Author Topic: [IC] Artisan Case - Snaccbox *2020 UPDATE*  (Read 45277 times)

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
Re: [IC] Artisan Case - ‘Snaccbox’
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 22:08:07 »
BAS1C, are there any updates yet? :)

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 19:27:07 »
Any updates?

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 19:34:43 »
Definite need on this beast!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 10:25:31 »
Any updates?

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay in response, was out on vacation for a bit there.

Talked to my manu on Tuesday, he had to make an additional repair to the Tormach to maintain a 12' X axis travel to fit the case. He was supposed to complete the repairs yesterday. I will respond again as soon as i have the details. Sorry for the lengthy proto period here. My manufacturer is working hard to get the machine set up to tackle this project effectively.

I'll be back tonight!

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 10:27:45 »
Ayee he lives!!

Thank you for the update!

Offline yur1orlov

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 13:39:29 »
Really excited for this
Keycult no1rev1 | Keycult no2rev1 | Jane v2 Blue Grey | Kyuu x2 | QXP | Rukia

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:54:39 »
Whooo Hoooo!!! I was starting to worry this was going to get buried. Glad to see it was just a little well deserved vacation!

Cant wait for this to become a real thing. Far to many of my caps are living in bad homes..

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 17:15:30 »
Any updates?

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay in response, was out on vacation for a bit there.

Talked to my manu on Tuesday, he had to make an additional repair to the Tormach to maintain a 12' X axis travel to fit the case. He was supposed to complete the repairs yesterday. I will respond again as soon as i have the details. Sorry for the lengthy proto period here. My manufacturer is working hard to get the machine set up to tackle this project effectively.

I'll be back tonight!
Amazing! Didnt get update on my taptalk so had no idea this was going to still be a GO! Super stoked, finally a quality box that's the right size!!!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:15:38 »
Hey All,

Quick update! The machinist (Brad) finalized some extensions to his Y-axis travel over the weekend. He's been running test parts the last 2 days to ensure fixes will hold and are good-to-go. He informed me he should be good to start cutting proto pieces tomorrow after work! Woop. I am hoping to get through a pretty quick turnaround and GB taking orders phase so we can get right into production and have these out to buyers before the big meetups this summer. (And so yuppie can fill it with his overflowing amount of bots).

I will be checking for a couple things with the proto:
1) Fit of all pieces together, and acrylic window
2) Ease of removal of the top
3) Size of slots to ensure most of the taller artisans fit, without making it impossible to remove them.
4) Usefulness of a proposed angled weight - working on this design now. Stay tuned. I'd like to offer this as an add-on if you want to angle it say at a 5% or something for display.

Feel free to ask questions or mention concerns below so that I can address them with the prototype and ensure satisfaction!
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:18:46 by BAS1C »

Offline BestShuckleNA

• はあちゃまっちゃま~!
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 17:29:00 »
Sorry if you already answered but are you still planning on acrylic bottom as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:05:47 »
Sorry if you already answered but are you still planning on acrylic bottom as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It could probably be an option, depends on cost.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:25:36 »
And anotha' one. First off, apologies for the delays in the last month on updates. I will try to tell the whole story for full transparency.

I submitted payment for the Prototype on Oct. 12, 2018. Back then the understanding was he needed to make some changes to his machine and pick up a few extra parts. No problem. Fast forward to 2019 - I launched the IC post as he was nearing completion of the modifications on the machine. I was asking weekly for updates, but consistently the proto was not completed. It seems his new job had eaten up too much of his spare time. This worried me, that if we did get the proto done and then got into GB phase, I would not be able to rely on timely completion of the final product for all of you to enjoy. In light of this, I should be receiving a refund for my prototype payment shortly - irregardless of this I have already begun working towards getting this manufactured elsewhere.

I have high hopes that this will actually open up the options and decrease the overall cost of the base kit. Good news all around. Bad news, it'll take a bit more time.  Once I have a new manufacturer locked in, I'll post up the new options and final kit design based on feedback I've received thus-far and this should allow us to blast through prototype to GB phase. Hoping to have these in your hands before the summer meet ups! Thank you kindly for your patience. Stay tuned for a OG post update with updated info and perhaps a new input form. My ultimate goal here is to get you guys an awesome product that you will love to stare at for endless hours everyday, this is just a speedbump with more rainbows on the other side.

Your snaccboi,

BAS1C

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:29:33 »
Maybe I missed somewhere, will there be a polycarbonate version?

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:31:01 »
Maybe I missed somewhere, will there be a polycarbonate version?

Yes, my previous manufacturer was going to do the proto in acrylic, but will only agree to a new manufacturer if they can do the prototype in Polycarbonate. PC will be material of choice for the mid section - I will explore if the case is solid enough with full poly or if we need the alu bits for support.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:32:04 »
And anotha' one. First off, apologies for the delays in the last month on updates. I will try to tell the whole story for full transparency.

I submitted payment for the Prototype on Oct. 12, 2018. Back then the understanding was he needed to make some changes to his machine and pick up a few extra parts. No problem. Fast forward to 2019 - I launched the IC post as he was nearing completion of the modifications on the machine. I was asking weekly for updates, but consistently the proto was not completed. It seems his new job had eaten up too much of his spare time. This worried me, that if we did get the proto done and then got into GB phase, I would not be able to rely on timely completion of the final product for all of you to enjoy. In light of this, I should be receiving a refund for my prototype payment shortly - irregardless of this I have already begun working towards getting this manufactured elsewhere.

I have high hopes that this will actually open up the options and decrease the overall cost of the base kit. Good news all around. Bad news, it'll take a bit more time.  Once I have a new manufacturer locked in, I'll post up the new options and final kit design based on feedback I've received thus-far and this should allow us to blast through prototype to GB phase. Hoping to have these in your hands before the summer meet ups! Thank you kindly for your patience. Stay tuned for a OG post update with updated info and perhaps a new input form. My ultimate goal here is to get you guys an awesome product that you will love to stare at for endless hours everyday, this is just a speedbump with more rainbows on the other side.

Your snaccboi,

BAS1C

Better to find out on the prototype and only refunding yourself, rather than running the GB and having to refund all of us. Thank you for being transparent about it all. And like you said, this will most likely lead to more options for us when you get the new manufacturer working on it!

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:57:19 »
Thanks for being super transparent, really looking forward to this box..  Watching the thread like a hawk, thanks snaccb0i

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:10:11 »
Really appreciate the transparency on this! I (and I'm sure many others) are still very much in for these delicious cases!

As you've probably know it by now, artisan collectors has a lot of patience, so this speed bump only feels like a few seconds delay to us

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 09:24:40 »
Thanks for being super transparent, really looking forward to this box..  Watching the thread like a hawk, thanks snaccb0i

Your snaccboi,

BAS1C

Better to find out on the prototype and only refunding yourself, rather than running the GB and having to refund all of us. Thank you for being transparent about it all. And like you said, this will most likely lead to more options for us when you get the new manufacturer working on it!

Really appreciate the transparency on this! I (and I'm sure many others) are still very much in for these delicious cases!

As you've probably know it by now, artisan collectors has a lot of patience, so this speed bump only feels like a few seconds delay to us

Thanks for understanding! Promise it'll be worth it!

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:12:58 »
Just wanted to express more interest in this.

I have exactly 60 Miami Nights artisans, all of which are in their forever-homes. So this is perfect for me.

Thanks for your work on it and the update!
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline tskiller

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:08:47 »
No worries, a delayed product is eventually good, but a rushed product is bad forever. I'm still interested and waiting longer for a better product is no problem at all.

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:11:48 »
You got our support  :thumb:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 09:51:29 »
Hey all. Quick update again! I’ve locked in a new manufacturer, and am just tidying up the design, adding a few things as well as optional.

I moved the thumb slot to remove the lid across both materials instead of just the top metal lid. Here’s a few updates renders.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 09:57:52 »
Lit! Can't wait for this  ;D

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 17:35:14 »
Gosh that's beautiful

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 09:13:41 »
♥️♥️♥️

Offline soveryscary

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 01:42:09 »
This looks really nice!
All the lights went out

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 13:05:50 »
yeahh can i get one where the sides are all polished gold pvd, the bottom is frosted poly, and the lid is clear acrylic? kthx

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 16:27:46 »
My artisans ache for a new box...can't wait!  :thumb:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 07:53:09 »
Update!

Prototype files have been sent overseas!

They are reviewing at the factory to quote me a price and go over any tweaks that may be necessary. Thanks for your patience. Just had to wait on original prototype refund (which I received half of, more next week) :)

Very excited.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:52:03 by BAS1C »

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 14:35:24 »
🧡🧡🧡🧡 good news !!

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 15:02:40 »
Update!

Prototype files have been sent to Exclusive :)

He is reviewing with factory to quote me a price and go over any tweaks that may be necessary. Thanks for your patience. Just had to wait on original prototype refund (which I received half of, more next week) :)

Very excited.
Woooo! Super hype for this

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 15:12:23 »
Exclusive :)

Oh man, this gonna be good.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 21:25:13 »
Picked up a cheapy case from Amazon until yours is done, excited!  :thumb:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:21:47 »
Picked up a cheapy case from Amazon until yours is done, excited!  :thumb:

🧡🧡🧡🧡 good news !!

Exclusive :)

Oh man, this gonna be good.

Update!

Prototype files have been sent to Exclusive :)

He is reviewing with factory to quote me a price and go over any tweaks that may be necessary. Thanks for your patience. Just had to wait on original prototype refund (which I received half of, more next week) :)

Very excited.
Woooo! Super hype for this

Thanks for the patience and support everyone! SO stoked for this. Stay tuned. Just waiting for their review at the factory, once they OK the design i will submit payment and away we go :)

Just a little teaser, there will be a special edition launching with the standard version GB. Hold your socks on tight.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 00:30:02 »
heeeyooo good sir, Wondering how that proto ended up? Maybe an ETA on when you are planning on launching this bad boy?  Soo ready for a better home for my fellas!!

Offline spkmic

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 10:07:35 »
What is the height of the keycap that can be accommodated inside?
I have the evil box. Some high artisans don't get inside of it.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 10:57:36 »
Snaccbox proto manufacturing is confirmed for next week Monday! Stay tuned :)

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 16:47:33 »
Snaccbox proto manufacturing is confirmed for next week Monday! Stay tuned :)
Yesssss! I refuse to buy a 3rd evil box and these guys deserve a better place than a ziplock

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:07:13 »
interested

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 19:45:06 »
my body is ready-- I've been holding off on getting an artisan case for this :)
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 19:55:23 »

It’s coming! Proto is underway but on hold for the holiday this week. Will post updates shortly!

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 20:04:18 »

It’s coming! Proto is underway but on hold for the holiday this week. Will post updates shortly!

:eyes:

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 01:50:54 »
I'm pretty much not acquiring any artisans anymore because I've run out of space to store them. While it's a great money-saver, the extra capacity from this case will allow me to begin collecting artisans once again.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 18:51:57 »
I'm pretty much not acquiring any artisans anymore because I've run out of space to store them. While it's a great money-saver, the extra capacity from this case will allow me to begin collecting artisans once again.

We shall call it Snaccbox: The Enabler  :p

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 07:28:56 »
Any updates?

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 01:13:55 »
I'm late to the party, but ready to pull the trigger on this whenever.  :thumb:

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 11:59:37 »
I'm looking forward to seeing the prototype.  My collection is growing, so I'll definitely get in on this.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 13:22:06 »
I'm late to the party, but ready to pull the trigger on this whenever.  :thumb:

I'm looking forward to seeing the prototype.  My collection is growing, so I'll definitely get in on this.

Thanks for the love!

Factory said case will be done Friday and they will send over pictures once it is in hands
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:52:52 by BAS1C »

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 13:23:59 »
That is great news!! I will definitely in!

나의 SM-N960U1 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.