Site Announcements and Feedback > Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions

Subscribe to topics?

<< < (2/2)

rknize:
Ah, good call.  A little non-obvious, but that is probably what most people want (including me).   ;D

ChaoticKinesis:

--- Quote from: alaricljs on Fri, 20 July 2012, 11:21:10 ---In your Notifications settings, (Profile->Account settings, Modify Profile->Notifications)

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: Nothing at all

I just tested it and it looks like it's working (which is to say, not sending the email)

--- End quote ---

This does disable notifications but then I'm not sure what else selecting "Notify" on a thread would do, since there does not appear to be a place to access subscriptions.

The closest thing I can find to a subscriptions page is the link up top to "Show new replies to your posts" but using that has several problems as far as I can tell:
1. there does not appear to be a way to stop seeing replies to threads you're no longer interested in
2. threads you have not posted in will not show up
3. after checking the newest posts on a thread, it will not provide a way back to it until someone else posts

hashbaz:
The "Settings" page on old-GH was awesome.  Quick one-page access to unread PMs and all subscribed threads, with new replies sorted to the top.

alaricljs:
The same place where you change your notification settings has the list of threads you are 'notified' on.  We can work on making that a link that's not so deep.

jellowiggler:
That would be great.

Right in the "Home Help Unread Search Profile My Messages Logout" section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version