Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3, help me please :/  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Fullsa

Ducky Shine 3, help me please :/
« on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:14:17 »
Hello, this is my first msg in this community.
I have got a ducky shine 3, unfortunately i broke the right feet of my keyboard.
I would ask you all if you could help me to find a reseller where to find this item, because i really don't know how to find this.
Please help me  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Ducky Shine 3, help me please :/
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 18:37:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Apart from suggesting you try using the keyboard flat (I did, and now I use all my keyboards flat), I don't know whether Filco feet are the same.  Maybe someone with both keyboards could confirm.

http://www.keyboardco.com/product/filco-legs-one-pair.asp

This post seems to vaguely suggest that Filco legs will work on a Ducky.

Otherwise you could try contacting Ducky directly.  If the keyboard is still under warranty they might ship replacement parts.  Otherwise they might sell you replacement legs.  Might - I don't recall hearing of anyone who tried contacting them for legs.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 23:13:07 »
They appear to be the same size and design. Little nervous about breaking them or i would swap to check, but included pictures tho to compare. Hope it helps.

Copper color is the Filco mj2, black is the Ducky Shine 3
90793-090791-1
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 February 2015, 23:15:07 by jackalope »
eh o well

Offline dukkyt

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:11:16 »
Ducky's are, well... difficult. They are incredibly rare. In fact, it's unlikely that the popular sites such as mechanicalkeyboards or ncix us will be restocking shine 3's ever again. So if you're looking to buy a new board, good luck to you. Not saying it's impossible, just difficult, and potentially pricey.

As far as the feet... try the filco ones mentioned above... it can't hurt it anymore, right? Or try using without the feet. I personally use my ducky without the feet, but it's just my preference.

Offline Fullsa

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 06:39:11 »
Thank you guys for your answers!
At moment i'm using my keyboard without feet and is good, but i want to restore the right feet. I will buy the filco's feet and i will let you know

many thank you again ^^