geekhack Community > Off Topic

Resurrection posting - is there a hard-and-fast timeframe for this?

(1/2) > >>

Stupidface:
Hello,

(Disclaimer: I first tried looking through the forum rules before I posted the below.  However, I did not see this matter addressed anywhere in the rules, hence my writing this post.)

I am trying to get a better grasp of what "resurrection posting" is, exactly.  What I mean is: exactly how long after the last post in a given thread can I post and not have it considered "resurrection posting"?

(Something tells me this is one of those, "I know it when I see it," sorts of deals and there is no hard-and-fast timeframe involved.  Still, I hope you will not blame a fellow for asking.)

Edit: brevity

fohat.digs:
I think that if the thread is not closed you can post to it. There is a warning that says something like "there has not been a post here for half a year" or something to that effect.

suicidal_orange:
You're right there is no hard rule whatever the forum software may suggest.  It will never be wrong to post in the old threads about one off custom boards (these used to be a thing :(), Soarer's convertor firmware, pets or fountain pens even if no-one has for years but if you're looking for keyboard or switch options or opinions there's no point bringing back a thread from even a couple of months ago as the info will be out of date.

noisyturtle:
Raise the dead!

Stupidface:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 14 October 2021, 20:07:53 ---I think that if the thread is not closed you can post to it. There is a warning that says something like "there has not been a post here for half a year" or something to that effect.

--- End quote ---

Ah, yes, here we are:

After reading your post (and seeing the above) I think I have a better idea of how this works.  Thank you for the reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version