Author Topic: [IC] FUSION60  (Read 135413 times)

Offline Vulcan

Re: [IC] FUSION60 (Final Design & Estimate Price)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 10:38:11 »
This is a build of the first prototype

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 15:28:47 »
Does it have enough room for battery placement?

Offline manitoid

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 00:35:43 »
Glad I didn't miss this one.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 05:39:28 »
How’s the weight?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 06:41:07 »
It might have been mentioned here already, but what colors are you looking into?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:24:41 »
Its supposed to.. but i havent tried it yet

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:24:56 »
How’s the weight?

About 1.5 kg.. do you think is too light?

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:33:22 »
Is that fully built or just the case?

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline befbef

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 14:01:15 »
What about an optional brass weight fitting inside the battery space? I don't need BT and like heavy cases.

Offline jlee755

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 16:47:41 »
How’s the weight?

For the price, I don't think it's a big deal.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 17:51:39 »
It might have been mentioned here already, but what colors are you looking into?
Black, Ferrari Red, Navy Blue, Dark Purple, Tokyo Pink, Space Grey, Silver

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 17:53:49 »
What about an optional brass weight fitting inside the battery space? I don't need BT and like heavy cases.
How heavy do you think is a good weight for a 60% board?

Offline befbef

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 19:32:48 »
1.5kg for the case alone is ok for me, could be 0.5kg more. There's no too heavy for me  :D
I just don't like the trend toward making place for batteries.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 11:32:10 »
60% weight is mostly personal preference. I love heavy cases, but some people will buy a 60% for transportation and they will want a lighter case.

Thats why I like the idea of an interior removable weight for the battery tray. It would allow the people who want a heavier keyboard to add it.

I think 1.5kg is a nice middle ground. Not too heavy, not too light.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 11:39:53 »
This thing is super beautiful! I kept seeing your posts on instagram about it, and thought I missed the GB for it, looks like it was just the prototype and I will still be able to join!

Offline manitoid

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:34:47 »
This is how the prototype looks like
Show Image

Does it still look like this from that angle, or has that been redesigned? I can't tell if it's been changed or just the angle of the pictures aren't showing that view.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 17:19:00 »
This is how the prototype looks like
Show Image

Does it still look like this from that angle, or has that been redesigned? I can't tell if it's been changed or just the angle of the pictures aren't showing that view.
I this havent been redeaign..But it will be.. im still out of town for now.. so i cant work on it.. do you have any suggestion on how to make it more appealing?

I was thinking of adding RGB defuser strip like this..

What do you think?

Offline manitoid

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 22:16:02 »
I wish I had a helpful suggestion for you, but I don't.

All I can say is that adding any kind of RGB to this would probably exclude me from this buy.
The simplicity of this is one of it's main selling points IMO.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 23:31:27 »

All I can say is that adding any kind of RGB to this would probably exclude me from this buy.
I'll make some alternative design and make polls for everyone here to fill.. so please bare with me :D

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 01:00:39 »
Chiming in to say a little more weight and an RGB diffuser would be amazing for me personally.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
[IC] FUSION60 (Final Design & Estimate Price)
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 01:09:05 »

I'll make some alternative design and make polls for everyone here to fill.. so please bare with me

Poll would be great. Would you make a prototype of another design so that we can see the difference irl?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 03:09:54 »
I’m gonna say 1.5kg is fine, since I’ll probably buying this for traveling.

I would highly suggest a unibody case if making the seam between the two pieces of the case “seamless”. There is nothing to worse than having to clean the interior every three weeks and I’m pretty sure a bad seam will trigger off lots of people.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 03:55:26 »
I’m gonna say 1.5kg is fine, since I’ll probably buying this for traveling.

I would highly suggest a unibody case if making the seam between the two pieces of the case “seamless”. There is nothing to worse than having to clean the interior every three weeks and I’m pretty sure a bad seam will trigger off lots of people.

While there is some merit to unibody case, I like this case because the plate is sandwiched between the case top and bottom (case mount). Having an unibody case would require the plate to be tray mounted, which is subpar compared to case mounted plates.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 04:11:39 »
I agree in regard to the tray mounted plate. I personally don’t like having rough edges or holes between the layers though. That would suck even further since at this price point, I’d rather take cosmetic over feels (lesser problem considering it’s only tray vs case mount
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2018, 04:54:14 by nickaster1 »

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 15:03:35 »
RGB light diffuser plate between the base and top plate. would make it look nicer imo, the light will shine down on that side as well. Will make it look more unique.

Offline line

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 15:18:56 »
RGB underglow support (diffuser etc) would probably tempt me enough to join this buy :P

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 22:56:53 »
When will GB start? This is amazing.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 22:58:14 »
Would normally be against diffuser, but I think it might enhance this particular design, and im interested to see what you come up with.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 23:36:23 »
If RGB diffuser is a must, I have to say the most you should do is the side diffuser (between the top case and the inseams). Going for a full acrylic/PC layer sandwiched between the case top and bottom would increase cost and ruin the aesthetics imho.

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 01:03:27 »
If RGB diffuser is a must, I have to say the most you should do is the side diffuser (between the top case and the inseams). Going for a full acrylic/PC layer sandwiched between the case top and bottom would increase cost and ruin the aesthetics imho.

Agreed. I'd love little cut outs instead of all around. Sides and maybe the back.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 17:07:39 »
when is this GB live? please let us know!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 00:39:13 »
when is this GB live? please let us know!

If everything goes well.... the GB is about the end of august

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 00:53:06 »
I have fix the design issue for the top case, hopefully now it will look better then before. I also have add RGB diffuser to let the RGB light of the DZ60 PCB bleed trough.. this will also help to highlight the side geometrical design so it would be more appealing  :thumb:

What if you don't like RGB light?? don't worry, I have design it to make sure when you turn off the RGB light, you wont even notice that there is a deffuser on this case. I design a little geometrical shape that is placed to block the diffuser from being seen, but still will let the RGB light to pass trough when it's turn on.

What do you guys think?

Offline cldskt

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 01:00:35 »
I have fix the design issue for the top case, hopefully now it will look better then before. I also have add RGB diffuser to let the RGB light of the DZ60 PCB bleed trough.. this will also help to highlight the side geometrical design so it would be more appealing  :thumb:

What if you don't like RGB light?? don't worry, I have design it to make sure when you turn off the RGB light, you wont even notice that there is a deffuser on this case. I design a little geometrical shape that is placed to block the diffuser from being seen, but still will let the RGB light to pass trough when it's turn on.

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sexy renders bro. Just wondering, could you highlight the diffuser part exactly? Not entirely sure where is the diffuser located at from the render.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 02:13:21 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sexy renders bro. Just wondering, could you highlight the diffuser part exactly? Not entirely sure where is the diffuser located at from the render.

This is the slot for the diffuser

With the diffuser in place

When Assembled

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 02:15:51 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When Assembled
Show Image

I dont know how well the light will bleed trough in real life.. so im now printing the 3d model to know exactly how it will be..

Offline cldskt

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 02:21:47 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When Assembled
Show Image

That’s clearer. Is this the only design out of a few that is approved by your CNC miller that you told me a few days ago?

Also, from what I understand from the last three detailed renders is that the diffuser is located as a part of the case top yes? However your previous renders seemed to show that the case top is separate from where the light bleed through (i.e. diffuser seems to be part of case bottom). Is this just part of render problem or am I seeing something wrongly?

Great renders btw, thanks for listening to feedbacks.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 10:11:24 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When Assembled
Show Image

That’s clearer. Is this the only design out of a few that is approved by your CNC miller that you told me a few days ago?

Also, from what I understand from the last three detailed renders is that the diffuser is located as a part of the case top yes? However your previous renders seemed to show that the case top is separate from where the light bleed through (i.e. diffuser seems to be part of case bottom). Is this just part of render problem or am I seeing something wrongly?

I Submitted 3 design but only 2 was approved by my manufacturer. the other design i dont want to post it here because i just dont like the design of the diffuser.

yes the diffuser is part of the top case. in the render it looks like a part of the bottom case maybe because there is a small section of the top case that is extruded to the bottom case.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 July 2018, 10:15:28 by Vulcan »

Offline cldskt

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 11:49:30 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When Assembled
Show Image

I Submitted 3 design but only 2 was approved by my manufacturer. the other design i dont want to post it here because i just dont like the design of the diffuser.

yes the diffuser is part of the top case. in the render it looks like a part of the bottom case maybe because there is a small section of the top case that is extruded to the bottom case.
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Gotcha. Now we will wait for that sweet sweet prototype to drool on.

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 20:30:07 »
I put myself as a most likely.

I'm assuming this will be the latest DZ60 with USB-C?

Also waiting on final weight with brass.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 03:03:43 »
If it’s not too late, I would like the option of Champagne Gold please. If I am the only one desiring so, I wouldn’t mind having a custom colour for extra cost.

Also just a reminder for OP not to skip coating on the brass weight to avoid fugly oxidations.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 12:24:37 »
Those renders look great!

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 20:28:22 »

What do you guys think?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

When Assembled
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

assuming you use standard dz60 not special one, dont think theres enough led to let the light bleed bright enough. maybe on the lighter color case the light might bounce but on the darker color may not. but well see when the prototype arrive..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 07:00:22 »
I have received the top case prototype.. tried it out.. but sadly the light does not bleed trough :(

I dont know what to do now :(

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 07:38:07 »
I have received the top case prototype.. tried it out.. but sadly the light does not bleed trough :(

I prefer without the diffuser, think it makes the sides more clean. But that's just my two cents

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:15:08 »

heres my thoughts, if the pcb are align with the cutout then the light would not bleed, the pcb will block the light from going through. if the pcb is slightly higher than the cutout its possible for the light to bleed if more LED are added to the side of the pcb and somehow the bottom case can bounce the light i.e lighter color cases. please correct me if im wrong.

Offline ZombieOfZimbabwe

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:18:42 »

heres my thoughts, if the pcb are align with the cutout then the light would not bleed, the pcb will block the light from going through. if the pcb is slightly higher than the cutout its possible for the light to bleed if more LED are added to the side of the pcb and somehow the bottom case can bounce the light i.e lighter color cases. please correct me if im wrong.

This definitely makes sense, and he said before the cutout was part of the top case. To maintain the design, I’m wondering if it would be possible to move the cutout to the bottom part of the case and not look too different.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:20:27 »
I have received the top case prototype.. tried it out.. but sadly the light does not bleed trough

I dont know what to do now

Building on this, yes I agree that if the PCB is in line/lower than with the cutouts, then of course no light will bleed through. Increasing the height of the case bottom (or thinning the top case - not recommended though) might help.

Or, another way to mitigate this problem is to have a “deeper” geometric design at the sign so that it “cuts in” more and allow bigger space for light to bleed through.

EDIT: **** I just read Zombie’s comment and realised, his proposed idea makes more sense. Try putting the “cut out” at the case bottom instead. Having the cut-out at the case top makes zero sense as technically it will be above the plate, ergo above the PCB.

Also Vulcan, would you mind posting the prototyped top whereby the light failed to bleed through? We might be able to help you more with better visuals.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:24:12 by cldskt »

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 01:37:23 »
here’s my proposed idea, instead of thinning the top case or putting the cutout on the bottom why not adding the top case height and thinning the lower case. this wont change the overall design significantly...

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 03:22:39 »

The pcb is already above the cutout.. I think if want to add RGB lighting like the latest render I would need to make dedicated SMD LED just for the light bleed