Author Topic: Washington DC Meetup Sep 15, 2018  (Read 8754 times)

Offline maxf

Washington DC Meetup Sep 15, 2018
« on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 10:51:23 »
Hello Keebers -

I'm excited to announce the Washington DC keyboard meetup is a "GO"!

District Keyboard Official Site
Join the wait-list HERE! -- and join the Discord

Details
Date: Sep 15, 2018 from 1PM-5PM
Price: Free

Pivotal - Washington DC
1625 I St NW, Washington, DC 20006
6th Floor - Main Conference Room

(Pivotal's office space is visible as you exit the elevator on the 6th floor)

Update: Due to table space constraints, I will be putting a soft cap on the event of two "display" keyboards per person.  That said, bring as many boards as you'd like.  I will allow you to display as many boards as you bring so long as we don't run into space constraints.  I'm putting this rule in as a catch 22.  If I ask, or your neighbor asks, or you just look around and think to yourself "it's crowded af", please put away all but two of your keyboards.  There should be plenty of space underneath each table for you to store your bags/cases.  I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Security
- Building is managed by security.  Upon arrival, please check in with the security desk by the front door.
- IMPORTANT - I will be providing a list of names to security for entry.  I will notify you via email if I need to get the name of any +1 guests.
- Do not wander around the building.  Please keep confined to the 6th floor meeting space.  Breaking this rule will result in repercussions and make us look bad.

Transit
Parking - There are multiple paid garages within a block radius of the Pivotal office building.  There is no parking on-site.
Metro Accessible! (recommended if you can pack light enough)

Food/Drink
- We'll be providing complimentary pizza/soda.
- There is a kitchen on-site - it's NOT stocked for us.  Please DO NOT help yourself to any food or drink that isn't provided by myself, or other contributors.
- Still hungry?  Please make use of the multiple restaurants that are within walking distance of the building.
- No outside food
- No alcohol - there are multiple bars in the area that we can congregate at after the event
- Please be respectful of the delicate nature of your neighbors equipment and of the space itself.  There will be trash cans on-site which we hope you'll take advantage of for any waste.

Donations/Contributions
- If interested in donating, contact me at kbmeetupdc@gmail.com or on Discord
- 100% voluntary
- All donations will go towards the event to make it more enjoyable
 - Food/Drink costs
 - Giveaways
- This is a non-profit event - at the conclusion, if I have any leftover funds, I will be donating it to charity.

But Why?
- Meet and discuss
- Touch and feel (with consent of course)
- Buy and Sell (keyboards/artisans/keycaps)
- Partake in (potential) workshops/competitions/giveaways

Sponsors

Interested in helping?  I'm looking for,
- Volunteers
- Sponsors

Apparel
- u/compendium has designed a T-Shirt design that looks great!
 - https://imgur.com/MeSm5iD
 - Price: $18
 - available NOW until Aug 20th - go to https://districtkeyboard.com/2018shirt/ to purchase yours today
 - they will be handed out to all who purchased at the meetup

Updates to follow - thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 August 2018, 15:00:00 by maxf »