Author Topic: NTC KB-6152EA review (Alps SKCM White)  (Read 2451 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
NTC KB-6152EA review (Alps SKCM White)
« on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 12:17:34 »

There you go folks, a review of this Alps tank. Professor Plum with the NTC KB-6151 in the library, anyone? :D

Also, next week I'll be going on holiday for a while, so I won't be able to make any reviews for about a month. When I get back, I'll show you something clicky and fun ;) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Altis

Re: NTC KB-6152EA review (Alps SKCM White)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 19:01:19 »
I've heard that the white Alps are quite heavy and less refined than the blue Alps.

I have a Chicony KB-5181 with Monterey blues that feels decent, but the case feels incredible tinney and hollow. Going to make it a wooden case I think.

Anyways, nice review as always, and happy holidays!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 19:23:57 »
I feel like you would be a great narrator for an audio book of some sorts, anyways great review mate!  :))

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 19:32:26 »
I've heard that the white Alps are quite heavy and less refined than the blue Alps.

I have a Chicony KB-5181 with Monterey blues that feels decent, but the case feels incredible tinney and hollow. Going to make it a wooden case I think.

Anyways, nice review as always, and happy holidays!
Cheers mate, will do! :)

Yeah, white Alps are a little stiffer and not as smooth as blue Alps. Still great switches, but when you try them side-by-side, there's no mistaking which is the superior switch.

Monterey blues are pretty light for a clicky switch, and very nice to type on, it's what I'd recommend light typists to use (rather than MX blues). Many of the boards they appear in are fairly flimsy though, from what I can tell. If you make a wooden case, be sure to show us some pictures! :)

I feel like you would be a great narrator for an audio book of some sorts, anyways great review mate!  :))
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! :)  I'd like doing voice work sometime, actually :D .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Magna224

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 08:08:28 »

I liked Blue ALPS beyond any other switch I have tried. White ALPS just feel less uniform through the entire stroke to me. Monterey Blue are pretty high up there but every keyboard with them feels terrible. ( I could live with the minitouch).
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.