Author Topic: [IC] MW Invasion  (Read 26581 times)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
[IC] MW Invasion
« on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:09:32 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MW Invasion, a set themed around an alien invasion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are here. . .

Alpha Kits

Modifier Kits

Novelty Kits

40s Mods                                   International Kit                                    Spacebars 

To be revealed soon . . .

Disclaimer : The 3D renders displayed in this website are for illustration purposes only. The final colors may differ slightly. Keyboards shown in the renders are for demonstrative purposes only and are NOT included with the purchase of any keycaps featured in the website.

Nemui by Bachoo

Haus by Hand Engineering

Whimsy by Prkns

Dalco 956 by Hand Engineering

Will be revealed before GB.
If you are a maker and want to collab with this set, please reach out at our discord!

Socials
For a more interactive experiance visit our website at the link below

Website                   Instagram                   Discord

For updates to our current projects and future ones, please join our discord and follow us over Instagram at the above links.

If you want to support this project please add this signature and spread the word. Thanks  :thumb:
To add a signature go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117480.0][img width=320 height=180]https://i.imgur.com/OQIcXkt.gif[/img][/url]

THANKS

Last but not least, a special thanks to Hoang, Finite, Revy and others who have helped me through some kitting & design changes.
Special thanks to Dr. Ratsby and Dededecline for helping me with th 40s kitting!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Re: [IC] MW Invasion
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:10:32 »
Reserved!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:14:56 »
Love neon green  :-*

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• PBT keycap manufacturer
    • MilkywayKeys
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:15:03 »
Invading Geekhack....GLWIC!  :)

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:24:51 »
First off, this set looks amazing and very detailed and well done. Great job on the novelites and renders and font and everything. I though that this set will be difficult to do in pbt because of how vivid the colors need to be and because it's reverse dye sub. I wonder if triple shot manu would do well like jtk or pbtfans

Either way GLWIC
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:27:56 »
 :eek: :eek: OMG this is f***king insane. i need it rn

Offline Exembe

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:32:58 »
my eyes holy crap

Offline norb

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 13:36:01 »
another banger from SxM!
i'm a sucker for non-standard alphas, i just can't quit the hobby if this continues  :-X

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 13:44:30 »
Well done overall.  :thumb:

One thing to note is that on some of your novelties and spacebars you've added a third color - white - which will require expensive and difficult reverse dyesub on what looks like to already be thin lines. I recommend removing this color so that the accent keys will be regular dyesub and much easier to manufacture.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 14:53:43 »
Well done overall.  :thumb:

One thing to note is that on some of your novelties and spacebars you've added a third color - white - which will require expensive and difficult reverse dyesub on what looks like to already be thin lines. I recommend removing this color so that the accent keys will be regular dyesub and much easier to manufacture.

So from a design POV, the white in the blasts gives a better look and gets distinguished in the accent keys (specially since they have to be bright)
From a cost view, I dont know exactly how much it will be..
Currently I am testing samples to see how accurate we can get with the colors. After that I will surely talk with MW and see how we can reduce costs.
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it a lot!

On another side note: Kinda busy rn. I will reply to the other comments later and thanks :)

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 15:24:42 »
This looks amazing. Checks all the boxes as for the fan of non-standard alphas and mods.
And those novelties are just gorgeous.
(Also 2.25 and 2.75 novelty spacebars will be perfect for shifts on TKL)

Offline KeyboardTom

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 15:33:27 »
Very nice set, are you going to use fluorescent colors for the labeling? That would be awesome!  :thumb:

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 16:27:53 »
My school Chromebook from 2014 had a real fun time looking at the gif's in this IC

Offline superjackie

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 18:11:25 »
gb when and how to buy? this is amazing!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 01:41:47 »

Love neon green  :-*

:-* :-* :-*

Invading Geekhack....GLWIC!  :)

Haha! Thanks!
:eek: :eek: OMG this is f***king insane. i need it rn

Thanks!! Will keep you updated!!

Very nice set, are you going to use fluorescent colors for the labeling? That would be awesome!  :thumb:

The colors are not fluorescent by definition. But the idea is to make it quite bright!

my eyes holy crap

Aww!! Calibrated monitors are the future!

My school Chromebook from 2014 had a real fun time looking at the gif's in this IC

Did it stutter or have issues?
Intro Video running smooth?

gb when and how to buy? this is amazing!

GB will happen when colors are matched! We will announce vendors and their respective shop links when GB starts :) Thanks for the love!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 01:44:16 »
This looks amazing. Checks all the boxes as for the fan of non-standard alphas and mods.
And those novelties are just gorgeous.
(Also 2.25 and 2.75 novelty spacebars will be perfect for shifts on TKL)

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the kind words! I am really happy you guys enjoyed what we showcased here!

another banger from SxM!
i'm a sucker for non-standard alphas, i just can't quit the hobby if this continues  :-X

Much appreciated!  :cool:

If you know me, you know there are more plans ahead xD

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 01:48:32 »
First off, this set looks amazing and very detailed and well done. Great job on the novelites and renders and font and everything. I though that this set will be difficult to do in pbt because of how vivid the colors need to be and because it's reverse dye sub. I wonder if triple shot manu would do well like jtk or pbtfans

Either way GLWIC

Firstly, thanks for the kind words and really glad you liked it.

So, we are currently testing the colors and I can revert back here whats possible and whats not. You are correct PBT is less vibrant than ABS, but I am quite certain of the reverse dye sub capabilities of MW.
In any case, we wont move forward without making sure this is possible.

The novelties are too intricate for double shot or tripleshot.
Moreover, its not really viable/possible to produce so many new double shot/triple shot molds for a single project.
If you have more questions feel free to ask!

Again, thanks for the input!!

Offline Finite

• peer pressured into mk hobby, pls send help
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 06:33:27 »
Nonstandard legends and a Sci-Fi theme? Truly impossible to resist! Especially with such a thicc 40s kit, I'll definitely look into getting two alpha sets for two different boards. Especially if I get one of my keyboards cerakoted to be Alberta Neon, this set would be such a banger for it.

Offline clickyblob

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 13:05:57 »
These novelties look so sick! It would be really cool to see this set rendered on a Cyberboard... GLWIC!

Offline panka

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 14:36:25 »
this is cool af, i wish the manu was actually not dog**** though
(admittedly noone makes good 5-side for a normal price and dbs is way too expensive)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 23:46:30 »
Nonstandard legends and a Sci-Fi theme? Truly impossible to resist! Especially with such a thicc 40s kit, I'll definitely look into getting two alpha sets for two different boards. Especially if I get one of my keyboards cerakoted to be Alberta Neon, this set would be such a banger for it.

Really happy you enjoyed the alien script and the theme :)
Always happy to support a nice 40s kit!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 00:17:15 »
Reverse dyesub
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 00:58:51 »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 01:38:16 »
These novelties look so sick! It would be really cool to see this set rendered on a Cyberboard... GLWIC!

Yeah I bet that would look cool. I need to check if I can get the model and if so, I will render them :)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 01:41:56 »
this is cool af, i wish the manu was actually not dog**** though
(admittedly noone makes good 5-side for a normal price and dbs is way too expensive)

I would say MW is doing pretty well but definitely agree reverse dyesub is tough to pull of. In any case, we will get samples done before GB.
DS would be expensive and it would just mean only one variation of the set can be done.
Yeah wonder if this was GMK, it would have looked super cool, albeit, this IC would have been blasted with "GMK bAd" comments xD
But lets see what the future holds!

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 13:51:29 »
great job on the kitting.
i plan to get two sets of alphas and mods and the whole novelty bundle.
cant miss out 🤩

Offline Jho

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 19:03:22 »
Very intriguing, will watch for updates.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 19:28:42 »
Reverse dyesub

Yes Mr. Tree 🌳

MW reverse dyesub is not good , keys ended up warped and the legends are not aligned   Not good
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 01:01:12 »
MW reverse dyesub is not good , keys ended up warped and the legends are not aligned   Not good

This has been my concern from the start and have seen some cool stuff with r. dyesub that MW will be doing going forward. Now, as I said, the samples are yet to be produced so that's the first hurdle. Will update once the samples are done!
We go step by step!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 01:01:27 »
Very intriguing, will watch for updates.

Glad you liked it!

Offline soundstage

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 09:42:20 »
Are the characters glow in the dark?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 10:46:33 »
Are the characters glow in the dark?

No they are not!

Offline KeyboardTom

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 10:56:08 »
If several users ask this question you should maybe consider adapting the color so it will indeed glow in the dark  ;D

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 11:10:03 »
If several users ask this question you should maybe consider adapting the color so it will indeed glow in the dark  ;D

Honestly, as far as I know, GITD is not as bright as you would think. Moreover they need to be charged to actually emit light.
I have Kat Cyberspace and although its an incredible set, in normal daylight it looks pale. Thats just the nature of the medium.

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 19:43:20 »
vivid!! just curious - is there any specific inspiration for the alien language?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 02:01:42 »
vivid!! just curious - is there any specific inspiration for the alien language?

Glad  :D
The font was inspired by "Visitor font".

Offline adigaforever

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 03:10:14 »
Sick!

Offline salgiza

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 03:40:43 »
Any chance of giving a South or ES/PT/LA kit (like the Iberica here) a try? This look sets amazing, and I do think that with the help of local distributor such as EloquentClicks to give it a push, it could be quite popular.

Totally understandable if you'd rather not, with all the work that this already has, but I thought that I should ask just in case!

P.S. Thanks a lot for making all keys/labels original in the alien set! I've said it in other similar sets, but not forcing the ANSI punctuation keys in this kind of kits means that it can be used for any layout (even if there is no ISO-ES option for me, the alien set is quite tempting). I don't mind having totally made up symbols in my keyboard, but having the right symbols in the wrong key manages to confuse my brain sometimes.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 15:35:39 »
Any chance of giving a South or ES/PT/LA kit (like the Iberica here) a try? This look sets amazing, and I do think that with the help of local distributor such as EloquentClicks to give it a push, it could be quite popular.

Totally understandable if you'd rather not, with all the work that this already has, but I thought that I should ask just in case!

P.S. Thanks a lot for making all keys/labels original in the alien set! I've said it in other similar sets, but not forcing the ANSI punctuation keys in this kind of kits means that it can be used for any layout (even if there is no ISO-ES option for me, the alien set is quite tempting). I don't mind having totally made up symbols in my keyboard, but having the right symbols in the wrong key manages to confuse my brain sometimes.

I will look into the kitting and check if there is enough support for adding another sub intl. kit.
Please remember to leave your feedback in the IC form.

And I appreciate the kind feedback and glad you liked this!
P.S Aliens don't use punctuations  :p

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 17:36:46 »
Great work! Can't wait to empty my wallet on this. ;D

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 02:03:07 »
Great work! Can't wait to empty my wallet on this. ;D
Thanks really appreciate it!!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 03:20:43 »
Iso French kit pls  :-* :-* :-*

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 12:40:30 »
Iso French kit pls  :-* :-* :-*

Will try to check.. But additional language kits are not that common.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 15:01:39 »
Oh soon HIBI will also invade this thread :)

Offline icey_keebss

• deskmat designer
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 07:12:12 »
i love these colors.
GLWIC

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 02:38:06 »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 15:23:49 »
We are gonna have some epic cables running along with this from Keebstuff!! Wait for it!!

Offline JustMilica

• A weeb
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 21:15:04 »
Really well-made and thought out set imo, GLWIC!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 15:56:01 »
Really well-made and thought out set imo, GLWIC!

Thanks for the compliments!! It did take a while for everything to fall into their places!

Offline 526boards

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 16:19:48 »
Definitely really interested to hear what costs end up being to implement the 3rd color. I've always understood it as a no-no but could be a game-changer if some manu decides to do it cheaply.