Author Topic: NE1 making Gym plans already?  (Read 7544 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
NE1 making Gym plans already?
« on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 19:20:51 »
Getn' rdy to Xercise ? (Swolle 2020)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: NE1 making Gym plans already?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 20:11:19 »
Not to jinx myself, but I've been going 2-4x a week since the beginning of November. I'm actually surprised that I've managed to keep it up for this long, and luckily it's gotten to the point where I actually feel bad if I miss nearly an entire week without hitting the gym.

Thing is though I haven't lost ANY weight yet, and that's going for 1.5-2hrs at a time strenuously so idk what's going on there, but I've certainly tightened some areas up. They say muscle weighs more but it doesn't seem scientifically correct for the amount I've been working out I haven't lost any weight, something isn't adding up there.  :confused:

My end goal is to keep going at least 2x a week until the end of May, then we'll see how I feel about the results and if it's worth it to keep going.

Offline walie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 20:44:07 »
Not to jinx myself, but I've been going 2-4x a week since the beginning of November. I'm actually surprised that I've managed to keep it up for this long, and luckily it's gotten to the point where I actually feel bad if I miss nearly an entire week without hitting the gym.

Thing is though I haven't lost ANY weight yet, and that's going for 1.5-2hrs at a time strenuously so idk what's going on there, but I've certainly tightened some areas up. They say muscle weighs more but it doesn't seem scientifically correct for the amount I've been working out I haven't lost any weight, something isn't adding up there.  :confused:

My end goal is to keep going at least 2x a week until the end of May, then we'll see how I feel about the results and if it's worth it to keep going.

Eat less

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 02:50:09 »
No plans.
I've never made new years resolutions.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 09:07:20 »
No plans.
I've never made new years resolutions.

Bluejuice has nevr been Phat B4..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 09:09:30 »

Based on what I've read, +20lbs of muscle is possible in the 1st serious workout year w/ Creatine supplements.

~10lbs is more likely without supplements.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 16:59:24 »

Based on what I've read, +20lbs of muscle is possible in the 1st serious workout year w/ Creatine supplements.

After just 2 months I can see clear gains on muscle groups that otherwise see no use, so it's already paying off in terms of that. Plus I've recently been able to go from brisk walking on the treadmill to actual running, so something is affecting my body positively. I want abs the most, but floor exercises are my absolute least favorite type of exercise so I guess abs will always be a dream.

It happens, but it happens slowly. Real slowly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 17:49:51 »

I want abs the most, but floor exercises are my absolute least favorite type of exercise so I guess abs will always be a dream.

Abs is a starvation thing, not quite an exercise thing.

You can put some thickness on it through floor exercises, but ultimately, you have to starve it out.

That said, overall good goal.

Thinspo.. ?? Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran, Stargate SG-1

232496-0

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 00:54:07 »

After just 2 months I can see clear gains on muscle groups that otherwise see no use, so it's already paying off in terms of that. Plus I've recently been able to go from brisk walking on the treadmill to actual running, so something is affecting my body positively. I want abs the most, but floor exercises are my absolute least favorite type of exercise so I guess abs will always be a dream.

It happens, but it happens slowly. Real slowly.

I've been going through this for the past 3-4 years. To lose weight, you *must* track what you eat and eat a lot less than you think (Idk your stats, but likely under 2000 Calories/day). You get 100% of your calories through eating and expend only 10% through exercise (the other 90% are expended by normal bodily functions you can't change), so exercise alone will never work unless you naturally have no appetite, in which case you probably wouldn't be trying to lose weight anyway.

Also, you have to pick either losing weight or building muscle as a goal. If you're on a caloric deficit, muscle is very unlikely to grow because you don't have spare nutritional resources, and you won't have the energy to push yourself as hard as you need to in workouts. That said, you can still gain some strength through neurological adaptation (nervous system efficiency and motor unit recruitment). I'm not trying to kill your motivation; I just don't want you to fail because you set conflicting goals. Caveat: There are a lot of if's, and's, and but's in fitness and nutrition; however, the effects of these things are usually negligible or require extreme diligence to work, so what I'm saying may not be technically correct in every single case, but it is *practically* correct.

For me:
I spent 2016 losing weight. I spent 2017 trying to build muscle and strength slowly and then saying screw it and just gaining all the weight back so that I could rapidly gain strength (because I was trying to go the powerlifter route). I spent 2018 being injured and making no progress. I spent 2019 losing the weight (and most of the strength) again. I plan on spending 2020 doing what I initially intended on doing, gaining strength and muscle slowly on a slight caloric surplus (maybe alternating strength and hypertrophy blocks) and also taking supplements this time. I still have another five pounds or so that I want to lose before that.

I also thought of the horrible idea of running at least one mile every day, basically as a way to keep myself running since I've been slacking off. In 2019, I ran a half marathon in April, trained for a 100 mile bicycle ride (but only ended up doing 75 miles), and then trained up to running eight miles again for another half marathon in the fall that I ended up not doing. I am going to do the half marathon again this April but I want to improve my time, which I think is possible since I'm already in some semblance of shape and weigh less. I think I can also do the 100 mile bike ride this year since my main challenges in 2019 were salt depletion and butt pain from the saddle.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline cyberops27

• Cyber Security Companies in Mumbai
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 02:55:18 »
my plans are bit different.instead of running i will run my fingers on keyboard.  :)) :))

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 04:46:19 »
I signed up to new gym this weekend, went first time yesterday.
Planning to go there 3-4 times a week.
In 2 months I'll be 40. Round 40...
So plan is to drop my weight to 140kg :D
Not saying how much I weight now, but this is gonna be a loooong trip...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 08:21:57 »

Chk out the Documentary - The Game Changers (2018) -

Offline phinix

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:18:18 »

Chk out the Documentary - The Game Changers (2018) -

Show Image

Just watched the trailer - I'm gonna watch it tonight, thanks tp!
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Kavik

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 20:24:16 »
Last night I was reminded of why running every single day is not feasible: shin splints. I started getting a slight case of them during my run last night. I'll see how long I can go before I actually need to stop, but I know it won't be possible for more than a month. After that, I'll probably just set a mileage goal per week and space out the runs more.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 02:36:30 »
Picked up going climbing again in December; previously I had been out of the game for several months following a tendon injury and two almost back-to-back holidays.

Slowly building muscle again now; got wiped out yesterday xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Sniping

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 09:40:34 »
I'm always trying to exercise. I spend time lifting sometimes but I'm mostly doing running and biking. I did a park run 5k last year in just under 19 minutes and trying to see if I can go under 18 this year. The weight loss usually follows with fitness, I'm not extremely heavy but I'm 145lb now and could lose maybe like 5-10 pounds if I were more fit? I think losing any more weight than that would make my lifts weaker

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 10:09:27 »
Picked up going climbing again in December; previously I had been out of the game for several months following a tendon injury and two almost back-to-back holidays.

Alex Honnold , one of the greatest climbers ever eats a 100% Veggie diet.

It massively increases Endurance and Strength.

Honnold free-climbed El-Capitan (3000 feet prominence) sans rope.

233702-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 10:17:59 »
Last night I was reminded of why running every single day is not feasible: shin splints. I started getting a slight case of them during my run last night. I'll see how long I can go before I actually need to stop, but I know it won't be possible for more than a month. After that, I'll probably just set a mileage goal per week and space out the runs more.

This usually comes down to technique and power2weight ratio.

technique side, it's usually people running too long too slowly. If they ran a little faster for a short time, which would require a longer more powerful stride, there wouldn't be as much load on the tibialis.

For weight, if there's alot of top weight or mobile weight it could be throwing off the proper stride.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 10:52:15 »

Alex Honnold , one of the greatest climbers ever eats a 100% Veggie diet.

It massively increases Endurance and Strength.

And massively decreases will to live D: .

That said, I'm trying to lose a few kilos, so I stopped eating dinner.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 11:03:34 »
And massively decreases will to live D: .

That said, I'm trying to lose a few kilos, so I stopped eating dinner.

Unsteady energy input may lead to strength loss.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 11:08:37 »
I stopped having breakfast for a few years now.

Only eat 2 meals a day, trying to eat dinner as early as possible also.
Helped me stabilize my weight.

Stopping alcohol is where I truly lost weight.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 11:19:37 »

Intermittent fasting has been one my most reliable go to's to lose weight, it does take some discipline, but it works well.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 13:19:11 »

This usually comes down to technique and power2weight ratio.

technique side, it's usually people running too long too slowly. If they ran a little faster for a short time, which would require a longer more powerful stride, there wouldn't be as much load on the tibialis.

For weight, if there's alot of top weight or mobile weight it could be throwing off the proper stride.

You are likely correct. I am a slow runner, and I know from experience that long distance runs start hurting my knees, not because of the distance necessarily but because of the slow and short strides that come with exhaustion. I hadn't really applied this logic to shin splints though. I know I got much worse ones when I was weaker and fat.

Ultimately though, it is load management. Frequency, intensity, and volume all play into how much the body can recover from. Right now, the intensity and volume are fairly low, but the frequency is too high. My body also sucks at recovery in general. Any program (lifting, running, or cycling) I have done eventually gets too hard because it's three or four days per week of ever increasing intensity, and I eventually get to the point that I regress in performance because I need more than one or two days to recover.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 02:16:51 »

Intermittent fasting has been one my most reliable go to's to lose weight, it does take some discipline, but it works well.

Doesn't require discipline for me. I put my alarm clock 20 minutes later, I sleep a bit more, I don't have time for breakfast. Easy.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:24:01 »
Last time I went was on the 29th and I actually do feel slightly worse now. A little less energy, a little less motivated, things are slightly less tight.

So even not losing weight there does seem to be a positive mental effect from exercise. It may even just be a placebo in so much you are gaining confidence or a sense of superiority knowing you 'go to the gym.'

There HAS to be a way to get faster results though, how can one maximize weight loss exercises at 4hrs a week?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:19:50 »
There HAS to be a way to get faster results though, how can one maximize weight loss exercises at 4hrs a week?

The primary problem is actually food intake.

The majority of what you eat is GREASOLICIOUS. You will never achieve your goal eating the way current 'Muricans eat.

Even if you do, you can not maintain it for long, because you'll feel cranky, hungry and sick

233793-0

Offline Kavik

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:55:59 »

The primary problem is actually food intake.

The majority of what you eat is GREASOLICIOUS. You will never achieve your goal eating the way current 'Muricans eat.

Even if you do, you can not maintain it for long, because you'll feel cranky, hungry and sick

(Attachment Link)

TP4 is correct on both counts. Realistically, if you did only cardio for four hours per week (assuming running 10 minute miles), you'd probably only be able to burn about 2,400 Calories which only accounts for 342 Calories/day.

The best way to control appetite is to eat things that are not hyper-palatable and to mix in things that are less calorically dense. Even though it's not exciting to make for dinner, I am stuffed when I make 200-300 Calories of vegetable stir fry (you can buy a frozen bag of this stuff at Walmart for cheap. Just throw it on a pan to heat it up). Soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, and/or hot sauce make nice additions for flavor. I also add canned chicken, tuna, or rice sometimes. You'd be surprised how much the super sweet/salty/fatty taste of hyper-palatable foods affects your desire to keep eating.

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:59:54 by Kavik »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 19:09:57 »
TP4 is correct on both counts. Realistically, if you did only cardio for four hours per week (assuming running 10 minute miles), you'd probably only be able to burn about 2,400 Calories which only accounts for 342 Calories/day.

Trouble is almost entirely due to Greasoliciousness, behind which is <hedonism>

Sigh.. It's a tough sell , telling peeps, hey dude, food shouldn't taste THAT gud'..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 01:10:37 »
Food is the lowest priority of things we need to survive anyway. I don't get why everyone's so obsessed with it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:03:39 »
Food is the lowest priority of things we need to survive anyway. I don't get why everyone's so obsessed with it.

Sex is definitely the lowest priority for survival by a wide margin. So low in fact many go without it at all!

Offline yui

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:28:17 »

Sex is definitely the lowest priority for survival by a wide margin. So low in fact many go without it at all!

for survival of the individual sex was bad for a long time (and still kinda is) but for survival of the specie it is essential.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:33:00 »
I came back last night from another trip to gym. In my condition I cannot do anything heavy, so I only do treadmill cardio.
After an hour of it, I felt pain in my hip, knees, feet. It was satisfying, when came off the mill with all clothes being wet, but when came back home, took a bath, had a tea and went to bed, I felt the agony.
This morning I keep feeling the pain in my hip and legs. I think this isn't for me, its too heavy on my whole posture, legs etc
Time to switch to swimming...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 03:08:31 »
I came back last night from another trip to gym. In my condition I cannot do anything heavy, so I only do treadmill cardio.
After an hour of it, I felt pain in my hip, knees, feet. It was satisfying, when came off the mill with all clothes being wet, but when came back home, took a bath, had a tea and went to bed, I felt the agony.
This morning I keep feeling the pain in my hip and legs. I think this isn't for me, its too heavy on my whole posture, legs etc

Exercise bike is the easiest on joints and most convenient. There's loads of um, $20 on craigslist, almost brand new.

Offline phinix

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 03:34:02 »

Exercise bike is the easiest on joints and most convenient. There's loads of um, $20 on craigslist, almost brand new.

Can't do, my knees hurt, plus my coccyx (I had 3 different bikes and they all had weird uncomfortable seats) :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 03:35:51 by phinix »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 05:07:22 »
Whenever I have had a gym membership, I have always found it difficult to find the time to go there regularly. After work, the first thing I want to do is to have dinner, and I prefer to do that at home.
I do lift dumbbells at home now and then... but I have not been too regular about it.

I have acid reflux problems, and the common recommendation for that condition is to not cut down on eating but to eat smaller meals more often.

After just 2 months I can see clear gains on muscle groups that otherwise see no use, so it's already paying off in terms of that. Plus I've recently been able to go from brisk walking on the treadmill to actual running, so something is affecting my body positively.
Cool. I have read that bigger muscles require more energy, also while at rest. So just having more muscles would make it easier to burn calories.

After an hour of it, I felt pain in my hip, knees, feet.
Bikes are worse than running?
I had knee problems once, and while it hurt when running, I could ride the exercise bikes. Then I used low weights on a few different leg machines, because that would supposedly "stabilise the joints", but I dunno.

Offline phinix

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 06:01:16 »
Whenever I have had a gym membership, I have always found it difficult to find the time to go there regularly. After work, the first thing I want to do is to have dinner, and I prefer to do that at home.
I do lift dumbbells at home now and then... but I have not been too regular about it.

I have acid reflux problems, and the common recommendation for that condition is to not cut down on eating but to eat smaller meals more often.

After just 2 months I can see clear gains on muscle groups that otherwise see no use, so it's already paying off in terms of that. Plus I've recently been able to go from brisk walking on the treadmill to actual running, so something is affecting my body positively.
Cool. I have read that bigger muscles require more energy, also while at rest. So just having more muscles would make it easier to burn calories.

I had knee problems once, and while it hurt when running, I could ride the exercise bikes. Then I used low weights on a few different leg machines, because that would supposedly "stabilise the joints", but I dunno.

Bike makes my butt hurt more than knees:)
I used to do heavy weights back in sec school and uni (like leg press bench, my record was 485kg), but had to stop doing this because my eyes condition :rolleyes:

I think swimming is the last thing that could help me lose weight, then come back to treadmill and stuff...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 06:07:03 »

Can't do, my knees hurt, plus my coccyx (I had 3 different bikes and they all had weird uncomfortable seats) :(

I'm talking about the stationary bikes, you can fit them with large comfort seats which will remove the coccyx issue.

For joints issues, peddle with lighter resistance Faster or Longer.  You can adjust these variables to minimize joint stress, while achieving equivalent output load.

Offline phinix

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 06:28:02 »

I'm talking about the stationary bikes, you can fit them with large comfort seats which will remove the coccyx issue.

For joints issues, peddle with lighter resistance Faster or Longer.  You can adjust these variables to minimize joint stress, while achieving equivalent output load.

Yeah, I was also talking about stationary bikes. coccyx problem is bigger than just a small pain, unfortunately none of seats are good for me:(
My doctor keeps giving me Naproxen for it, it's been almost 2 years now, Naproxen for breakfast, Naproxen for dinner...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 13:28:25 »
Yeah, I was also talking about stationary bikes. coccyx problem is bigger than just a small pain, unfortunately none of seats are good for me:(
My doctor keeps giving me Naproxen for it, it's been almost 2 years now, Naproxen for breakfast, Naproxen for dinner...

Hrrrmm.... You've probably got atherosclerosis on the veins of your lower spinal cord.

Much of the spine is supported by diffused nutrients where components such as the spinal disc does not have a direct blood supply.

They've autopsied people with chronic back pain and found that indeed in most cases plaque has clogged the lower blood lines, which lead to reduced nutrient flow, which lead to pathology (such as disc degeneration),  without the normal flow rate, there isn't enough nutrients diffused to get to the spine components for them to heal or stay healthy...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 14:16:14 »

for survival of the individual sex was bad for a long time (and still kinda is) but for survival of the specie it is essential.

food > sex

food = energy
can't make sex without energy
can't feed babies without food

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 14:22:44 »

food > sex

food = energy
can't make sex without energy
can't feed babies without food

TREES > Food

Without Trees, the Biosphere collapses, no more food, no more life on earth for hughmahnnz.

The only way to save the planet is through conversion to a WFPB Diet.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 18:56:13 »
Biking shorts tend to be padded, so maybe that would help. I have never had that problem.
Unlike most other types of trousers they are also sewn without a crotch-seam, which otherwise gets stressed and could rip from sitting on a bicycle seat.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 04:32:47 »

Cycling is great for your glutes 8) .

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:25:04 »
nope no gym for me, waste of money - I'll just invest in another bike and pedal my a$$ off (used to ride around 30miles/day).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Sniping

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:45:10 »
love riding bikes but that's not a good way to look at it. cyclists are some of the most lopsided athletes out there. you can be cat 1 and have no upper body strength and sometimes mediocre lower body strength as well, can't survive in a pool and will run like a JV high school xc kid.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 09:38:57 »
love riding bikes but that's not a good way to look at it. cyclists are some of the most lopsided athletes out there. you can be cat 1 and have no upper body strength and sometimes mediocre lower body strength as well, can't survive in a pool and will run like a JV high school xc kid.
I'm more a fan of Mountain Bikes than just your standard road bike, also used to ride BMX as well - broke my bikes alot doing that compared to trail riding or using the bike on the street so I could go on and off road when needed.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D