Author Topic: Geek PPS Keycap Set  (Read 12264 times)

Offline WHeisenberg

Geek PPS Keycap Set
« on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 09:15:09 »
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone (outside of South Korea, and outside of the Massdrop GB) has managed to buy Geek PPS keycaps from Rantopad http://www.rantopad.co.kr/us/main/index.php?

When I tried setting the delivery address to one in Europe the estimated shipping cost is zero. Hence I suspect something is not right. I have tried contacting the store, but to no avail.

Cheers
WH

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Geek PPS Keycap Set
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 14:48:15 »
they're prone to shattering, i've heard

korean users have been buying them for cheap and selling them on mechmarket for two or three times what they pay

a fun novelty, but not really better than PBT

i think you need a proxy to order them, but i'm not sure
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 15:22:23 »
Thanks, Puddsy!

Yeah, I've seen some PPS sets go for GMK prices (excl. customs). Not keen to pay that much then they can be bought new for <$50USD.

Ah, didn't know about the shattering! Thanks! The interesting texture, sound and deep matte black colour was what got me interested in a PPS set - but proneness to shattering sounds bad. WIll probably go with some black on black Enjoy PBT caps instead to fill a similar "niche".

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 16:11:36 »
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone (outside of South Korea, and outside of the Massdrop GB) has managed to buy Geek PPS keycaps from Rantopad http://www.rantopad.co.kr/us/main/index.php?

When I tried setting the delivery address to one in Europe the estimated shipping cost is zero. Hence I suspect something is not right. I have tried contacting the store, but to no avail.

Cheers
WH

I bought some for a good price on MM - they are really nice feel and sound to them - very unusual. Not had any problems with them shattering - they are pretty tough and durable and I have larger keys like the ISO enter as well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:55:21 »
Thanks, Puddsy!

Yeah, I've seen some PPS sets go for GMK prices (excl. customs). Not keen to pay that much then they can be bought new for <$50USD.

Ah, didn't know about the shattering! Thanks! The interesting texture, sound and deep matte black colour was what got me interested in a PPS set - but proneness to shattering sounds bad. WIll probably go with some black on black Enjoy PBT caps instead to fill a similar "niche".

they're working on printed versions, and the shattering has been fixed in the latest revision

this has been a 3+ year project, so a lot has gone into it

forgot to mention that stuff before

but i still think a gateron/EPBT black blank set is just as good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 03:56:21 »
Hi,

Cheers
WH

I bought some for a good price on MM - they are really nice feel and sound to them - very unusual. Not had any problems with them shattering - they are pretty tough and durable and I have larger keys like the ISO enter as well.

Cheers! Now I'm quite keen again... Hmm, I guess I'll keep an eye out for some decently priced ones on MM.

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 03:57:27 »
Thanks, Puddsy!

they're working on printed versions, and the shattering has been fixed in the latest revision

this has been a 3+ year project, so a lot has gone into it

forgot to mention that stuff before

but i still think a gateron/EPBT black blank set is just as good

That sounds really promising. Will definitely try to follow the development. Thanks!

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:42:17 »
For future reference for anyone interested - I got a reply (proxy not required).

Thank you for your interest in our products.
The PPS keycap color is two stone black, chocolate.
The default array of pps keycaps is 119 keys $ 76 , the winkeyless array is 135 keys $ 131.
International shipping is separate.
Please let us know your exact address and we will notify you of the shipping cost.
If you order by mail, you can send it out after payment is confirmed.
Thank you.

Keycap color selection:
Select keycap array:
Shipping address:

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:12:12 »
They sound good on linears.

Not a fan of how the original gb was run, but to be completely honest, I would take this over stuff like GMK any day of the week.
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline syke

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 18:21:03 »
did you manage to buy from the site? the tkl board they have looks really cool

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 03:41:27 »
For future reference for anyone interested - I got a reply (proxy not required).

Thank you for your interest in our products.
The PPS keycap color is two stone black, chocolate.
The default array of pps keycaps is 119 keys $ 76 , the winkeyless array is 135 keys $ 131.
International shipping is separate.
Please let us know your exact address and we will notify you of the shipping cost.
If you order by mail, you can send it out after payment is confirmed.
Thank you.

Keycap color selection:
Select keycap array:
Shipping address:

Kinda weird Website price 62 dollar for 135 keys but when you buy it outside of korea it skyrockets to 131 dollars?  :rolleyes:

E: The price is right it's just the website linked above has the pricing wrong the other official korean website has it listed for 139,000 that translates to about 128 dollar.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 May 2018, 06:52:29 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020