Author Topic: Ever have one of those days?  (Read 2686 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Ever have one of those days?
« on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 18:44:53 »
or a week or a few months where it seems like life just busted a grumper on your forehead? Man, I have had a bad run for the past two months. First, my car died, then my wife left me (out of the blue, no less), then my computer died on the day I found out I ran out of financial aide so I can't go back to that school, they only real university in my area. So now here I sit in my tiny ghetto place, on the border of a ghetto, surrounded by both of my things (minor exaggeration). It's like life slapped flaccid penis across my face while laughing.

Ever heard that joke, "what do you get when you play a country song backwards? You get your car back, your dog back, your house back ..." Well yeah, that's me. If I could just rewind and maybe do a couple things differenly, like save up some f*cking money.

And I don't care if people think I'm sharing too much because I'm a writer and that kind of is what I do. At least I still have my cat and 50% of my son's time. And I know what you're thinking, I am ambulatory, with no physical ailments and am in good health, so I have all that, but none of that matters when life keeps hate-f*cking me in the *ss. I've thought about ending it, I've thought about running away to hide in Africa until all the tribal beauties bore of this white devil with dreadlocks, but none of that is real. It's a just a temporary escape, my mind checking whether I'm weak enough yet ballsy enough to run. Apparently I'm neither, so there's that.

Thankfully, during all this, my old Model M found me so now I have a way to let this all out. I've been writing daily again for the first time in years. I just wish some of it was usable.

So yeah, there it is, folks. I posted this here because I'm not related to any of you so my family won't come over to check if I'm still alive. My family doesn't know it's what people DON'T talk about that they kill themselves over. I believe in suicide, just not over a b*tch. If I ever get cancer and it goes systemic, or if I ever have to do something where I'm looking at life in prison, BOOM!! I'd be a distant memory before by body hit the turf, but not over something weak as this. And I'm powerless to do anything since I have a 5 year old anchor in this town.

I don't need advice, I have a buddy who's an attorney. He knows more about the law than we all do put together. Plus the wh0re isn't being a cvnt about money or our boy either, she is content only to rip out my heart and flash her tight *ss at me. Maybe I should remind her of the stuff I've done to that *ss ... Anyway, geekhackers,  I had to get this off my chest and that really is my whole intent and purpose here.

On a more upbeat note, I haven't heard from the Lego douche in over 24 hours.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Ever have one of those days?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 18:48:57 »
Well. That's a rant. Hope things can look up for you soon. :)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:02:52 »
I think not having the lego douche in your life will probably increase your happiness level by a few points.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:03:57 »
I think not having the lego douche in your life will probably increase your happiness level by a few points.

You have no idea, lol.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:04:20 »
Well. That's a rant. Hope things can look up for you soon. :)

Thx

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:13:59 »
A very well-spoken rant there...

I've had very similar feelings about my current outlook on life.  Normally when I see someone else in a situation like this I try to talk to them about it and give them advice, but judging by how you worded your rant I feel that's not necessary here.

HOWEVER, if you ever do need someone to talk to, shoot me a PM or an email.  I always enjoy having insightful conversations with people who are having hard times.  Especially if it's with a fellow Geekhacker.  I feel it helps the community become closer in a way...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 22:41:26 »
Thanks man, but you read it correctly. Just putting out there is usually enough for me to be able to put my thoughts in order (an old journalistic habit everyone uses in the start) and this seems to be working for me. Now if I could just over the GD cold ...

Offline Paddywagon

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 23:02:21 »
I just noticed this was you xsphat. I saw the avy and it threw me off. Haven't seen you around in a while.

Feels good to type out loud. I agree about it putting things in order or maybe just filing it differently.
And women suck! I realize that makes me a hypocrite. A truthful hypocrite.
Spreading the Clack since 2009

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 23:11:19 »
Most women I know agree that women do tend to suck, but only after they are old enough to realize they really are are slaves to their hormones.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:15:56 »
I've been through a lot of that, but not all at once.  I hope things smooth out for you in time.

If only life had a quick-save feature ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 00:58:25 »
1. "i know that feel"
2. stay strong, and fortify your self... because (and i hate to say this) it can and will get worse.
3. don't block or avoid your feelings; face them, fiercely; feel them... know them... learn them as you would your nemesis; and, ultimately, conquer them.
4. i just wanted to post here in support, because i can identify with, and have personally experienced an excess of, life being incredibly harsh and disgustingly unfair.

To the title of the thread: "Ever have one of those days?"

No. I've never had "one" of those days. Pretty much all of my days are that way. I can't remember the last time i had a day that wasn't "one of those days."

Best thing you can do for yourself is to sort it all out as soon and as thoroughly as possible, so you can begin rebuilding before losing too much of your "self."

As someone on the losing end of that battle, i strongly advise you to not let that happen to yourself. The more of your "self" you lose, in the process, the longer and harder recovery becomes.
Logitech G710+

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:16:40 »
Great reply, and it sounds like if we aren't in the same boat, we sail for the same outfit, lol. Your points, I think, are dead on. I write to kill demons, especially since I can't afford (enough) drugs. That is what I am doing here.

Another thing that should be said is your outlook decides your path more than you do. I could look at it like I used to live in the huge house (rented, thank Buddha) with a heated garage and 2 cars. I had a family, my only kid, and a decent looking future. Then it was all taken from me, so now I sit here in my crappy little apartment alone with nothing.

If I look at it this way I will subconsciencely seek out what my brain thinks I need to perpetuate that reality.

The way I need to see this is I have food, the place isn't that bad, I've been losing weight all year, my cat is happy and I hugged my son today, read him stories and made him fall down with laughter, even though it was from a big fart.

See how the tone changes the perception?

And this chick was hot enough, but I have had hotter ones and maybe the next one will stick around a while too. This woman did give me 6 years of stability, but only because I stepped up and took ownership of what I'd done, I knocked her up. I was there for the birth. I'm a good father. So now, though I had to get my boy a ride to school tomorrow because I don't have a car, and then I get to walk to to work, the facts are that my boy will make it to school in the morning, and I am gainfully employed.

So now a scant 12 hours after my OP, I have a realistic view on the world. I know the future is unwritten which is why life can be such a tw@t sometimes. In the words of Don Drapper, the universe is indifferent. And when I wake up in the morning, I'll have my coffee and feed my boy. He likes me, he trusts me, and even in a toddler, trust has to be earned. I put in the work. I was there when he was born, so I need to give all I can for him, and fvck the rest.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:57:58 »
Sadly I can say the start of last year was a fked up one for me.. First my dog died randomly, he had a fit and died.. my other dog got anema and I had choose between emergency vet care for $3000 or see if he stayed alive until the next day so the cost would go down to $1500. I took the risk and luckily he did live until the next day and got better after that, my purse however wasn't impressed.. next a friend of mine who I had known for 13ish years went missing after an evening out with her friends and my friends and another friend that she had known for about 8 years.. So after weeks of searching, her body was eventually found, she had been murdered by the friend she had know for 8 years, about an hour or less after she left one of my friends houses. The guy who killed her only got sentenced last week 18 year sentence with 13 years before he can apply for parole.

Life can be such a ***** and so random. Like you can think to yourself "it would never happen to me" but really, **** can change from good to bad so fast.

Anyways, sorry for taking over the thread. I could probably go on all night about lots of other issues I have but I won't bore yas ;)
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:18:53 »

relevant
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:30:44 »
Actually, yes, that song is really relevant.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 09:24:47 »
Yeah, too bad it's Limp Biskit.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 10:09:30 »
The universe truly is indifferent.

I wish I had been taught that, as a child, instead of being led to believe that there was a kindly "God" somewhere that was going to make everything all right as long as I did "X".

I wish my wife would let me teach my children that, although they are about old enough to realize it for themselves now.

You might try to believe/imagine, etc, that there is a "net zero" sum of happiness and sorrow in life.

Quantum physics indicates that anything, at all, is a deviation from nothing, the standard.

You can steer your consciousness to some degree, but if you end up in the positive zone, you should consider yourself fortunate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:40:00 by fohat.digs »
They may have gagged Trump.
They didn’t gag me.
They can’t gag me.
I have no gag reflex.
I am ungaggable.
I have trained my whole life for this.
– Lauren Boebert 2024-05-16

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:17:44 »
My toddler believes in ghosts, angels, magic, telling the future with playing cards and crap like that from my damn ex. I can't stand it. I do not believe in any sort of deity so irks me. I want my son grow up learning life without a god so he doesn't fall into that trap of a "give a church all your money so you can to heaven." Or get raped by a priest or strap a bomb to his chest for 600 virgins (when everybody knows they can't give a decent BJ). I hope he grows up with the tools he needs to get through life with "asking for help from on high. That's a long wait for a train don't come." (anyone know the quote?)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:28:52 »
Best of luck, no religion in this house... my 8yo says:  'We should pray.', followed by 'I wish so much I could get _____'   sorta funny, sort of annoying.  No idea where he got it from, we don't do TV.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 00:54:14 »
Wow, no religion and no tv? Me neither. Maybe my kid will turn out fine, unless he listens to his mother more ... but the father is the (male) child's model for god, so maybe I have the upper hand.