Author Topic: [GB] OG Coil Cables - Ended, Extras Available  (Read 77264 times)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
Re: [GB] OG Coil Cables - Update 10/22/18
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 16:22:44 »
Just wanted to say i'm very happy with this cable. Finally today got my usb extender so I can use it properly on my desk it's a real beauty.

Thanks donut.

TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 09:20:53 »
Still have not received any refund or invoice for shipping for my two cables. :(

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 17:17:32 »
Still have not received any refund or invoice for shipping for my two cables. :(

If you're one of the people that didn't respond to the email I sent out, I was giving everyone a little bit more time to choose to respond or not before going through with the refunds. I'm looking to send out the last of the refunds the end of this week.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 01:49:02 »

If you're one of the people that didn't respond to the email I sent out, I was giving everyone a little bit more time to choose to respond or not before going through with the refunds. I'm looking to send out the last of the refunds the end of this week.

Ah I see. I responded about a week ago because I didn't see that last line about replying initially. I got a little anxious from not hearing anything back.  :-\

Offline bloggerstomper

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 13:03:35 »
This is so awesome! @donutcat will you be making more in the future?

Offline panrc

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 08:40:03 »
I didn’t reply in time and got a refund. What does that mean for my order?
I don’t want to cancel.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:48:11 »
Noticed it'd been awhile so wanted to comment that I'm still steadily working my way through orders inbetween packing Phantom for shipping and working on budget96, among other projects.

I don’t want to cancel.

Your order is currently cancelled, but you'll have a chance to get back into the queue once current orders are finished.

Offline panrc

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 06:41:43 »
Noticed it'd been awhile so wanted to comment that I'm still steadily working my way through orders inbetween packing Phantom for shipping and working on budget96, among other projects.

I don’t want to cancel.

Your order is currently cancelled, but you'll have a chance to get back into the queue once current orders are finished.

Surely you don’t mean I need to submit a whole new order from scratch again?

Your email gave the impression it was just a temporary refund while preparing orders, there was no clear indication you intended to kick people off the list and completely cancel orders if they didn’t respond.
The email made it sound like “respond if you want to cancel”.
I just want the cables I ordered, don’t mind waiting, but cancelling my order is ridiculous and a huge pain. I can’t even remember all the details I specified now.
Seems silly to go from having submitted an order so long ago and now being told “sorry no cables for you unless you’re lucky enough to snag leftovers lol”
Would really appreciate just being left on the list. Chuck on and extra $10 if you want. Just want my order with minimal messing about. Shouldn’t be this hard? Feel screwed over by this. Automatic order cancellation is wrong, just want to pay up and receive what I ordered.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 07:05:37 by panrc »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:09:35 »

I don’t want to cancel.

Your email gave the impression it was just a temporary refund while preparing orders, there was no clear indication you intended to kick people off the list and completely cancel orders if they didn’t respond.
I just want the cables I ordered, don’t mind waiting, but cancelling my order is ridiculous and a huge pain. I can’t even remember all the details I specified now.
Seems silly to go from having submitted an order so long ago and now being told “sorry no cables for you unless you’re lucky enough to snag leftovers lol”
Would really appreciate just being left on the list. Chuck on and extra $10 if you want. Just want my order with minimal messing about. Shouldn’t be this hard? Feel screwed over by this. Automatic order cancellation is wrong, just want to pay up and receive what I ordered.

Firstly, I should have said this in the last post and wasn't thinking hard enough at the time, anyone that was part of the original orders and has cancelled or refunded will have priority on extras over "new" orders for them, so you won't have to be "lucky enough to snag leftovers", particularly when there's quite a few cables that are looking to be available at this point due to cancellations, refunds, etc. Your order information is still available to me if you're wanting to order the exact same thing, but this is also giving you a chance to adjust your order if desired.

Secondly, and no disrespect towards you, but I would like to point out the second to last section of the email I sent out:

Where I explicitly stated that non-response would be taken as refund and cancellation. I'd also like to point out that I gave three weeks between when I sent the email and when I finally processed the refunds for non-response.

And yes, I agree that none of this should be this hard, I've been yelling that every time I've run into issues with making these cables and unfortunately it hasn't made it any easier on my end. I'm trying to make the best of the situation even when just cancelling all orders and walking away from this is such a tempting thought.

Offline panrc

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 01:52:09 »

I don’t want to cancel.

Firstly, I should have said this in the last post and wasn't thinking hard enough at the time, anyone that was part of the original orders and has cancelled or refunded will have priority on extras over "new" orders for them, so you won't have to be "lucky enough to snag leftovers", particularly when there's quite a few cables that are looking to be available at this point due to cancellations, refunds, etc. Your order information is still available to me if you're wanting to order the exact same thing, but this is also giving you a chance to adjust your order if desired.

Secondly, and no disrespect towards you, but I would like to point out the second to last section of the email I sent out:
Show Image

Where I explicitly stated that non-response would be taken as refund and cancellation. I'd also like to point out that I gave three weeks between when I sent the email and when I finally processed the refunds for non-response.

And yes, I agree that none of this should be this hard, I've been yelling that every time I've run into issues with making these cables and unfortunately it hasn't made it any easier on my end. I'm trying to make the best of the situation even when just cancelling all orders and walking away from this is such a tempting thought.

I honestly interpreted that part of the email as “you’ll be put to the back of the queue if you don’t respond or you can explicitly ask to cancel if you wish” the wording of it doesn’t jump out to me as “respond or lose your order completely”. But fair enough I’m not arguing that now. Just perhaps try to make that sort of thing more unquestionably obvious in future.
After I briefly looked over the email I thought I was all good to just go back to waiting and didn’t think about it again.

Sorry for coming off so harsh, I’m letting my own problems get the better of me.
Thanks for running the gb, I’m sure it’s causing you no end of stress and taking up much of your time.
I’ll try to keep an eye on the thread for updates, but an email notification would also help a lot when you’re ready.

Offline vegs

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 05:32:20 »
What's the status on the remaining cables? I have not been re-invoiced yet.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 16:11:13 »

The last of the orders that chose to not be refunded were finished Friday, aside from one that's sitting with the EU proxy orders. The next orders up on the block are the beginning of the refunded orders; a few US orders that were delayed due to C issues, EU proxy orders, and Asia orders. I'm hoping to have these out in a reasonable amount of time, but right now dealing with issues in other GBs, the holiday season, and some personal issues are a bit of an impedance I'm trying to work through.

Offline vegs

« Reply #312 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 02:26:23 »

The last of the orders that chose to not be refunded were finished Friday, aside from one that's sitting with the EU proxy orders. The next orders up on the block are the beginning of the refunded orders; a few US orders that were delayed due to C issues, EU proxy orders, and Asia orders. I'm hoping to have these out in a reasonable amount of time, but right now dealing with issues in other GBs, the holiday season, and some personal issues are a bit of an impedance I'm trying to work through.
Ok, thanks for the update :-*

buy less

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 02:50:14 »
Great. Now please find a way to offer these in Type C. It is the future.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 05:47:53 »
is there any extras or unbuilt cables?
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline wowremy

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 04:45:48 »
I replied to the email that I want to stay in the GB, but have not received mine yet (usb mini) Should I have tracking or anything yet?

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:20:12 »
Hey donut, hows it looking for orders from Asia

Offline forumusername

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 20:06:38 »
In US still haven't received mine

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 01:09:55 »
I'm still working my way through cables when I have time between GB fulfillment. I'll actually have several orders ready to go out next week, so keep an eye out for invoices.

Offline JP

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 12:40:35 »
Can you be bribed with donuts to jump ahead in the queue?  ;D
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #320 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 03:06:41 »
Hey Donut, If I reverse my coil will it lose all its elasticity? Have you tried with any? I want to use it on a keeb with usb on the right side and have the coils go down/left. I saw a vid how they made old telephone cords theyd wrap and heat the coil to set, but then reverse it to give it its springyness, like when you get a kink but do the whole thing.

Edit: example vid
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 January 2019, 11:21:54 by lakeboredom »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #321 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 14:48:30 »
got my invoice, paid, and tracking for my order + an extra i picked up

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #322 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 15:37:48 »
Hey Donut, If I reverse my coil will it lose all its elasticity? Have you tried with any? I want to use it on a keeb with usb on the right side and have the coils go down/left. I saw a vid how they made old telephone cords theyd wrap and heat the coil to set, but then reverse it to give it its springyness, like when you get a kink but do the whole thing.

Edit: example vid

I cannot say for sure, but I would expect it to have *some* impact on springiness. If your order had a "normal" length L1 then there should be enough flex on that end to plug it in then just flip the coiled bit either over or under to get it laying the direction you want. I tried to make most of the Mini connectors sideways to the coils so they could lay either direction, but the bulkiness of the conductors made it so they had to align with how they were facing at that point in the cable.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 23:20:06 »
Oh yeah its no issue getting it the right direction. I want it to come out on the right and coil downwards instead of upwards, hence wanting to reverse the coil direction. Any chance you have a broken one to test on?? :P I'm thinking they may retain their spring since the cable is round.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 12:12:04 »
I'm still working my way through cables when I have time between GB fulfillment. I'll actually have several orders ready to go out next week, so keep an eye out for invoices.
Still not received my cable here in the USA

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline forumusername

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 15:03:18 »
Still waiting

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 04:19:40 »
For everyone's info, the og coil cables take very well to reversing coil direction. This is if you want the coil to go upwards or downwards when coming out of the keyboard from the left or right. I reversed the entire cable so It would coil down, when coming out of my keyboard and going left across my desk. The coil retained its full elasticity. Tight as ****.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 06:30:08 »
For everyone's info, the og coil cables take very well to reversing coil direction. This is if you want the coil to go upwards or downwards when coming out of the keyboard from the left or right. I reversed the entire cable so It would coil down, when coming out of my keyboard and going left across my desk. The coil retained its full elasticity. Tight as ****.

Thanks for this. I actually might do that

Donut - what are the probability of extras at this point? Given the popularity of these, do you ever see another round happening?

Offline vegs

« Reply #328 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 06:33:18 »

Ok, thanks for the update :-*
Any updates?

buy less

Offline ullr

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 06:41:08 »
He invoiced and shipped my refunded order last week, so I believe that it is happening.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #330 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 07:03:09 »
Still waiting

got mine last week

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2019, 23:12:23 by forumusername »

Offline homiechicken

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 07:53:22 »
Got my invoice + shipping confirmation for my refunded order yesterday.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 09:31:06 »
Couldn't stop laughing because of how ridiculously thick the cables are, seeing it in person was really something.

Really happy with my order, thanks donut

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 14:47:14 »
What about the european orders?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 04:42:55 »

I'm working on the EU orders currently, but since they're through a proxy you won't see anything about them until all of them are ready for shipment and I figure out the bulk shipping cost.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 07:24:17 »

I'm working on the EU orders currently, but since they're through a proxy you won't see anything about them until all of them are ready for shipment and I figure out the bulk shipping cost.

Thanks for the update!

Offline vegs

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 02:11:42 »
I was invoiced a few days ago, so looks like something is happening :cool:

buy less

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 04:14:14 »
Yep, mee too

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 16:32:09 »
Received my cable via EU proxy a week or so ago. Damn this thing is huge and sturdy! Really nice, need to test drive it soon to validate that the connections and all work properly.

Thanks!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline JP

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 19:40:18 »
Just got an invoice for 2x black and 1x beige. I just pm'd donut to cancel my order so maybe someone here might be able to get one.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 02:51:47 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 July 2019, 02:54:23 by donutcat »