Author Topic: GMK HyperFuse Origins Cap Stems Split  (Read 3298 times)

Offline starhacker

GMK HyperFuse Origins Cap Stems Split
« on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 11:29:19 »
After a week of use some of keycaps stems split in half. For now, I think only two caps are split from the top number row. Had to use super glue on the stems to keep them from breaking off completely. I expected a bit higher quality build for these caps. The stem borders are quite thin.

Any one else had breakage issues with GMK caps? Is there a way to get replacements?

200144-0

200146-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 July 2018, 14:13:00 by starhacker »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: GMK HyperFuse Origins Cap Stems Split
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 11:31:13 »
Quite unusual to hear honestly.

What switches are you using?

You could contact Originative and see if they have replacements.

Offline starhacker

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 11:35:19 »
Quite unusual to hear honestly.

What switches are you using?

You could contact Originative and see if they have replacements.

I am using Gateron Red switches. Are there MX clones that have issues fitting keycaps?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 12:30:44 »
After a week of use some of keycaps stems split in half. For now, I think only two caps are split from the top number row. Had to use super glue on the stems to keep them from breaking off completely. I expected a bit higher quality build for these caps. The stem borders are quite thin.

Any one else had breakage issues with GMK caps? Is there a way to get replacements?

Do you have any pics? I've never had issues with GMK splitting like that.

Did you use a keypuller?

Offline titanium

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 13:51:52 »
Wow that is not something that you hear everyday... OP go buy yourself a lotto ticket, you are the chosen one!

I'm sure if you contact sheraton @ originativeco.com that he'll be able to help you out, he's a swell fella :)

Offline starhacker

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 13:58:19 »

Do you have any pics? I've never had issues with GMK splitting like that.

Did you use a keypuller?

I'll post some pics. Yes I do use a keycap puller. All the other keys are in in good shape. From what I can tell, only the "1" and "5" caps split.

Offline starhacker

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 14:21:12 »
Wow that is not something that you hear everyday... OP go buy yourself a lotto ticket, you are the chosen one!

I'm sure if you contact sheraton @ originativeco.com that he'll be able to help you out, he's a swell fella :)

Lotto ticket here I come. Thanks for the email. Hopefully I can get some replacements. Even though the glue is holding well, the stems now fit a bit loose.