Author Topic: Anne 2 vs Pok3r vs other 60%-65% options  (Read 3773 times)

Offline kennedyjf

Anne 2 vs Pok3r vs other 60%-65% options
« on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 00:51:06 »
Hey folks. About to buy my first board... soooo torn! Update: The board should be Mac compatible.

I love the Pok3r but can’t seem to find an RBG with browns anywhere. Call me stupid but for some reason I really dig the colorful lights.

The Anne 2 is at a great price point and I would have some $ left over for an artisan or 2 to give it a unique look.

I am digging on the fox boards over at Kono Store but not sure I am sold on the directional keys being necessary. Also can’t get MX browns on those boards stock

Thoughts and advice to a first time buyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2018, 00:53:20 by kennedyjf »

Offline Tactile

REΛLFORCE

Offline kennedyjf

Re: Anne 2 vs Pok3r vs other 60%-65% options
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 14:29:47 »
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3627

Thanks for the link! I saw this board during my initial search and I was hoping to find one without a large border.

Offline Etnik

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:19:31 »
Im owner of a anner pro 2 black with gateron brown switches and i can tell you is a good choice. Good price, good quality... Pok3r is better option but is more expensive too

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 15:08:16 »
I love my AP2, it's just a wonderful keyboard all around. I haven't used a Pok3r, but why do you say it is a better choice?

Offline kennedyjf

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 15:28:31 »
I love my AP2, it's just a wonderful keyboard all around. I haven't used a Pok3r, but why do you say it is a better choice?

Hey! Just literally got my AP2 in the mail and I am completely in love! I assumed the Pok3r would have been a better board for the following reasons:

1) Price. This was a psychological thing for sure. I assumed since the price of the Pok3r was more then it was automatically a better board.

2) MX Cherry Browns vs Gateron Browns. Through all of my research I determined that MX cherries were better switches... I did additional research and put my trust in the Gateron switches.

3) Aluminum Case on the Pok3r.

The more research I did the more I realized that I would rather have BlueTooth connectivity (I’m typing this on my iPhone right now with my AP2), RGB backlight, easy customization, and sub $100 price tag.

I could not be happier with this board and I am soooo happy I chose it as my very first board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 15:41:14 »
I'm glad you love it! I can't comment on Gats vs Cherry, but I tried the AP2 in Gat blues and browns, both of which were perfectly good, but ended up selling those two for the Kailh box white version, which I adore. I love the over-the-top double clicks on each keystroke. The aluminum case on the Pok3r may be preferable to some, but I happen to really like the smooth, slick case of the AP2, and I generally find plastic cases less noisy than aluminum ones. The bluetooth feature of the AP2 really blows the competition out of the water, AFAIK. I use it with my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. I'm typing this on a Tex Yoda II with Zilent switches (my office keeb) which is amazing for different reasons, but for home I'm all about my AP2.