Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2013 CHICAGO

Things I learned at Keycon...

<< < (12/13) > >>

tjcaustin:

--- Quote from: hashby on Sun, 01 September 2013, 11:56:56 ---Not all these observations are totally dedicated to Keycon, but through the GH community itself:

Ming will now forever be known as "Mingopedia"
CPT Badass is "always wrong"  ;)
TJ's peace "pipe" is pretty cool
Sifo is a real live anime character
The Beast is an expert craftsman and not the ferocious animal I expected :eek:
Binge is a deadringer for Russell Brand
Mr. and Mrs. Melvang have some awesome recipes
Halverson, I appreciate the "no judgement" of my drinking straight from the water carafe
HoffmanMyster, you're a sweet, gentle giant
You all really do have birth names other than your handles
General internet terms defined:  Planking, trolling--thank you   :)
Double shots are not espresso drinks
A Phantom is not a spook
A Cherry is not a tasty fruit
GB= group buy
Twerking is not a talent reserved for Miley Cyrus  :p
Geekhackers are often foodies, anime' enthusiasts and gearheads  :thumb:

Smally Fry has an incredible family (Mamafry, your new avatar rocks!)---although I never had the privilege of meeting Nate, I feel like I got a glimpse of his exuberant nature and loving essence--thank you for keeping his sweet spirit alive in this community through your energetic involvement

Mashby has a wonderful network of fellow Geekhackers who are so witty, kind, creative and all around brilliant!

Thank you all for openly embracing this techie challenged , GH newbie into your great community.  :-*

--- End quote ---

It's so very awesome that this stuck.

Also, halverson got all his carafe drinking judgement out on me when I drank from one earlier.

CPTBadAss:
You guys don't even know. Sparkle Barbie skilled it when she picked out an amazing place to have brunch...and indulged my obsession with ice cream. I tend to remember people based on food experiences more than keyboard experiences :P. Welcome to GeekHack!

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Sun, 01 September 2013, 21:26:49 ---You guys don't even know. Sparkle Barbie skilled it when she picked out an amazing place to have brunch...and indulged my obsession with ice cream. I tend to remember people based on food experiences more than keyboard experiences :P. Welcome to GeekHack!

--- End quote ---

Man, I missed brunch??

CPTBadAss:
Thought you had to duck out as soon as we left? No worries, I'll just have to get brunch with you another time...it's on me :D

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Sun, 01 September 2013, 22:07:10 ---Thought you had to duck out as soon as we left? No worries, I'll just have to get brunch with you another time...it's on me :D

--- End quote ---

Just come to Minneapolis.  I know a few good places around here.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version