Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2330 times)

Offline polarsolar

Hello!
« on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 23:46:29 »
Recent lurker & keyboard newb just making an account.  :)  I finally decided to act on my frustration at using standard-IT-issue mediocre membrane keyboard after not using a mechanical keyboard in 10+ years, so this is all new to me.

I found GH from some web search on personalized/alternate keyboard layouts.  I'm a longtime Dvorak typist (yes, sorry, one of those) and have been fascinated with the idea of generating an "optimal" layout based on personal typing usage, hand size, and hand usage preferences.  TBH, I don't have the patience to learn yet another layout right now, but I really enjoy reading about others' experiments.  That led me to other GH threads, which finally gave me a kick in the pants to get a decent keyboard.  After doing some reading, I figured that I might as well go custom and build something with the layouts and features that I want.  Why go halfway by buying something off-the-shelf?  We'll see if I destroy my first PCB, hate the custom layout, and regret that decision after a weekend of de-soldering.  I hope not, but we'll see after the rest of the parts show up...

Anyways, thanks a bunch for all the useful info on the forums!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 19:54:19 »
Anyways, thanks a bunch for all the useful info on the forums!

You're welcome and uh... welcome!  ^-^
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli