Author Topic: [Sold] Model M SSK  (Read 6961 times)

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup
[Sold] Model M SSK
« on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 09:49:32 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201554063134

This sale has a story behind it. 

On 3/31, I sold this keyboard to a certain eBay user.  As I was waiting for payment, eBay notified me that they had cancelled the user's bid, who evidently launched a complaint that his account had been hacked and the purchase made without his assent.  This morning, the buyer contacted me that he still wished to purchase this item and has remitted payment, which I can't find on my PayPal account.  He then directed me to my spam folder, which does contain a message slated to be from eBay International AG, stating:

Dear Seller,

This is to inform you that we have received the payment confirmation from PayPal regarding the eBay item bought off you by [redacted] .We hereby approve the payment and you are to send out the item as soon as possible to the provided buyer's shipping address in Nigeria, and then email the shipment reference number to PayPal for shipment verification process to take place.

eBay is officially guaranteeing you that on confirmation of the shipment reference number received from you by PayPal and confirmed,your money will be credited into your PayPal with no delay.

Note:- This is PayPal's new anti fraud payment policy which we are in conjunction with, to ensure safe and smooth transaction between buyers and sellers in the eBay community.

Do not forget to get back to PayPal with the shipment tracking number for verification and to verify the shipment details you have provided as proof of shipment so that your money could deposited into your PayPal account.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc.

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:40:40 by y11971alex »
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Re: [eBay] Model M SSK
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 09:52:46 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201554063134

This sale has a story behind it. 

On 3/31, I sold this keyboard to a certain eBay user.  As I was waiting for payment, eBay notified me that they had cancelled the user's bid, who evidently launched a complaint that his account had been hacked and the purchase made without his assent.  This morning, the buyer contacted me that he still wished to purchase this item and has remitted payment, which I can't find on my PayPal account.  He then directed me to my spam folder, which does contain a message slated to be from eBay International AG, stating:

Dear Seller,

This is to inform you that we have received the payment confirmation from PayPal regarding the eBay item bought off you by Travis Lee (marty1444).We hereby approve the payment and you are to send out the item as soon as possible to the provided buyer's shipping address in Nigeria, and then email the shipment reference number to PayPal for shipment verification process to take place.

eBay is officially guaranteeing you that on confirmation of the shipment reference number received from you by PayPal and confirmed,your money will be credited into your PayPal with no delay.

Note:- This is PayPal's new anti fraud payment policy which we are in conjunction with, to ensure safe and smooth transaction between buyers and sellers in the eBay community.

Do not forget to get back to PayPal with the shipment tracking number for verification and to verify the shipment details you have provided as proof of shipment so that your money could deposited into your PayPal account.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc.

Ha! sounds like this "Travis Lee" guy is quite the scammer.

Great looking SSK by the way, best of luck with the sale!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 10:17:19 »
Heck no. If you don't see it in your PayPal account then forget it. Or contact PayPal and eBay to confirm.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 14:31:46 »
Heck no. If you don't see it in your PayPal account then forget it. Or contact PayPal and eBay to confirm.

I would even go a step further and report this guy to ebay and paypal for sending potentially fraudulent material to users in attempt to con folks out of their items.

Offline OTD

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:06:59 »
could deposited .
Nigeria red flag + Improper grammar red flag = scam

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 19:08:02 »
I had a similar experience selling a Samsung Galaxy phone to Morocco a year or 2 ago. I thought that the entire continent of Africa was on my exclusion list, but he had found it and paid for it anyway.

That was when I discovered that "international flat rate" postage was only flat rate to the civilized world, and the charge was more than half again the going rate to Morocco.

I sent it out promptly, anyway, knowing that the Post Office international tracking, at best, stops at the border of the other country.

Within 2 hours of the Post Office tracking post noting that the package had left Miami, the buyer posted a "item not received" complaint (this was no more than 2-3 days after the ebay sale) with Paypal. When I sent Paypal the tracking number, they accepted my word.

When that happened, the buyer started in with the "somebody hacked my account and bought the phone without my knowledge" routine.

Paypal held my money for a few more days, but after a couple of more messages from me (with plenty of solid sales and 100% positive feedback) they released my money.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline y11971alex

• Looking for Toronto meetup
Re: [Sold] Model M SSK
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:41:12 »
Thanks for all your tips, guys.  I've successfully sold this keyboard.  :D
Keyboards owned: IBM Selectric | 3278 | 3101 | 5251 | Model F XT | AT | 122 (6110344) | Model M 1390120 | 1390131 | 1391472 | 1392464 (DisplayWriter SSK) | 1395100 (SSK) | Honeywell RD IBM 09F4230 | Leading Edge DC-2014 (Blue Alps) | Chicony 5891 (Monterey Blue) | E&E-101 (KPT Blue) | BTC 5100 | 5100C | 5369 | DEC VT100 (Hi-tek Linear) | Burroughs TP109 (Hall) | Realforce 87 (55g)

Keyboards wanted: IBM Model F 104 (Unsaver) | Model M 1391401