Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shoko Shipping Soon  (Read 87570 times)

Offline outsider

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Last Day
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 19:07:15 »
So are we still operating without any info?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 22:38:19 »
212753-0

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 17:36:25 »
Kono says that they'll get the reply by 21st. Hope this would come true!

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 13:20:41 »
I know it's a long shot since they don't exist yet, but I'm trying to figure out if the Shoko caps might look good with this KBD67 case (called "Navy Blue" but not navy at all) and would love opinions:

Here's a couple real photos of the case from people who got some of the R1 runs:

Both of these things (keycaps and that case) are pre-production/pre-order so I'm trying to aim months out and hope everything comes together  :)

I'm hoping to wind up with something kind of close to this look:

I think it's one of those things that *could* look really good if they're both in the right color family (or whatever, I'm not an artist), but there's a really fine line between looking good and being just off enough that they clash and look bad. The one photo makes it look like there might be a little green in that case.

Offline ghost990

• Discord: Weston#9472
    • Dean Designs LLC
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 14:33:34 »
I know it's a long shot since they don't exist yet, but I'm trying to figure out if the Shoko caps might look good with this KBD67 case (called "Navy Blue" but not navy at all) and would love opinions:

Show Image

Here's a couple real photos of the case from people who got some of the R1 runs:

Show Image

Show Image

Both of these things (keycaps and that case) are pre-production/pre-order so I'm trying to aim months out and hope everything comes together  :)

I'm hoping to wind up with something kind of close to this look:

Show Image

I think it's one of those things that *could* look really good if they're both in the right color family (or whatever, I'm not an artist), but there's a really fine line between looking good and being just off enough that they clash and look bad. The one photo makes it look like there might be a little green in that case.

I'm actually literally putting this exact build together but my fiance wants the "Dusty Blue" version. I'm happy this GB has opened back up but now she's going to have to learn what patience is and how GB's can take a while  :-X

Offline Starston3

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:43:23 »
Y'all... Shoko is gonna be made
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:45:42 by Starston3 »

Offline Choobies

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:44:40 »
(Attachment Link)

How do you know?  And did you just attach your 1099?

Offline Starston3

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:46:05 »
(Attachment Link)

How do you know?  And did you just attach your 1099?

check again

Offline ghost990

• Discord: Weston#9472
    • Dean Designs LLC
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:49:27 »
It's a bummer that the set won't get produced with those originally proposed colors but hopefully the "matching" available resins are close enough.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 16:11:47 »
Either drop the sale, or do it right. If it boils down to compromising with a color they have in stock that they think is identical just to get it through, I'm out.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 01:25:21 »
Either drop the sale, or do it right. If it boils down to compromising with a color they have in stock that they think is identical just to get it through, I'm out.

I mean, it's just the color of the accented keys. Sure, on principle it's bad, but at least 99% of the set stays the same. What IS concerning however (and is the reason I probably won't be joining) is the total lack of communication from GB runner and that we have to learn about progress this way...

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 06:06:47 »
The side is very very noice! :thumb:

I mean, it's just the color of the accented keys. Sure, on principle it's bad, but at least 99% of the set stays the same.
Accent keys certainly make up more than 1% of the set, and that custom tinted blue color is the soul of the set, so I honestly don't know what you're talking about...
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2019, 07:33:47 by otanishock »

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 07:23:34 »
I think the accent color kono's weekly update was talking about is the light blue. But even then, I was the one who loved the light blue as well.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 08:24:23 »
Get it right or don't do it at all. I'm not paying over $100 for some plastic unless I'm sure I'm getting what I paid for.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Choobies

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 08:34:00 »
The only course of action now is to wait for pictures and feedback from the runner and then decide if you want to participate.  No reason to get salty about it, at least they're trying to do it instead of canceling it outright.  :)

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 03:59:27 »
Accent keys certainly make up more than 1% of the set, and that custom tinted blue color is the soul of the set, so I honestly don't know what you're talking about...

If you looked at the Pantone (2975C) mentioned in Kono update, you'd see it's the light blue used for Esc and Enter accented variants... To me the darker blue is the soul of the set. Accent is just that, accent, and if it differs slightly it shouldn't be a big deal.

This all won't matter tho because by the looks of it RaySasQuach hid himself in a bunker or something so there won't be anybody to approve the new color :(

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 04:01:22 »

If you looked at the Pantone (2975C) mentioned in Kono update, you'd see it's the light blue used for Esc and Enter accented variants... To me the darker blue is the soul of the set. Accent is just that, accent, and if it differs slightly it shouldn't be a big deal.

This all won't matter tho because by the looks of it RaySasQuach hid himself in a bunker or something so there won't be anybody to approve the new color :(
I'm still tempted by this set but the serious lack of communication and interaction from the runner makes it seem like it won't be worthwhile. I wish it were.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:45:58 »
I have gotten the accent sample (only these ones), it uses a slightly different Pantone than what I originally wanted since GMK couldn't resource the specific resin needed for the original one to be made. Sadly I didn't have a color checker on me so I took the pic on white foam and used white lighting for it and a few objects for reference, so the picture isn't going to be a 100% accurate and I really apologize for that.
I really have no solid excuse for being so inactive for the past two months and it's a miracle that the production is going despite not meeting MOQ. I really started to lack motivation to do a lot of things after school started and I started working more along with me keep getting sick. I will grab a color checker for sure when the next set of samples come and I hope you at least like the accent samples.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 03:14:14 by RaySasQuach »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:30:50 »
I have gotten the accent sample (only these ones), it uses a slightly different Pantone than what I originally wanted since GMK couldn't resource the specific resin needed for the original one to be made. Sadly I didn't have a color checker on me so I took the pic on white foam and used white lighting for it and a few objects for reference, so the picture isn't going to be a 100% accurate and I really apologize for that.
I really have no solid excuse for being so inactive for the past two months and it's a miracle that the production is going despite not meeting MOQ. I really started to lack motivation to do a lot of things after school started and I started working more along with me keep getting sick. I will grab a color checker for sure when the next set of samples come and I hope you at least like the accent samples.
Show Image

Show Image

[img]https://raysasquach.s-ul.eu/6gPFrkgJ.jpg/img]

I've joined with hope that we will see frequent updates from you, OP, and high enthusiasm to make this set happen to the best standard possible within our reach.

I hope things will turn out well for you despite it being busy as of late for you. Be well, and stay healthy!

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 20:31:09 »
Still tracking this closely. Nice to see Ray back for the moment.

To my eye the samples don't look too bad at all - the biggest issue is that the darker shade of grey/blue looks too grey and has too little blue vs the renders. Of course, take all this with a grain of salt because color.

I'll be interested to see where Ray lands on acceptable samples given the choice restrictions.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 20:32:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

[img]https://raysasquach.s-ul.eu/6gPFrkgJ.jpg/img]

good to see a post from you! my faith is restored in this set for now, as previously i was seriously considering canceling my order. :))))

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 21:25:44 »
So it sounds like we're going forward with shoko, just with a slightly different color then. Good to hear back from the runner. What about the child kits, are the add-ons and spacebar kits going to be produced as well?

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 21:56:29 »
Not sure if just me, but pictures broken(?)
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 23:33:14 »
I like the accent color actually. Thanks for returning!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 04:01:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Good on you for coming back man. Make right of this miracle, make sure no one who supported this set regrets it now. Make it right. :)

Offline /wolfy

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 03:18:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

My eyes look green, not blue. Are you going to fix it?

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 March 2019, 03:21:24 by /wolfy »

Offline /wolfy

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 03:19:15 »

I am worried about the color difference.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 March 2019, 03:21:02 by /wolfy »

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 11:53:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

My eyes look green, not blue. Are you going to fix it?

the only green i see is the gmk camping cap

Offline Nebula97

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 13:22:09 »
So glad to have an update! I've joined the buy on Kono. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from now on.

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 13:24:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The sample is close enough to the render for me to be happy to stay in the buy.
I'm really glad GMK was flexible enough to allow this set to happen because I think it's beautiful.
Also, good to hear from you again and I hope you're in a better place now!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 21:20:26 »
pretty close IMO

Offline /wolfy

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 14:11:51 »
Rendering is 1% higher in blue than green. (9~15 more blue on rgb)

The point is that the blue ratio in RGB must be higher than green

Samples have the same ratio of blue to green.

Of course, there may be people who see it as a little difference.

But consider this.

Shoko keycap has a soft harmony and a soft blue tone.

If the amount of green and blue is the same, the accent has the potential to break the balance.

I think the reason for paying the expensive cost of abs plastic is because of the detailed color control.

It's true that the sample is pretty now, but I feel a sense of incongruity when compared to rendering.

Again, it does not mean to specify the exact color value.

It simply means that the ratio of blue should be higher than green.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 14:41:49 by /wolfy »

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 14:34:59 »
It may not be dead on, but it seems like either this compromise is made with GMK to use their in stock resin or the accents, maybe the whole set since it didn't hit MOQ, won't be made at all.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 16:00:21 »
Rendering is 1% higher in blue than green. (9~15 more blue on rgb)

The point is that the blue ratio in RGB must be higher than green

Samples have the same ratio of blue to green.

Of course, there may be people who see it as a little difference.

But consider this.

Shoko keycap has a soft harmony and a soft blue tone.

If the amount of green and blue is the same, the accent has the potential to break the balance.

I think the reason for paying the expensive cost of abs plastic is because of the detailed color control.

It's true that the sample is pretty now, but I feel a sense of incongruity when compared to rendering.

Again, it does not mean to specify the exact color value.

It simply means that the ratio of blue should be higher than green.

Mistook this for a parody of one of my posts over in the Necro thread at first.  :))

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 16:59:18 »
It may not be dead on, but it seems like either this compromise is made with GMK to use their in stock resin or the accents, maybe the whole set since it didn't hit MOQ, won't be made at all.

Probably what happened yeah

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:12:16 »
Thanks for taking charge of the project again Ray.

Maybe this is a weird request, but can you put the light blue and the blue-gray next to each other in your sample photos?

Also how many units have actually been sold?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline mta

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:16:58 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Any rough update on MOQ status / when the GB will end?

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 20:30:03 »
Also interested to know. There are a lot of great sets running right now and I need to plan carefully if I want to get as many as possible

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:56:03 »
Also interested to know. There are a lot of great sets running right now and I need to plan carefully if I want to get as many as possible

I’m still on the fence,

So many great sets coming out damn

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 05:19:16 »

I’m still on the fence,

So many great sets coming out damn

+1. I'm on tight budget and there's many good sets coming out I need to plan things out. I hesitated to join because moq was apparently very low and there was no update but now that it's revived I'm just one click away. MOQ status and/or GB end date would be nice indeed.

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:35:49 »
I don't think the MOQ matters anymore.

"GMK Shoko
The designer received the new color samples and he said that they look “wonderful.” We have confirmed this with GMK and are moving towards production - this set will become a reality! Kono and proxies will be issuing POs for this set soon."

Based on Kono's updates Shoko didn't reach MOQ so they negotiated with GMK to have it made anyway, GMK agreed on the stipulation that the custom color be substituted with an in stock resin, that was approved and now it's being made.
I'm not in any way presenting all that as fact, just what I inferred from Kono's Weekly Updates. This set is my ideal colorway, so I've been watching it super close since the GB opened.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 07:37:22 by V. Vega »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 08:30:17 »
Ray really needs to step it up and post more frequently here. There seems to be a few arguments going related to the colors and the samples, and there should be more active involvement from his part in this discussion.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 13:42:23 »
yikes dude

imagine abandoning your own gb

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 16:28:14 »
I joined since November of last year, and until today, I still have no idea what is going on with this GB. What a weird GB....

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 16:33:26 »
imagine having more infos from a proxy than from the ts

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 16:48:52 »
I joined since November of last year, and until today, I still have no idea what is going on with this GB. What a weird GB....

Part of why I was still hesitant in joining...
And then so many good sets coming out now.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:37:17 »
I was as interested in this as I was with GMK Bento GB, which I joined. Goes to show what kind of difference it makes with good communication and transparency. Stark contrast!
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline mta

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 16:33:30 »
Ray really needs to step it up and post more frequently here. There seems to be a few arguments going related to the colors and the samples, and there should be more active involvement from his part in this discussion.

Agreed.

The lack of response / updates in general is why I'm holding off on this particular GB.

Offline /wolfy

novelty of rhythm game
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:18:14 »
Can you add a novelty of rhythm game theme to this GB? I would like to put a novelty about music. Pause, next song, previous song. The musical notes are also very good.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: novelty of rhythm game
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:54:38 »
Can you add a novelty of rhythm game theme to this GB? I would like to put a novelty about music. Pause, next song, previous song. The musical notes are also very good.

The GB is over now, don't think anything can be added at this point.