Author Topic: Tai-Hao PBT Doubleshots are Coming, part Deux!  (Read 72869 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Tai-Hao PBT Doubleshots are Coming, part Deux!
« on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 12:39:00 »
Back by popular demand, we will be restocking Tai-Hao PBT Doubleshots soon:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php

Preorders coming soon!:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s%5Bsearch%5D=Tai-Hao+keycap&s%5Btitle%5D=Y&s%5Bshort_desc%5D=Y&s%5Bfull_desc%5D=Y&s%5Bsku%5D=Y&s%5Bmatch%5D=all&s%5Bcid%5D=0

The Miami color scheme is spectacular! It would make Crockett and Tubbs so jealous...

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 April 2015, 11:23:24 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: Tai-Hao PBT Doubleshots are Here!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 20:04:36 »
Do any of these come in blank?

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 20:32:31 »
I just picked up the Bumble Bee set today. They all look very nice.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 20:44:50 »
Do any of these come in blank?

That would rather defeat the purpose of being doubleshot ;)

Actually Tai Hao do make doubleshot blank keycaps!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline irjoe

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 17:38:53 »
Seems Miami set is sold out, any eta on when they will be back?

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 07:54:39 »
It may be few months. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 13:05:34 »

Suggestion: A facility to allow people to "subscribe" to items on your website, such that when they come back in stock an email is sent to subscribers?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 23:27:13 »

Suggestion: A facility to allow people to "subscribe" to items on your website, such that when they come back in stock an email is sent to subscribers?

+1 for a watch list type thing.  I have key item pages monitored to alert me when "Not In Stock" can't be found on the page. 

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 16:54:10 »

We would, but spamming potential customers is not something we find very appealing...

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 16:56:26 »

+1 for a watch list type thing.  I have key item pages monitored to alert me when "Not In Stock" can't be found on the page.

Unfortunately, we like to have all SKU's listed at all times whether 'in stock' or not.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:27:25 »

We would, but spamming potential customers is not something we find very appealing...

It wouldn't be seen as spamming - it would be strictly opt in - customer clicks a "notify me" button on the web page for a particular item that is out of stock, fills in their email address.  When the item comes back in stock a single email would be sent to that address advising that the product was in stock.

So it would be opt-in.  Only one email would be sent (i.e. if the customer did nothing and the item went out of stock again, they would have to "subscribe" to that item again).

I'm not sure how the laws in the US would affect this - the only potential problem is that it would be somewhat difficult to implement a facility to allow a customer to remove their name from the notification list for a product.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 15:35:30 »

It wouldn't be seen as spamming - it would be strictly opt in - customer clicks a "notify me" button on the web page for a particular item that is out of stock, fills in their email address.  When the item comes back in stock a single email would be sent to that address advising that the product was in stock.

So it would be opt-in.  Only one email would be sent (i.e. if the customer did nothing and the item went out of stock again, they would have to "subscribe" to that item again).

I'm not sure how the laws in the US would affect this - the only potential problem is that it would be somewhat difficult to implement a facility to allow a customer to remove their name from the notification list for a product.

Duly noted, and thank you. We will look into it.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:20:26 »
looks like I waited too long.

One thing it seems all the kits are missing, is 1.5x modifiers. Any chance of either getting a few sets for the ANSI150 layout (1.5 ctrl, alt, + 7x spacebar) or a separate kit of just 1.5 keys? All my favorite DIY keyboards rely heavily on the 1.5 ... ergodox, phantom, JD45 (actually that one also spams 1.75 keys everywhere. Yikes!)

You don't have loose 1.5 PBT keys lying around to pair up with one of the remaining "bumble" doubleshot sets, do you?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 11:50:26 »
looks like I waited too long.

One thing it seems all the kits are missing, is 1.5x modifiers. Any chance of either getting a few sets for the ANSI150 layout (1.5 ctrl, alt, + 7x spacebar) or a separate kit of just 1.5 keys? All my favorite DIY keyboards rely heavily on the 1.5 ... ergodox, phantom, JD45 (actually that one also spams 1.75 keys everywhere. Yikes!)

You don't have loose 1.5 PBT keys lying around to pair up with one of the remaining "bumble" doubleshot sets, do you?

How many would you need? We may have a few Ducky Black PBT Blanks laying around...

Please feel free to email us with your inquiry at support@mechanicalkeyboards.com

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Re: Tai-Hao PBT Doubleshots are Coming, part Deux!
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 11:23:46 »
OP and title edited.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 11:38:15 »
Does anyone have a good shot of the Tai Hao profiles?  They seem to be more uniform than DCS or OEM, but it's hard to tell.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 02:28:05 »
Does anyone have a good shot of the Tai Hao profiles?  They seem to be more uniform than DCS or OEM, but it's hard to tell.

Hopefully these will suffice until someone with a better camera and some photography skills can contribute.  OG WoB Tai Hao.

96127-0

96129-1

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 06:10:07 »
Great shots, thanks.

Offline Data

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 15:11:14 »
Supposedly TaiHao started shipping these with an anti-microbial coating that adds some questionable tactility to the keys.  Have you guys seen this on any of your sets?  Has MK.com received any complaints about it?

Massdrop is running a buy for a similar set ("Sunshine") and the comments are full of complaints about the coating, mostly from Reddit users.  I was curious if this was a thing now.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 15:15:26 »
Supposedly TaiHao started shipping these with an anti-microbial coating that adds some questionable tactility to the keys.  Have you guys seen this on any of your sets?  Has MK.com received any complaints about it?

Massdrop is running a buy for a similar set ("Sunshine") and the comments are full of complaints about the coating, mostly from Reddit users.  I was curious if this was a thing now.

They do have a little more grip than other PBT. Out of all the sets we have sold numbering in the 100's, we have only had a handful of returns. If there are complaints, they are not being directed our way.

Offline Data

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 15:23:16 »
Interesting.  Thanks, Zero.  :thumb: