Author Topic: [GB] Fusion60 (70% Shipped and Received )  (Read 73911 times)

Offline snaranda0305

Re: [GB] Fusion60 (70% Shipped and Received )
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 21:57:49 »
Wonder if anyone wants to transfer a HHKB layout spot

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 19:13:42 »
These have already shipped (most of them anyway), so you can probably just create a WTB thread here and/or mechmarket

Offline dodung.breakwood

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 22:04:09 »
The finish is amazing.  Your products look great

Offline kungszehon

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 09:01:12 »
For those wondering about the white finish, I got a response from kbdfans:

Rough estimate 3 weeks maybe more, as annoying as these delays have been I'm happy they care enough to go through all this trouble to make sure we get a quality end product.

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 14:17:12 »
Any updates on the timeline for this. Still waiting on a standard layout in gray.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:14:39 »
Any updates on the timeline for this. Still waiting on a standard layout in gray.

I’ve been speaking with the lady we were told to contact from KBD Fans on discord via PM. She made it seem like it should be this week. I will let you know if I hear an update. I will definitely be checking by Thursday. I know delays happen, but this has gotten out of hand. Especially the lack of updates. Why do the customers have to try to track down answers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 08:52:23 »

I’ve been speaking with the lady we were told to contact from KBD Fans on discord via PM. She made it seem like it should be this week. I will let you know if I hear an update. I will definitely be checking by Thursday. I know delays happen, but this has gotten out of hand. Especially the lack of updates. Why do the customers have to try to track down answers?

I've been messaging her as well, last night she let me know they should be shipping to KBDfans next week most likely.

Sent from my Galaxy s10+ using Tapatalk

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 09:00:39 »

I've been messaging her as well, last night she let me know they should be shipping to KBDfans next week most likely.

I sent her a message on Wednesday and got a response last night that I did not see until now. She told me that the production had switched to a different factory. I specifically asked if they were going to meet the 2-3 week deadline that she gave me 2 weeks ago, to the day. I understand delays happen, they’re trying to put out a good product, and there are some issues with the government regulations. However, I’m tired of every week, it’s going to be another week. I’m also tired of having to dog on near beat an update out of someone. I’ve asked for a refund. Hate to be so blunt, but I feel like I’ve been plenty patient.

Offline Vox

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 11:52:36 »
Yeah, it's kinda annoying how long it is taking. I was hoping to build it in the summer but I guess it's just part of the group buy risk and because it's neither Vulcan's or kbdfan's fault, I'm fine waiting as long as I get the exact product I ordered.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 23:47:22 »
So is there no possibility for extra PCBs? I'm using a dz60 right now but kinda bummed out I'll always miss out on the side glow.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:25:55 »
So is there no possibility for extra PCBs? I'm using a dz60 right now but kinda bummed out I'll always miss out on the side glow.

Honestly, the side glow is pretty disappointing. I leave mine off.

Offline Ecty

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 01:20:54 »
Anyone know when the remaining e-white cases will be done?

Offline str8away

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 11:18:24 »
I don’t think anyone really knows. I’m still waiting on a gray one. I keep asking sherry and she’s saying the manufacturer isn’t really communicating to her either. It feels like she gets like 1 of a color per week at this point.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 10:17:27 »
I don’t think anyone really knows. I’m still waiting on a gray one. I keep asking sherry and she’s saying the manufacturer isn’t really communicating to her either. It feels like she gets like 1 of a color per week at this point.

Hi, sorry for not updating frequently, it's just because I havent got any valid good news from kbdfans.

So some of you might know. last month I requested Kbdfans to move Fusion60 to a better factory. I felt really bad because some of you guys has to wait this long.
The old factory kept on failing and failing on reproduction and was taking too long.

Today i have news from kbdfans, today they already sent out 2 gray case and some other color. the case came out really great, they sent me the blue photo color and it looks stunning. the new factory did a really great job.

as for the white it is expected to arrive in a couple of days. maybe will come same time as tofu white.

I will keep you guys update if i have news

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 12:20:11 »

Hi, sorry for not updating frequently, it's just because I havent got any valid good news from kbdfans.

So some of you might know. last month I requested Kbdfans to move Fusion60 to a better factory. I felt really bad because some of you guys has to wait this long.
The old factory kept on failing and failing on reproduction and was taking too long.

Today i have news from kbdfans, today they already sent out 2 gray case and some other color. the case came out really great, they sent me the blue photo color and it looks stunning. the new factory did a really great job.

as for the white it is expected to arrive in a couple of days. maybe will come same time as tofu white.

I will keep you guys update if i have news

Great news, been really enjoying using this keeb for the few months I've had it. To the people waiting it's def worth the wait.

Offline Frystie

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 13:24:50 »
Any more updates on the e-white?

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 00:39:47 »
I dont know where else to ask, but I got everything to work on my Fusion60 except one thing. On the right side, only the top two LED's light up. Looking at it closely, the third one has sign of life (green and blue are slightly lit up), but everything below has no light.

https://imgur.com/1N9aNDE Is a link of the problem
https://imgur.com/qSNBJIf Is a link of the LED's, looking at it closely, the third one looks soldered properly but is misaligned, would that be the problem?

Would I be able to find some RGB strips and solder that side if I need to? I have no experience with surface mount soldering and don't think I have the proper tools to fix it

Offline schlep

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 04:53:38 »
Can the pcb support an arrow cluster?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 14:04:47 »
This is a 60% board. there are no dedicated keys for arrows, unless you setup your firmware to dedicate some of the keys.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:19:22 »
This is a 60% board. there are no dedicated keys for arrows, unless you setup your firmware to dedicate some of the keys.

There are several approaches to a 60% layout with arrow cluster, e.g.: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/21ef8e130aad3d8fd63d1d40238b2a78

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:24:35 »
@rawrjau I actually am having the same issue. Just soldered and set mine up 2 days ago. I took the side pcb with the LEDs on it off and it appeared as though the LED was not soldered on 2 points. And was loose. I'm actually going to have a friend who has a lot of surface mount soldering equipment try and fix it next week. I also contacted kbdfans about it but have yet to hear back.

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:26:08 by NinjaSquirrel21 »

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 02:35:06 »

There are several approaches to a 60% layout with arrow cluster, e.g.: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/21ef8e130aad3d8fd63d1d40238b2a78

That’s a gk64 layout if I’m jut mistaken and that - like I said - requires you to setup the firmware to dedicate those keys to an area or cluster.

The pcb is a slightly modified dz60, with a standard 60% layout pre flashed. Dz60 does support the gk64 layout so badically the answer is yes - it’s possible if you set it up.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 05:46:47 »
Yes,and GK64 format is... wait for it... 60%. My response was specifically to "This is a 60% board. there are no dedicated keys for arrows", suggesting that one equalled the other.

Offline Vox

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 10:06:07 »
Welp. Did anyone else get this? Mine was for White HHKB
231880-0

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:52:27 »
One one hand yeah that sucks for those who've been waiting so long. On the other hand they at least have the integrity to admit when they've hit a wall and offer a refund. That's more than can be said for many group buys. Without understanding what the factory difficulties are behind the scenes (especially when so many already shipped), kudos for kbdfans for doing the right thing here with refunds.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:53:52 »
I'm curious - is it just the e-white orders which are waiting or are people still waiting for anodized orders too? Wondering if the production issue is just to do with the e-white finish, in which case I also wonder if they'd offer to change the order to a different finish for those that still want the board .

Offline Merked

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 02:20:21 »
Is there going to be an R2?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 03:53:45 »
Is there going to be an R2?
Given the manufacturing difficulties and cancelled orders with R1, it's extremely unlikely.