Author Topic: [GROUP BUY #2] what about a Noppoo Choc Mini? targeting 89.99 usd + 10$ shipping  (Read 13979 times)

Offline weipim

hi all

after the last PLU ML-87 Group buy, i learned a lot both on keyboards and on shipping method.

Last time the shipping time was really killing every one, therefore I found a better oversea carrier.

They promised me 14-30 days to USA and based on reliability, I can vouch that after the 30iest day if the package has not arrive to USA , then I will refund you guys your money if you wish, but please let me know up front. This is also the reason why the shipping went up 2 dollars more, counting on you guys to help paying for that more expensive carrier.

prices are:

mx blue:89.99
mx black: 84.99
mx brown: 93.99
shipping is 10 dollars additional to CONUS

targeting quantity will be 50 (not only from gh, so no worries)

Here are the specs:(from ebay)

Full keyboard conflict-free support under the USB port. The best choice for gamers.
POM laser engraving Cap, both comfortable and durable.
QWEASD position humane multimedia functions to reduce hand movement.
WIN shielding. Reduce misuse.
A key switch Ctrl, Cap function to facilitate the part of the software users.
Narrow frame design. Equidistant sides 6 mm, visual more beautiful.
Key steps, gradually short keycap design. Ergonomic layout, lower keyboard height, get rid of the keyboard palm rest.
Cap LED light. Cap features at a glance.
Digital Zone features. NUM number of areas open after normal use.
84 keys 65% of the width of the normal keyboard design. Overall the keyboard is less than 32 cm wide, easy to carry, allow more space for the mouse and mouse pad.

let me know your interest and I can decide on the purchase date, targeting with in 12 days!!!

cheers!

Wei

Offline pm_

With 14-30 day shipping, sounds like you are using EMS.  I was quoted $95 shipped via EMS for a Noppoo Choc Mini with Browns via one of the GH forum recommended agents (I think his name was 'Michael').  

IMO, unless prices/exchange rates have substantially changed, $89.99 + $10 shipping seems like a fair price for for an individual purchase, but doesn't seem like it would be worth the time/effort for a group purchase.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
i thought ems was best shipping option? like a week wait time
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Cool.  Hope you get lots of members sign up for this and yeah, that first one was a learning experience.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline weipim

well, there are many differences of ems, last time I used by sea, and it was a pain in the ass for most geekhackers, it was more than 50 days...

tell him to quote you seperately on the keyboard and the shipping fee, and also make sure he clarify the type of EMS he used, not his estimated time.

I will be really surprise if he can get you a choc mini for 95 dollars within 14 days at your door ( assuming this is shipped from china)

or you are always welcome to participate in our group buy

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
I order my PLU-7 with EMS and got it in 6 days.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline pm_

My mistake.  I was quoted $95 with China Post shipping, which takes 2-4 weeks (usually around 4 from posts I read).  EMS was $115, so about $20 more.  If I remember correctly, EMS was estimated to take 7-10 days.

So if they are telling you 14-30 days for a shipping estimate, it sounds like they are using China Post, or something equivalent.  In that case it looks like the ~$100 including shipping may not be any better than buying it individually via a good agent.

Offline weipim

@Noodle, congrats man, I hope you are enjoying it, btw if you are still looking for a poker, u can check out my thread in the classified
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?18977-KBC-Poker-Cherry-Red-Black-and-Brown-and-PLU-ML-87-all-brand-new

@pm_
thanks for reminding me this, I will keep working on this and hopefully I will bring a good resolution these days, btw, if you didn't buy your choc mini, would you wait until? thanks

Offline pm_

I'm still up in the air about buying a Choc Mini.  I really like the layout, but think the quality could probably be a bit better, and would prefer a US distributor, or a similar model keyboard from, say, Leopold. I'm also still waiting for a couple of Poker's.  I can be patient so I might just wait to see what else comes out, although it could be quite a while.

Offline weipim

Aight cool.  In my thread I still have 2browns and a red left if u are interested. Stock is already in us and we can go through eBay if u feel safer this way

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?18977-KBC-Poker-Cherry-Red-Black-and-Brown-and-PLU-ML-87-all-brand-new

Offline qtan5370

Well, just go to ebay buy it, with 20 dollar shipping you got in within 10 days. If it is group buy, item come to U.S in a week.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline weipim

Quote from: qtan5370;364482
Well, just go to ebay buy it, with 20 dollar shipping you got in within 10 days. If it is group buy, item come to U.S in a week.

lollll dude, i see you are a seller on ebay as well, and why are you bashing other's group buy thread ha? try to get a few more sales on yours?

Offline qtan5370

Quote from: weipim;364976
lollll dude, i see you are a seller on ebay as well, and why are you bashing other's group buy thread ha? try to get a few more sales on yours?

No, I won't bashing your group buy, but I just told them they have another option, right? Nothing should ship that slow, EMS is about 4-7 working days. Otherwise it should not state it is EMS.

Anyway, enjoy your group buy.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

Offline weipim

well, this actually happend to me and other gher, china post screwed us up. if you have better option to provide, we are all more than happy to jump in ha

Offline qtan5370

Quote from: weipim;364993
well, this actually happend to me and other gher, china post screwed us up. if you have better option to provide, we are all more than happy to jump in ha

ha, I start my group...Well, everyone pay for studying, the first time I ship my cloth, I was charge double than now. We learn every time.

Offline AndrewZorn

Quote from: ripster;363447
Wow - in comparison to the contrast on a Noppoo that Poker looks backlit.
Aren't they both Chocs?

I thought the story was the original was image 1, and the final release looked like image 2.
Does the final release still have engraved POM keycaps?

If so, I'm in! MX Brown, please.

EDIT ignore my interest for a bit, going to try to get one from Ebay since this thread doesn't seem to be moving very fast.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2011, 01:26:16 by AndrewZorn »

Offline cirE

http://img01.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i1/T1BmVQXbVrXXasACk__110429.jpg

What the heck man? I'm typing on my Choc Mini right now, and the printing is nowhere near that bright. It makes me sad, because that picture makes the keyboard look really awesome. I mean this is a good board, but it would be so much better if the printing was really that bright. Anyway, nice price for the group buy. I paid $117 for mine going through obook by myself.
FKBN87MC/EB w/ FKBPRM/B

Offline sordna

I hear newer Choc mini's have much brighter legends on the keys. Weipim, do you have any of those in stock and if so, can you post a photo?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
Quote from: sordna;386125
I hear newer Choc mini's have much brighter legends on the keys. Weipim, do you have any of those in stock and if so, can you post a photo?

I got this board from weipim and I think this is the newer legend keys. I have it for sale also in the classifieds

REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline Connor

I'd love to get in on this. I have +33 positive yoyonation trade feedback(Connor1).

Offline weipim

hey man, currently I only have cherry mx blue in stock, reds and blacks are coming haha

Offline weipim

Ha , I never had a problem with those and I sold a lot. if warranty is really your biggest concern I can always work it out with you somehow, but we need to be clear on the terms before you purchase haha.

Offline detriarch

Do u ship to Australia ?

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
Quote from: weipim;386642
Ha , I never had a problem with those and I sold a lot. if warranty is really your biggest concern I can always work it out with you somehow, but we need to be clear on the terms before you purchase haha.

Good to see you posting back on here Weipim....
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK