Author Topic: Leeku PCB RGB Stuck  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Steelers501

Leeku PCB RGB Stuck
« on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 17:56:39 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting, but I've tried just about everything. I have a Mira SE with a Leeku PCB, and out of no where, the RGB under-glow is now yellow (only one light) with no way of undoing it. I re-flashed the firmware, tried to change just about everything inside of JigOn, and the keyboard just will not switch RGB colors. To be clear, I can't get the RGB to turn on or off, change colors, change modes, etc. The keyboard appears to be functioning fine (which I guess is the important part), but I'm frustrated that this happened out of no where. Changing other keys is working as expected using JigOn.

Any help would be truly appreciated, thank you!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Leeku PCB RGB Stuck
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 19:02:15 »
TBH the best thing you can do for your sanity is replace the pcb with one that works.  I know you say its working now minus LED's, but leeku pcb's are known to fail.  Ive only ever experienced them bricking, nothing with LED's.  If you reflashed already, I cant think of much else you could do, except for desoldering the LEDs.  Did you try changing the keymap and see if that takes?  Might be a good way to see if the controller is accepting changes.

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 20:08:34 »
TBH the best thing you can do for your sanity is replace the pcb with one that works.  I know you say its working now minus LED's, but leeku pcb's are known to fail.  Ive only ever experienced them bricking, nothing with LED's.  If you reflashed already, I cant think of much else you could do, except for desoldering the LEDs.  Did you try changing the keymap and see if that takes?  Might be a good way to see if the controller is accepting changes.

I appreciate the reply! I intended on changing out these switches anyway, so I might as well get a new PCB. I did try and change the keymap and it worked, which is what was so confusing. No matter what I do in JigOn though, the RGB will not change from this single yellow color. I can't even get the LED to turn off (which is why I know something is screwed up).

This is a side question and I apologize for it, but do you have any recommendations for 80% PCB's? Anytime I look up "Mira SE PCB", I find nothing but Leeku PCB's and I don't even think they sell them anywhere. Thanks so much for your help, I truly appreciate it.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 20:29:13 »

I appreciate the reply! I intended on changing out these switches anyway, so I might as well get a new PCB. I did try and change the keymap and it worked, which is what was so confusing. No matter what I do in JigOn though, the RGB will not change from this single yellow color. I can't even get the LED to turn off (which is why I know something is screwed up).

This is a side question and I apologize for it, but do you have any recommendations for 80% PCB's? Anytime I look up "Mira SE PCB", I find nothing but Leeku PCB's and I don't even think they sell them anywhere. Thanks so much for your help, I truly appreciate it.

https://hineybush.com/products/h87a-1-8

This is the best alternative, imo, currently available.

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 20:50:26 »

https://hineybush.com/products/h87a-1-8

This is the best alternative, imo, currently available.

Just ordered. Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help!!