sarang

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 14:20:25 »

Here's the problem with that. Granite was uniform profile (DSA) and dye subbed. Not only would the cost of the set rise to pay for new any new molds, I would literally have to have the set be 3-4 times larger than any other ergodox set so far because everyone uses such a different layout on the ergodox. I am putting some novelties into the set still, but legends on a sculpted set for a keyboard like the Dox just doesn't seem to be a good idea. I can see people just wanting this key or that key added indefinitely.

How about at least the default ergodox layout? That should satisfy the beginners on the dox at least. I for one have been using blanks exclusively untill I shifted to the ergodox this month. And now I need legends as the learning curve is pretty steep. Talk about dropping from 80wpm down to 35.