Author Topic: QMK Programming Issue - KBD 75 PCB  (Read 2150 times)

Offline bball2

QMK Programming Issue - KBD 75 PCB
« on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 22:01:06 »
Hey guys, ran into a real weird issue programming a KBD 75 build. I programmed it a few days ago and everything seemed to work fine. Today I tried to change a key on the second layer and that's when everything went FUBAR. Here's what I am trying to program:

(Note: the screenshot is what I am trying to program, the blue scribble is what the keys are registering)

Unfortunately the (original) caps lock key and left control key both register caps lock only. The left os key registers alt. The left alt key registers nothing. The right os key also registers nothing.

The weird thing is when I try to program it so, all the keys register as they should (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). But changing any of those causes the keys mentioned above to stop working properly. Ie)

I am using https://config.qmk.fm/#/kbd75/LAYOUT to build the layout and qmk_toolbox.exe to flash the keyboard. I also tried using http://www.qmkeyboard.cn/ to build the hex file but same issues.

Has anyone else run into this issue, or can recommend a possible troubleshooting fix?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 June 2018, 22:03:24 by bball2 »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: QMK Programming Issue - KBD 75 PCB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 22:10:36 »
So if you use the lower layout, there is no issue and everything registers as shown, but if you change any key, there is an issue? Have you tried just changing one key at a time to see if it makes any difference? As in only change one from the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to the desired key at a time, and then back to the number to test the next key. If it randomly has issues with just those keys, there may be an issue with the QMK firmware for that keyboard.

I think the issue is firmware based as this isn't a logical issue with any hardware.

Offline bball2

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 00:02:43 »
So if you use the lower layout, there is no issue and everything registers as shown, but if you change any key, there is an issue? Have you tried just changing one key at a time to see if it makes any difference? As in only change one from the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to the desired key at a time, and then back to the number to test the next key. If it randomly has issues with just those keys, there may be an issue with the QMK firmware for that keyboard.

I think the issue is firmware based as this isn't a logical issue with any hardware.

Yeah went through things one by one and anything involving left control, left alt, left os, or right os just didn't seem to work. I ended up getting things to work using the mod key combinations section though, so definitely usable  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 00:15:02 »
Yeah went through things one by one and anything involving left control, left alt, left os, or right os just didn't seem to work. I ended up getting things to work using the mod key combinations section though, so definitely usable  :thumb:

Show Image

Yeah something with the configurator and that keyboard don't mix it seems. May need to report the issue as I haven't experienced this issue with any of the boards I have.