geekhack Community > Off Topic

Splinter

<< < (2/5) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Olumin on Thu, 14 October 2021, 18:41:21 ---A binocular dissecting microscope, dimmable HCRI light sauce and fine tipped tweezers.

--- End quote ---

They really need to make microscopes cheaper. they should be consumer household products.

fohat.digs:
I bought something like these a few years ago and they really do come in handy from time to time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184866711980?hash=item2b0aea29ac:g:OWkAAOSwU0VdrSJV

Faceman76:
Wait till you get an infection, then you'll know you missed part of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FreeCopy:
You can squeeze on and around the wound in different directions and pressures. There is a difference in pain between agitating the wound and something poking around in there. Or if you're really concerned you can bite something and really cut open and scrape it out.

Sometimes you have to use a needle to dig out the little pieces. I usually use a small sewing needle. A tack or even a staple can be too big.

As fohat pointed out, an eye loupe is also a very big help here.

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 14 October 2021, 19:32:47 ---I bought something like these a few years ago and they really do come in handy from time to time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184866711980?hash=item2b0aea29ac:g:OWkAAOSwU0VdrSJV

--- End quote ---

Olumin:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 14 October 2021, 18:50:36 ---
--- Quote from: Olumin on Thu, 14 October 2021, 18:41:21 ---A binocular dissecting microscope, dimmable HCRI light sauce and fine tipped tweezers.

--- End quote ---

They really need to make microscopes cheaper. they should be consumer household products.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of more affordable options available. In Germany Bresser is a very popular affordable microscope, prolly plenty good for common tasks. High quality & professional microscopes are very expensive to manufacture.

You can get vintage microscopes which aren't at all worse in terms of optics compared to modern ones for little money. I personally use a olympus from the 70s and the quality is outstanding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version