Poll

Which weekend(s) can you attend KeyCon East in NYC?

August 8
5 (27.8%)
August 15
6 (33.3%)
August 22
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Sun, 24 May 2015, 11:24:08

Author Topic: Keycon East [NYC][8/8/15]  (Read 111018 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Keycon East
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:46:46 »
Hells yeah, given its NYC there is probably a sick show going on as well.

Keycon 2015 brown baggin 40ounces and illegal dice games outfront

So what you're saying is Keycon East is going to include a concert to go to? And I love dice games :D

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:52:08 »
This rules.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 16:58:02 »
Alright, it's settled then. Keyboard and concerts :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:01:18 »
i don't like concerts
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:01:52 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:02:57 »
i don't like concerts
said no one ever.

LOL.  I know quite a few people who feel this way.  They say, "They just play the exact same thing as the CD, but it's louder and sounds worse."

To which I say, "You're going to the wrong concerts."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:04:33 »
i don't like concerts
said no one ever.

LOL.  I know quite a few people who feel this way.  They say, "They just play the exact same thing as the CD, but it's louder and sounds worse."

the only concerts i enjoyed were classical music concertos and the opera at lincoln center

im no fun
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:42:03 »
i don't like concerts
said no one ever.

the only concerts i enjoyed were classical music concertos and the opera at lincoln center

im no fun
The first real concert I went to was Neutral Milk Hotel over the summer. Before that I wasn't all that interested in concerts, but that was one of the best nights I've ever had. There was so much energy in the crowd. Now I've got the concert fever. :p (though I wasn't able to grab tickets to the K.Flay concert I wanted to go to last sunday :'()

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 18:58:19 »
So I guess now would be the time to start getting an idea of what dates would work best for people. Right now, I'm planning on doing this sometime during the spring, between March and June. The end of May and beginning of June is probably off the table due to high school finals for people, colleges I guess vary? The only other thing that is for certain is it will be on a weekend. So just comment on any stretches of time that you could make it and what city (NYC, Philly, or Boston) would work best. I'll work on a comprehensive table over the coming weeks and determine the best date

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:12:11 »
Philly or NYC are best for me

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:38:34 »
NYC works for me.  May/June is mighty fine weather here in NYC too. If you come here you might meet a celebrity.  They're everywhere.  Last year I met Liv Tyler, and she gave me her mother's recipe for meatloaf for some reason.  I didn't tell her that I don't eat meatloaf.  She's totally awesome and super nice.  This really happened. 

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:48:17 »
NYC works for me.  May/June is mighty fine weather here in NYC too. If you come here you might meet a celebrity.  They're everywhere.  Last year I met Liv Tyler, and she gave me her mother's recipe for meatloaf for some reason.  I didn't tell her that I don't eat meatloaf.  She's totally awesome and super nice.  This really happened. 

Show Image

This is true about NYC. I drove past this creature before:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:58:23 »
Lady GaGa's ex-boyfriend lives around the block from me, so I saw her a lot. Jay-Z and Beyonce live pretty close to me as well. I see him driving his Bentley around all the time.

forget my bragging, March/late April are best for me.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:01:03 »
did nyc produce the greatest rock duo to ever grace this planet?

didn't think so.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:09:39 »
did nyc produce the greatest rock duo to ever grace this planet?

Sorry, but Tenacious D is from LA.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:10:19 »
No, but the Beastie Boys went to my school. Does that count?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:14:19 »
No, but the Beastie Boys went to my school. Does that count?
Yes, they're legends! RIP MCA

Hall and Oates went to my school.  :thumb:

Offline Lurch

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:18:44 »
I went to school with the numa numa guy. Does that count?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:19:47 »

I thought he was German?

Offline Lurch

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:21:26 »

I thought he was German?

He might be, but he lived in New Jersey. :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:22:04 »

I thought he was German?

He might be, but he lived in New Jersey. :))

That's pretty cool.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 00:17:09 »
Very important thing we need to discuss:
how to get the stream up and working this year.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:08:13 »
am happy everybody is in 1 accord and have settled on a location.

unfortunately i can't do NYC, but will support in any way i can

hope you guys get lots of pictures and stream that bad boy
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:31:17 »
am happy everybody is in 1 accord and have settled on a location.

unfortunately i can't do NYC, but will support in any way i can

hope you guys get lots of pictures and stream that bad boy
well right now we're still deciding the date and between the three locations in the OP

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:53:24 »

yes and also who will be wearing the helmet cam. this was one of my favorite features of the stream last year. Hopefully it can be done again
sell out and eat ass

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:00:34 »

yes and also who will be wearing the helmet cam. this was one of my favorite features of the stream last year. Hopefully it can be done again

I volunteer as tribute.

Again...  :P

Just kidding, someone else can have the fun of that.   :thumb:   I'm sure CPTBadAss would love the chance to do it finally.  ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:04:02 »
Yes I would love to Helmet Cam finally!!

And I would like this meet to be in Philly. I feel like that would be easier for people who are driving in, cheaper for a space, and not as hectic as NYC in general...not that I don't love NYC. Mainly, I'm angling for somewhere different to go :D.

And summer-ish time frame sounds good to me. May or June. I believe there was talk of Keycon Midwest being in March or April.

Edit: Changed Chicago to Midwest to appease the Hoff.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:15:08 by CPTBadAss »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:13:30 »
Yes I would love to Helmet Cam finally!!

And I would like this meet to be in Philly. I feel like that would be easier for people who are driving in, cheaper for a space, and not as hectic as NYC in general...not that I don't love NYC. Mainly, I'm angling for somewhere different to go :D.

And summer-ish time frame sounds good to me. May or June. I believe there was talk of Keycon Chicago being in March or April.

+1  Never been to NYC, but I have zero interest in trying to drive there.  I want to live.

And it's Keycon Midwest.  We had Keycon West, this is Keycon East, why does the city of Chicago get special treatment?   :'(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:16:18 »
+1  Never been to NYC, but I have zero interest in trying to drive there.  I want to live.

It's mainly Manhattan that's a ***** but even then it's not that bad. Just gotta be prepared to make really quick decisions.

And it's Keycon Midwest.  We had Keycon West, this is Keycon East, why does the city of Chicago get special treatment?   :'(

Fixed it you baby ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:19:35 »

It's mainly Manhattan that's a ***** but even then it's not that bad. Just gotta be prepared to make really quick decisions.

Oh, that may be true (not that I would know).  And nah, if I can go my whole life without driving in Manhattan I'll be happy.  I don't need that kind of stress for no reason.   ^-^

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:26:29 »

Had to drive through there to ger to Connecticut. Was almost fine, ended up mising my exit because of the incredible number of different ones,drove over a median, pissed a guy off, was fun. Also, any ideas of spaces we go hold this?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:28:20 by hwood34 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:33:25 »
Places to have Keycon in New York City? I'm not in any position to offer up suggestions about that to be honest.

That being said, I think when we looked into spaces to hold meetups in general renting an hourly work space, typically for meetings, might work for us. Also hotel convention rooms but they'll be expensive as all hell in Manhattan. I highly suggest that if this is going down in NYC, we do it in one of the quieter outer boroughs like Queens or the Bronx where it would be a bit easier.

But perhaps one of our NYC members has a better idea.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:37:29 »
Well Philly is still in the picture and frankly what I think would work out best.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:37:57 »
I think it's the best option but I've also only been there once. I definitely don't know that area that well.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:57:38 »
I'm down for a philly meet. :D
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:59:25 »
Places to have Keycon in New York City? I'm not in any position to offer up suggestions about that to be honest.

That being said, I think when we looked into spaces to hold meetups in general renting an hourly work space, typically for meetings, might work for us. Also hotel convention rooms but they'll be expensive as all hell in Manhattan. I highly suggest that if this is going down in NYC, we do it in one of the quieter outer boroughs like Queens or the Bronx where it would be a bit easier.

But perhaps one of our NYC members has a better idea.

I was looking into this a while back. It's not cheap and the areas that were cheap had bad access to subway and parking sucked....

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:03:50 »
**** no i'm not going to queens

let's just go to philly that would be better

and cheaper

and also not queens

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:05:29 »

and cheaper

and also not queens

What's wrong with Queens?

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:06:45 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:45:32 by esoomenona »

Offline Lurch

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:07:29 »
we do it in one of the quieter outer boroughs like Queens or the Bronx where it would be a bit easier.

Show Image

I'M SAYING! :)) :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:10:04 »

and cheaper

and also not queens

it's queens?

i have an unnatural distaste towards the borough of queens because it has airports in it

i don't like airports

we do it in one of the quieter outer boroughs like Queens or the Bronx where it would be a bit easier.

Show Image

ye man

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:10:25 »
Nothing wrong with any of the boroughs in NYC...****, I'm in brooklyn right now..lol

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:11:24 »

and cheaper

and also not queens

it's queens?

i have an unnatural distaste towards the borough of queens because it has airports in it

i don't like airports

Show Image

ye man

Because Airports?...o_O

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:13:11 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:44:30 by esoomenona »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:13:25 »
airports make me nervous for no reason

and i travel a lot too, so it's not like a one time thing

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 15:13:56 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 13:44:18 by esoomenona »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 16:41:45 »
So if it's OK with everyone if we could just decide on Philly now that would certainly make planning easier

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 17:11:28 »
So if it's OK with everyone if we could just decide on Philly now that would certainly make planning easier

it was 2nd in the poll, I'm sure it's fine

unless anyone absolutely can't do it I think it's a fine choice

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Keycon East(PA)
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 17:21:55 »
ill be there
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: Keycon East(PA)
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 17:28:16 »
ill be there

Wait, for real?

I can't tell with you sometimes