Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8632979 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #19400 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:54:22 »
Just combed through all the pages since I left off 8 hours ago. Very happy to see many familiar names winning! This is an awesome sale! Congrats everyone!!!

Very exciting indeed!

My first ever Clack sale  :thumb:

How'd you manage to get one? Did you not sleep last night? haha

Haha, close to not sleeping, it was at 4:00 AM  :blank:
It was 12.50am and I was in the bed, nodding off as I refresh the thread from the iPhone. I was about to switch off the phone and call it a loss. Can't possibly be waiting till 3am or 4am. (HIGH RESPECT TO YOU GLENMAEL!)

Then at 12.57am, CC posted that the sale is on in the next few minutes!!!!

I jumped out of the bed (LITERALLY JUMPED!!!!!!!!!!! luckily the wife did not notice) .. and run to the PC, BUT DAMN IT!! Chrome hanged! (I had the email drafted and ready on the PC!) I can't BELIEVE my luck!! Fortunately I had another draft on the phone, but I was very nervous about submitting on the phone. Where is the damn timer? Windows 10 does not have a second hand, I think, **** I have one minute to act!!! Quickly I fired up Firefox on the PC while Chome is still (not responding), typed one finger for timeanddate.com and LUCKILY they had a second countdown timer in the front page.. And I sent the email from the draft on the phone on the dot!

It was a super duper nail biting experience. So many things can go wrong (what if the Outlook app on iPhone had a delay? Or had an Undo like Gmail.. or)

After that, I uninstalled Chrome on the PC. Stupid browser!!!

I thought I am a veteran on email sales. You are never veteran on any sale in GH unless you are god of pc, cough nassfu, cough! ! Lesson learned!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #19401 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:10:57 »
Just combed through all the pages since I left off 8 hours ago. Very happy to see many familiar names winning! This is an awesome sale! Congrats everyone!!!

Very exciting indeed!

It was 12.50am and I was in the bed, nodding off as I refresh the thread from the iPhone. I was about to switch off the phone and call it a loss. Can't possibly be waiting till 3am or 4am. (HIGH RESPECT TO YOU GLENMAEL!)

I jumped out of the bed (LITERALLY JUMPED!!!!!!!!!!! luckily the wife did not notice) .. and run to the PC, BUT DAMN IT!! Chrome hanged! (I had the email drafted and ready on the PC!) I can't BELIEVE my luck!! Fortunately I had another draft on the phone, but I was very nervous about submitting on the phone. Where is the damn timer? Windows 10 does not have a second hand, I think, **** I have one minute to act!!! Quickly I fired up Firefox on the PC while Chome is still (not responding), typed one finger for timeanddate.com and LUCKILY they had a second countdown timer in the front page.. And I sent the email from the draft on the phone on the dot!

It was a super duper nail biting experience. So many things can go wrong (what if the Outlook app on iPhone had a delay? Or had an Undo like Gmail.. or)

I thought I am a veteran on email sales. You are never veteran on any sale in GH unless you are god of pc, cough nassfu, cough! ! Lesson learned!

haha thanks mate :)

That was an amazing insight into Clack sales, thanks for sharing :D

I just quickly put on a timer on my phone and hit send on the dot :)

Much more fun to be had in future sales I hope  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:32:32 by Glenmael »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #19402 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:31:17 »

Very exciting indeed!

amazing effort!

I literally went to sleep at 3:45am, 15 minutes before the sale... I knew something was going to happen while I was sleeping, but I didn't know it was going to be that close...

god I'm such an amateur  :'(  :'(

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #19403 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:56:34 »

Very exciting indeed!

Malaysia's timezone.  :))
I guess after this time when I return to Malaysia after my studies, I'd prolly not get another chance to get a clack due to the timezone unless I lurk around at these ungodly hours.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19404 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 02:14:17 »
Just realized I missed the Flux cap sale 😢😢😢😢😢

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #19405 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 02:41:38 »
More

Very exciting indeed!

I guess after this time when I return to Malaysia after my studies, I'd prolly not get another chance to get a clack due to the timezone unless I lurk around at these ungodly hours.  :)
Well last time there were plenty after 1am for me so I often said goodnight and Belfong took over waiting as it was morning for him. Don't lose hope, clickclack enjoys torturing all of us :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #19406 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 02:44:40 »
More

Very exciting indeed!

Well last time there were plenty after 1am for me so I often said goodnight and Belfong took over waiting as it was morning for him. Don't lose hope, clickclack enjoys torturing all of us :))
Almost like working the night shift

Offline Belfong

« Reply #19407 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 04:37:34 »

Ah, the good old time!

Lucky we can repeat this yearly, LOL!  :-X

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #19408 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 06:55:40 »

Ah, the good old time!

During Clackvent our sense of community goes up while our IRL friendships languish.

And my wife becomes a Clack widow.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #19409 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:47:22 »
This fabled Clackvent sounds interesting.  Hard to see how anyone would trade these caps after what it took to get them.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #19410 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:49:46 »
This fabled Clackvent sounds interesting.  Hard to see how anyone would trade these caps after what it took to get them.

Perhaps the 1000%+ re-sale markup has something to do with it?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #19411 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:01:56 »
too quiet.. just too quiet around here...

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #19412 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:03:52 »
too quiet.. just too quiet around here...

Everyone is resting and patiently awaiting the next Clackvent.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #19413 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:08:25 »
amazing effort!

I literally went to sleep at 3:45am, 15 minutes before the sale... I knew something was going to happen while I was sleeping, but I didn't know it was going to be that close...

If it makes you feel better the sale happened at 12PM EST and I sat down from lunch at 12:03 PM. Had I not gone and bought a ****ty burger from Wendys I might have stood a chance  :'(

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19414 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:20:06 »
amazing effort!

If it makes you feel better the sale happened at 12PM EST and I sat down from lunch at 12:03 PM. Had I not gone and bought a ****ty burger from Wendys I might have stood a chance  :'(

I saw the message at 10:58 CST, got the email drafted, and zoned out for about a couple of minutes. It didn't hit me until 11:00:40 that I hadn't sent the email...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #19415 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:21:34 »

Ah, the good old time!

Lets hope so - it was good fun!  This year I'm in a more responsible job though, so I'm not sure I can see 3am a couple of days a week.  When I did that more often than not I nodded off at the crucial moment and missed it anyway so probably for the best I don't try :-[
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19416 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:32:54 »

Ah, the good old time!

Lets hope so - it was good fun!  This year I'm in a more responsible job though, so I'm not sure I can see 3am a couple of days a week.  When I did that more often than not I nodded off at the crucial moment and missed it anyway so probably for the best I don't try :-[

I got in trouble a couple of times for being on my phone last time. Still the same company and they don't really stress it too much. Hopefully were not doing anything too involved when the time comes.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19417 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:38:22 »
Today is my last day of work until 1/4/16. If anything else pops up I won't feel bad staying up till ridiculous hours.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19418 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:42:48 »
How long did last year's Clackvent go on? Two months?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #19419 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:47:06 »
I got in trouble a couple of times for being on my phone last time. Still the same company and they don't really stress it too much. Hopefully were not doing anything too involved when the time comes.

Well I'm good on that front - I go to work after midnight and when I get home it's still morning US time, so I can relax at work (only missed two chances IIRC) but most sales were in the evening so that was early hours here.  Clacks are great but not worth getting fired for, be careful :eek:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #19420 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:05:35 »
I was up from 1:30 am til 10:30pm last night. Only thing I managed to do was piss cc off. GGme.

I also got whatsapp, though, and it is tons of nerdy fun. And mostly me getting made fun of. :p
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #19421 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:44:30 »
I was up from 1:30 am til 10:30pm last night. Only thing I managed to do was piss cc off. GGme.

I also got whatsapp, though, and it is tons of nerdy fun. And mostly me getting made fun of. :p

I want to make fun of you  :-[

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19422 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:18:51 »

Well I'm good on that front - I go to work after midnight and when I get home it's still morning US time, so I can relax at work (only missed two chances IIRC) but most sales were in the evening so that was early hours here.  Clacks are great but not worth getting fired for, be careful :eek:

For me it's not really trouble. It's more of a show. We have a lot of 19-25 working with us and they will stand on their phones all day. More to look like no matter who you are, being on the phone is punishable or I wouldn't do it.

One time I had a foreman jump allover me for being on the phone and my response was, "I'm just doing what you do all day." That I actually got in trouble for. This was years before I made it here though.

You're right, not worth getting fired for. Then I won't have the money to buy more, and that's not right.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #19423 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:04:26 »
Got a shipping confirmation  :thumb:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #19424 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:15:49 »
Got a shipping confirmation  :thumb:

Whoa.. so fast  :eek:
This is for 420/Flux sales?
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #19425 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:17:00 »
Also got tracking.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #19426 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:20:12 »
That was fast! Maybe I will get lucky!

Offline dohbot

« Reply #19427 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:39:29 »
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #19428 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:39:57 »
This thread is anti-therapy  :p

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19429 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:41:56 »
Also got tracking.

Same.

Same. My HHKB will be ready for Christmas.

Sorry dgneo.  :-*

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19430 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:43:39 »

Just channel the villain, steal all the clacks. DOOM would want it that way

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #19431 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:45:42 »
Package
IS
COMING

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #19432 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:58:27 »

Just channel the villain, steal all the clacks. DOOM would want it that way

"Transaction drama... awww come on barney
Clack clack pardon me whack rap Kon Karne"

DOOM agrees!

* dgneo slinks off secretly

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19433 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:24:10 »
Got tracking on 1 of 2 as well.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:49:58 by nubbinator »

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #19434 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:48:35 »
Also got tracking.

AYY? prolly only meant for CONUS for now.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #19435 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:54:03 »
i got a cancellation notice!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #19436 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:30:32 »
Tracking!

But Bro's pictures were bumming me out! I just want a green skull!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19437 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:36:30 »
And now two of two showing shipping info.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19438 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:38:59 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #19439 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:43:40 »
Congrats to all the winners, I'm looking forward to the pictures once everyone has them on hand.

I'm just patiently waiting for Clackvent - my F5 key is ready.  ;D

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline SaiZn

« Reply #19440 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:49:25 »
Got tracking on Flux, waiting on 420

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #19441 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:58:39 »
I also got tracking  :p

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19442 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:59:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:48:21 by alienman82 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #19443 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:06:46 »

:eek:

actually, he originally sent off two different shipping numbers, and then canceled one of them afterwards.  all i saw was the cancel notification on my phone, which gave me a little jump.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19444 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:09:10 »

actually, he originally sent off two different shipping numbers, and then canceled one of them afterwards.  all i saw was the cancel notification on my phone, which gave me a little jump.

You're not alone in that happening to (not me though)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #19445 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:17:28 »

You're not alone in that happening to (not me though)

haha cc be trollin'

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19446 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:29:58 »
You guys want real hype?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19447 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:30:05 »
Real spam?