Author Topic: IBM SpaceSaver TrackPoint USB Keyboard (Model KPH0035)  (Read 9906 times)

Offline enoksrd

IBM SpaceSaver TrackPoint USB Keyboard (Model KPH0035)
« on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 18:12:08 »
I'm selling a good condition IBM SpaceSaver TrackPoint USB keyboard on EBay. I thought it might be of interest to people here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legendary-IBM-SpaceSaver-TrackPoint-USB-Keyboard-KPH0035-/302029198595.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM SpaceSaver TrackPoint USB Keyboard (Model KPH0035)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 18:28:21 »
Your own sale should be in "Member Auction Links"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 18:34:09 »
Moved to member auction links.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 18:36:31 »
Unless I'm horribly mistaken I don't think many people consider that keyboard "legendary", were you confusing it with a space-saving Model M?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 18:41:52 »
It seems very similar to a keyboard I had that was a simple rubber dome one.

Offline enoksrd

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 19:27:50 »
Moved to member auction links.
Thanks!

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 19:35:45 »
It's rubber dome.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline enoksrd

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 19:39:08 »
Unless I'm horribly mistaken I don't think many people consider that keyboard "legendary", were you confusing it with a space-saving Model M?
Oh. I thought the "legendary" was a nice touch on my EBay listing, but I left it off my post in the forum here, to avoid controversy ;D But my Googling indicates that people like this keyboard.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 19:43:44 »
You probably saw prices like that on those surplus parts webpages which list everything for outrageous prices and have nothing.

That's a $10 keyboard, $20 if you get the right buyer.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 20:50:45 »

I sold a couple of them in the $30-$35 range, a few years ago, with dual PS/2 plugs.

The USB type might be more handy today, especially for a laptop.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 22:57:13 »
Oh. I thought the "legendary" was a nice touch on my EBay listing, but I left it off my post in the forum here, to avoid controversy ;D But my Googling indicates that people like this keyboard.

You have to be wary of what common-folk claim they like in regard to keyboards. This is one oft-neglected area of computer geekery, since many folks are raised on computers that come with cheap keyboards. Even folks who are computer geeks are often ignorant of keyboard technology. It's pretty depressing actually. Processors, video cards, monitors, even mice have seen multitudes of advances, but the keyboard, which is how the most important input from human to computer is transferred, is the one component that has seen the most regression in the underlying technology that runs it. Thank the good lord that there are enough enthusiasts and gamers who care enough to provide a niche market for what remains of the quality keyboards that are produced.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 July 2016, 23:05:39 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 07:08:46 »

I sold a couple of them in the $30-$35 range, a few years ago, with dual PS/2 plugs.

The USB type might be more handy today, especially for a laptop.

Well, there's two bids on it from the same person, currently at $100.   I have to believe this bidder thinks they're bidding on an SSK.

And they're going to be severely disappointed with no recourse as all the factual details in the auction correctly identify the item.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets