Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 223307 times)

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 15:14:46 »
I had a quite big order with alu bottom, two tops(purple and grey), two pcb's, Alu and bras plate and stabs leds etc. I was around order numb 60-70 or so. Will my order be shipped before or after 10th of may? Looking forward to getting my board  :) (just copy pasting what i said earlier but got ignored.)

I thought i answered you already, i didn't apparently. 
Anyway, unless you contact Vincent directly via mail with your order number ( listed items won't work), you can't get an answer here. 

On a side note, i suggest to not start to spam his mail since he posted the timeline, and second batch still has to ship. Whatever is the the order, it will be shipped when possible aka when all the items of your order are ready (so yeah a big order might me shipped after a simple silver case+silver plate). Basically, contacting Vincent won't make the order shipping faster.  And yeah after May 10 cuz that's the entire batch 2 and batch 3. Probably your is not batch 1 that should have shipped already.   

I would say just contact Vincent in case you have to change your address, otherwise you can just wait for the mail of the confirmation of your address pre-shipping and later the shipping notification. 

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 15:16:33 by KaosJ »

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #351 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 09:27:38 »
I'm a bit confused by the batch system and timelines.  Not overly worried but like others starting to get excited.  I was order number 223, alu bottom and non-silver plate.  Does the type of order supersede the order number? or since i don't have acrylic base and not in europe put me in the earlier group?

I haven't received anything, just trying to get an idea as i'll be traveling the latter half of this month.

It seems like if you don't get any confirmation by end of week/next week it will be in batch 3. But I could be completely wrong.
I was order number 006...

And Vincent asked for my address and phone number on April 16th, but I've heard nothing after that...

Hm...

I'm in the same boat as you are, order #14. I went with gray alu base/top with brass plate and weight, so I was assuming that it would be shipped on the 5th. Back in April I sent him my shipping info as he requested but I haven't had any confirmation about shipping etc.

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 09:33:17 »
I had a quite big order with alu bottom, two tops(purple and grey), two pcb's, Alu and bras plate and stabs leds etc. I was around order numb 60-70 or so. Will my order be shipped before or after 10th of may? Looking forward to getting my board  :) (just copy pasting what i said earlier but got ignored.)

I thought i answered you already, i didn't apparently. 
Anyway, unless you contact Vincent directly via mail with your order number ( listed items won't work), you can't get an answer here. 

On a side note, i suggest to not start to spam his mail since he posted the timeline, and second batch still has to ship. Whatever is the the order, it will be shipped when possible aka when all the items of your order are ready (so yeah a big order might me shipped after a simple silver case+silver plate). Basically, contacting Vincent won't make the order shipping faster.  And yeah after May 10 cuz that's the entire batch 2 and batch 3. Probably your is not batch 1 that should have shipped already.   

I would say just contact Vincent in case you have to change your address, otherwise you can just wait for the mail of the confirmation of your address pre-shipping and later the shipping notification.
I think most people are just curious because according to vincents' updates the shipping for the first batch should have started a week ago but no one has received a shipping notification yet.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 13:55:53 »
I think most people are just curious because according to vincents' updates the shipping for the first batch should have started a week ago but no one has received a shipping notification yet.

Yeah, I think people are just worried because the originally planned ship date was the 30th of March... then became last week - this week. I imagine if someone received a shipping notification or something similar they would post something about it... but no one has so I guess Vincent hasn't started shipping yet :\

Offline bball2

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:09:34 »
My invoice was M003 but haven't gotten any new shipping details or asking to confirm shipping address yet =\

Offline Woovie

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 04:39:48 »
Just got an email asking for my phone number as DHL requires it, so I suppose shipping should be happening soon.  :thumb:

Edit: M024
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 08:39:45 by Woovie »

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 07:32:40 »
Just got my email this morning to confirm address and shipping, M224, so we're making progress. Neat!

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 10:01:17 »
Just got my email this morning to confirm address and shipping, M224, so we're making progress. Neat!

Which round are you in?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:44:00 »
The whole batch 1 should be shipped afaik.   

Some people packages were shipped before giving them the tracking as well. 

They are sorting out the second batch and should be shipped in the next days. 

Ne other updates avail

Offline Astralou

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:22:29 »
I'm acrylic bottom and alu top and still no emails. Was #111

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:59:14 »
I know I ask a lot of random questions, but any idea what the length of the case is?

Offline jdlee777

« Reply #361 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 21:19:58 »
My invoice was M065 but haven't gotten any shipping details yet.
I'm alu top and alu bottom.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 23:22:23 »
My invoice was M065 but haven't gotten any shipping details yet.
I'm alu top and alu bottom.

From what I understand of KaosJ's post your order should have been shipped by now, but Vincent hasn't sent out the tracking info yet (I'm in the same boat too, guess we just gotta wait for it)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:32:21 »
Guys calm, a big part of the first batch of 100 was mostly alu top+alu bottom+alu plate and ALL SILVER!  (Yes plate silver too). 

Also some colored combinations, but not many.  E.g. just 5 purple in the first batch. 
I didn't got my keyboard as well, neither a tracking.   

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:34:20 »
I know I ask a lot of random questions, but any idea what the length of the case is?

Case: 382 x 138 x33 (max height without feets) all in millimeters.

This is based on the file i have, which might have changed slightly so there might be a small variance in dimension (in order of millimeters)
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:35:52 by KaosJ »

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #365 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:16:16 »
Which round are you in?

Not sure. I'm easy like Sunday morning though so just glad to hear progress is being made.

Offline runsamok

« Reply #366 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 15:43:13 »
Much love to Cathy on Reddit & Vincent for responding to an old comment I made regarding extras & reaching out so I could grab the board I wanted with a minimum of fuss.

Super stoked to stick my SA Oblivion onto a grey Melody96 in the near future!

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 13:29:51 »
What kind of stabs come with this board?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #368 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 16:49:54 »
What kind of stabs come with this board?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OEM by default, there was an option to upgrade to Genuine Cherry stabs for $5. They are PCB mounted not screw-in.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 12:23:45 »
Hello :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:13:29 »

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:26:33 »

More case pics, please!  ;D
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:36:01 »

Looking great, would love to see a pic of the side of the case. Did you get notification from YMDK or DHL before delivery?

Offline Woovie

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:26:16 »

Looking great, would love to see a pic of the side of the case. Did you get notification from YMDK or DHL before delivery?

Yes.

DHL EXPRESS XXXXX from ONE VILLAGE is scheduled for delivery TODAY. Track at XXXXX

I also got a notification for it a couple days ahead. You should get texts.

I'll post more pictures soon. 😁

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:27:09 »
Oh man, now you got me all excited

Yes.

DHL EXPRESS XXXXX from ONE VILLAGE is scheduled for delivery TODAY. Track at XXXXX

I also got a notification for it a couple days ahead. You should get texts.

I'll post more pictures soon.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #375 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:34:14 »

God damn that's clean, I'm so excited to receive mine. Going to try polishing the brass weight to match the plate... hopefully it won't be too messy.

What Order # were you?

Offline Woovie

« Reply #376 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:34:04 »
God damn that's clean, I'm so excited to receive mine. Going to try polishing the brass weight to match the plate... hopefully it won't be too messy.

What Order # were you?
M024
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 00:01:40 by Woovie »

Offline truong3016

« Reply #377 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:11:13 »
more pic please  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Woovie

« Reply #378 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 00:01:24 »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HT4nrTZm0yxZHfLt2

Here's a bunch of pictures, enjoy!

Problems: Small issue with the brass plate around the vertical line/pipe/backslash. Underside of the plate has a few issues, but I'm not concerned about either really. The weight has some weird patterning on it. I tried cleaning with just water and alcohol, nothing so far. I will be trying something more acidic on it probably.

So far I love it, great board. The weight is extreme! My only scale I had on hand was overloaded when I tried to weigh it. I took some good pictures of the edges for y'all.

Offline truong3016

« Reply #379 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 02:19:32 »

Problems: Small issue with the brass plate around the vertical line/pipe/backslash. Underside of the plate has a few issues, but I'm not concerned about either really. The weight has some weird patterning on it. I tried cleaning with just water and alcohol, nothing so far. I will be trying something more acidic on it probably.

So far I love it, great board. The weight is extreme! My only scale I had on hand was overloaded when I tried to weigh it. I took some good pictures of the edges for y'all.

thank you Sir.

Minors issue here and there but board is still gorgeous.

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 02:48:22 »

Oh my god I can't wait  ;D

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 04:36:15 »
Thanks for posting pics! Beautiful board. Can't wait to get mine. Hopefully, the acrylic version won't disappoint as well.

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 06:44:10 »

Thank you! Is this silver or titanium color?

Offline Woovie

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 07:44:05 »

Thank you! Is this silver or titanium color?
Titanium

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 11:31:51 »
Anyone have an image of the side profile with cherry profile keycaps? Really excited to get mine! ;D

Offline elmateo487

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:13:59 »
Are there any extras that can be ordered for those who missed the group buy like myself?

Thanks!

Offline Astralou

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:36:12 »
Alu top and acrylic bottom, M0111 ans still no email.. Did something went wrong? Also tried to email Vincent but no answers since 6 days.

Offline lendflat

« Reply #387 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:41:07 »
GEEEEZ everyone calm down, it will come when it comes.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 13:30:09 »
Alu top and acrylic bottom, M0111 ans still no email.. Did something went wrong? Also tried to email Vincent but no answers since 6 days.

Nothing wrong. We are still in the period within the update.
They are doing a huge amount of work these days and there were many soldered boards as well, so if most of the people keep posting their order number here, imagine how many people are spamming at their mails just to ask when their order will be shipped, when the update was made to avoid these situations.
Also consider they are not only doing and shipping the melody so my advice is "just wait"

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #389 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 15:04:51 »
I've been waiting on the Calm Depths Maxkey set for like 100 years ;D , so this seems like light speed. Can't wait to get this board and put pulse on it in like another 8 months!

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 15:13:55 »
I've been waiting on the Calm Depths Maxkey set for like 100 years ;D , so this seems like light speed. Can't wait to get this board and put pulse on it in like another 8 months!

I think people are just getting antsy since it was originally planned to ship at the end of March. I had originally hoped to put GMK Electric on mine (and still do), but il probably need to settle for XDA Canvas Manfred :(

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 15:31:01 »

I think people are just getting antsy since it was originally planned to ship at the end of March. I had originally hoped to put GMK Electric on mine (and still do), but il probably need to settle for XDA Canvas Manfred :(
Hey, Don't "settle" for Canvas. That's what I'm putting on mine.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:37:31 »

Hey, Don't "settle" for Canvas. That's what I'm putting on mine.

Haha, I still like the set, but I had picked all the pieces with GMK Electric in mind, so Canvas won't really fit my board to well :P just need keycaps to cover it!

EDIT: Got my shipping notification today (05/17), I was M035 Titanium Gray top, Cyan Bottom, Brass Plate, Unassembled.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:39:21 by PotatoTM »

Offline ShterMcGavin

« Reply #393 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 07:50:15 »
Got My Email at 6:10am EST asking to confirm my Address and Phone number

Order number M061
Cyan ALU top
Purple ALU plate
Acrylic Base
Soldered LEDs and Switches

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #394 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 08:40:00 »
Got my email at 6:17 EST for confirmation of address and phone number

Invoice # M154

Cyan alu top
Cyan alu plate
Acrylic Base
Unassembled but ordered switches

Stay frosty people. It's coming.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #395 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:40:48 »
Got my email also, at 6:16 ET

Seems like all the Cyan top and acrylic bottoms are int his batch.

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #396 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 13:12:21 »
Also got my confirmation, cyan top and bottom, extra acrylic bottom, brass weight and brass plate.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #397 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:16:03 »
So my brass weight has some sort of tarnish on it which looks like it was may be caused by the bubble wrap, it is coated in some sort material it seems and maybe not directly polished. I'd like to ask what that material may be so that I can correctly either fix the issue or strip it and directly polish the brass. I'm going to try using Coke but I'm not sure it's going to have any effect with this material.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:20:30 »
So my brass weight has some sort of tarnish on it which looks like it was may be caused by the bubble wrap, it is coated in some sort material it seems and maybe not directly polished. I'd like to ask what that material may be so that I can correctly either fix the issue or strip it and directly polish the brass. I'm going to try using Coke but I'm not sure it's going to have any effect with this material.

Lemme ask.

Anyway, what are these things, finger prints? 

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:43:57 »
that looks like it is underneath the pvd layer.  You would have to strip off the protective pvd layer and then polish the brass underneath.  Then subject it again to pvd treatment in order to get the same look.  Not an easy process, I suggest get a replacement or live with it.